When you call, mention priority code 207-91HB

Rating and Reviews: Boss DS-1X Distortion

The iconic Boss DS pedal -- updated! Boss' MDP technology actively analyzes your tone and settings to create the DS-1X's incredibly rich, natural distortion.

"UNREAL!!!!!" submitted March 12, 2015

By Dave Lasher in Winnamucca, NV
Musical Background: Play Professionally
Music Style: Hard Rock/ Metal
Overall: Ok...Ive played with the DS-1 and wanted to like it , I've owned it a few times, trying to dial in the sound and never could get a good sound out of it, NOT understanding how Satraini and Vai and Lynch have one in their Pedal boards, because i just don't hear any resemblance to a DS-1 in their Tone. I guess if i wanted a grungy tone or a Sex Pistols tone it would be great but I play Glam 80's Rock and there was no way that pedal was going to give me that tone. Also I have never found a distortion that you could go through a clean channel on a tube amp head and it sounds good, always lacking a bottom end and sounds terrible and trebly. I use a Blackstar HT Metal 100 Watt Head into a 4X12 cab for live shows and I cannot get a great distortion out of it and it's been depressing. I even recently tried the Boss GT-100 processor in hopes of a better tone, cool stuff but just don't have months to play with it and dial sounds in. The other day I even tired out a Boss MT Metal Zone pedal....cool but extremely buzzy. So in my depressing state, as a last ditch effort I watched an hour or so reviews on the new Boss DS-1X, on Youtube, it's getting great reviews and to be honest i was skeptical , but what did i have to lose? and to be honest, most of the reviews I was still skeptical. $149.00 isn't pocket change for most of us But I ordered it two days ago and it showed up on my doorstep last night (litterally got it within 24 hrs!!) I plugged it into the smaller Roland practice amp I use here at the house with all the settling at 12 o clock...Not bad, not great, messed with the two EQ seting knobs and in the end was kind of depressed thinking it didn't sound that much different from the regular DS-1 ...in fact i was going to return it this morning. I got up this morning and decided to go over to our practice studio and plug through my main live rig before returning it. I'M GLAD I DID!!!! with the settings ALL at 12 o clock this thing sounded like a complete monster!!! Thick tone, Bottom end, great distortion and something i really NEED ...great long sustain!!! it is everything the Metal zone is but without the buzzing tone and when you roll off your volume it cleans up well. Even with the distortion when you are at full volume, you can hear each note clearly, something i couldn't get with the Blackstar amp distortion or with any processor or distortion i have tried. I tweaked the lows up to both about 1-2 o clock, level at 12 o clock and distortion at 12 o clock and it sounded even better and full. Turning the distirtion to 3 o clock gave me that Metallica distortion and tone which 12 o clock still gives me plenty to play Sabbath!!! the versatility of this pedal is amazing. We are primarily Sabbath, Alice Cooper, Kiss, Crue, Poison, Great White covers as well as countless others and THIS is the pedal and tone i have been searching for for the past 20 years...YES it is THAT good!!!, we just started doing some Iron Maiden as well and this is gonna give me THAT tone too. I think BOSS has outdone themselves with this one...I might even buy another one to put away in case this one ever breaks LOL...I really love this thing...Buy one...a couple shows and it will pay for itself!!! Easily one of the best things i have bought in a very long time!!!

"Boss DS-1X Distortion Pedal" submitted October 18, 2015

By George O in Louisville, KY
Musical Background: Guitar 17 Years Just roe fun
Music Style: Rock, Blues and Hard Country.
Overall: The Best Pedal Money can buy, Boss hit the G spot with this Distortion pedal. What can I say about the DS-1X . (HOT BUTTER). Boss has always made good pedals for years. Can and will Boss ever top this pedal? Only time can tell. Thanks Boss for an amazing pedal. and ZZounds for always being there for me.

"Kicks ass - if you can play!" submitted September 25, 2016

By Eric M in Raleigh, NC
Overall
Musical Background: Acoustic and electric guitar by self-study and hobby with music theory since 2004
Music Style: Rock, blues, some fusion/jazz
Overall: I got the wall adpator to keep from burning through batteries. Anyway, this makes a great complement to the Blackstar combo amp! I need nothing else for practice and jamming to blues, jazz, rock and some metal

"This is truly something new and great." submitted April 5, 2014

By Kelly G in McAllen, TX
Overall
Musical Background: Played in many weekend bands. Given piano and guitar lessons for 35 years.
Music Style: Classic rock and old heavy metal.
Overall: I'm 58 and have boxes of pedals. This is the best thing I've ever heard. I give guitar lessons at a music store and all the guitarist / salesmen are getting one. You can not dail a bad sound everything sounds great. A little distortion sounds great. A lot of distortion sounds great. Any High and Low setting sounds great. Better than amp distortion. GET ONE! VERY inspiring and RESPONSIVE. Cleans up very nicely with guitar volume and soft picking.

When you call, mention priority code 207-91HB. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976