When you call, mention priority code 15G1-YLWN

Rating and Reviews: Behringer Bass V-Amp Pro

With models of 32 classic amps, 23 speakers and 16 FX, you're ready for any groove. Store 125 patches for instant recall, and even monitor wet/record dry.

""Excellent pc. of kit!!"" submitted February 24, 2011

Music Style: P & W, Jazz, Prog, Fusion
Sound: If you can't find any usable tones for a variety of genre, your not even trying! Everything from grunge to tubey clean (and everything in between):) Feature: Lots of useful AND useless sounds, but something for about everyone can be found (if you look hard enough). Ease of Use: The manual is best used on fire to light up a dark room. All my info comes from www.talkbass.com (search v-amp pro and *BANG* there you go. Quality: Impressed! 'nuff said. Value: It's all about the price-point. Less than $200.00 shipped to your door, or 5 times that for pedals to achieve the same thing (leave the pedal-board dancing to the guitarist, PLEASE) ;) The Wow Factor: I've spent much more $$$ to get less features than this. Even if you only used this as a Pre-amp (which it is), you get sooo much more. (i.e.- accurate amp modeling, pre & post DSP L and R outs, MIDI outs, balanced and un-balanced outs, XLR outs (you get my point). Overall: VERY "satimified" w/ mine. Used to record, gig, rehearse on daily basis. Again, the manual is "atricious". Get into it and see all this can do for you (for not a lot of $$$).

"Easy to use and well woth it!" submitted July 26, 2006

By a customer from wowway.com
Overall
Music Style: rock, metal, fusion,jazz, etc.
Sound: The sound is very crisp or meaty or hollow. Whatever sound you want. The things got three different volume knobs for gods sake. It sounds so clear its almost scary and theres no buzz or hum. And for those of you that dont like the ultrabass feature, you need to tweak it a little. Back off the bass and it will sound great. Feature: This thing has everything I can think of. Any input or output you could want. It's great because I run mine through a sonic maximizer stereo like and it's simply amazing. Ease of Use: Very easy to use. Plug it in, select a bank and go. Adjust levels and set up an effect then save it by holding down a letter button. Wow was that difficult! I have an effect for each bank. Really really easy and the manual explains everything. Quality: I had no problems with mine. Keep in mind that you can buy any electronic device and have problems with it. Even if it is brand new. Very nice clean looking component. Value: Are you kidding? 170.00 for this or 700.00 for the line 6. Hmmmm. Excellent value. Manufacturer Support: Never had to deal with them. The Wow Factor: I gots me one uh dem Overall: This is it. The last one I would get. I live in a real world where I work for a living and you have to tell yourself "ultra-harmonizer or effects for the working person." I would definitely buy this again.

"Excellent Piece of Equipment" submitted May 16, 2012

By Bill Godfrey in Johnson City, TN
Musical Background: Have played bass professionally for over 30 years
Music Style: rock,country, blues
Overall: This is a high quality unit from Behringer, despite what the critics say. I have heard a few comments regarding the durability of their products, but after reading about the internal battery component, I am highly suspicious that any problems experienced by disgruntled users may have never been made aware of the battery. If the battery fails or is jarred loose the unit will shut down. Aside from the battery, of which I have yet to experience any problems, this unit is a work of art by the geniuses who crafted it. There are so many user friendly and incrementally "dialed in" fashion statements you can make with this that uniqueness becomes self-evident. There is so much to explore in the vast array of offerings that I am still getting my feet wet with this thing. Needless to say, I am nothing but pleased. Yet, the two things that would make this better would be a foot-switch and a more "user-friendly" manual.

