When you call, mention priority code 170T-1D9Z

Rating and Reviews: Behringer VT250FX Virtube

This combo amp features VTC tube modeling, giving it that unmistakeable tube amp sound. The digital FX processors gives provides chorus, flanger, and delay.

Overall

"truley a great amp!...for the money! behringer is a company that stands alone for great value for a great product!" submitted December 21, 2011

Musical Background: been playing guitar over 30 years for my own enjoyment
Music Style: blues rock
Sound: the sound you can get out of this amp is amazing I really like the vtc button, the sound is truly tube like, warm and full... from clean to the overdrive channel you get all you need to sound great!...for the prices you won't find any better amp?... Feature: the twin bugera speakers make this amp! this amp is well built and features are plain and simple to use, don't need to read the manual 20 times to use the features. the foot switch is a great included addition! Ease of Use: very easy to used the controls to get the sound you like. just plug in and start playing Quality: really was suprised by how well made this amp is for the money, you would think it would look and feel cheaply made. quite the opposite, the cabinet is heavy duty and well made. the front panel looks upscale. Value: the best reason to buy this amp is the price? you get alot for the money!..compared to other amps! the vtc is just one reason..twin 12 bugera's another! Manufacturer Support: just had this a couple months so no reason to deal with support yet?..from the way it looks, i don't think i'll have to! The Wow Factor: price! price! price!... great looks! vtc.. Overall: with out a doubt replace it!!!

"BEHRINGER BASHERS ARE F.O.S!!!" submitted June 15, 2011

Music Style: Classic Rock, Country
Sound: This amp honestly doesn't sound any worse then any other solid state amp. The VTC switch when engaged actually gives the amp a much more smooth tone just like a tube amp which is what this feature it meant to do. The clean channel is smooth, clear sounding, and the overdrive bites and with the gain and contour knobs you can get a 70's classic rock overdrive all the way to a death metal type of sound. The built in effects and reverb are great, very true sounding, not cheap sounding like you'd expect from an amp at this price. I gave the sound an 8 because the cooling fan in the back is a tad noisy but only noticable when not playing anything. Feature: Great features. You know, your clean channel has it's own gain and EQ as with the overdrive channel. What I like about this amp is that it has a headphone/line out jack which makes great for late night practicing and the effects are seperate from the reverb so reverb can be utilized with any effect. Ease of Use: What can I say? Plug it in, turn it on and tweak it in for the tones of your choice! Quality: Don't let the Behringer bashers tell you otherwise. I've had NO problems with this amp at all. It was a day old and sat outside in the 90 degree heat for 10hrs straight being played through and the SOB didn't budge a bit and is back at home working like it should, no problems whatsoever with this amp. Value: Best value hands down. It's $238 for a 212 combo guitar amp with 2 channels, built in effects, and a virtual tube switch to smooth out the tone! I have yet to see Marshall or Fender put out a 212 solid state combo with tube tone, built in effects at this price. Manufacturer Support: I'll go 5 here because I've never had to deal with Behringer so I can't say they're great, can't say they're horrible. The Wow Factor: It really looks like a guitar amp. It's not drop dead gorgeous and it's not ugly as a mud fence. It's black with a control panel and black grille cloth, what else would there be? a GPS navigation system? Overall: Overall it's a great looking, working, and sounding amp at a great price. Give it a try, at this price what have you got to lose?
25 of 26 people (96.15%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Great Amp" submitted May 28, 2012

By Andrew T in Phoenix, AZ
Musical Background: Playin guitar for 6 years and I jam at home
Music Style: 70s, 80s, and 90s Rock and Roll
Overall: This amp is so great definitely a great addition for my collection, its everything I need and more. I am a hobby guitar player I am not in a band, I was lookin for a new amp to give me that tone I needed for my youtube cover video's and this amp gave me what I need. I am so glad my friend showed me this amp I read some reviews watched some videos and fell in love without even having a chance to play one. I have 2 Telecaster copies that I bought for a combined price of 270$ and the quality of the guitars are great but this amp gives them such a jump and makes them sound like Fender's. If I was in a band I would gig with this amp. zZounds is great definitely gonna be a long time customer thank you for the amazing amp you had available and thank you to Behringer for making such a great amp, I couldn't be happier.. The only thing this amp lacked for me was a Phaser effect, thats why I give the features a 4

