When you call, mention priority code 1423-NBD5

Rating and Reviews: Boss GE-7 EQ Pedal

Get complete control over your sound with this 7-band equalizer pedal. It also eliminates unwanted feedback.

"Got to have one!" submitted July 11, 2011

Music Style: Rock, Hard Rock, Alt
Sound: Really helps to shape your tone, or is awesome as a solo boost in your effects loop. Feature: It has more then enough bands and the level slider is a plus. Ease of Use: As long as you know what EQ does there no no learning curve for this pedal. Quality: Like all Boss pedals. Built to last a long time. Value: Well for a simple EQ I'd rather pay a bit less. Manufacturer Support: never had to deal with Boss directly. I guess that is good, never had a problem with any of their products. The Wow Factor: I like the look of all the Boss pedals. Overall: I use mine as a boost for my guitar solos. If it were lost or stole I would replace it immediately with the same item.

"The ultimate cure-all" submitted April 8, 2012

By Pick P in Boston, MA
Overall
Musical Background: 25+ years. I play guitar professionally in a working cover band
Music Style: Rock, Country, Metal, Blues
Overall: For whatever reason, though I have been playing guitar for many years I've never bothered to put anything into the FX loop other than a chorus or delay pedal. Recently I've decided to lose the multi fx pedal I use and go straight into the amp. Well I wasnt able to get close to the tone I wanted so a friend suggested I try a GE-7 through the FX loop of my amp which is a Valveking 112 into a Sheffield 4x12. Bought one here at ZZ and proceeded to try it out in the FX loop.. WOW!! That's about all I can say. I don't even need the 4x12 any more which makes gigging so much easier. This pedal brought a low end(though modified) amp like a VK112 into Mesa territory and I kid you not. Slight bumps and slight cutting of certain frequencies on this pedal and it turns your amp into a monster. I have been playing for over 25 years and have owned many expensive and big name amps but this pedal into a cheap amp competes with and actually tops some of them easily!! I can say in all honesty that the only reason I'd ever buy another amp is as a backup and to see what this pedal can do to another amp.

"straight As for ge7" submitted June 18, 2004

Music Style: country, folk, acoustic, love songs, 60s music
Sound: tip to make the sound better? just study the ranges - frequencies are sensitive - adjust to suit your need, your taste Quality: as ever - boss pedals are STURDY, strong to withstand all road conditions, weather even.. Value: good enuf for a great gear Manufacturer Support: haven't gotten in touch w/ the company which made the boss ge7 The Wow Factor: the color bothers me, light yellow, blue might be better, but its purely my opinion - my choice of color. i lusted for this product when i found what it can do, its a great gear to pomp my performances color versus the use and its contribution to me - i say id buy it even if its baby pink... :-) Overall: nope, i dont have a need as of now for other products- the ge7 equalizer works well w/ my boss bass chorus and flanger, and the best it can stand alone w/ my yamaha APX3.

"Not Bad to have.." submitted November 12, 2005

Musical Background: Garage for life
Music Style: rock/hardrock
Sound: It helps other effects to sound more effective in certain ways of playing. Feature: This pedal really works for solos and boosting your sound during the chorus part of the song you played. If you play rythmic leads in the verse it also help to enhance your guitar sound more clearer and brighter by simply adjusting the Level slightly way up. It also makes my modulation effects sound great in some certain ways in my own taste of listening. Quality: I have eight Boss Pedals so far, I like them all not only for the sound but also in quality they can take a proper abusive use in stage or in the garage. They don't broke easily like most other pedals. They last long-including the sound never changed stay theysame the way it is. Value: I give a 9 on value because for me a $100.00 retail price is a bit quite expensive to its usefullness. If this pedal supply also power to other boss pedals like the NS-2 its more better but its not. A $79.00 or $89.00 for this one will be a great value overall. The Wow Factor: Im curious before how this pedal really shape the sound in whole my set-up but once I own it really help in certain ways in making your sound more effective in stage or during a practice or even in your room. Overall: This quite expensive for a 7-band EQ but its Boss dont worry it will last for a long long time..

Boss GE-7 EQ Pedal Customer Review submitted November 8, 2003

Sound: I use this pedal to increase the distorion pedal i also have. It makes a HUGE difference in sound when it is on. My guitar comes through cleaner, louder and more powerfully.

"A must have for all types of music" submitted September 18, 2006

Music Style: hard rock
Sound: One word: TONE. This thing is awesome, it can be used for any type of music. If you have a distortion pedal, and you're just not getting enough tone, buy this. It can make any sound sound sooo much better. Feature: Good, i guess, i dont really care, i just care about the sound Ease of Use: You're gonna have to play around with it alot until you have the sound you want. Quality: it wont break, its built like a tank Value: its a bit pricy, but worth every penny Manufacturer Support: i dont know, never dealt with them Overall: Equalizers are just awesome. You can get great tone out of it, no matter what kind of music you play. I recommend this product to anyone who needs that extra 'oomph' to your sound. I don't know how long this will last, but when it does die out (if it does), I'll get another equalizer, but probably that twin pedal equalizer that Boss makes.

"Probably one of the best products out if your just starting out and need more bottom and punch in your guitar sound." submitted August 14, 2003

By a customer from satx.rr.com
Music Style: Heavy metal
Sound: Great product. The only thing wrong is you need ear plugs after a while. The pitch is really high and it slices through your ear. I use it through the ex loop in the back and not in front of the amp. And I would like to hear it with a bbe maximizer, something that bring out highs and lows naturally. I think both of them together would sound cool. Feature: It could of come with an adapter. Quality: I used it a lot when I first got then had it in a closet for a long while. Just recently I started using it again and it still works fine after being just thrown in a dust filled closet. Value: There is a bbe maximizer for the same price and I would rather use that. Overall: To me it still hold up even with all these new eq's and other big bottom and high enhancments.

When you call, mention priority code 1423-NBD5. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976