When you call, mention priority code 20N-TFTS

Rating and Reviews: Boss DD-500 Digital Delay

Boss does digital delay right with the DD-500! Choose from 12 delay modes -- tape echoes to edgy filters -- then shape and save your sounds on the large LCD.

Overall

" "It's the ship that made the Kessel Run in less than twelve parsecs"" submitted December 3, 2015

By Remington R in Athens, GA
Overall
Musical Background: I have been playing music for 17 years, 2 Bands, I play piano,guitar,and bass, Bass is primary currently
Music Style: Rock, Blues, Pop, Funk, Jam
Overall: Did some research and chose this guy for use with my Bass guitar. I needed something versatile, reliable, and easy to manage. We play with in-ear monitors and a click track so every song has specific timing for things. I wanted a delay I could dial in the timing to a specific BPM and choose which note is getting the delay beat. And here I introduce the DD-500 - Boom Son! Sounds great with Bass guitar, countless options and capabilities, quick learning curve, ability to save tons of settings and pull them up quickly while on stage. Everything from super tight punchy delay sounds, to that washed out muddy swirling sound you can use for intro and outro bits. Stunning. Why buy something else when you could have the Millennium Falcon. "It's the ship that made the Kessel Run in less than twelve parsecs" - Han Solo zZounds is amazing! great customer service, thank you for the ease of payment option if needed, and for timely deliveries!!

"Top Shelf" submitted September 12, 2016

By a customer from gmai.com in Lakes Area, TX
Overall
Musical Background: 25+ years guitar and recording.
Music Style: Anything with guitars in it.
Sound: The sound is decent overall, some modes sound better than others. My last two delays were a Flashback and before that an EchoPark and this pedal sounds better than either and, offers TONS more functionality. I don't care for the sound of the Shimmer mode, this is one of the few areas where I feel that the DD-500 really falls short of its closest competitors. I could do without the Terra Echo too. Instead of an effects loop for the repeats, it has built in effects that you can add to the repeats within the unit. Aside from the modulations, I don't care for most of the effects and would have much rather had an effects loop. Don't get me wrong though, I am VERY pleased with this pedal. I mainly use the Standard and Analog modes and they sound just fine and are worth the price of admission alone. Feature: This is where this pedal really impresses. This things has ten times more functionality than I will ever use. The real genius of this design is that you can either walk right up to it and twist knobs and get a good basic sound quick and easy or you can go into the deep editing and let your imagination run wild. Seriously, this thing is only limited by how much time you want to spend tinkering with it. The manual manages to be BOTH huge and worthless, a common theme among Roland's more complicated products and, believe me, this pedal CAN get complicated if that's what you want. The ONLY feature I would like to see that was omitted would be an effects loop. Ease of Use: This pedal can be adjusted pretty easily but, if ease of use is a serious concern of yours, I would probably just look at something else entirely. Quality: My last two digital delays both went out within 2-3 years and, THAT was my main motivator in choosing a Boss product. Many people I have owned and played lots of Boss and Roland products over the decades and they have consistently been some of the most reliable music products I have ever seen. I have only owned this pedal a few months so, I can't really speak to it's reliability at this point but, I am optimistic about it. Value: This is obviously subjective. The truth is, I would have probably been just fine with the DD-7 at half the price.... BUT! zZounds make it so darned easy to treat yourself with their awesome payment plans,...so why not?!!? In comparison to pedals like the Timeline, Time Factor, Flashback X4, etc... I think the DD-500 offers the most options for the money. The reputation of Boss and Roland products also makes me more confident to spend this kind of money on a pedal. I think it is money well spent. Manufacturer Support: Never needed to contact Roland before. The manuals are terrible though. The Wow Factor: I think that this pedal is terribly ugly. They should have hit is with that snazzy black metal flake paint job that's on the the Boss RV-6. Overall: A top shelf multi-delay that is a bit more affordable than it's competition.

"Incredible Value, Endless Fun" submitted October 16, 2016

By Corey Weatherford in Mountain Home, AR
Overall
Musical Background: Guitar player, been in gigging bands though not currently. 15 years experience
Music Style: Post rock, noise, ambient, doom, hardcore, many more
Overall: Well, I've had this for right at a week now. I cannot even begin to explain just how versatile this delay is. If you're on a budget, it could even do chorus and reverb in a pinch (not the best chorus or reverb, but decent), but what this thing excells at is out of this world unique delay sounds. It can do all your standard delays, and it can do them very well for a digital reproduction of them. The only one that I'm not completely satisfied with is the tape delay mode. Its decent for sure, but nowhere near as good as a stand alone tape delah repro. The rest of them, well I would challenge anyone to tell the difference between the dd500 and what theyre trying to emulate. A very seasoned pro maybe able to, but your average dude I'm the crowd wouldn't be able to tell the difference for sure. The value here is truly unparalleled. What you're getting is the highest fidelity delay on the market, and a delay that is capable of almost anything you could possibly want and a whole lot that you never even realized you wanted, lol. This unit has a few delays that are even unique to boss that you wouldn't find in another brand. The tera echo, shimmer, and sfx modes are delays that you would spend well over 300 dollars for on their own if you wanted to get the same sound with stomp boxes. The many presets on here are amazing. I could probably just sit there all day switching between them and creating riffs to match each unique mode. You can also create a near endless amount of your own patches as well, with extreme tweakability on nearly every parameter. If you're the type that just wants to plug and play though, Thats not a problem either, with nearly 200 presets that range from classic to insane, you can just jam away without having to bend down and tweak knobs, while using nearly the full range of this unit. I have never been more satisfied with a gear purchase than I am with this. I'm not usually a fan of digital effects or multi effects units at all, because the quality suffers with the versatility. Most of them do a lot of things but none of them well. This thing does a lot of things and all of them well. Very well even. I am sure that I will still be experimenting and finding new sounds for years to come with this. What else can you pay 300 dollars for and get that many hours of joy from?! You get the standard delays we all know and love, and easy accessibility also, to make this a gigging machine. Once you get home to your bedroom or studio, it doubles as the ultimate experimental oddity of a pedal. I would buy this over and over again, though I'm sure it'll last as its built like a tank. So, if you're looking for a versatile delay, or you're unfamiliar with delay and dont know what you like, don't hesitate to buy this pedal. I couldn't see anyone regretting it.

When you call, mention priority code 20N-TFTS. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976