When you call, mention priority code 20W-XG9C

Rating and Reviews: Blackstar HT Stage60 Amp

Powered by EL34 power tubes, this crunchy 60-watt combo amp gives you three channels with independent EQ and Blackstar's awesome Infinite Shape control.

"Great Combo Amp" submitted November 20, 2013

By Ben F in Providence, RI
Overall
Musical Background: 14 years playing guitar; 10 years as a gigging musician & composer
Music Style: Metal
Overall: I was in the market for a two speaker combo amp, either tube or hybrid. I play metal but I am sick of hauling around half stacks. I've never played an arena in my life, so there is really no need for lugging that much stuff around. I saw that ZZounds had a refurbed model of the Blackstar HT-60. After some research and reading reviews, I figured it would be a good investment, especially with the hundred bucks off from being a refurb. I received the amp in INCREDIBLY good condition. I couldn't even believe that it had so much money taken off of it for a unit that was in such pristine condition. I noticed a small little ding on the very back of the amp, but that was it. The EQ is marvelously powerful. Even with the bass cranked all the way up, it never gets muddy or swamped out. The ISF knob is a very unique feature, and while its probably not as powerful as Blackstar would like you to think, it adds a unique dynamic to the EQ. Built in reverb is OK. The range in which it sounds "good" is very limited, but the option of having a Light / Dark reverb switch on the back is nice. The cleans sound absolutely breath taking, and the Voice switch for each channel really changes up the tone dramatically. Very nice feature to have. My only issue with OD2 is there is a lot of hiss / feedback, even at mild gain / volume levels. Overall, I will probably not need another combo amp as long as I'm a musician. This is a purchase that will (hopefully) last me a life time. Some have said they recommend changing out the tubes. I don't think its necessary, but that is just me. If anything, I would probably get a noise suppressor for the OD2 channel, and maybe an outboard reverb / delay / chorus to beef up the cleans, but THAT IS IT. The distortion on this unit is incredible, and there is a huge, huge dynamic range you can capture on this amp. I would highly recommend it for blues, rock, jazz, and metal musicians. Metal artists might get bugged by the hissy OD2 channel, but the Clean / OD1 channels will leave blues / rock / jazz musicians jaws on the floor. Really superb sounds come out of this amp. I would highly recommend it. Looking forward to more gigs with it! DID NOT USE MANUFACTURER SUPPORT. WOULD LOVE TO HAVE AN "N/A" OPTION FOR THAT RATING SYSTEM. NOT EXACTLY FAIR THAT I HAVE TO RATE IT.

"All I'll ever need! It quite simply rules! " submitted September 25, 2015

By James B in Murfreesboro, TN
Overall
Musical Background: 20+ year stage and studio professional, vocalist and guitarist
Music Style: metal, classic rock, instrumental, progressive, alternative
Overall: Finally after years and thousands of dollars spent on multiple tube amp heads and speaker cabinet combinations, I have found my perfect all in one amplifier that covers all tonal spectrums, and doesn't have a weak channel or setting at all. Every dial adjustment, every voicing, for every channel actually changes your tone and oh boy what tones the HT Stage 60 can dial in, it's magnificent! The clean channel rings and sings like angels and has amazing headroom and clarity ala Fender Twin in one amp voice and then you can change the voicing to make it break up ala Vox AC30 with a push of a button, so it's an incredibly versatile and beautiful sounding clean channel and totally boutique quality. Now the goodness of the OD channels, OD 1 is classically voiced and has the vintage Marshall sound nailed to a tee, think Appetite for Destruction sounding crunch tones that are sparkling clear with perfect definition. The other voicing for OD 1 is fantastic as well and has a more modern/American tonality like an older pre rectifier era Mesa Boogie, but that's just the beginning because OD 2 is absolutely insane with it's ferocity and is now my favorite high gain tone EVER. I've been a 5150 Mark 1 advocate for almost 20 years, along with Boogies, Bogners, Carvins, Marshall, and most recently an EVH 5150iii user and I've taken my EVH 2x12 cab that pushed sound for the EVH head and have used the Blackstar's speaker output to push the cab in unison with the amp's Celestion speakers and have found my ultimate tone! Blackstar mean it with their tagline of "the sound in your head" because you will find it! The ISF tone stack shaping actually works and you can either go to the extreme left of the dial and get a Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier/Mark VI sound that just kills, and is where I have it, or to the extreme right for a spot on Marshall JCM800 tone, (a good portion of the Blackstar founders are former Marshall employees), that screams like a murder victim, or find what you like in between, and even a tiny adjustment changes things, this amp rules! It comes with a great 4 button footswitch that also controls the onboard reverb, that also works and performs amazingly well, so well in fact the only pedal I've ran into this amp so far is a Boss NS-2 to tame the savagery of OD 2, and I also don't have to crank the gain or channel volume to get "tear the universe in half" sustain and distortion, all one needs to do is push the master a toonce and let the warm gooey tubes sing, no BS digital, hissy, artificial sounding modeling, just a solid, satisfying, real, proper, tube amp! I LOVE this combo and I'm with these guys for the long haul! It's also very well constructed and has ingenious handles on the sides of the amp that really help in transporting, it's a 10!!!

