When you call, mention priority code 176Z-TFRX

Rating and Reviews: Blackstar HT-1RH Amp Head

Pack big sound into a portable package with the 1-watt Blackstar HT-1RH guitar amplifier head, perfect for practice or studio work.

"Great practice amp for bedroom rockstars." submitted March 3, 2011

By a customer from YAHOO.COM
Music Style: Rock, Metal
Sound: Great overdriven tones at low volumes. Only complaint it that the amp has a slight hum or noise. Once you are playing you don't notice it, but if you take a break it will hum. My Blackheart Killer Ant is quiet. Feature: A one watt head with a clean and a(push button)overdrive channel, reverb, headphone jack, and a CD/mp3 input jack. Lots of features for a one watt tube amp. ISF know to go from American amps to British amps in no time. My other amp is Blackheart Killer Ant which has only a volume knob. Love it but it's limited to changing up the sound without pedals. If I could ask for one extra feature it would be the option to add a footswith for the overdrive channel. Ease of Use: Very easy to dial in a good sound. Quality: Well built and solid as a tank. Value: Well worth it to me. I love my Killer Ant one watt head, but it is nice having the HT-1hr because of the options. Manufacturer Support: I had ordered the HT-1HR after watching several youtube videos and reading up on it. I found out (from the blackstar site and online manual) after ordering that it only supports 8ohm output. Bummer I thought because I wanted to use a 16ohm cab I had. When I got the amp the back of it said 4-16ohm output. I was confused. I emailed Blackstar and called Korg(USA Blackstar support). Korg answered my questions that I was good to go with cabs 4-16ohms. Blackstar replied 2 days later. The manual and site should be updated but I got my answer from support. The Wow Factor: Awesome amp! I'm a guitarist for fun and hobby. The HT-1hr give me that rockstar looking amp in an apartment. I don't need and cannot use a 100 watt Marshal.I do perfer tube amps and now I can get that sound of a stack at levels that won't get me evicted. Overall: I have had the killer ant for over a year now. Love it. I'm in a long distance relationship and wanted to split my killer stack up; take the BH head and one cab to my gf's house and use the other cab and with the HT-1hr at my place. Eventually I'll get the Blackstar cabs to go with this. This is not for playing with a band its for us guys that want to be rockstars in our bedrooms.

"great tone, great sounding reverb" submitted May 19, 2012

Overall
Overall: just bought it. My goal - a great sounding low wattage amp to add to my multi-amp setup primarily for studio use. It fits the bill for sure, and complements the sound of the Tiny Terror beautifully (and other amps in my setup nicely too). Tone - If I take one amp with me (plus a cab) to jams and small gigs, this could turn out superceding the Tiny Terror which is currently my favourite. But if possible I would like to bring both and run them in my stereo recto 4x12. Low wattage tone - people sometimes think they should use a small cab but these amps really kill through at least a 2x12 and preferably a nice broken in 4x12 w/ V30s! Sound - Articulation and definition are excellent, the "EQ" is far more useful than I imagined it would be (sounded kinda gimmicky but it really does what it says), and the reverb is incredible sounding - something that was missing from my existing bare-bones rig (I don't use many effects). Sweet blooming tone, batman! I've only had it for a few days but I know tone and better, I know the tone I love, this contributes to my rig very nicely. I think it would be a great amp for a person who wants to practice or do jams, with some good features that make it a really interesting practice amp...many small practice amps fall so short in the tone department...this is great big tube tone with breakup at small volumes. I don't know how much of the signal path is digital vs. tube but whatever it is, it sounds full and thick, not buzzy like many other amps I've tried (even bigger ones). Great value and great tone.

"ZZounds & Blackstar! Awesome!" submitted March 30, 2014

By Bob S in Bristol, VA
Overall
Musical Background: 35 years. Drummer, play at home guitarist.
Music Style: Rock, country, blues.
Overall: This is my 3rd pay -as-you -play order from Zzounds and as usual, it was seem less, painless, and worth every minute of the buying experience. I ordered the BlackStar HT-1RH 1 watt tube amp, and had it within 5 days or ordering it. The amp is incredible for such a small package, it has all the trappings of a $1000.00+ amp. Tonal variances with the "ISF" sound tone can produce gutsy crunch,along with superb cleans. Also with the emulated speaker option, I can go direct in rather than have to lug along a heavy speaker cabinet. Very happy with it so far, and am looking at purchasing the bottom speaker cab to go with it! When I need gear, rather than driving two hours to my nearest big box dealer, I can order, ( and If need be) , apply for play as you pay, and get it delivered right to my door! Courteous, knowledgable staff, as well as flexible payment options make Zzounds my first stop for all of my gear needs.Keep on rocking! ZZounds!

"Incredible yourAmp Head best for the money" submitted March 18, 2014

By John W in Pompano Beach, FL
Musical Background: 40 years a hobbyist/Player
Music Style: Rock Rock'n Roll Blues R@B Avante Guarte Classic County carribean stylee and old time western swing less a real accomplished
Overall: When shopping for a bedroom/ den amp head for my beautiful 1-12 celestion GVT(?) cab -great sound for this- made by amp egg. I was drawn first by the mention of push-pull low watt circuit ! (acctually this head sounds like a 5-8 watt) why? About 4 years ago I had a supro super model 8 warm watts(?) with a Rola oval speaker-beautiful what rich sound that was and i sold it at a profit. BUT the enhanced egineering by Blackstar and ALL the features ankored the buy. And I got know this amp quickly, and 'am very pleased. Though the factory stock version will do you just fine . I choosed to replace the 2 tubes with Genalex Gold Lion preamp 82 and 83 for the valve/power/finish tube. $35+ a piece ! Tmay VOID Your Warrantee, soo know that. I'd say now this is ready for a professional studio player..I'm not ! And worth $400-$500 IMHO. A Keeper for all styles of guitar music . Warm and vintage but with a high gain edge, I don't play metal, but the stock tubes are for the metal man. This amp is worth every dime, and if you can't buy it out right ..Finance through ZZ sounds . Don't pass it by if your interested !

"WOW!" submitted January 4, 2014

By Spencer L in Longmont, CO
Overall
Musical Background: Playing for 9 years. Guitar, bass, drums, ukulele, mandolin, banjo. I play at home, some amature home recording.
Music Style: Rock, metal, blues, folk-punk
Overall: I normally don't do reviews but I had to on this. First, the shipping was insanely fast, like 2 days. The box arrived in perfect condition. This little amp is insanely awesome. This is my first tube amp, I've only had solid state amps in the past. I plugged this in strummed a chord and was blown away. As a metal player, I needed something with high overdrive and distortion that wouldn't blow out my windows and this amp delivers. This little this is insanely versatile, you can go from sparkling clean to the heaviest overdrive in seconds and sounds incredible no matter what your settings are. My new favorite amp.

When you call, mention priority code 176Z-TFRX. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976