When you call, mention priority code 16KY-PVJQ
  • Mon, Tue, Wed 8AM - 10PM (EST)
  • Thur Closed
  • Fri 8AM - 10PM (EST)

Rating and Reviews: Blackstar HT 5TH Amp

This limited edition 2x10 combo packs Blackstar's renown British tone into a sleek creme package.

"Great practice amp" submitted January 4, 2014

By Brian Taylor in Floyds Knobs, IN
Overall
Musical Background: I used to be serious. Now I jam at home..
Music Style: Blues,Classic Rock and Old Metal.
Overall: I bought this because I love Marshall Slash tone and I sometimes play some old school metal. I play this thru a Gibson Les Paul with Burstbucker 1&2 Pickups. I use an MXR custom badass overdrive and I change the 12ax7 to a Tun-Sol gold pin. After I changed the tube it changed the am and I get this wicked dark JCM 800 growl with the ISF at 3'oclock. I keep th gain at have and hit it with the overdrive. Both pickups are articulate and bluesy. Im impressed with this amp. It was good with the stock tube but it great with the Tung-sol. It doubles the gain so you can run it low and get a killer crunch. I will have this amp for a long time. I love it!

"Blackstar HT 5TH Guitar Combo Amp" submitted March 6, 2013

By Dave B in Spring Hill, FL
Overall
Musical Background: I have been playing 20 years. I have been playing professionally for the last 6. I teach guitar, drums, bass,piano.
Music Style: A little bit of everything.
Overall: This amp is incredible. I am a working musician, and guitar instructor. I have played on a lot of amps. And the tone that comes out of the Blackstar, hands down beats everything I have played on, in this price range. You cant go wrong with this amp. Kudos to Blackstar, you have become my new amp of choice.

"Blackstar HT-5th" submitted February 3, 2014

Overall
Musical Background: Bedroom guitar player.
Music Style: Rock, Indie,
Overall: I'm a bedroom guitar player. I wanted a small tube amp and was leaning to buying the Blackstar HT-5 head and building a 2x12" speaker cab. I crunched some numbers and buying this combo amp, even with the 2x10", was a great deal! I think the amp sounds great. I have read about chaning tubes right away when you recieve this amp but I'm going to give it some time. To be honest I am not sure I will notice a difference, my ears just aren't that picky.

"Good Sound & Awesome Looks" submitted April 26, 2014

By Jeff P in Fresno, CA
Musical Background: Hobbiest
Music Style: Rock, blues
Overall: Have had this amp for a few weeks and haven't really run it through it's paces yet. Have dimed it and it sounds okay. It sounds better than a typical practice amp and would probably be great for a small venue, home or for use in the studio. The only thing that is a real drawback is the lack of EQ for the clean channel. The one tone knob isn't versatile enough, but it's okay. The OD channel is pretty good! Its definitely suited for rock and blues not metal, but a pedal can take care of that. Not really hearing Marshal tone like the company claims but it has a nice sound of of it's own. The amp is very natural sounding. It is not hard hitting like a 2x12" combo or a 4x12" stack but it cranks well for a 5 watt amp. It is pretty light weight. I do however wish I would have just bought a Marshall DSL40C but one can never have enough amps so I plan on getting one of those soon and keep this one for the portability, lower volume gain and the looks. This amp is gorgeous!

"ONLY 2500 MADE! GET ONE BEFORE THEIR GONE-iT'S A LIMITED EDITION!" submitted August 3, 2013

By Steven G in Rochester, NY
Overall
Musical Background: Played in bands for 15 plus years now I get together with my friends and Jam
Music Style: Classic Rock, Jazz, Blues and whatever us 50 year olds feel like playing. lota talent in the room we've all been in multiple ban
Overall: The best sounding tube combo in it's class by far .This is a limited edition amp with only 2500 made...When the 2500 are gone you WILL NOT be able to get one. The sound is amazing both clean and dirty. the clean is CRYSTAL Clean and the dirty is grinding without any muddiness. the 2 2x10 blackbird speakers allow such a wide variation of tone you will be very pleasantly surprised. This may be the best amp you'll ever own and don't let the 5 watts fool you this amp gets LOUD good enough for a small club or bar you'll play. I really feel this is the best buy you'll ever get in an amp. holds it's own with my VOX AC15C2 (thats a ac15 with 2 Celestion Greenbacks). The amp is just amazing and the cream (not white as advertised is extremely cool looking. I couldn't be happier. I must have gone through 50 amps in my 30 plus tears of playing . from Fender to Marshall to jet city, Blackheart, Hughes and Kettner, to Roland, Bogner (junk) and just about ant amp you can think of and this is the BEST BUY I have ever made on an amp. Played my friends for 6 hours yesterday and ordered mine this morning and I couldn't be happier or more excited about getting mine. just bought it today after 6 hours on one yesterday it was just amazing the sounds you can get out of this Limited Edition and I couldn't be happier. Get one while you can because when this run is gone it will never be back again. The 5 year Anniversary Amp.Don't miss out. Get one before there gone. you will NOT be disappointed!! THIS IS A 10 ON THE WOW FACTOR!! ) ) ( ido mean CRYSTAL CLEAN

By Steven G in Rochester, NY
Overall

When you call, mention priority code 16KY-PVJQ. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976