When you call, mention priority code 12G2-SH0V

Rating and Reviews: Boss BR-800 Recorder

With 8 playback tracks plus an additional stereo track for the onboard rhythm machine, the Boss BR-800 digital recorder encourages you to think big.

Boss BR-800 Recorder Customer Review submitted February 5, 2011

By a customer from nycap.rr.com
Musical Background: A guy with his guitar
Sound: My last experience with a multi-track recorder was a four track tape recorder from many years ago. The sound was awful and it had a lot of limitations. The BR-800 sounds simply amazing. Feature: The BR-800 comes with a power adapter, a USB cable and a DVD with software including Sonar, a WAV converter and a rhythm editor. I play the guitar and with the BR-800 I feel like I can express my potential. It's almost like having a band in a box. I really like the wheel to select the various options although it takes a bit to get used to it and I definitely like the touch sensors (no clicking noises). Ease of Use: I was impressed with how easy it was to start recording. The first few days I just toyed with it and managed to record a song using all the tracks with barely a glance to the manual. Then I started studying the manual as well and found it well written although lacking on certain issues (like mixing and mastering). Quality: The BR-800 seems definitely well put together but I am not sure how well it would handle the "on the road" treatment. For one thing, it's extremely light (which is obviously a plus as far as portability is concerned) but be careful not to trip in any of the cables or the whole recorder is going to fly off the desk. In my case, I don't really plan to use this much out of the house so no big deal. The other thing is that the top part of the case has a really nice finish to it but shows all the fingerprints and really attracts quite a bit of dust (and with touch sensors there will be plenty of fingerprints). Value: I did quite a bit of research before purchasing the BR-800. I considered older used Boss products and new similar ones (Zoom, etc.). For my kind of situation this seemed like the best value. Now, after 40 some days, I can say that I am totally satisfied with sound and quality. Manufacturer Support: I just called support for a question about a problem with the SD card. The response of the very laid back person (way too laid back in my opinion) was pretty much "dude, the SD card is your problem because it's media so go buy another one". Not really what you would expect from a company after you spend several hundred dollars on their product. Hopefully, they are better when it comes to actual technical support. The Wow Factor: As I said before, it's a band in a box. I wish stuff like this was around 20 years ago. Overall: I will keep this around for as long as it lasts. I am really having a blast!

"Great recorder. Easy to use, and lots of effects." submitted December 12, 2011

By a customer from att.net
Musical Background: 20 yrs
Music Style: Rock, metal
Sound: This recorder is great.It is easy to use and records quite well.I use it to record live practices and it sounds great. Feature: Easy record function is great. With the push of a button you can start recording. Just follow the instrustions and you are on your way! Ease of Use: If you read the manual, setting it up for use through your computer is a snap. It comes with Cakewalk Sonar and getting the two to funtion together is also a snap. Quality: It seems to be made rather well. All sliders and buttons work great. It is however very light weight. Seems as though it would break rather easily. But since it hasn't, I am quite surprised. Value: Well woth the money. It has tons of guitar bass and vocal affects as well as being a top notch recorder. Manufacturer Support: I have not dealt with support because I hsve hsd no reason too.....yet! The Wow Factor: Its just a cool gadget! Overall: I expect to use it a long time. Thats why I bought it. And yes if it were stolen I would replace it. Couldn't imagine having to write songs without it.
25 of 26 people (96.15%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"BR 800. Great unit" submitted July 16, 2013

By David H in Melbourne, FL
Overall
Musical Background: Guitar & Dobro. I have been playing non professionally since 1975.
Music Style: Rock, Country, Bluegrass and Blues
Overall: I purchased a BR 800 a few days ago. ZZOUNDS did a great job on processing and shipping. The BR 800 is amazing. It is user friendly and has an immense amount of features. I now have a home studio that is so easy to use on the go as well. I believe I will enjoy it for years to come.

"If you are looking for something that is affordable, will make your music sound amazing, will record, play, edit, plus so much m" submitted August 1, 2011

