When you call, mention priority code 13ZK-Q846

Rating and Reviews: Behringer XENYX 1202FX

This compact mixer gives you the I/O you need for small setups, with 4 mic preamps, 2 stereo inputs, and 100 built-in effects for reverb, delay and more.

"Not too shabby for the bucks" submitted November 3, 2012

By John M in Victorville, CA
Overall
Musical Background: over 40 yrs guitar, owned recording studio (24 trk), worked with many pro musicians, & producers
Music Style: into pop, techno, classic rock, metal, country, dub-step ,
Overall: Nice for the bucks, a fully loaded small mixer for the price of a stomp box. plenty of features, lots of in & outs. Clean transparent sound. Mic preamps cover a wide range for high to low output mics. Phantom power a big plus. For someone familiar with mixers it's pretty straight forward and easy to operate. Seems rugged/durable. Never have had an issue. The effects are great, nice sounds and lots of 'em. I use this mixer for home based recording with another unit for a 4 bus out. Computer is set up with a sound card that allows 4X4 full duplex recording. I can see this board being used for small club venue. Has four mic inputs, plenty of outs for room speakers, stage monitors and recording simultaneously, or as a practice/rehearsal mixer. For the price you can't go wrong. It works good with all types of mics, eletric, condenser, dynamics, ribbons. Again the sound is clean and transparent, very professional. It is small so my two fit easily on my computer desk. i use mine daily, it's one of those things that helps feed my music addiction. I have only two minor complaints about this unit; 1. it has no on-off switch. 2. the headphone output is wimpy. Wussy headphone output is common to almost all small mixers this size. Half a dozen or so manufacturers use the same electronics/design in these boards. Electronics has grown over the past decades, A mixer of this quality would have cost thousands not so far back. This is one of the most useful tools in my arsenal of music stuff. Easy to use so it's great for beginners. Something I really have fun with.

"THE BEST MIXER EVER!!!!!" submitted October 6, 2007

Music Style: Rap,Hip Hop,R&B
Sound: The sound is of really high quality i actually prefer this mixer to my Mbox 2 the mbox has too much noise these preamps are amazing Feature: it has plenty of features more then any other mixer ive seen i mean come on? On Board Effects on a mixer? b4 i would say YEAH RIGHT but Behringer pulled it off and made it affordable. Ease of Use: I only gave it a 9 because tho its easy to use you have to travel thru alot of effects to get the one you want i mean it has 100 effects. Quality: The product is excellently made if i didnt buy this i would think it cost like 300.00 Value: you have a lot of bang for tha buck with this one! just look at all the features and the PREAMPS...lets just say they could compare to Focusrite! Manufacturer Support: i havent had to call them so i havent needed support so i cant really rate them on that. The Wow Factor: it looks good it sounds good and it feels good Overall: Im lovin it!
48 of 49 people (97.96%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Amazing mixer! Cannot believe the preamp quality" submitted August 24, 2009

Overall
Sound: I'm giving the sound 10 because there is no way even those "big" name mixers can approach this small baby! The mic preamps are simply sweet! It is even good to use it for recording... Feature: It has everything a small mixer needs. The effects are very good for live performance applications. Ease of Use: No need to go to kindergarten to be able to use it! Quality: Strongly built! Although the older versions seem to be stronger, but it is perfectly good. Value: I would pay double the price and still be very happy. Manufacturer Support: Did not need them. Overall: Perfect high-quality compact mixer. Good for live and even recording. The preamps are sweet!
25 of 26 people (96.15%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Great mixer, especially for the money!" submitted April 13, 2008