"Thanks, German engineering." submitted January 31, 2005

Musical Background: Experimental musician/Recording Hobbyist
Music Style: Pan-Genre Experimentalism
Sound: Basically, I would say that this thing sounds great. I've only had mine for a few days, and have been able to produce digitally-distorted "wrong" sounds, but these are easy to avoid. The amp/cabinet modelling is great. There may be better amp simulation units out there, but with the behringer v-amp, you certainly get a whole lot of good sounds for you buck. The effects are shallow (i.e. have limited editing capacity)and are basically one at a time, but one should expect that from a multi-effects unit, and they do sound good. Feature: This thing comes with nothing but a power cable. The effects really need an expression pedal to be viable. Plus there are many features that cannot be accessed without additional midi gear (such as what seems to be an awesome loop sampling function, similar to that on a Line6 delay modeler). After plugging this thing in and going through the manual, I got the impression that Behringer really, really wants to sell me their midi foot controller and is purposely withholding cool features from me until I do so. I would give the features a lower score, but the shear variety of these devices input and output options kicks so much @$$ that I'm giving it a 7. They also have editing software that you can download from their site (cool). Quality: Behringer has Chinese manufactures that truely know how to put together a solid product. Value: Behringer is realiable cheaper that it's competitors. Luckily, they can pull this off without making a cheap product. Manufacturer Support: I haven't needed support thus far. The Wow Factor: The sound design is fantastic for impressionistic replication of most genre-specific bass sounds. Overall: Good, but I can certainly imagine better. Better than what I had before, which was nothing but an old amp.

"Best improvement to my bass system to date and we're talking a lot of years." submitted November 30, 2005

By a customer from netzero.com
Overall
Music Style: Contemporary Christian, rock, 60s, etc.
Sound: There are more sounds in this unit than I will ever use. The sound quality is as good as I've ever heard. you can get pretty much any sound you want with it. Wish I'd made this purchase sooner. Feature: The only accessory I wish this unit had included is a midi foot controller. I know the FCB1010 from Behringer will work with it, but that's an extra $150.00. A simple pan up and down with a digital readout would work for me. Quality: I received the unit and used it for about 4 weeks when I noticed that the signals were somewhat distorted. The overall appearance of the unit was perfect. Value: This unit is absolutely the best improvement I've made to my bass set-up in years. I'd buy one again in a heartbeat. Manufacturer Support: I called Behringer and they gave me the address to a service center nearby. I shipped it out and discussed the probem with the tech. He is also a bass player and understood everything I described. He went through the unit and found a few "cold" solder joints. Also replaced one small component. Since he had to remove the circuit board to repair it, I lost all my presets so he programmed in a few for me to try. I was without the unit for about 7 day including shipping and it sounded even better when I got it back. Plus the patches he programmed were awesome. Overall: If anything happens to this unit, I will purchase another one.

"Amazingly great sound, yet amazingly inexpensive!" submitted February 5, 2005

By a customer from charter.net
Musical Background: Active Musician who plays 3 times a week at church
Music Style: All musical styles
Sound: I play contemporary christian music in a large church and I needed something that was clean and does just about everything. I could not believe how clean the sound was, even without the denoiser turned on. I read that some off the players said this was noisy. I find that what you put in is what you get out. I plugged straight into the mixing board. I usually use a sansamp but I did not need it. Christian music has so many styles now, southern rock, grunge, funk, and slow ballads. I found a preset for every style you can imagine. It allowed me to pick from 32 different amps. These sounds are very close to the original sounds of such amps as Ampeg,Gallien Kruger, Meesa Boogie, SWR and many more. I must admit I haven't learned everything this thing will do. I play with it everyday and find out something new everday. It is a cool toy for me. Feature: This thing has more plug-ins than you could imagine. You can use it in the studio, playing live, hook it up to the computer, it doesn't matter. You still get that nice clean sound. I enjoy the fact that you can plug in the cans and not punish your wife. The earphone plug is as quiet as could be. I would like to have more volume, but then everyone probably didn't enjoy the 70s and 80s as I did. Quality: I put it in a gator rackmount and drug it out 30 or so times and it seems to be fine so far. It is made well and is beatiful with the red LED lights. Everything seems tight enough on it. Value: I have heard the Line 6 Pod that cost a lot more, and everyone that has heard it says the samples are better. I like it better because it is also a rackmount. Manufacturer Support: I don't know how you rate a company you haven't had to use, so I gave them an 10. There is a website that you can download patches and upgrades, and I think that is good. Manuel is easy to understand and can readily downloaded off the internet if you loose it. The Wow Factor: I think it is a great piece. It looks good sounds good and it is a tight package but, It does not make me horny. The sounds it makes with a good player would definately turn on the opposite sex. In all, great sex appeal. Overall: I expect to be satisfied with this for years to come. If it got damaged or blew up, I would buy another one if I get a year or so out of it. You can buy 2 of these for the price of a Line 6. I imagine both are made overseas, and I like the sound of this better.

