When you call, mention priority code 158N-XGDL

Rating and Reviews: Behringer XENYX 502

The XENYX 502 features 5 inputs, assignable CD/tape inputs, low noise and high headroom.

"Good value for the money" submitted August 3, 2009

Musical Background: A/V audio
Sound: Compared to my Mackie - best not to. But I bought this little guy to ride around in a Pelican case and travel to seminars to run background music, movie sound tracks, and the audio from Flash and PowerPoint. For that it's fine and the tiny size is a real plus. Not much noise, and the preamp is better than OK for PA and simple voice tracks. Feature: No accessories, though the dedicated external power supply is a pain. It's big and heavier than the mixer. Worse than that, Behringer scrimped and made it single voltage. Not a problem if you don't travel. If you do and an over-anxious "helper" plugs it straight into U.K. mains and fries the 120v power supply with a quick pffffft, you'll lament the absence of dual-voltage when they were 'conceiving and designing' this thing in Germany for a Chinese factory to churn out. Lots o' luck getting parts - or a response - from Behringer. For the price, consider this item expendable. Ease of Use: For my purpose it's plenty. Everything is straight forward and clear. Even the manual is OK. There's actually lots of flexibility for such an inexpensive product. Quality: See above for "on the road" - single-voltage power supply. Mine has a slot in a padded case with lots of other gear and gets on fine. You can't bash it around, but one held up for 3 years just fine. The mechanics are surprisingly good. As to the quality of the electronics, I'll know when something breaks. So far so good. Value: It's good value. Manufacturer Support: Have one lying around with a fried power supply. Multiple emails to "service centers" listed on the Behringer website have gone unanswered, as has a query to the company, itself. A year ago I asked about dual-voltage or 240v power supplies and got no response. I'm giving them a 2 because they didn't have the opportunity to be obnoxious. The Wow Factor: Does pretty much what it pretends to do. No glitz or glamor, but functional enough. Overall: Size and weight are important in this portable application. I've replaced one already. The power problem is the big annoyance.

"BEHRINGER 502 MIXER BOUGHT AT ZZSOUNDS" submitted April 14, 2014

By a customer from 479xx.com
Overall
Overall: I operate two full time internet radio stations. www.479xx.com and BoilerRadio.com and always need new equipment.I have always loved the board......the 502. .big tasks in a small package...for not a whole lot of money. and the service was awesome.......just what they said.....and quicker than they said it would arrive.

"Missing 1 thing" submitted December 15, 2009

Overall
Sound: This gets the job done just fine. I use it just playing music from my computer. I use the Behringer UCA222 USB soundcard going into this mixer and my monitors going out of that. Very clean sound. I plan on eventually running my UBB1002 into the inputs on here for recording but have not tried that yet. Feature: For what this has it has plenty. One of the main reasons I wanted to review this is, I read many reviews and none of them stated this has NO POWER SWITCH. I found that odd as I have never seen a mixer with out one and I find it inconvenient. I can look past that and just pull the plug each time I am done with it I guess. Quality: It will last while it sits in place on my desk but I wouldn't want to do any traveling with this.

"A real bargain!" submitted October 12, 2007

By a customer from earthlink.net
Overall
Musical Background: Learning the tech side of it..
Music Style: Old school punk and modern blues..
Sound: HA! I just got this today..can't remember having this much fun and improving my set up for only 45 bucks... Feature: Very compact and light..no accessories included. Ease of Use: Don't count on the owners manual to figure it out; it's poorly written. No helpful diagrams, nothing..Oh and a bit of a surprise, no on/off switch, have to manually unplug it.. Quality: It does feel solid. Nice to plug in with the pre-amp, the mic, effects, guitar, drum machine and control it all though the mixer. Great tone though the headphones.. Value: Bargain really.. Manufacturer Support: Ummmmm..checked the website for helpful hints on how to hook up everthing; what is the function of the "main" ect. And nothing.. The Wow Factor: Looks like the real deal only smaller. If I order one again I'd get the the 08 instead of the 05. Overall: At this point I'm very satsified with the sound quality and the functions.
20 of 28 people (71.43%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Yet another Behringer oversell...nice." submitted April 3, 2009