"unless you want that $4000 boutique thing for bragging rights... YOU SHOULD BUY THIS AMP" submitted September 20, 2011

Music Style: rock, alternative
Sound: The sound is great, as a lot of people mentioned the Celestions that come with it aren't the best... I think replacing them with Vintage 30's will make this amp a 10 in the sound category though. Handles every guitar I plug into it with great results now though... but I love Vintage 30's. Then again, if it had Vintage 30's in it, it wouldn't be the price it is either. Feature: can get everything from crisp tele quacking cleans to humbucking shred tones with ease. every knob and switch actually DOES something on this amp. Ease of Use: Very easy to dial in gooey tube goodness... reminds me of a mix of Marshall and Boogie at 1/3 the price of the good ones. Took about five minutes to dial in each channel and get tones that made me want to write/record ideas. Didn't even read the manual, no need really. Plug in, set tone controls to 12 O'clock, turn up the master a bit, dial in some gain and start tweaking the tone controls. Beautiful results, can't wait to record with it. Quality: VERY sturdy. Definitely not a toy amp. Fit and finish are what I'd expect from Mesa. Heavy as hell, but still easier to transport than my Egnater Tourmaster and cab. Value: for this price?? hell yea, its a 10 in the value category. Manufacturer Support: I'll give this a 10, haven't had to deal with support and hope I never will. With a tube amp, if tubes go bad you replace them and bias it... The only other thing that might eventually go bad are pots and switches, but they all feel solid. Keep it away from dust and beer and I predict it'll be a long time before you need that support number. The Wow Factor: hard to define 'sex appeal' when you're talking about an amp... but its definitely got the vintage Marshall vibe going on. Love the look of it. Overall: Right now I've got four amps. A mid-60's Ampeg Geminii II (beautiful clean tones with a nice brown crunch when you crank it), mid-60's Fender Bandmaster (Fender tone, 'nuff said), Egnater Tourmaster 4100 (monster tone head) and now the Blackstar HT stage... If I can't get tone out of those four, I should just hang it up because I'd be deaf. If the Blackstar was stolen I'd replace it in a heartbeat... I expect to use this playing out quite a bit (maybe A/B with the Ampeg?). I did a lot of youtube research before I bought it, wanted to hear it from every player... mic'd and un-mic'd. Read and listened to every review I could find as well. No regrets on the purchase and I'd definitely recommend this amp for anyone who doesn't feel the need for the Marshall or Mesa stack to overpower the other guitarists/bassist on stage. This thing gets LOUD!
32 of 34 people (94.12%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"This is a awesome amp great tone! " submitted December 6, 2013

By tom nardini in hanover, PA
Overall
Musical Background: I play rhythm guitar and sing. I have been playing on and off for 20 years
Music Style: Rock, hard rock, metal, Christian rock, classic rock
Overall: I have owned this amp for about a week and have played through it for hours. The clean channel sounds great! Its like angels singing. The overdrive channels sound great too. They can go from mild distortion to heavy and everything in between. The reverb isn't is bad as other have said. Its fine if you don't have a reverb pedal yet. I like the fact its simple to get a good tone. Not to many features but has enough for me. It can vibrate the house and concrete floors but also sounds good turned down. I can't wait to gig with it and use it to record. For the price its perfect. It is heavy though. Oh and the cable that it comes with is a 20' planet waves circuit breaker cable which is also nice. It gets five stars!

"Blackstar, Built like a tank and ready to rock......" submitted January 11, 2011

Musical Background: Guitar Instructor
Music Style: Rock/Classical/Heavy Metal
Sound: If you're thinking of getting a Valvking, DON'T. This is what a modern amp should be. While it is made in Asia, it is well crafted and built like a tank. This thing weights over 60 lbs, it even has handles on the side, something i've neevr seen in a combo amp. It has a beutiful clean tone, rivaling a Fender and distortion channels that will make you toss out those nasty distortion pedals. The Reverb is very usefull and switchable. The speakers come with lower end celestions but they are perfeftly fine for this amp. I might switch mine out for Vintage 30's down the road but that's not very high on my priority list right now. If you want to play a wide variety of styles this is the amp for you. Forget that amp modelling crap and get the real deal! Feature: 4 Button Footwtich, Clean, OD1, OD2 and Reverb. The ISF feature allows you to dial in either an american or british tone. Also all of the channels have a voicing switch. This amp is very tweakable. Quality: Built like a Tank. You really get your money's worth with this amp! The Wow Factor: Very clean amp, doesn't feel cheap at all. Overall: This is really the best value in amps right now. If you want good tone at a non insane price this is really the best you're going to get.
13 of 14 people (92.86%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Extremely Happy" submitted December 1, 2013

