When you call, mention priority code 143V-KZCL

Rating and Reviews: MoogerFooger Ring Mod

Get three modular effects in one pedal, including a ring modulator, a voltage-controlled carrier oscillator, and a voltage-controlled dual-waveform LFO.

Overall

"Moogerfooger Ring Modulator: best thing ever, or something..." submitted May 5, 2003

By a customer from memphis.edu
Overall
Music Style: indie rock/art punk/post punk
Sound: If you know what a ring modulator does, you won't be disappointed. Moog's attention to detail is just beautiful. And the LFO (what i mainly use the pedal for) is one of the best-sounding effects ever. Feature: As with all of the Moogerfooger pedals, the inclusion of modular jacks take it beyond a mere pedal. It's very powerful this way. And while expression pedals are extra, you can get them and are able to control each knob with your foot, which is very nice. But the fact that you can treat a group of pedals as modular components, possible to connect together in a number of ways as opposed to merely a series of individual stompboxes is revolutionary. It gives the guitar (or whatever you run through them) the power of a modular synthesizer. It's not merely an effect that does one thing. You can actually use your imagination and take its functions to completely new levels. Quality: This is a quality piece of machinery. Once again, following the fine tradition of Moog products. It's sturdy, they use quality components. Many of Bob Moog's original modular synths function to this day. It's due to the same quality and care as he's always put into his products. I know I'm sounding like a commercial, but this is really well-made gear. Value: Okay, I almost put a lower score on this one because it is really expensive. But I still must give it a 10 because it is worth every penny. It's expensive, but there's a reason. The quality in sound and in the way it's built is unmatched! Not to mention the modular expressiveness that these pedals have not found from other companies. So the price is high, but so is the value. This is really the top of the line. Manufacturer Support: Perhaps the fact that I haven't had the need for support or service says something. I'm pretty sure they have good customer support, but I'm not the one you should really listen to on that since I don't really know myself. The Wow Factor: If you've heard this you'd know it's one of the coolest sounding things ever! On the issue of "color" and all that, i don't really think that's much of an issue, but I'll address it anyway. I love the way these pedals look. They have that Moog look, which is nice. But if you've read the rest of what I wrote, I think I've covered most of the whole "I Want It" issue. Everything about it is sheer genius. Overall: This is not something I could replace. You CAN'T replace this. Nothing out there comes close to being like this. As well as the other 2 Moogerfooger pedals I have. They're not just individual pedals, but a system.

"WOW" submitted July 4, 2005

Overall
Music Style: hard rock, electronic rock
Sound: The sound quality on this unit is excellent. You won't believe it's coming from your amp. It sounds like something out of a sci-fi movie at times. Crystal clear. This unit is great for making insane sounds, but it can also be used as a great tremolo unit. Feature: This is loaded with features. It has a LFO (Low Frequency Oscillator) and Ring Modulator together. It also has jacks for the Moog expression pedal for each dial on the unit. You can also input your own Carrier Signal into the unit if you don't want to use the built in LFO. Quality: The unit seems like it should last long, as long as it's not banged around. The side panels are wood, but the bottum is a kind of thin sheet of aluminum or steel. Just don't drop it a bunch and it should stand up fairly well. The footswitch seems to be pretty sturdy. Value: This pedal can create an array of sound unlike anything I've ever heard. If you're interested in experimental sounds, this pedal could be of great value. The Wow Factor: It's a Moog, what else is there to say? The name speaks for itself as far as desirability. Overall: There are a few other Ring Modulators on the market, but none of the compare to this. Don't make a decision until you've heard/tried this one out. It's worth the extra money.

"Very happy with my MoogerFooger Ring Modulator!" submitted July 6, 2011

By a customer from amnh.org
Music Style: Alternate
Sound: The MoogerFooger ring mod is a great "pedal"-I use it more as a component for a "Little Phatty". The ring mod and LFO work as one would expect but the surprise was the "drive" dial- it works like a preamp and fattened up my sound considerably, I now use the pedal when recording combo organs as well for that reason alone. It is great to have a dedicated ring modulator on the output of a synth and I can patch it into my system via CV to effect other features as well-that's where the extra LFO comes in especially handy. Feature: It included the power supply transformer- I hate when I buy something and it doesn't have what it needs to turn on!! Seems very solid- just as I would expect from all the other Moog products I've owned through the years. I wish it had a power switch or button so I could turn it off without unplugging it. Ease of Use: It is very simple and straight forward. A basic knowledge of what a ring mod would be helpfull but you get the general idea when you turn either of the two knobs! Its the kind of thing you would want to experiment with- see what it does with different instruments. I've used it on vocals with interesting results I'm sure that it would be very cool on guitar-especially with the drive feature. For more advanced use it has outputs on the back that allow you to patch it into instruments that recieve and send CV. Quality: Seems very solid- just as I would expect from all the other Moog products I've owned through the years. Value: Yeah! Manufacturer Support: I've had several moog products and only had one malfunction - that may have been due to rough moving. They were very nice when I inquired about getting it fixed- I paid shipping to the factory and they shipped it back at their expense and right on schedule. The problem was fixed under the warrantee and never resurfaced. The Wow Factor: I am a sucker for blinking LEDs and I like having the two that monitor how much signal is coming in- so it's cool to look at. Wish it looked more like a component than a pedal though Overall: I think it's pretty much a classic and is becoming a component of the type of sound I am evolving. I might need another for a live rig.

"Worth every penny." submitted November 3, 2008

Overall
Music Style: Fusion, Jazz, Rock, R&B, Funk, etc.
Sound: Very flexible sound, from barely present to omnipresent and all points in between. Does what you'd expect a Ring Mod to do, plus a few knob-activated-only (unless you spring for additional expression pedals - I have only one) goodies. Mates well with my present stompbox rig and doesn't add noise to it, which was my only prior concern. Feature: With the expression pedal (mine is for "frequency"), it's everything I need out of it. Ease of Use: Great for playing with now and checking the manual later. Quality: Very solidly built, road- and gig-worthy. No doubts here of its durability. Value: Oh yeah, for all the reasons mentioned above. Manufacturer Support: N/A - haven't had to call them yet. Here would be a good place to sing the praises of zZounds.com, who as usual got the product down here to Philly in a flash. Very little fuss in the ordering process, and no time wasted whatsoever in getting the product from the warehouse to my eager fingertips. The Wow Factor: Like it, love it, want to have intimate relations with it. Want to have some kind of polygamist-cult relationship with this and other Moog products. Probably shouldn't get into what that says about me, though. Overall: Will most likely not replace this with a competitor's equivalent. Would replace it if stolen. Would grievously harm the thief.

When you call, mention priority code 143V-KZCL. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976