When you call, mention priority code 20H-113P

Rating and Reviews: Bose L1 Model II with B2

Modernize your PA with the Bose L1 Model II. With a 24-speaker line array plus a B2 bass module, this innovative portable PA covers audiences of up to 500.

"Worth every penny!" submitted June 7, 2013

By Tommy J in Houston, TX
Musical Background: 16 years in radio, 10 years DJ/KJ, 2 years rock singer
Music Style: Rock, Country, some hip-hop
Overall: I have many years in broadcasting, specifically radio and audio production. I am retired now and DJ/KJ on the weekends, and also sing in a classic rock band. I have been through *many* systems over the years, from Klipsch to EV, but like someone mentioned in another review, I too am scrambling to sell everything. The Bose L1 Model II system I bought has the T1 unit, and a B2 subwoofer. I use it twice a week for karaoke, once a month for weddings and parties, and twice a month for my band. The sound fills every corner of the room, even when playing outside it has the longest "throw" of anything I have used short of a flying array. The B2 bass module is pretty potent for its size, it works great for small venues, but if you want chest pounding bass for hip-hop, look for a powered 18" from one of the major manufacturers. The T1 mixer may be small, but Bose packed some good stuff in the box! Compression, EQ, modeling, USB sound, and more. I have been sailing with my L1 for several months now, and consider it to be one of the best purchases ever, and I will be adding a second L1 very soon. If you are on the fence about the investment on this system, I have two words of advice to give you... DO IT!

"Excellent Product, Huge sound" submitted October 14, 2013

By Brandon J in Kingsford, MI
Overall
Musical Background: Drummer in various rock bands for 18 years, Guitar in acoustic shows for 5 years, Mobile/House DJ 3 years, Drum instructor 15yrs
Music Style: Rock, Pop, Blues, Hip-hop, Electronic, Dubstep, House
Overall: I Have two of these towers now. Both from ZZounds.com. All I can say is WOW! I was skeptical at first. But after trying them together, they are amazing. I use one for my acoustic show (3pc with guitar, bass, conga drum, vocals) and its overkill, but crystal clear and amazing sound. I also DJ for different events as well as a 500 person capacity club. It meets all my needs other than I think I will add an extra B2 module or two for the club. Its plenty loud for the areas I play, however in a full club of that size the bass end gets soaked up and I'm playing mostly dance/club songs that require strong bass. I've used it with my rock band and it is great. We got rid of the monitors, other than our drummer who uses in-ear monitors, and thats just because he wants the personal mix. Again, it would be nice to have the extra sub when playing the big club, but for your midsized bars, these two systems are quite enough for a rock band. My only critique is no XLR inputs. I'd like to have the option to use XLR instead of 1/4" but no luck. overall, this is an amazing product. Its pricey, but for anything else out there that offers what these towers offer, its very reasonably priced. No more 150# speakers to carry!!