Overall
Musical Background: Active musician, recorder.
Music Style: Electronic, experimental, rock, commercial jingles.
Sound: Very quiet mixer. I honestly just wanted a small utility mixer but I am surprised at the quality and will use it on actual recordings. The reverb is very detailed sounding, not tubby or digital. It is not capable of customized settings. This quality of effects in a stand alone processor would have cost hundreds of dollars just a few years ago. The reverbs are better than the flangers and phasers, effects that I don't really use much. Feature: A lot of features for the money. It has four mic preamp channels with three band EQ, effects and panning. Then 4 stripped-down stereo channels with panning, effects, and level. There is also an effects send and return, tape in and out, and master outs. Perfect for a smaller project studio, a keyboardist, a songwriter with a few instruments, etc. Ease of Use: Easiest mixer I have ever owned and used. You can just look at it and you can see where everything is being routed. You will have to look at a separate sheet of paper to see the effects listing because it is a two-digit display. Quality: It has plastic sides but it feels very sturdy and has some heft to it. The knobs feel very good, especially for a hundred bucks. The design is handsome and well-engineered. Reminds me of my old Mackie 1202. Value: I am very pleased with this purchase. Probably the best $100 I have spent in musical equipment. For that price you can get an effects pedal, a small practice amp, or THIS - A quality-built 12 channel mixer with impressive effects. Manufacturer Support: I have not used support. The Wow Factor: It packs a bunch of features in a small space. I do enjoy looking at it and feel that it is an improvement over the euro models in both color and design. Overall: I purchased a Mackie 1642 for hundreds of dollars more and it stopped working within a couple of years. At this price I will not be so bummed when that day comes, perhaps it won't. The Behringer track record seems uneven to me. My compressor works fine and it is pretty old. Some folks are not as lucky I've heard.
15 of 16 people (93.75%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Great product...sub par manual." submitted April 11, 2006

Musical Background: Active Musician, amateur recording engineer
Music Style: power pop
Sound: So far, I have been blown away by these preamps. I have a mackie 1604vlz that I use in the studio, and wanted something portable so I wouldn't have to undo everything when we played a gig that required our own stuff. I started testing this last week so I could get a feel for it before our next show. We were playing along when I noticed something...silence. There was no hiss. Just clean warm sound. So far so good! Feature: Built in effects are cool...not listing the effects...not cool. I get get that you can't give full control over every effect in such a small package...so you have 99 presets and something should take. Honestly, the reverb sounds pretty good. However, there is nothing in the manual about the effects...only something writtin on the board itself saying something to the effect of 1-16 reverb, 17-29 mod...etc I would rather not play with 99 presets to find the sound I am looking for, I still have no idea if one of the effects is compression. So the features seem nice...the instructions and usablility of them...so far, not so good. Ease of Use: see above. The mixer itself is really straight forward, the effects section, much less so. Quality: I won't know until I use it for a while, but it has a nice weight to it, and 'feels' well made. Value: So far, its a great value! Manufacturer Support: no idea...hopefully I won't find out either :) The Wow Factor: Its a mixing board...I guess its nice looking, but...its a mixing board. Overall: I would get another...great sound, small, and convenient. Besides, once I finally figure out all 99 presets, I will be damned if I am NOT going to have it :)
35 of 38 people (92.11%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Untouchable at the price." submitted April 1, 2009

By a customer from optushome.com.au
Music Style: Country & Classical
Sound: Budget price budget sound! Feature: The FX is great, The 100 FX are listed in an appendix to the manual which can be downloaded. Ease of Use: Very intuative. Quality: No problems at this early stage. Value: Nothing matches the bang for buck. Manufacturer Support: Very helpful phone support before and after purchase. The Wow Factor: Looks and feels great! Overall: This will suit my limited needs for quite a while. Where have i heard that before :-)

"Good mixer, excellent value, lacks an ON/OFF switch" submitted September 2, 2006