Musical Background: My Husband-Active Musician & Recording
Music Style: Gospel and Country
Sound: I bought this item for my husband and he is amazed how a little product could have the sound that it does. The Boss BR-800 has exceeded his expectations. He teaches children guitar lessons and they play in churches and the Boss BR-800 has all the capabilities to record their music and then they can take the Boss BR-800 with them when they perform and it allows them to have music plus what each one of the children play. The Boss BR-800 is great and I am so proud that I was able to purchase the product thru ZZ Sounds payment plan. Thank You! Feature: The Boss BR-800 came with a 2GB card which holds alot of music and makes it so easy to record what you need. It also comes with a USB cord which is made to only fit the Boss BR-800 which is great. With the USB cord it allows you to download all of the recorded music and put it on your computer. Ease of Use: The Boss BR-800 is amazing with the way that it sounds when you playback what you have recorded. The sounds is so clear and sounds just like you were in a big recording studio. The manual was easy to read and it walked you thru each step to take in recording the music. The Boss BR-800 is just easy to use as long as you read your manual before trying to operate the product. Quality: Boss has always made a great product and when I purchased this for my husband I knew that I was getting a great product. The Boss BR-800 has meet our expectations (really went beyond our expectations) and my husband has been able to record the music that he needs when he and the children he teaches goes out to perform in churches. This is a great product and Thank You ZZ Sounds for allowing me to use the payment plan. Value: The Boss BR-800 is worth every penny. My husband did alot of research on the products that he needed and The Boss was the one that did everything that he needed for his music. The Wow Factor: This Boss BR-800 is compact, but yet it has the power and prestige of any higher priced product on the market. If any is looking for a product that will give you great performance, amazing sound, and will do just about everything that you need to make a professional sounding CD or any type of music that you want to use anywhere. It's great!!! Overall: The Boss BR-800 is all that my husband needs. If he needed another product it would be a Boss. The Boss BR-800 is compact in size, but it is very powerful. It will meet anyone expectations, so check it out and enjoy!
11 of 13 people (84.62%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"NOT DISAPOINTED!!!!!!" submitted August 17, 2010

Musical Background: bedroom musician
Music Style: Metal
Sound: This unit sounds great right out of the box . many choices of effects amps etc... cosm sounds great. as do the drums but wish i could do more with them. i mostly play metal and the hi gain amp sounds official.combine that with a drum arrangement that you add the intro fills and ending to(but is pretty limited) add a bass line using your guitar if you dont have a bass guitar around and you can be a one man army. playing, recording, editing , mixing and mastering then use your computer to convert to wav. file and burn cd Feature: as im sure youve read the item description this unit has lots of features.i must say i love the touch buttons . bigger brighter screen is a plus . easy enough menu interface drum selection and editing kinda limited which is why i gave it a 9 but is good enough and sound great plus comes with cool software thats also a plus Ease of Use: although it is easy enough to use normally ,e z rec , or song sketch , you may need to keep manual close by for other stuff. but thats not a bad thing .it does alot! i was a newbie to the recording process and now im making awesome music that sounds like it was recorded in a studio with expensive equipment Quality: i think boss makes quality stuff and this is br 800 is no different Value: i believe you get what you pay for and this purchase was well worth it in my opinion Manufacturer Support: i have had no issues yet ,but i know roland/boss.us have great customer support The Wow Factor: pretty slick looking Overall: overall an awesome unit i would recommend to anyone looking for a multi-track unit
19 of 23 people (82.61%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"This has a little bit of everything, but for live recording not the best" submitted August 18, 2010

Music Style: Rock,R&B
Sound: It Depends on your instruments and chords but the sound qualities good. I know it would sound so much clearer if Boss would just let the recorder record in WAV format instead of the HIFI MT thing. You can only use WAV format in sketch mode which I don't like. If BOSS made an updated firmware that would let you choose between HIFI or WAVE format for the main recording section that would be be awesome! Feature: Everything in effects you need: guitar effects (GT-10). Bass simulator, Vocal effects (ve-20), acoustic simulator Recording 4 at one time is better than just 2, but 8 is great Ease of Use: Very easy to use with EZ recording mode. Gread manual too Quality: Beautiful but sometimes i feel like I have to be as gentle as if im holding a baby its so light Value: To me it should be like 349.99(because only 4 channels recording)or 399.99 like the zoom. Manufacturer Support: Boss is great with Support on their website The Wow Factor: I really like the touch sensitive buttons and large screen Overall: I thinks its great for recording demos, and for if you don't have any effect processors or other people to record with. As for recording live music of a full band and singers its not that good. Boss needs to change the Boss(Hifi) format to uncompressed Wav recording like the Zoom to get the best clear sound. Maybe if Boss would make a downloadable "update" that allows you to use the "sketch book" wave format for regular recording with ALL 4 CHANNELS instead of 2 it would be better. But this is a Good recorder
17 of 21 people (80.95%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Great little machine that produces high quality projects" submitted January 9, 2014

By Cynthia Bailey in Advance, NC
Overall
Musical Background: Been playing bass for 20 years and currently in a band called Doug Clark's Hotnuts
Music Style: Rock funk, r&b, beach
Overall: Love my boss br800 multitrack digital recorder!!! Very user friendly!!!

When you call, mention priority code 12G2-SH0V. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976