Musical Background: Recording Engineer
Music Style: Rap and RnB
Sound: I cannot call myself an audio engineer with my 16 years,but still i HAVE used some of the best consoles avalible : I've worked with Fairlight consoles,the SSL's and many more classic consoles.Though i was always taught to FLEE from Behringer,when the time came for me to assemble my home studio,the pocket dictated.And so i bought this mixer and guess what-it's just as they said it would be! Feature: Though the product had NO acessories,it sounded good with the c414.When i was called to do some Recording for a metal band,i saw this mixer and laughed out loud,but than i almost changed my mind. The preamp is not even close to what they say! In fact,it just cuts the cake and nothing more.You can use it until you buy a stand-alone and it will have a descent quality,but for a 50$ mixer,what do you expect? The small number of channels is NEVER going to be used up on this mixer.Why?Only one amp.But still,the other channels DO have line-ins,so you can plug something else into them. The peak-meter was broken when i came to use the mixer and all,but i don't doubt that the colors were pretty.But when it comes to the BEST features here,i gotta say i was impressed by the separate Headphones jacks.i really loved it-i could monitor what was being recorded in the booth while the artists were hearing the MIDI Mock-Up perfectly on the phones. And there are the Tape and Mix options.Awesome.Though in a mixer this small,you don't need em. So why would anyone be stupid enough to buy this mixer?Phantom Power. Just plug-in a 80$ preamp in a Line-In,Plug the Mic in the Pre,and you're set.At a price of like 50 dollars,i guess it's worth buying. Definitely getting one for MY studio. Ease of Use: Yes it is easy,though the manual couldn't be more unclear. Quality: Behringer,bros! Even if it's a 6000$ console - and behringer will NEVER make a console that pricy- the quality will suck.Why?made In China.Plastic.End of story.But may i remind you again....50 bucks! Value: yes...because no1 sells this cheap mixers. Manufacturer Support: uuuh behringer.That's all i gotta say. The Wow Factor: Well it has no sex appeal at all.The plastic looks awful. Overall: I think that it's a must for any newbie in recording,because it's almost a Starter Set in studios.

"Amazing quality dirt cheap." submitted October 25, 2011

By a customer from ku.edu
Musical Background: Recording engineer
Music Style: Voice recording, no music
Sound: There may be preamps that sound better than the ones in this mixer, but they cost hundreds, or thousands. Feature: Really good headphone amp, worth the price of the whole unit. Manufacturer Support: Never dealt with Behringer. Overall: I had a bigger Behringer mixer and its power supply died; it shorted out after the plug got smashed in transit. It was about the same price to buy this smaller unit (including a new power supply) as to buy the power supply alone, plus nobody had the PS in stock. This is the third one of these mixers I've bought, and if one broke or I needed another, I'd definitely buy the same product again.

"Behringer XENYX 502 Stereo Mixer" submitted November 5, 2013

By Philip Kolchin in Boca Raton, IL
Musical Background: NA
Music Style: NA
Overall: I'm not using it as a mixer but only to control the audio volume from a DVD player toan embedded house built-in speaker system via a XLR wall socket connection tothe house amplifier, which I cnnot have access to once it is turned on............this device suits this purpose very well and its simplicity is a plus

"Brilliant Entry Tool" submitted December 3, 2009

Overall
Musical Background: sound engineer ameuteur remixer
Music Style: Alternative
Sound: Love it so portable yet advanced Got it with the podcast USB kit but it does all my work perfectly. Come ON BEHRINGER! Feature: Cables,Mic.,U-CONTROL Interface Ease of Use: Easy a Dog could use it, i had no experience and now one of a few who got 35th on NME Ameuteur Remix Charts Of Australia Quality: Made well (Dont Throw or blow up) Value: Good value for the price. Manufacturer Support: needed a repair after a flight on virgin. But i didnt pack it well The Wow Factor: Sexy Portable Design feutures got a girlfriend from it thanks behringer Overall: Help with your goals but if you are serious look for its older brother 1002

When you call, mention priority code 158N-XGDL. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976