Overall
Sound: Very good, clean sound with little noise. It's a great improvement from my old Behringer mixer. Feature: It has more than all other mixers in the price range, even some costing $100 more. The effects are clean and crisp, BUT, and this is why I'm giving it a 5, it doesn't have a ON/OFF switch! Come on Behringer, I'd pay $5 more for it! Need to unplug it every time I turn it off, which is pretty annoying. Ease of Use: As easy as any other mixer Quality: Looks well built, very compact. Value: Awesome value for my money Manufacturer Support: Haven't tried to reach them
13 of 14 people (92.86%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Updated power LED replaced with much dimer orange LED!" submitted March 10, 2013

By Chris L in Murphy, TX
Overall
Musical Background: Actively gigging rock musician. Keys, guitar, vocals.
Music Style: Classic rock
Overall: I use this mixer to sub-mix my keys, vocals (both dry and post Voicelive Touch), as well as my guitar and a monitor mix. This provides a perfect 'more me' setup for my IEMs (output of mixer feeds a limiter box and then to my in-ears). One of the biggest complaints for this mixer has been that the blue power LED used to be so bright on stage, it would blind you and you would have to cover it with tape. Not any more, great news is that Behringer replaced it with a normal brightness orange LED. The only other issue for me is aligning the power cord plug into the mixer body correctly on a dark stage without bending or breaking the pins in the cord plug. I had to apply white electrical tape to the cord plug and make a 'sharpie' mark to indicate proper plug orientation. Great mixer at a great price.

"good for what it does" submitted May 14, 2012

By Joseph Felice in Melbourne, KY
Overall
Musical Background: 30 years= I usually play bass/lead sing often pick up the mandolin, guitar. I write original music and play near Cincinnati most
Music Style: Alternative Country, Blues, Rock & Roll
Overall: This mixer is the only one I've seen in it's class. Anything else at 100 bucks is a line mixer or something. This is actually gigworthy for a small band. Particularly if you have powered speakers! Then, your load in is easy, set up is easy, use is easy, tear down and leaving is easy. Sure beats the days of a rack of gear to do the same amount of work. It needs a power switch. But, the weaker point in the design is the input for power. It has very fragile pins and they are not marked well. If you don't line them up right, you will easily destroy the plug. I don't know why they couldn't use the same 'computer' plug everybody else has. I used white paint to mark teh arrow that shows the right way to insert the plug. At a gig, it can be dark...Anyway, that pretty blue light is too darned bright and can keep you from seeing the controls in a darker setting. Behringer has this light on many of their products and it is annoying. Over all, the mixer is very good. Fix those things and it would be excellent. I really don't have any experience with their support service, but it doesn't seem right to down grade them for having great stuff that doesn't breakdown.

"Good Value" submitted November 13, 2013

By Robert K in Grosse Pointe, MI
Overall
Musical Background: Professional musician.
Music Style: Classic rock, blues and acoustic.
Overall: Just plugged in this mixer and put it through its paces. The sound quality is really good. I have it hooked up to a Tapco 1400 power amp, so I've got plenty of headroom. (overkill?) My Takamine acoustic sounds full & rich, and vocals are clear & strong.Two criticisms: 1. The power cord uses a funky, small computer typ multi-pin connector that was a pain to get lined up & plugged in. Bad design decision.2. My unit contains built in effects with 99 pre-sets, but the unit comes with a manual and a catalog, and the listing of the effects is nowhere to be found. Will have to go online & hunt them down. Other than that, I'm very happy with the mixer. *Have no experience with Behringer customer support, but they made me rate them!

"Just What I Wanter" submitted December 28, 2012

By Ron S in Amsterdam, NY
Music Style: Country and Fifties
Overall: Works perfect with my Bag Amp to put some effects on the vocals. Sounds great for little money.

