When you call, mention priority code 1601-N8Q3

Rating and Reviews: Boss CS-3 Sustainer Pedal

Control noise and feedback, smooth out string and pickup response, boost too-low signals or even out too-hot ones -- all with the Boss CS-3 compressor pedal.

"The catalyst of my sound" submitted August 8, 2013

By Vanessa P in Sedona, AZ
Overall
Musical Background: I've been playing a long time - don't ask!
Music Style: My style ranges from Classical to Blues, with heavy doses of Jazz and Progressive Rock.
Sound: It has no sound of its own, it just brings out your guitar's tone in a simple, effective manner. Feature: The Sustainer aspect of this pedal performs amazingly well for the price range. At higher settings, though, you may need a noise gate at the end of your effects chain. Ease of Use: It's a Boss Pedal. Great quality ... easy as pie. Quality: Absolutely made well. I've had mine for many years and it still holds out like a tank. Value: It's very much worth its price. You could spend tons more on a boutique item, but you'll hear very little difference. Manufacturer Support: Never had to use Manufacturer Support. The Wow Factor: At the front of my effects chain, this thing tames the peaks while delivering smooth, amazing tone. Overall: Let's face facts - your sound is incomplete without compression somewhere in the mix. You could spend anywhere from a few hundred dollars to a several thousand dollars on rack gear and great effects, but if there's no compression in there it's like a new tire with a pin-hole leak in it. Your sound isn't airtight.This Boss pedal gives you that element in a simple, affordable package and brings it all together like the salt in your stew. And it does so amazingly well. I have two other rack compressors, but this pedal gives me a much greater mobility and versatility without compromising my sound.It really shines when you run it into your amp clean, with no other effects engaged. Just your naked guitar, neither too loud nor too soft.Beautiful!

"Started to hate it, but love it instead." submitted September 21, 2014

By David D in Lakeland, FL
Musical Background: Beginning guitarist
Music Style: Early 60's rock & roll, rock, blues
Overall: I'm a novice guitar player. After watching YouTube reviews on the Boss CS-3, I decided to give one a try. It certainly wasn't love at first sight. The sound coming from my tube amp after I plugged the CS-3 in for the first time was a BIG change that took a while to get used to. The highs and lows coming from my amp were noticeably compressed, but my wildly erratic picking dynamics suddenly became more controlled as well. YouTube reviews suggest that this compressor is rather heavy-handed, but that's exactly what I needed at this juncture.Give one a try. I think you'll see why a compressor appears on the pedal boards of many, if not most, current professional guitarists. My 4.5-star rating is based solely on the fact that I've never used another compressor, so I have nothing to compare it to. Overall, I'm very satisfied with my CS-3.

"Buy this pedal and improve your sound instantly" submitted January 3, 2011

Musical Background: active mad scientist
Music Style: Classical Jazz Death Metal
Sound: This is exactly what I was looking for.It performs well and adds the sonic flavor that I was looking for.Much better htan my Dunlop Feature: Sustainnnnnnnnnnnnnn Ease of Use: twist a knob and get immediate response Quality: built like a tank Value: The price is spot on Manufacturer Support: I.ve never had o deal with Boss/Roland directly.They have a lot of info on their site The Wow Factor: It's the first pedal in my line up and the first one I step on Overall: It does what it does very well.No need to replace it

"Boomshakalaka" submitted December 11, 2008

Overall
Sound: Sounds awesome when you get the pefect sound you want. Feature: You can get lots of sounds from smooth dynamics to a killer boost. Quality: Built Like A Tank Overall: This peddal is overall great for what I use It for. If I had to By it again, I would.

"If you want the best sound for a cheap price, get it." submitted May 25, 2009

Overall
Musical Background: just a player.
Music Style: Metal
Sound: it gives a great feel when your playing. I play rock/metal and I heard Synyster used it, so i tried it at guitar center, and it's just what I've been looking for Feature: i just tried it out. Ease of Use: it's perfect, and anyone who wants a shreddin' hard rock sound should get one. Quality: get a Marshall amp to go with it. Value: it's under priced, it's too awesome to bee $90.00 Manufacturer Support: I have other BOSS products, but this is my favorite. The Wow Factor: It would be better in black, dark blue, or red. Overall: I'm gonna use it, marry it, do it, and honestly die with it. [HAHA]

When you call, mention priority code 1601-N8Q3. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976