"Give this a chance you won't regret it!!!" submitted December 10, 2011

Musical Background: Pro bassist over 20 years
Music Style: Rock,country,blues and metal
Sound: The sound out of this is awesome once you figure out all the options this thing has and then the adjustments are self explanitory. Im an active musician over 20 years Experiance and let me tell you for the money this is very well worth it!! Now grant it sure havering pedals like a sansamp are very nice to have but you take the sansamp at just about 200 vs the behringer at new 180 and it puts out just about the same sound as well as having a bonus of havering countless other effects with the behringer makes this hands down best bang for the buck and has a very good quality sound!!! Feature: I'm giving a 9 for features only because I think if this had an envelope filter effect like that of a q tron then this would defiantly be everything that you'd ever need but then again at the price and everything you can use it for I'll give it a 10 instead of the 9 I originally gave it Ease of Use: Well once you figure out everything effects wise from the manual then it's game on and very easy to use its that the manual sorry to say isn't very informative however once you get past that everything is easy just an application of common sense if you're any good at sound at all but for the beginner I recomend you experiment with the various sound adjustments either way it's a sure winner here very easy to use!!! Quality: This is made very sturdy adjustment knobs are the best but as long as you aren't an animal and take care of it you'll be fine I have mine in my rack with an ampeg b2r it's never let me down I love the way it's made no complaints from me Value: This is very well worth the price a little under 200 now you take for example a half decent bass overdrive like a sansamp bass d.i. That cost 200 and you get just about the same sound from the behringer and a lot more for the price Manufacturer Support: I personally never needed support from behringer however Ive heard a lot of good things about them unlike some other companies. The Wow Factor: This not only looks good but sounds good as well I'm very happy with it I use it for gigging and practice as well as recording It's all in all very appealing in sound and looks Overall: This is a keeper!!! The only folks that won't like it are the behringer haters I know I used to be a behringer hater but then one day I gave them an honest chance with this bass v amp pro and I've never looked back I love what behringer has done with this and at a very affordable price if this were stolen would I buy another?? Does a bear do a #2 in the woods??? Yeah he does and absolutely I would by another if mine were destroyed lost or stolen. My hats off to the behringer company for creating such a fine price friendly product!!!

"Great value, nice quality." submitted June 30, 2004

Overall
Music Style: rock, alternative, blues, classical....whaterver
Sound: Played it with a bass and a guitar. Very similar to a lot of low end multi-effects pedals out there. The amp selection is sweet, but the effect choices are a bit limited. Feature: Aside from the manual, there are no accessories. Quality: Behringer has great stuff. Pretty durable. Value: Great value because I got it as a resealed item! Worth it. I haven't played with the Line 6 POD which would probably give me a better determination if its a great value. Behringer has great products and I trust them, so to me that makes a good value. Manufacturer Support: Havent' dealt with them. The Wow Factor: Groovy lights! Looks awesome when its on, although hard to tell what the lights are pointed at if standing at certain angles. Overall: I would probably upgrade in a few years. I would compare it to Line 6 and see which I preferred. Not a bad deal. Really wanted the compact version so maybe I would go with that next time.