By David s in las Vegas, NV
Overall
Musical Background: over 15 years. . personal recording and jamming at home and with friends. . guitar, bass, banjo, keyboard
Music Style: Rock, blues, country, reggae, metal. . Lil bit of everything
Overall: This is my first purchase and first Blackstar.. I was originaly going to go with a Marshall 40w tube but I played around and did some homework and I'm glad I got this. . Has very nice clean tones, Good range on the overdrives.. just so many options with this amp. Couldn't be happier

"Blackstar HT-60" submitted March 18, 2016

By Timothy Littke in East Pittsburgh, PA
Overall
Musical Background: 45 years I play anything with strings including keyboard and I sing
Music Style: Alternative Rock
Overall: I bought this in 2015, it came with a free stand and cord...this amp is an amazing piece of equipment. I have owned Musicman, Checkmate, Fender, Marshall, Mesa-Boogie, Accoustic, and Sunn amplification over the last 40 years and this one blows them all away...You need to get this amp if you want to have the best...if not then get something else

"Killer amp" submitted March 2, 2016

By Charles Mann in Wichita Falls, TX
Musical Background: Three years
Music Style: Metal / rock
Overall: I would like to say that I am impressed. The stage 60 is a very versatile amp with many different voicing. The power is intense.

"Blackstar HT60" submitted May 24, 2014

By Joe DeMaio jr in Bellport , NY
Musical Background: 40 year pro gigging guitarist
Music Style: Country, Rock, R&B, Dance, Pop,recording etc ...
Overall: Great cleans and killer crunch and hi gain channels. For the money you cant beat this amp..

"great amp just put better tubes in it." submitted July 1, 2015

By Fredric Vaughan in Edmonds, WA
Music Style: rock et al
Overall: After 40 years of playing as you can imagine i've played them all.. really all of them. the ht 60 is a really great price point amp. fpr a grand you get alot of flexibility. the clean channel is really great with it being able to be a fender twin and then a voc ac30.. the od channels take a moment to dial in. i am not a high gain player so i dial it back quite a bit. one thing i must add is the fact that the stock tubes are sovtek in the pre stage and ruby's in the power stage.. i lived with that set up for about 6 months until one of the pre tubes started ringing.. i had to punch the amp to shut it up.. like fonzy. i replaced the el34's with mullards and the 12ax and 12au with tung-sol's..totally different beast... it was an amazing difference. i am now very much in love with all aspects of this thing. with some minor adjustments its as good as anything out there. the 5 star sound rating is post tube replacement.i also own a ht5 and ht20.. the 5 is great!

"So Impressive" submitted March 5, 2014

By Sean A in Morgan Hill, CA
Overall
Musical Background: Ive been playing for 35 years and played in several cover and original bands. Studied recording and music theory
Music Style: Blues, classical, jazz, contemporary rock'nroll, classic rock and metal
Overall: I also own the Mesa Double Recto and the Peavy 6505. This amp has the ability to combine both of those sounds into one portable amp that carry a HUGE punch. The clean sound is amazing and the overdrive 2 is just flat out scary. I have received so many compliments on the tone and two friends are already convinced they need this. Great clean tone for country and change the voice and you have old school Chuck Berry. The two overdrives.... well too much to write about those. Its a must for all guitariests

"Blackstar HT-Stage-60 Guitar Combo Amp " submitted March 30, 2016

By DARE T in dixon, CA
Musical Background: 25 yrs guitar player, play in bands regionally
Music Style: rock, blues, acoustic Americana
Overall: Excellent sounding amp Purchased for getting a heavier sound without the use of OD or distortion pedals, as my Marshall DSL40 was not cutting it and the Marshall JVM210C is out of my price point. 3 channels provide a great range of options to produce tones for any style, the voice switches are awesome! Takes pedals very well Would prefer a real spring reverb, and the footswitch could be beefed up. Overall this is a great amp; I have gigged with it and the weight is no problem. Additionally, it pairs well with my JC-120 in my stereo rig Extremely happy with my purchase.

"Blacstar HT-Stage 60" submitted January 16, 2012

By Cody M in Vanceburg, KY
Overall
Musical Background: Up and coming artist. Playing for over 10 years.
Music Style: Christian Rock
Overall: Great amp. Very high grade tone, presence and build. This amp screams and brings a sense of personality to the player. Easily one of the most versatile amps available. Some can say it brings the tones of Marshalls to Mesa Boogies. I think while it mixes them and lets you bring in what you want from them, it brings its own tonal dynamics into the mix.

When you call, mention priority code 20W-XG9C. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976