When you call, mention priority code 16X6-FKF0

Rating and Reviews: Blackstar HT Studio20 Amp

The Blackstar HT Studio 20 Combo is a great, highly portable amp. With 20 watts of tube tone, the Blackstar HT Studio 20 Combo is great live or in studio.

"Extremely Surprised" submitted February 17, 2014

By a customer from gmail.com in andover, MN
Overall
Musical Background: Professional working musician...
Music Style: Blues, Blues rock, whatever you wanna call it
Sound: With a little tweaking its a wide range of solid british tones from crisp and stingy to warm and milky to rip your head off gains. Make sure you bring it into club if possible and tweak it there, this amp is alot different with space, dont be afraid to try different speakers, the stock one is more than good but i made that change and its smokin now. Oh did I say touch sensitive yet...man! It would be good if the eq was a little more effective on the treble side, im gonna put an eq in the loop..problem solved! Feature: It is what it is, the controls are basic...the isf is cool in how it handles the midrange. Can't wait to try the direct out into the daw, and board. Ease of Use: Plug in,fiddle around a bit and your set...its that easy... Quality: For an amp in this price range I'm more than happy with the quality, It was a bit disappointing to see sub-micro components in there and hopefully that will not lead to issues with repairing the unit when time but this is a below 1000.00 range amp, a turret board model would be 4 times the price. Value: For the class that this amp is in, if your looking for a tight british flavor...this is the best choice in my opinion, its not a marshall, its not a vox, they have created their own thing i believe and made it affordable. Manufacturer Support: Havent had to use it yet...hopefully it will be a long time before i do. I have seen them post on boards around the net though so I believe that if you need help they would actually answer you...unlike some others out there. The Wow Factor: Once again coming from a fender guy, live this thing smokes my vintage gear...and it doesn't take 7 pedals to do it. This is a volume knob amp that actually works, you can make good music with anything but these guys are giving you a tool you can create with instead of doing the same thing again. Overall: I knew that when a couple of guys from marshall decided that it was time to do something worth buying I had to check it and I'm glad I did!!! I've owned my HT20 for about 36 hours now and for 30 of them I was extremely on the fence. I gig 2-3 times a week and and I got it to the club tonite I was so worried it almost made me sick...I'm a fender guy, (65 bandmaster, 68 bassman, 67 super reverb, peavey delta blues) those are my usual amps. When I got this amp setup and hit the first chord clean i was dumbfounded, It was crisp and not farty like my fenders, I could actually here the articulation in the cords aside from the rhythm section and in a small club thats not easy. People have reviewed that this amp can get a decent blues tone, IT CAN! and then some... I ran a tele strat with duncan humbuckers(three strat size) an SG Classic with p-90 in the neck and super distortion in the bridge and a les paul, and strat through it tonite. They all ripped in their own way...with just a boost to hit the frontend i was able to have cleans gritty texas( johnny winter) all the way to hard rock tones. I couldnt be happier...and the best part is the amp snobs that always show at the gigs really dug it too.

"One power tube and one preamp tube is often all you need!" submitted November 26, 2013

By Daniel Barocio in Home town Hollywood , CA
Overall
Musical Background: Ive been playing for 24 years synths and guitars. Im a home player with professional potential.
Music Style: Industrial, Blues, electronic/New wave, Ambient, Tribal, minimal, Christian, Gothic, pop,
Overall: Surpassingly good blues tones, from Hendrix to Fender type of Cleans. Coupled with a Mustang Floor its a Fender Machine! Good Marshall tones as well especially with a Amp Modeler like the one I mentioned. ON its own it shines on,… bright and sparkly as well when you want it to be,..and dark heavy tones as well. The ISF is a cool feature. I personally would have made the effect more dramatic when turning. You often have to turn it all the way to hear the difference. The FX loop works quite different than other amps so that why I dropped a point for ease of use. You have to dummy the front end to go straight through the fx loop. That is not written in the manuel that Ive seen. I do notice a strange vibration at High levels but you can work it out with the bass controls. That may be a common occurrence sync I own 4 tube amps and the all have there shaky moments at high levels cause tubes are so powerful! By my fifth amp Im thinking a 5 watt with a 12 inch speaker could be the way to go for cranking it indoors. This 20 tube watts and over is like a sonic canon so mid levels is more appropriate for a small house or room. But its nice to have the extra power if your going to need it in the future. I think tube amps are something special that many new players under estimate since its a old tech. I think they are far superior to solid state. This is a A+ amp!

"Blackstar HT 20" submitted September 9, 2012

By Neill B in Huntington Brach, CA
Musical Background: 24 years. Gibson les Paul's. Marshall amps. Professionally
Music Style: Punk Rock&Roll
Overall: Not too much to say, but I love this amp! Everything about it! Great at bedroom volume and great at a gig. It also loves little up-grades. From a 25w greenback to G t75 Celestion, and adapts well to new tubes. Or straight outta the this little lady screams!!!

"A future classic..." submitted January 31, 2011

Overall
Sound: This amp truly does run the gambit, from sparkling clean , To scooped mid metal thunder and everything in between. Responds very well to dynamics and volume controls... Feature: With the ISF feature, EQ settings, effects loop, and reverb this amp has everything I was looking for in a small tube amp. The effects loop is great with switchable level controls (not often found on an amp in this price range). The ISF really works to get that mesa to marshall range on higher gain at lower gain I would say it has more of a Fender to Marshall range, oddly its dramatic and subtle at the same time... I wonder how they did it. Ease of Use: Controls are easy, just let your ears decide. Quality: The look of this amp is awesome. thought it was a little plain until I saw it in person. Its a real stunner. Great tolex, and feels very sturdy. Value: Can't find more features on a tube amp in this range.(I looked) Manufacturer Support: Haven't had to deal with them... Ill give them the benefit of the doubt... The Wow Factor: A marvel of old meets new tech, in a beautiful package. Overall: If your looking for an amp that preforms in a studio, practice, or small venue situation with professional features, versatile sound, and drop dead sexy looks... Just buy it.
16 of 17 people (94.12%) found this review helpful. Did you?

When you call, mention priority code 16X6-FKF0. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976