"Just buy it!" submitted August 13, 2007

Overall
Sound: Its great, as long as you have the patience to find that sound you want. And the balanced xlr out is great. I paired this thing up with a pair of Mackie smr450 powered speakers and even my neighbor's neighbor thinks it sounds great ;) Feature: Ok, this is what this things has that catches my eye, -built-in presets -Completly digital -XLR outputs -Will plug in to almost anything -I can use my guitar in this thing without a problem -And tones more... The only problem that it doesnt come with a switching pedal unlike the lower model. But whatever i just use the pedal from the lower-line model and it works great. Ease of Use: It took me a while to figure out all the little bells and wistles but thats probly my own fault for not really going thrue the manual. So just take a quick look at the manuel before really using it, i know that doesnt sound too fun but if your like me, you wanna know exactly what you paid for. Quality: Ive had this thing for a year now, still works despite being in my humide garage all year. Still not getting any weird hums or buzzes and when i press the power button, it turns on... So ya 10 out of 10 without a doubt Value: For 170$? You would be a complete retard to call that expensive. Ive had this for a year and i still cant believe what a great deal this is. Manufacturer Support: Although i havent really needed any support, the manuel explains everything in several different languages. Plus, ill give them the benefit of the doubt just because they made this fine product. The Wow Factor: Ok, lets face it. Its not a very sexy looking product.. The price is though. Its not really "I want it", its more of a "I cant believe i own it" The other thing that makes you say "I want it" are all the knobs... Im a sucker for knobs. Overall: Just buy this thing, whatever you play, i use my bass and guitar with this thing. And for 170$ , its hard to say no...

"It's cool but not amazing." submitted September 8, 2006

Musical Background: hobby musician / home studio engineer
Music Style: Rock and funk
Sound: Most of the effects sound muffled. It has acouple of pre sets for an electric acoustic guitar that work very well. The over drive is ok and the compressor is ok. Feature: There is no acessories just the unit and a power cord. The feature I like the most is the way the knobs reset with each pre set using little red lights around the knobs. The feature it's missing is a display telling you the name of the pre set. You have to buy midi cables and plug it into your computer to see the names of the presets. Ease of Use: If you're fimiular with effects processors it's easy. Other wise you may have to read a little. Quality: It's very well made Value: It's a nice peice to have in your low buget studio rack. Manufacturer Support: I put a 5 because I have not had to call support. The Wow Factor: It's a practical addition to my home studio. I use it often.

"What a Nightmare" submitted February 13, 2004

By a customer from yorkcounty.gov
Overall
Music Style: I play rock music, new and old, with some funk thrown in for the ladies.
Sound: I bought this thing and took it home and hooked it up to my rack rig. What a nitemare. It has plenty of cool presets, but it has been made far too complicated. Evertime I changed presets, everything went all to hell. Feature: There are so many options, but who needs em. Dou you want to play bass, or play with knobs? Well, if you said knobs, this is the rig for you. I took it back to the store and exchanged it for a bass head. Quality: The product seems to be made well, but way to complicated. Value: If this thing were easier to use, it would be a great value. Manufacturer Support: I e-mailed the company before I got the unit to get some suggestions on how to hook it up to a rack bass rig. They answered me after about 4 days. I e-mailed them again about a week ago and haven't gotten a response. The Wow Factor: The unit looks good and has a bunch of flashy little red lights on it. It makes your rack look cool, but that's about it Overall: I owned it for less than 20 hours, and that was too long. I was very relieved to take it back and get something user friendly. This thing may well be just what a gear head wants or needs, but it's not for me.

"Great value for the price with some caveats . . ." submitted May 24, 2007

By a customer from tampabay.rr.com
Music Style: Rock, metal
Sound: Out of the box, the presets offer a wide variety and combinations of modeling and effects. Most of them are okay, but every one I've tried has required some adjustment to suit my taste. That may have as much to do with my amp and cabinet as it does my ears. Some of the effects sound a little too "digital". Flanging and chorus in particular lack the subtle warmth that can be found in higher quality single effect units. The amp and cabinet modeling is pretty well done, but still requires some tweaking to get the sound I'm looking for. Feature: The best thing about this unit is its versatility. For the money, you'll be hard pressed to find a single piece of gear that offers this much potential. The trade off is that it does a lot, but doesn't do everything really, really well. Swiss army knives are useful but sometimes you need a real screwdriver, if you know what I mean. The back panel is worth noting as it includes plenty of I/O options at key points along the signal path. Ease of Use: Fairly easy to navigate the presets, but editing is a bit of a chore. Time spent with the manual will be that much less head scratching when you're trying to change something. With the versatile I/O choices, integrating it into a rig or studio setting is a breeze. Quality: This is where it suffers the most. The price is directly related to the quality of components used, so if you want something that can take some abuse, this isn't it. I haven't had it long enough to say how reliable it is, but so far so good. In a studio setting I would expect it to last a reasonable amount of time. Using it for gigs, I wouldn't give it a year. Value: This unit is pretty much in a class by itself. I haven't found anything for the price that can do as much. Again, how well it does any particular funcion is arguable, but if you're looking for a one-stop shop for preamps, there's nothing else like it unless you're going to take out a loan. The Wow Factor: Very impressive looking. The front panel is organized logically and asthetically pleasing as well. Overall: I thought I might use this for gigs, but it's not really suited for live use without being overly careful. Given its price, if it breaks, it's trash.