"This is whatever you are looking for!!!" submitted April 28, 2009

Musical Background: Hobbyist, active musician
Music Style: Any type of Rock and Heavy Metal you can imagine.
Sound: This thing sounds even better than I thought. Clean channel is smooth and easy with dedicated EQ. VTC feature really gives you a warmer tube sound. You can easily tell the difference. Distortion sounds pretty heavy with my Jackson KE2 and I can get the 80s hard rock sound nice and easy with my Telte. You can also easy connect your favorite pedal and get more variety on the sound. VT250FX also comes with FX loop which is a great future for such inexpensive priced amp. Feature: All the futures are listed for you see in company's and zzounds' web site but I especially love the switch pedal which you can use for switching between channels without break ups in sound and turning your effects on and off. Ease of Use: Plug your guitar and start playing. Having dedicated EQs for both channels and a free switching pedal makes is extremely easy to use if you have prior experience with other amps. If you don't, user's manual only 10 pages, easy to understand and example sound setups are great way to start using it. Quality: I heard a lot of bad stuff about Behringer amps. Mostly about them being cheap because of poor quality but this amp proved that these accusations are wrong. Behringer's Chinese production facility is doing far better job than I thought. It would be better if knobs were made of some better material other than plastic but even these are pretty good looking and solid. Value: It has the greatest price you can get. If you can get a better amp for 300 don't miss it. I know can't because I have already looked for it. It is also great that you don't have to pay for shipping and tax at zZounds.com Manufacturer Support: This is new item on market as of 04/28/2009 and there was no reviews or videos about this item on Internet when I bought it. All the questions I wanted as I asked to zZounds and Behringer and they both clarified every single question I have asked. The Wow Factor: Photos speak for themselves... Overall: I am using product for jamming with my band playing 60s 70s rock songs. I am also using it at home for shredding heavy metal songs from Iron Maiden to In Flames. It is just great for everything but as I have said you might want to use some external effect devices.
13 of 14 people (92.86%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"+1 Value and Performance!!" submitted June 26, 2013

By Jeff W
Overall
Musical Background: Playing music for 35 years. Drums, Percussion, Guitar, Bass.
Sound: Responds well to pick dynamics; easily shows the difference in cheap vs good pickups. Flexible tone shaping controls. Pretty much good for a wide variety of music. Tip: just unplug one of the speaker jacks to make it into a 1-12" amp. Makes it 3db quieter and lessens the bass a little bit! Feature: Footswitch is nice to have, especially at this price. The VTC feature is less useful, but still nice to have. Ease of Use: Good sounds are pretty easy; just dial it in! Works well with pedals, in my opinion. No real learning curve, it's pretty much WYSIWYG. Quality: It is heavy and seems well made. Be careful of the control knobs, though: they are not supported by the front panel, and hitting one accidentally could break it off from the PCB, which would be BAAAADDD! Value: I believe it is priced fairly and competitively. Manufacturer Support: Never had to contact them. The Wow Factor: I like the quasi old-school look. Nice use of illuminated switches for the Channel and VTC functions. Overall: I initially ordered this amp with guarded expectations, as it IS, after all, 2x50 watts, 2-channel, Bugera 12" speakers, a tube EMULATOR, and 4 different 'groups' of effects. That's a lot of stuff for less than $300.00 shipped! As I began to use the amp and the speakers'loosened up' a bit, my expectations began to be surpassed.First, the "Cons":1. The tube 'effect', or VTC, is only mildly effective; it seems like more of a tone-shaping feature, with a pleasant sound. Remember, it only mimics the sound of tubes- this isn't a tube amp!2. The cooling fan is loud. It runs all the time, and if you are practicing at lower volumes, it can be a little distractiing. Not enough to remove a star, but maybe 1/2 a star.PROS:1. Very loud! I can shake the pictures in my studio, or have my guitar-playing buddies come jam while I play my drumset! Nice...2. Really nice 'dirty' channel. Contour switch lets you dial in Metal tones easily.3. INCLUDED 2-button footswitch! You can switch between the 2 channels, and turn your effects on or off. Very handy.I am very pleased with this amp and feel it's a really good value. I already had a friend buy one after playing through mine.

