When you call, mention priority code 173D-NYGF

Rating and Reviews: Behringer VM1 Delay Pedal

This time machine delay pedal brings vintage delay to today's guitarist. It features chorus, vibrato, and delay effects.

"much for little" submitted February 19, 2011

By a customer from cox.net
Musical Background: musician
Sound: This is a very kewl delay! I used a tape delay previously as well as digital delays.I decided that I don't care for the digital sound. This being said, the behringer can achieve a very organic, nearly tape texture. If you adjust the input volume on the delay carefully (this works best using a two amp rig)and use the vibrato feature just enough, a tape emulation can be achieved. I personally leave the delay unit on, with the effect output going to a dedicated amplifier.Setting the delay to sound best, may adversly affect the bypassed sound. The direct output however remains unaffected. You can also get a leslie effect if you adjust things accordingly! Feature: It came with the 9volt power supply. The control features are decent. If anything, a way to control the repeat tone might be nice. It is a sturdy 18GA(close anyway) steel enclosure, with typical plastic knobs. Kinda big for a pedal board, but looks cool sitting alone between two twin reverbs behind me! Ease of Use: Self explanitory, no need for a manual. If you want a dark analogue delay, this fits the bill. Great slapback sound. You can get a decent Stray Cats sound. Quality: See above. Will last years if not abused. Value: Best deal going for something like this. Manufacturer Support: No problems, so I don't know. The Wow Factor: The most appealing thing about this is the sound, especially for the money. It makes me happy to get such cool sounds for next to nothing. Secondly,it has an ugly,big retro look that compliments my old Fender amps.It looks pre-aged if you don't look to closely. Overall: I would get another one if something happened to this one. That is unless I get my old tape delay repaired first.

"Don't delay, buy this pedal!!" submitted August 10, 2013

By Don F in Silver Spring, MD
Overall
Musical Background: 46 yrs. playing and writing music. I play keyboards and sing. I play professionally and jam.
Music Style: Styles? soul and rock, blues, jazz, Latin (Brazilian and a little salsa), a bit of folk and classical thrown in.
Sound: Sound quality's awesome! The sound doesn't respond to my playing. This is completely compatible with my musical styles and my production aims. I haven't used this pedal on stage yet. I'd like to see an expression pedal option added to an updated model, preferably wireless. Feature: The most useful feature to me is every one of them- don't discount the powers under the hood! Ease of Use: Great sounds come when the unit has power! beyond this, create your own! It's easy to use with my other equipment, including other pedals. (I own a boatload of other Behringer pedals as good bargain stuff.) There's a slight, gentle learning curve to this pedal. Quality: This pedal is well made, better than the Electro-Harmonix pedal that inspired it, being much quieter. Value: This is an incredible value! Show me any analog delay- with even fewer features- at anywhere near this price! Manufacturer Support: I've never had to deal with the company. The Wow Factor: This product is appealing, just not so much to look at. I like the timbres that this helps me create; and there are other great delays (Roland's Space Echo is a must-have, if one wants a second, pricier pedal.) Overall: This is a great pedal at a great price! see details below!

"Blown away by this delay!" submitted February 4, 2013

By Don F in Silver Spring, MD
Overall
Musical Background: 46 years as a keyboardist, singer and composer playing professionally, avocationally and just for fun jamming at home and elsewh
Music Style: pop, rock, jazz-rock, R&B, blues, a little Latin
Sound: The sound quality is superb! The sound responds to my playing in a rapid manner, without excessive "time mushiness of some analog delays." Feature: The most useful features are ALL of them! The least useful feature is the lack of stereo ins and outs- the features that AREN"T there. Ease of Use: I got great (pleasing) sounds straight out of the box. (I've yet to want or need the fine manual!) it's well-integrated with my other effects. The learning curve is rapid, do-it-yourself, no manual needed! Quality: This product is made very well and is reliable. I expect to get many years of heavy use out of this pedal, including touring, one-night stands and studio sessions, in addition to home use and jamming away from home. Value: This product was worth much MORE than its typical selling price compared to other items! Manufacturer Support: I've never dealt with Behringer, other than to request product literature. They sent literature on every product requested. The Wow Factor: The appeal of this product comes from the sound, features present, and it's well constructed. (Thanks for getting your knob act together, Behringer!) It has a total appeal beyond any one or two strengths, that makes me want to buy a second pedal soon! Overall: This pedal sounds great, is well made and sturdy, with better knobs than I'm used to from a Behringer product, and it has great features. The only feature that I'd like to see would be stereo ins and outs. It nails the sound of the Electro-Harmonix Memory Man of old, with the pleasant exception of being quieter and with better, up-front presence. At this price, one could buy two pedals for dual mono/stereo set-ups, or to keep as backups. At this price, I can delay purchasing my dream delay from Boss, saving money for more fine, bargain Behringer pedals such as their hi-band flanger (a rare find) or their several chorus and flanger pedals. (I own their Space-C "3-D" chorus, and I like it!) If you buy this analog delay and find that you don't like it, return it OR sell/trade with friends who'll probably love it!

"Erratic and unusable" submitted April 13, 2012

By Ian Kinzel in Roseville, CA
Musical Background: I've been playing guitar for 12 years
Overall: This thing really sucks out your high-end frequencies, harshens even the mildest distortion, and the chorus function is non-existent. The truly damning issue, though, is that my Vintage Time Machine has a tendency to start oscillating almost at random, especially if in the same loop as any overdrive/fuzz/distortion pedal. The sound was so shrill that the first time I came across it, my ears were ringing for an hour afterward - and the oscillation canceled out any input signal. When the VTM is on its A game, it's a solid pedal at a solid price. Too often, though - say, half the time - you have no idea what you're going to get out of it, if you're going to get anything at all.

When you call, mention priority code 173D-NYGF. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976