When you call, mention priority code 1655-LQPP

Rating and Reviews: Behringer VD1 Distortion

This vintage-voiced Behringer distortion pedal features intuitive level, tone, and sustain controls to shape your overdriven tones.

"Low price - Good and versatile performance." submitted August 4, 2006

By a customer from email.it
Music Style: Hard Rock, Rock-Pop, Gospel
Sound: Being an hi-gain folk, I was so amazed that the sound was interesting even with the drive < 9 O_o Seriously, it really has a vintage sound, I tried it out with a Schekter guitar neck-position on a Marshall Valvestate amp, and the sound that came out was pretty much " Hendrix ". You can also obtain harder distortion types widely used for Rock and Hard Rock, but obviously you won't play Korn with it :) let's say that with a good amp that does well its work, you will be able to play from Hendrix to Guns 'n Roses. Some people criticize on the fact that this is some sort of clone of the Big Muff (it's real :/ ), but I think that when you choose musical stuff you must base your choice on the sound (and price) and not on philosophical reasonments. Feature: It would be nice if the AC adaptor would be included in the product package... we all know how frustrating it is when you have to worry about the battery load state, because the sound may vary depending if the battery is totally charged or if it's starting to get consumed. Ease of Use: Very easy to use: it as three knobs, one for the output level, one for the tone (an high-pass filter I suppose, correct me if I am wrong) and one for sustain (practically it adjusts the amount of drive). I'm not so good with EQs in general, so this three-knobs system made the sound creation task easier for me. Quality: I put the box upside-down, and I saw that the knobs and the switch are not solidly anchorated to the pedal case, they move a little. I think that you should use very much care with this pedal, if you don't want for the knobs and the switch to damage. Value: It has a honest and reasonable price and sounds well. Manufacturer Support: Don't know. The Wow Factor: The box is too much large I think, but maybe this gives a more vintage style to the product. Again, I think that when you buy musical stuff, you must look at the SOUND and forget about the rest. Overall: Very versatile, the sound varies from a vintage light-distortion to a more heavy and crunchy one. The price is HONEST.

"Try it in your rig!" submitted April 30, 2008

Music Style: Alternative, Ambient, Prog Rock
Sound: This didn't do well through my epiphone valve standard amp, the amp i purchased it for. But in front of my Mesa Tremoverb, WOW! I am impressed, great distortion across the spectrum, nice fuzzy breakup in the low end. Feature: Good range. Ease of Use: Very simple to use, yet enough control to get several usable sounds. Can't really get simpler. Quality: Great metal case! The knobs are really cheep and are not standard, therefore can't be replaced as easy. I opened her up and transplanted into a smaller enclosure. Everything inside is clean and small. Yes, it is a lot cheaper looking and feeling than other pedals but still looks like it will hold up ok as long as it's not abused. The switch is built on a spring, not sure how i feel about it yet. Value: Definitely worth the price plus some. Manufacturer Support: Haven't dealt with them. The Wow Factor: The large enclosure looks cool but just takes up a lot of room on the pedal board. Nice paint. Overall: I will definitely use this in my secondary rig and for some studio sounds. If it were to break or get stolen, i may replace it just because they are so cheap!!!
11 of 12 people (91.67%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Awsome Distortion pedal" submitted January 17, 2006

By a customer from veco.com
Music Style: Alternative Rock
Sound: This sounds great. Very Biff Muff Pi sounding and almost 1/3 the price. Feature: I was suprised at how large this unit is. I was going to buy a US made big muff pi, but saw this for a low $29. I thought I'd give it a try and I'm glad I did. I was able to use my Ibanez 9V AC adapter to power it, or you can use a 9V battery. Quality: Very simple and sturdy design. The housing is metal but the knobs are plastic. Don't stomp on the knobs and you'll be fine. Value: $29 for a great sounding distortion pedal... ! I highly recommend this to anyone. Manufacturer Support: Haven't needed it for this pedal, but I once called Behringer for a question on something else and they were very helpful and nice. The Wow Factor: I know that some people are wery when it comes to some Behringer products, but I've had great luck with them.

"Vintage and The Some" submitted June 17, 2010

Overall
Music Style: classic and hard rock
Sound: very very vintage reminds me of the old peavey musicians series effects from the early 70s very vintage and no way to change it! Feature: sustain was cool everything else was standard Ease of Use: easy plug in, adjust, and play Quality: seems cheap to me but it is only 30 bucks! Value: behringer makes good quality products for low budget musicians like me. If you have the money to buy high end stuff then give me some otherwise i'm going to look at behringer products. Manufacturer Support: I own an entire pa system an it's powered by a behringer 2500 amp. never fails, support is awsome i talked to a guy on the phone for an hour about the pa system! Over how to best use the amp! The Wow Factor: unless you're looking for that sound don't buy it, not a lot you can do with the sound that comes from the pedal. Overall: I thought this pedal would be different sounding than what it is, when they say vintage they mean it, i'm old but not that old.

"You get what you pay for." submitted September 8, 2009

Overall
Musical Background: 34 years all types.
Music Style: classical, hard rock.
Sound: Total garbage. Do not waste your money. Remember you get what you pay for. Feature: Did not come with a power supply. I could not find a 9volt plug either. Had the opening for the battery but no plug. Ease of Use: It is easy to get a crappy sound. All you do is plug it in. Quality: Seems to be built sturdy, looks nice. Value: Do not waste your money. Manufacturer Support: Have not had to use them yet. The Wow Factor: It looked appealing, thought I might have bought something good. Tried it on various tube and solid state heads. It can take a good vintage amp and make it sound like total crap, in two seconds. Played around with it for hours, still the same outcome crap. Overall: I will keep it, for I value my friendships to much to sell it or to give it away.

When you call, mention priority code 1655-LQPP. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976