"Want Metal Distortion......Come and get it!!!!!!" submitted January 30, 2013

By Jerry Shelton in Breckenridge, TX
Musical Background: 13 yrs giutar
Music Style: Metal and everything else
Overall: I have owned several Randall amps in the past due to the great metal punch they have. I wanted somthing a little smaller than a half stack so i took the leap and purchased the Behringer vt250 fx. This amp can hold its owne very good. The clean channel is very nice with a good selection of effects. The Distortion is nasty and mean. I was very surprised about how this amp sounded for the price. It even comes with a ft switch.

"Very much value for money. This amplifier is not just for beginners, even if the price maybe descieve you." submitted November 18, 2011

By a customer from binatech.se
Musical Background: Playing guitar for 34 years
Music Style: Rock and blues
Sound: Well balanced clean sound. The speakers are good in this amplifier. I have also tried and connected them to my number one tubeamp and they sound good and they also have the frequency responce as a good guitarspeaker should. The clean sound is full and warm. The lead/distortion channel is a bit to much to early. Perfect for metal but difficult for blues. It comes strong when gain is allready at 2 or 3 on the gainpot which goes to 10. Therefore you the have to have full volume on that channel to be able to balance with the clean sound if you switch between them. So there is a very narrom and hard to tune crunch part on the lead channel. Feature: For me it's a garage training amp FTM so I don't have to move my old tubecombo back and forth every trainging with our band. I only use the clean channel and then my outside stereo pedals setup back into the two channels. The stereo amplification is very nice and useful. There is no tonecontrol after the effects return left and right though. Just Master volume and mix of reverb and effects. The amplifier remember how you use the two channels when it comes to the effects. So you can have any combination of effects on the two channels. F.e. clean channel with effects and dirty channel without. When you switch between the channels the amplifier remembers your last setting. The effects sounds very good. There isn't much optins in tuning but there is a couple of basic settings for each effect. You will not get stucked in testing to much. The Virtual tube button gives a volume boost and a slight coloration of the sound. Maybe a hint of compression. As someone said, it doesn't become a tubeamp but it doesn't harm either. I have it on all the time. Very nice to have the reverb effect on its own. The headphone output have ampmodelling. Sounds good but It's a bit low effect to the headphones. I had to use max volume with my 120 ohm's Senheizer headphones and the volume wasn't exactly earquaking at all :-) Ease of Use: Very easy. You can't go wrong. Quality: I'm a technical person and maintain service on amplifiers and also build my own amplifiers. So the first thing I did was to dismantle it and inspect the components. It's a two separate channel Integrated circuit endstage amplifier (TDA7293). I have measured it to give 59Watt of power in 8 ohm each channel on it's own but alone. When both channels are driven they give 39Watt each. This is with a 1000Hz sinusoid signal and resisitve load looking at an oscilloscope when the amplifiers clips the sound. Pretty good I would say. The PS transformer is not to beefy. It sags on the load of max continues effect on both channels at the same time. If they used a fatter one you easlily could get some more effect. Anyway, the dynamic effect, when short bursts of tones are used, as when you play a guitar is probably enough. There is one weak spot which maybe not is a big issue but anyway, here it comes. The control potentiometers are not supported with nuts in the front. The plastic knob goes all the way to the pot which are soldered on the long PCB card a couple of centimeters behind. I can think of solderings going bad there after two years of giggling with the controls. Apart from that it's a modern well looking produced amplifier with a sturdy case and handle to carry it. A lot of surface mounted goodies and integrated circuits around the two separate effect channels. Value: Uncomparable some of the best thing in guitaramplifier way you can get on this earth fort that price. Absolutely awesome. There is better stuff out there but you have to pull upp 10 times the money to get it. Manufacturer Support: I give an 8 but I havent had any reason to contact them yet. Maybe I should ask them a technical Q about the Virtube modelling? The Wow Factor: I was very appealed and also had to buy it. Because i have outside stereo pedal gears for the effects I very much triggerd on the stereo amplification and price. Overall: This will be my training amplifier with the guys in the band. Maybe also my gig amp if I find it to be enough in volume. It's louder then my 50W tubeamp with 1x12" speaker. Or maybe I use both on stage ;-) I will do a confession here. This is my first owned SS amp in this life.
12 of 14 people (85.71%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Buy this amp" submitted December 25, 2012

