When you call, mention priority code 158D-W5H6

Rating and Reviews: Blackheart BH100H Amp

The Blackheart BH100H Hot Head offers serious rock power. With up to 100 watts of switchable tube power, the Blackheart BH100H Hot Head can rock any stage.

"Your Search For A Versatile Tube Amp Stops Here!" submitted June 15, 2011

Musical Background: Musician
Music Style: Jazz, Blues, Funk, Rock, Acid Jazz & Techno
Sound: The tone and the sound quality of this amp is mind blowing! IMO,this amp is very simple to tweak to all kinds of music styles. I play everything from Country to Hard Rock. What I've noticed right of the bat is that I was able to play music styles from the 60's, 70's, 80's, and 90's with just a simple adjustment of the EQ dials. Compared to other tube amps, it is the best and most versatile amp that I've ever played. I have played on top notch amps such as Marshall, Genz Benz, Peavey, Fender, and Mesa Boogie. Yes, Mesa Boogie, and IMO, the Blackheart is my choice for tone, sound , and versatility. Feature: This amp does come with a foot switch and an instruction manual that is very thorough. It even tells you how to connect each and every ohms connection to your cabinet. The most unique feature about this amp is Class A/AB switching and the Full Power/Half Power Switching. BTW, the switches on this amp are not flimsy at all. It takes a little effort to move the switches up and down. This tells me that this is a very durable amp with high quality components that's built to last. Ease of Use: This amp is very easy to use. As I stated above, this amp is very easy to tweak and adjust to your own personal taste. It has an effects loop so you can use your pedals with ease. This amp also has a Series and Parallel function on the back of the amp. Love it! Quality: This amp is built with heavy duty construction material and intentionally built with over sized components. (This monster was built to last!) It would definitely withstand the rigors of the road and daily gigging. BTW, as was mentioned in one of the comments, my UPS delivery driver had a difficult time carrying this amp. It is very heavy, but this a good thing because it can handle the rigors of shipping and traveling on the road. Blackheart did a very good job packaging this amp as well. Value: This amp is way worth the selling price. Other dealers sell this amp for way more. Manufacturer Support: No support need as of yet. The instruction manual is very detailed and straight to the point. The Wow Factor: The technical marvel that I love about this amp is all the options that you have on this baby! It has all the extra options and features of the high priced amps at a price that every working person can afford. (Even those on minimum wage!) Overall: I am beyond satisfied with this great sounding tube amp. It is definitely a keeper. If you are smart, you will be wise enough to by this amp before the powers that be decide to up on the selling price of this amp. Let me say this. As a long time musician, I want to express to all musicians, beginner or pro, that this is a very good amp to have(even as a backup amp) regardless of your music genre. This amp covers all the music spectrum that's out there. As for Metal, I suggest getting a Boss MTZ 2 pedal with a Keeley mod to get that aggressive Metal tone. For the price, you can't go wrong. If it was lost or stolen I would buy another Blackheart BH100 in a heart beat. (No pun intended)