"Bass V Amp Pro a Breath of Fress Air" submitted December 28, 2003

By a customer from studioace.com
Music Style: Smooth Jazz, Rock, Funk
Sound: The Bass V amp Pro is really a nice piece of gear. It seems that Behringer did a good job of modeling the amps for the unit. I have also owned the Line 6 Bass Pod and find the Bass V amp Pro more user friendly. The sound works well with my rig as I use a power amp to power my speaker boxes ( a 15"w/tweeter and 18") on stage. I use the set-up were I am just using the selected amp heads (Ampeg, SWR, Trace Elliot, ect.) for my stage sound and the the amp/speaker simulated sound for the PA direct feed. Seems to make for a big sound. Feature: My Bass V amp Pro did not come with a foot controller. I don't think I really need one as it is real quick to change the setting between songs. The controls are well lit so you can see the setting when the stage is blacked out or in a dark club. I think that the effects are more usable in real world situations than the Line 6 Bass Pod effects. Quality: The B-V Pro seem to be made well. The knobs are sturdy and has a nice looking finish. I like that the knob settings are lit red makes it easy to see and the woo...factor is good from the stage. If you rack mount the unit it should last a long time with normal club use. Value: This unit is a good value for the money. Less than the Bass Pod and for my needs (clubs and concerts) does just as good of a job. Manufacturer Support: Haven't dealt with the company for support needs. The Wow Factor: The Bass V amp Pro looks better on stage than the POD. As far as looks go if you the Bass V amp Pro mounted in a rack and the Bass Pod side by side you would go with the Bass Vamp Pro. Overall: At this time if this unit were stolen I would go buy another one. Something bigger and better may come out soon but for now I sticking with the Bass Vamp Pro. The band I play with (Idle Hands, www.idlehandsdfw.com) have all said that they like the sound that I am getting with the Bass V amp Pro better than with the Bass Pod.

"You get what you pay for. There are better units out there." submitted January 11, 2005

Music Style: Rock, Latin
Sound: Ok, look, you get what you pay for. This is so true. I bought this item to use in my home studio, to lay down the bass tracks. I had been using a POD for the guitar parts, and needed a bass unit to complete the recordings. I really coul not afford the bass POD at the time so I went for this, as it is rack mountable and has a whole bunch of routing options. The first thing I have to say is that this unit sounds quite well under live situations. In a studio situation, well, it down right sucks. The tuner is unusable, as that little light never stops moving and you never know how much "in tune" you are. The presets are OK, but you never find one that sort of blows you away. I was looking for a Geddy Lee type of sound, so I had to spend some time dialing this in. The overall recorded sound is lackin power. I get better results by running my bass through a DI box, a tube combressor and a parametric EQ. It's a long signal chain, but is sure does the trick. This thing also has some guitar presets. Once again, these were very nice when played through an amp, but the recorded sound was not all that credible. Through the monitors, I could tell that something was wrong, but then when I transfered to CD things became evident. The sound was brittle, lacking power. You see, there is a reason as to why this unit is so inexpensive at $200 and the POD is so much more at $600. Pod has really put a lot of time and research into their products and it shows. I don't see Behringer posting any licences from the giants that have pioneered direct recording and speaker emulation like Palmer or Groove Tubes. It really shows. Speaker emulation technology is expensive, and it is really not that accesible for companies that want to keep costs down. My advice is, if you are looking for a live unit, this might do the trick. If you are looking for a studio unit, the POD is the ONLY way to go. I mean, the sound of the POD is so good you won't be able to tell you are recording direct, and that is what we are after. Good luck.

When you call, mention priority code 15G1-YLWN. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976