When you call, mention priority code 174R-P5NR

Rating and Reviews: Boss BD-2 Blues Driver

Warm up your distortion tone with this renowned pedal. The BD-2 Blues Driver offers classic blues tones and simulates the response of a tube amp.

"The only Boss drive pedal that matters." submitted June 3, 2007

Musical Background: Songwriter/bar band member
Music Style: Beatles for songwriting and classic rock for the bar band.
Sound: I have tried other Boss overdrive/distortion pedals without coming away with the ooh ah factor tied to them...that is until now. All of you Fender Twin reverb amp owners take notice. This pedal will give your Twin the guts you never thought it had or could have without sounding pretentious. I have loved my Fender Twin from the day I bought it. But something was always lacking when it came to going crunch time. Granted I know Twins were not built at the time for harsher edgier types of music, But with the power and tone behind this amp I figured something has to sound good and natural without feeling too mismatched. For the longest time my Ibanez tube screamers seemed like the only pedals that gave my Twin any personality until now. The Blues Driver goes the extra mile where my Tube screamer only teased. Dont be fooled by the name of the pedal, it really does rock with my Twin volume at 3 and the pedal level at 9:00, tone at 11:00, and gain all the way up! Feature: Boss has always had rugged pedals. The name of this one doesnt do it justice. Ease of Use: The full gain sound is what sold me. I didnt think the lighter gain sounds were easy to dial in as the Tube screamer. Quality: I have never had a bad experience with a Boss product. Value: I think if the price was at about 59 bucks, I think they would be flying off the shelves. 79 bucks is abit too pricey for an overdrive pedal. Manufacturer Support: n/a The Wow Factor: The sound is what sells this pedal. My Twin thanks Boss. But change the name of the pedal and lower the price a couple bucks. Overall: This pedal will now be the major stomp box for my recordings as well as on stage.

"Great Pedal for tubes." submitted February 5, 2005

Music Style: Rock, Metal, Blues
Sound: This really boosts the tone for tube amps and has superb distortion. Feature: The product didn't include any accessories, but it didn't need it. It has everything you need and nothing you don't. Quality: Built like a piece of armor. Value: A great price for a very useful and I'm sure it'll last me very long. Manufacturer Support: Wouldn't know, but i'm assuming its good. The Wow Factor: Makes you sound great. Overall: Overall, a great weapon in the arsenal.

"a blues guy's blues driver review" submitted August 15, 2003

Music Style: classic rock/ blues
Sound: well, the bd-2 is a must for blues players like me. it makes your licks stand out clear. however, the blues driver doesn't sound that rich when doing chords. Feature: one thing, you can go from overdriven to crunch to clean with your guitar volume. Quality: i got mine six years ago. not a single problem The Wow Factor: this is my most important stomp box

"Very Unique Pedal" submitted January 11, 2005

Overall
Music Style: classic rock, rock, blues
Sound: this pedal makes my small 15w amp gain sustain and makes it range greatly in sound Feature: simple knobs, but thats all you need to get a good tone out of the pedal Quality: very well built, metal casing makes this effect last a long time. Value: very worth while investment in my arsenal. I would be willing to pay about $80 for this product. Manufacturer Support: wouldn't know, never had to deal with them, but i'm sure its good. The Wow Factor: reproduces a very smooth and hypnotizing sound for blues playing. Overall: Very easily controlled and very durable pedal.

"High quality product. Great for any level guitarist." submitted December 30, 2004

Overall
Sound: A high quality crunchy sound. Gives you that great "AC/DC style" blues rocky sound. Feature: Didn't come with necesarry cords to use it. Quality: It's a Boss, what else do I have to say? Value: Worth it! The Wow Factor: Looks great! That nice blue and black combo looks good. Overall: I will be satisfied with the pedal untill it breaks. Which will most likely be a very long time from now.

"An ok driver pedal at an ok price" submitted June 12, 2005

Musical Background: erious hobbyist
Music Style: Blues and 60-70's rock
Sound: The sound is good with this pedal. Takes a bit of adjusting to get a sound you might like. I fould that the level pot to be touchy. It seems to be either all on or basicly all off. Feature: It has the usual features found BOSS pedals. Quality: Made like a tank. Hard to beleive that one could ever damage it. Value: Good value for the price Manufacturer Support: Never had to deal with support. I've heard that the BOSS support sucks Overall: With the touchy level pot I have I have stopped using it in my setup and have switched to Digi-Tech 'Bad Monkey.' I will keep this as a backup. I hope to do the Keeley upgrades. I probably would not replace it as I think that the tone of the Digi-Tech is cleaner.

Boss BD-2 Blues Driver Customer Review submitted March 23, 2006

Sound: The true potential of this pedal can only be achieved by fine tuning the settings. It can add a very pleasant warmth to a tube amp sound but tends to get harsh if the setting are set too high. Time spent experimenting with the settings is worthwhile.

"Great pedal" submitted March 27, 2005

Overall
Sound: It sounds great. My first pedal, and it's still in the line up. Feature: The basic 3 knobs. But it provides tons of versatality. Quality: Sturdy as hell. It's a Boss. Value: Good price as well. Overall: This is a bad ass pedal for all types of guitar styles. Crank the gain and get a nice distortion. Turn it down for a resemblence of SRV's sound. Then just tweak the tone knob. Oh!, and battery life is sufficient too. You almost dont need an adapter. If you are interested in this thing, just buy it.

When you call, mention priority code 174R-P5NR. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976