By Ways C in Cottage grove, OR
Overall
Musical Background: I have been playing for five years it is my first big boy amp and I play in two bands.
Music Style: Everything
Overall: I was almost worried to buy this amp but luckily I got it down to 180 so I figured why not I would barely be able to get a fender 25g for that price. And when it came and I plugged it in I was in love, the clean is beautiful and the distortion can get every sound you want with a little tweaking in the knobs. I highly recommend this amp if you are worried about it don't be I was worried about it and now I love it I would buy it again if I had too. It is way better than any other 2x12 solid state amp on the market for the price and you will not regret the purchase. Okay now here comes the complaints... The fan is noisy, that is it.

"Decent amp for $299" submitted July 31, 2009

Overall
Musical Background: Employed musician, regular rock and blues gigger and session player
Music Style: Rock and blues
Sound: I am an accomplished guitar player and current owner of several tube amplifiers. I have studied the dynamics and response of tube amps for many years and am quite picky about tone. I approach this review with the mindset that the VT250FX is NOT a tube amp, but rather an inexpensive, solid-state amp with a few bells and whistles. Comparing this directly to a tube amp is absurd. It isn’t a tube amp, doesn’t respond quite like one and hyped up by the manufacturer. The VTC, while certainly better than nothing, is really a colorized boost button. It provides a hotter signal with a **hint** of color **somewhat** like a tube amp. I’m not dogging this amp, nor am I saying it sounds bad. For a solid-state amplifier, it actually sounds pretty decent. But going the extra mile and trying to paint it up like a tube amp is a far stretch. If you know what you’re doing EQ wise and have a decent guitar, this amp is capable of a decent tone. By no means is it creamy and warm, but it's livable. The gain knob on the overdrive functions like solid state amp. You can run it on 3 or 4 and still get ball-scalding distortion. The amp isn't quite as beefy in tone as you would expect for a sealed back 2X12, but is great for $299. I bought it as a beater amp that I could use for rehearsals and not have to haul any of my tube gear around. Feature: Good EQ, functional VTC (colorized boost) and two independent channels with decent effects. Ease of Use: Only an idiot couldn't figure out easily h ow to operate this. Quality: Rating this based on a strict understanding that it is a $299 solid-state amp made in China, I'm going to say it earns every bit of an 8. If I were grading it on a scale expecting the quality of an upper-end Marshall or a Mesa-Boogie, it would get a 4 or 5. It seems built fairly solid and doesn't sound that bad. Value: For $299 (in the literal sense of the matter) it's a great value. Overall: Overall it gets a 7. It's a good solid state amp. It's not a Mesa or Marshall, isn't voiced in a classic sense and doesn't have real vintage sparkle or character tonally, but it works well for the money and intended purpose.

When you call, mention priority code 170T-1D9Z. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976