"Great mixer for the money!" submitted April 17, 2012

By Tom Y in Birmingham, AL
Overall
Musical Background: Bass player and vocalist. I've been performing for over 20 years
Music Style: Christian praise/worship, rock, southern rock, jazz
Sound: Mic pre-amps are silent. Effects work as advertised. Sounds good for a tiny little mixer. I was honestly surprised that the Behringer product sounded this good. Feature: It is simplistic, but extremely functional. The channel controls are not as fine-grained as a full-sized mixer but I didn't expect them to be. The phantom power is an 'all or nothing' deal for all XLR inputs, but that's fine with me. The built in effects are a real bonus. You need the included cheat sheet to know which effects you're dialing up, but I rarely change the setting, so it works for our band. There is no on/off power button that I can find, so I've resorted to using the power button the amp to prevent clunks and chunks. If it's plugged in...it's on. Ease of Use: Really easy to use if you understand anything at all about sound. It's pretty intuitive and it does what it's supposed to. It's easy enough that I can adjust the mix in the middle of a rehearsal without putting down my bass. Quality: Seems solid. I've only been using it for a month, but no issues so far. Value: Extremely high! For far less than $100, I have a small sized 12-channel mixer with the essential features that I need. I combined it with a 200W rack-mount amp and can run a monitor mix at rehearsals without breaking out the full-blown sound system. Manufacturer Support: Haven't used. The Wow Factor: It's a mixer. It has lots of knobs and plugs and it has a pretty blue light and an LED number display and some of the LEDs blink on an off with signal. It's entertaining to small children. Seriously...the small size, plus included features are what sold me on the Xenyx 1202FX mixer. Overall: I bought this mixer as a 'rehearsal' mixer for our band. We run 4 vocal mics, rhythm guitar, and keyboard through it. There are plenty of inputs to run bass and lead guitar as well, we've just chosen not to.

"Behringer XENYX 1202 FX Mixer" submitted May 30, 2014

By Jan Mankowski in Los Angeles, CA
Musical Background: Playing 50 years
Music Style: All styles
Overall: I am the owner of a number of Behringer products and most have been pretty good if not excellent in performance and price. I thought this would have been the same with the 1202 FX Mixer. When I received the unit yesterday I plugged it in and after 5 minuets the bottom panel gets very hot, There is no on/off switch so you have to unplug it to turn it on and off. It comes with a proprietary electrical cord and transformer giving very little forgiveness if you lose or misplace that somewhere. The design for ventilation on the unit is very poor, anything that runs that hot is not going to last very long. Called zZounds and they were very cordial but I did have to pay the shipping back and waste a lot of time going to Fed Ex and UPS and the shipping costs are 20% of the mixer. With all manufactures of musical instruments, never take anything for granted. Ask the retailer the dumbest questions and safe yourself some grief and time .If you cant test it out at the local music store or their are insufficient reviews on You Tube beware.

"Behringer XENYX 1202FX Mixer with Effects" submitted March 23, 2012

By Nicole J in Miami Beach, FL
Musical Background: Professional singer- 10 yrs exp
Music Style: everything except heavy metal and punk rock.
Overall: Seems like a good little mixer EXCEPT I wasnt' aware that it was NOT powered . Make sure you have all supporting equipment before buying (POWER AMP)....then you'll be good to go. I'm rating it a 3 on sound simply because I was not aware that it could not be used as a direct plug in for shows and because it's not powered, it's quiet. Once properly connected to a powered source, I'm sure it will be fabulous. SOLID make, GREAT quality of sound if using for studio work, and will be equally as great for shows once powered....(did I mention it's NOT powered?? LOL)

Behringer XENYX 1202FX Customer Review submitted December 4, 2011

Overall
Musical Background: 10 yrs.
Music Style: Rock, Christian
Sound: Good quality sound. It respons very well. Im not sure yet how to utilize the special effecta since im only using it for karaoke. Feature: It does well for karaoke, i do not use it for a guitar. Ease of Use: I really hate that it doe snot have a power switch. If i had known would have bought something different. I dont want the hassle of returning the item and waiting longer. The Wow Factor: No power switch. Dont understand the idea, or lack of. Overall: Yes, i would replace with something else.

When you call, mention priority code 13ZK-Q846. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976