"Blackheart Rocks" submitted March 26, 2012

By Frank G in Douglasville, GA
Musical Background: 30+ Years Guitar
Music Style: Blues / Rock
Sound: I have always been looking for that SRV and Hendrix tone. Over my 30+ years of playing I have owned many Fender and Marshall amps. And I never could seem to nail that tone down. It just didn't come to the surface for me no matter what I did. I tried different amps and different pickups over the years and to be honest I wasted a ton of money doing it. Once I even bought a Marshall JCM900 stack brand new for like $2,400.00 and after a few months I hated it. And I have owned more Fender Twins and Super Reverbs then I can count. And as they were great amps they never offered that extra special glow I was looking for. A friend of mine told me about the Line 6 Vetta and I jumped on one of those for about 6 years and couldn't get off of it. I did find some SRV and Hendrix tone in it but it also had that slight solid state vibe in the mix. Then I bought this Blackheart Hot Head and cranked up the F'n/Loud channel and I could hear a tone I had never been able to grasp before. It was there and I was amazed folks. I kept toying around with it for a few days and then hooked up my Ibanez TS9 Keeley mod plus and it was like hello! There it was and it's that special tone I have been looking for over the years. I have tried my TS9 on many other amps and not been able to get that same vibe from it. It is a match made in Heaven if you ask me. Feature: Features? If you read the break down of what these amps have in them and how they were built it's a quality build. They didn't set out to build a cheap amp they set out to build a quality amp for a low cost to consumers. Ease of Use: Try some of the sample settings in the owners manual that is where I started with it and found the best tone from it. It's very easy to use. Quality: It's built as well as any high end amps like Fender or Marshall in fact it might be built a little better in some ways. The only thing this is missing is reverb but I just purchased a reverb pedal and everything is great now. Value: For the money it's one of those amps in 10 or 15 years you will be kicking yourself for not jumping on one when it was out new. These I feel will go up in value in the years to come. Manufacturer Support: You can contact the guy that designed this amp from the Blackheart Engineering site he took one day to email me back. The Wow Factor: I wanted a tube amp and I knew what Marshall and Fender sounded like. I also knew what cheaper brands sounded like. I jumped out and purchased this amp based on other positive reviews and videos of it where I could hear it. And I have to say after owning and playing it this amp put a big smile on my face. Overall: I have been playing the guitar for over 30+ years and owned everything from Fender, Marshall, Line 6, Peavey, and I have stayed true to those brands over the years. But I just recently bought my Blackheart off Craigslist after watching some video reviews on Youtube and reading the specs on the amp online. I had to buy it and give it a try. I have to say folks it put a big smile on my face. I have played it steady for the past three months. I have run pedals and effect processors in it. I can't complain it's what the company claims it is. And it's worth the cash. A friend of mine just got a deal on Mesa Boogie Single Solo 50 Rectifier and I was going to buy from him and brought it home for a test run. I played the Mesa a day or two and then went back to the Blackheart and could hear a difference in things but it was not enough to spend the extra money on. I found the Mesa to have a muddy clean side where the Blackheart has a very warm clean side sound. I found the Mesa to have that real recitifier sound they are known for with no question that was a treat. But I also found with my Ibanez TS9 Keeley mod plus I could dig up near the same vibe on the Blackheart. It's not a Mesa and it's designed to be one. But out of Fender Twins and Super Reverbs it's a close match. And out of Marshall JCM 800 and 900 series amps it's got a very strong match. I love it and for the money it's a great deal for a amp built like this.

"Blackheart BH100H: More bang for your buck..." submitted June 9, 2011

Music Style: Punk, Blues, Rock 'n Roll
Sound: This thing sounds great. Ive maybe heard a little better, but Ive definitely heard ALOT worse. It kills everything in its price range and even most amps that are twice as expensive. I'm glad I got to try one before I ordered from ZZ, I ALMOST bought a Marshall MA. Plenty loud at any wattage setting, and can go from Fender-ish cleans to Orange-ish face crushing overdrive. Beautiful sound at any volume too... Feature: Footswitch included. 2 sweet channels. 30w, 50w, 60w, 100w switchable. Standby switch. Footswitchable tube FX loop that doubles as a boost.(That's really cool.) Built like a tank. Looks cool, sounds better. Reverb was the only thing missing, but still, try to find another amp that has all this in ANY price range, and I'll eat glass... Ease of Use: Same as most any tube head. Plug, dial and play. But the included manual is clearly written with great pictures for those who may be less experienced than others. Hey, we ALL started at the same place... Quality: I was SHOCKED at how heavy and well built the head (and cab) were. Very well built, the box looked like UPS workers had played a game of football with it, but not a scratch or dent on either. I had to help the UPS driver get the thing out of the truck, and he in turn helped me carry it inside, so that helped. This thing will for sure be joining me on the road... Value: Great. Like I already said, you wont find a better amp at this price, and you wont find any others with Blackheart's features. Manufacturer Support: Havent had to use this... The Wow Factor: Well, I think it looks cool. I'm kinda torn over the BIG Blackheart logos on the head and cab, but, at least for now, Im going to leave them on... Overall: If something happened to this amp, I would replace it with this amp. I expect this to be the heart of my live setup for years to come. I may upgrade

"Don't let the low price fool you this is a quality built rock-n-roll machine!" submitted April 8, 2011

