When you call, mention priority code 158R-HJTH

Rating and Reviews: Boss GT100 Amp and Effect

The Boss GT-100 puts a huge amp collection at your feet. With this modeling pedal's easy-to-use interface, you can dial in that sound in your head -- fast!

"Boss GT-100 My Personal Experience" submitted August 1, 2012

By Frankie D in Venice, FL
Overall
Musical Background: Been jammin' at home for 10 years... Guitar, Congas, Drums, Bass
Music Style: Blues, Latin, Rock
Overall: The Boss GT-100 is well made and looks awesome! The buttons are solid and you can't ask for better pedals. They are super quiet and sturdy. The dual display is great and it doesn't take too much time to figure it all out without having to read the manual. If I had to rate "User Friendly" from 1-10, 1 being "Difficult" and 10 being "Easy", I would give the Boss GT-100 a solid 8. The Boss GT-100 does lack a nice computer interface. The one that comes with it looks like it came out of Windows 95. Roland should definitely do something about that. Other than that, the GT-100 will give you hours of experimenting with endless sounds and tones... You're only limited by your own imagination. Enjoy!
18 of 19 people (94.74%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Superb Boss GT100, really a big winner with this unit!" submitted September 17, 2012

By ruben trevino in katy, TX
Musical Background: been playing 30+ years, guitar, and gig all the time
Music Style: rock/pop
Overall: Recently got the GT100, and Im really impressed how Boss has done its homework to improve the GT100 and make it really easy to use out of the box. Major upgrade in overall tone and ease, and its a snap to figure out how to use it. Definitely get this unit, dont waste money on other junk. Boss is the best DNA out there!

"you need this " submitted July 20, 2013

By ugene n in sacramento, CA
Musical Background: semi pro of 35yrs. play all instruments #1 guitar
Music Style: classical,blues,alt.metal
Overall: yes i bought mine here on zzounds 4 payments verses 3 elsewhere what can i say this thing is a monster and ive been writing a wider range of music than i did with my korg this will separate the men from the boys .not a fan of the exp.peddle as a wah ill stick to my morley. planing on getting a second for later on

"Versatile and built like a tank" submitted March 17, 2013

By Kevin McCarthy in Mesa, AZ
Overall
Musical Background: Studied music when I was younger, just getting back into it!
Music Style: Christian
Overall: First off I am not a professional and I do not tour. I bought this for my Bass Guitar and although designed mainly for guitar, I was able to tweak and create some excellent patches for my bass! This thing is rock solid with metal construction and I don't feel like I need to be gentle (I am though). As far as ZZ Sounds, get response, the item shipped as promised and arrived when scheduled.

"Good product, not without shortcomings" submitted May 22, 2012

Musical Background: Full time PRO
Music Style: Pop/Rock/Latin/Jazz/Fusion
Overall: I was looking for a multi-efx pedal that could handle both acoustic and electric guitars. You'd think that in 2012 that should be easy, right? Well, not really.Let me start with the good stuff: The unit is SUPER easy to use. They really did a great job with the GUI - I haven't had to read the manual for any of its features and I was able to get into in-depth programming within a very few minutes of unpacking the unit.The clean sounds are honest and well defined - the reverb is ok but, not as good as the old BOSS SE50/70 for example - why??? I like the fact that the EQ has both LOW and HI freq FILTERS - a GREAT addition and it's available at all time.In essence the unit has a number of effect that are always available such as OD/DS, COMP., EQ, AMP, NR, DLY, CHR and REV. Then, there are 2 EFX modules which can be used to add a number of other effects. My gripe is that TWO is not always enough and I feel BOSS should have added at least a third.I am very picky about my sound so, I was really waiting to see how it would perform on clean patches, for both acoustic and electric. I have to say that I was ale to program a set of patches for my nylon and steel string acoustic that sound really natural, open and polished. No nasal overtones at all. I am impressed.I also like the clean patches I was able to program for my solid and hollow body electrics, for pop/rock and jazz. Was I don't like as much are the overdrive sounds. Just not convincing to me. To make them more palatable I had to really mess with EQ, compression and amp models.About the amp model: they do NOT sound anything like the amp they purport to represent, that's for sure. You will have to forget the "model" and imply listen for a sound you like. However, if you expect the "blackface" or "super tween" to sound anything like the real guys...forget it! Not even close. Just accept the models for what they are, not for what they are supposed to be :)For a "pro" product this unit lacks both on inputs and outputs. Should have had XLR as well as inputs for additional guitars. A big shortcoming in my opinion. Considering the Line 6 HD gives you that much and that all routing is programmable per patch, the BOSS lacks in this dept.Also lacking is support for more external pedal/switches - there is ONLY ONE, and you either plug an EXPRESSION pedal OR foot switches, but NOT both at the same time! Why? And only ONE AMP control jack - again, totally unacceptable these days. Further, no SPDIF out - again, the POD HD is way ahead of the BOSS GT-100 in this area.I was so disappointed that I had actually called Zzound to return it! However, I decided that accepting its limitations would allow me to have a unit that would sound great for CLEAN sound, for both my acoustic and electric guitars.I just have to wonder what BOSS what thinking when they designed this. They have been in the game for a long time and certain missing features should have been incorporated in this unit from the get go. It amazes me that they unit was designed without such basic features as an XLR out!
30 of 38 people (78.95%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"very impressed" submitted September 21, 2012

By Jackson cavender in lakewood, CO
Musical Background: full time professional
Music Style: Rock and blues
Sound: Sounds just like my Marshall. Also sounds like my twin.Very good rich tone. Actually responds to your pick like a tube amp. Feature: Efx are great. The ability to assign efx to the extra switch. Momentary or latching Can assign a different amp to each channel Ease of Use: Very easy Quality: Built really tough. Something i have come to expect from boss. Value: Worth every penny. Manufacturer Support: No need to call The Wow Factor: Versatile and very easy to use. Overall: I purchased the gt 100 5 weeks ago. Im a full time musician and perform over 200 shows a year. i have always used Marshall amps and the maintenance has always been expensive and a pain to deal with. i run the gt 100 through a rocktron velocity power amp and a Marshall 412. It sounds amazing. Several local guitar players are looking to purchase and retire their tube amps after they have heard it. I have used the pod xt also the digitech rp500. The boss blows both of them away.Spend the extra money and get the boss gt100 it is superior in every way.

"WOW" submitted January 31, 2013

By John Fogerty in hollwood ca, CA
Musical Background: 40 yrs my own music I play guitar I am professional
Music Style: country blues and rock
Overall: BEST PEDAL ON THE MARKET

"WOW" submitted May 23, 2013

By SHAWN P in swoyersville, PA
Musical Background: 35 years playing guitar play in a rock band
Music Style: rock country
Overall: I had line 6 hd 500 and rp 1000 and the boss gt 100 is the best out there for multi effects unit out there and the rp 1000 is the second best unit out there

"I Like The BOSS GT-10 Best" submitted January 13, 2013

By James Limborg in Roseville, MN
Musical Background: Professional Rock Guitarist, Music Writer, Producer
Overall: I like the BOSS GT-10 best because it has individual buttons for each of the effects so I can instantly see which effects are on/off (without having to scroll through a menu system) and edit each effect as well. With the BOSS GT-10 you can instantly install BOSS GT-10 Patches by James Limborg. BOSS GT-10 Patches will not instantly install into a BOSS GT-100, JS-10, or JS-8 which makes you have to manually enter in all of the BOSS GT-10 patch settings.

When you call, mention priority code 158R-HJTH. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976