"Very impressive, I want another tower!!" submitted January 5, 2013

By Bruce B in Fort Collins, CO
Musical Background: Audio Professional and avid musician for 41 years
Music Style: All
Overall: After reading all the hoopla about the Bose L1 Model II with the new B2 bass module, I finally broke down and decided to give one a try(without the Tone Match Engine). I have never been too impressed with the specs on Bose speakers; in the past 35 years of playing music professionally, running sound and as a recording studio engineer, I have only used Bose as a "cheap" monitor reference while mastering in the studio. Bose are the speakers that I turn on to see how a master might sound in someone's car... The L1 series II is really something that you need to actually hear to appriciate! I set up one tower in my recording studio's 25x40' acustically dead room, cranked up some music that had good punchy bass and drums and was amazed! This system is loud, punchy and ultra clear. Since the dead room is used as a band rehersal space as well, I decided to use the L1 system as a single monitoring system for the three bands that use the space to practice for a couple weeks to see what the musicians thought about the system's performance. The bands are classic rock, world beat and Americana. To make a long story short: everyone is now scrambling to sell the PA systems that they currently have to purchase L1 series II systems.....That says a lot....These folks are serious musicians and many of them professionals. The main comments from the musicians was how clear the mix was, how smooth the highs were and the fact that no matter where they were in the room, the sound was the same. One comment to note from the rock drummer(and drum shop owner): "I can't believe the kick drum sound that is comming from that little system!" The new B2 bass module is impressive however, outside or larger (200+) indoor venues and / or needing to reset someone's pace maker via kick drum may require extra subwoofers in the rock world. FYI: the L1 tower can get loud enough to need to Mic. the drums in order for them to "keep up". Some folks seem to think that the L1 array system is too expensive for what it is. Personally, given the 7' tower throwing sound from the floor up and the fact that the array really does throw sound nearly 180 degrees to the sides, I would think that it would cost more to stack and splay several speaker cabinets to cover the same acoustic space(not to mention the size difference;-) Down side(not much to say here): The input is TRS only. I would have hope for a XLR/TRS combo jack to avoid looking around for XLR to TRS adapters to plug in. The fact the Bose does not use compression drivers or another from of tweeter in their design does mean that the highs(above ~12.5k) roll off pretty fast. However, I found that there is plenty is "sizzle" on the vocals and cymbals with a bit of EQ tweaking not to care much about the highs not keeping up (spec wise) with other live speaker systems out there. The L1 / B2 system that I received needed to have a firmware upgrade in order to take advantage of the B2's bass response switch. The upgrade requires the Tone Match engine to "talk" to the the power base. I guess I'm lucky that there was a local music store that happened to have one that I could use to upgrade with. I plan to purchase one more L1 series II with the B2 module in the near future to use in a stereo live rig. I have not heard anything out there in the same price range that can compete with these arrays.
35 of 37 people (94.59%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Great System" submitted November 15, 2012

By Ron H in Woodbridge, VA
Musical Background: DJ
Music Style: All genres of music
Overall: This is my second L1 system, I had two L1s with 8 B1s and two packlite amps back in 2008 and it was really a great system but I had too many B-1s (8) to get the bass response I needed for my mobile DJ needs. Now with the B2 bass module I can get the sound I want with four bass modules and two L1s and two packlite amps. The sound is amazing and I always get compliments during each show I perform at. Everyone is just amazed at how it sounds and they see the name Bose and they say, "no wonder, its Bose". Others say, "I have never seen a Bose setup like this before". This is an expensive system so be prepared to fork out a lot of money but if you like Bose as I do then the price doesn't matter.
18 of 19 people (94.74%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Great System" submitted October 24, 2012

By a customer from hotmail.com in Woodbridge, VA
Musical Background: DJ, 30 years
Music Style: Variety
Overall: I am a previous owner of a L-I model I and model II systems. This setup with two B2s and a packlight amp sounds excellent if you need extra low end. The B2 is a huge improvement over the B1 bass module. Some people may complain that portability is lost because the cabinet is significantly larger and heavier but I say not! The average person can carry one in each hand during setup and tear down. I've always been a Bose fan so to me this is an investment and definitely money well spent!!
15 of 16 people (93.75%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Wow!" submitted December 11, 2014

By Victoria B in Raleigh, NC
Overall
Musical Background: Professional, full time singer. I also play piano and bass guitar. Been traveling for 25 years.
Music Style: Gospel
Overall: I love this product! I travel and sing full time so I needed something compact with a big sound. That totally describes this product! It fits in my small car and puts out a sound you wouldn't believe. I'm a female, and sometimes I can't carry heavy equipment. I have no problem with this. It's lightweight and easy to fill up. It filled up a 500 seater auditorium WITH my band plugged in my board at only half volume. Amazing! I highly recommend it!

"5-piece Bluegrass band" submitted April 20, 2014

Overall
Musical Background: Guitar & mandolin in Bluegrass, country & rock bands for 30+ years
Overall: i spent a lot of time reading the Bose blogs before buying. My objectives were better sound, less gear and quicker set-up times. The sound quality is awesome, beyond my expectations!

"Like a Harley" submitted September 5, 2016

By Shawn L in Brooksville, FL
Musical Background: Karaoke jockey
Music Style: All
Overall: What I mean by the title is that this system is excellent in sound and quality. But, for the price you can get better sounding speakers such as the QSCs. And after buying these I found that this is a heavy set up after all. Quick set up, but heavy.Be sure to get the SKB hard cases to protect this exspensive system.

When you call, mention priority code 20H-113P. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976