By a customer from sportsterownersofohio.i8.com
Musical Background: Since 1970
Music Style: Classic Rock, Blues
Sound: For classic rock and blues this amp is the best buy for the money. It has 2 channels loud and F**N loud. The loud channel is great for that soulfull blues sound. With the F**N loud channel dial in some 70's classic rock and let your creativity soar. Feature: Comes with a 2 button foot switch and cable. On the down side no reverb, but at this price you can live without it. It has so many other positive things going for it. Like a tube-buffered effects loop switch between series or parallel with send and return level controls. You can switch from 100/60 watts in pentode mode down to 50/30 watts in triode mode. It has 1/4" 4,8 and 16 ohm speaker outputs.. Ease of Use: Within minutes you'll be able to dial in your sound. It has a master volume and presence over both channels very simple to find the sweet spot. Quality: At this price the amp is work of art and built like a tank. I think it would take alot of abuse before you would have any problems. Although the price is cheap for an all tube amp the quality is not. Value: You will not find an all tube amp at this price that comes close to the Blackheart BH100H quality and features. And the sound is on par with amps hundreds of dollars more. The Wow Factor: Your friend's are going to be jealous once they see your new amp! Overall: I can't believe you can get such a quality piece of gear for such low price. I see my self enjoying this amp for along time. I really can't find anything I don't like about it.

"Awesome amp" submitted March 7, 2012

By Paul S in Snoqualmie, WA
Overall
Musical Background: I've played guitar for over 30 years both semi-professionally and otherwise.
Overall: This amp has a classic rock vibe and sounds awesome through a 4x12 cab loaded with Greenbacks. Best bang for the buck. Lots of options and features in the amp. Roll down volume to go clean, then crank for classic dirty. Mine came with JJ 12AX7s and EL34 tubes. It may get even sweeter with a retube. Absolutely steller sound and package for an awesome price. This amp is the best kept secret.

"The Best Amp You Will Find!!" submitted January 15, 2011

Overall
Sound: The sound of this amp is very much like a classic British tube amp, but for a WHOLE LOT less money!! This baby will do it all!!! Feature: Includes a footswitch/fx boost. Nice Touch!! Ease of Use: Once you dial in the sound... YOU ARE THERE!!!!! Quality: This amp is built like a tank. It is VERY well put together, and made to the highest quality standards. Value: Excellent Value! Manufacturer Support: Haven't dealt with them, but I don't forsee any problems. The Wow Factor: The is the only amp you will ever need. It sounds as good as it looks!! If you are looking for an amp that can push sound till it tears you apart, or handle a power down to a 30 watt setting, THIS IS IT!!! Overall: If this amp were lost or stolen, when I finished crying, I would be online buying another one!!!!

"Lots of power but doesn't compare with old Fenders, Boogies or Marshalls" submitted May 16, 2011

Overall
Musical Background: old school rock and blues singer and songwriter
Music Style: Loud guitars, drums and blues based classic rock
Sound: Sound is a little harsh, haven't found a sweet spot yet. Still much prefer my old Mesa Boogie, 1972 #0016, with 6L6 tubes. I get a powerful smooth clean sound from the Boogie that I can adjust sounds with a pedal. The Blackheart BH100H has a jangly sound that may cut through with a full band or at high levels. I'm just playing them at home now alone in my home studio. Probably best to wait and save for a Mesa Stilleto or Dual Rectifer and try using the EL34 tubes in them but even used Mesas cost 3 times the Blackheart does. Still experimenting with it though and maybe there's a good clean sound in there I can work with through my JBL D120s. Time will tell. Feature: Just want a simple powerful mellow clean sound to work with, I don't care for a lot of extra features. Don't even use reverb. I have my own style and I want the audience to know I'm there and connect with them not hurt them with painful high end. Ease of Use: Haven't found settings that appeal to my taste yet. Would go to Mesa if I wasn't another musician without much money and infantile dreams that probably won't ever manifest themselves. Quality: Seems made well, so far. Made in Korea, designed here, can't beat that, can you? Value: Nothing close in its price range. Manufacturer Support: Haven't dealt with them yet but I hear they are willing to work with you and talk to you. The Wow Factor: It's only as sexy as I am. Overall: Will replace it with a Mesa when I get the money.

When you call, mention priority code 158D-W5H6. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976