When you call, mention priority code 15Z8-W026

Rating and Reviews: Behringer UMX49 Keyboard

This affordable MIDI controller gives you 22 assignable knobs, buttons, sliders and wheels -- and it comes bundled with 300MB of Native Instruments sounds!

Overall

"The keyboard that is too good to be true, but actually is!" submitted January 9, 2011

Overall
Musical Background: Over thirty-five years of making "Filmless Soundtracks"
Music Style: Dreamscape (per Keyboard Magazine 1999)
Sound: The Behringer UMX490 Midi/USB/Audio Computer Keyboard has been the best purchase I've made and I've made many. I was so surprised to receive this glossy sharp red 49 key controller keyboard. The keys feel better then my Yamaha MotifXS, Roland FantomS, XP-30 Korg MicroX and Karma instruments. I just couldn't believe the depth of these keys and how you can "bite" into them with your fingers. The keyboard rotary and buttons work great and are extremely easy to program and re-assign controller numbers for the instrument or computer software you are using. The standard settings work great without any physical thinking required. Reverb, Chorus, Cutoff Frequency, Resonance, program increment or decrement or octave increments buttons are standard and great. At $166.00 this is a steal. I received the new keyboard the day after purchasing it. I always get my ZZounds orders delivered the next day for free and no tax. There are so many mail order music hardware/softare dealers, but I've never been let down by ZZounds. Feature: I will say only one bad comment regarding the Behringer UMX490. It has no "Power" Light. You push the button on the back, but the only way I know the keyboard is actually on is by seeing the midi activity on my M-Audio 8x8 midi interface.or any sound module, softsynth you are using the keyboard to controll. You don't need to use a midi interface and if you just use a sound module (like the FantomXR or Yamaha MotifXS Rack (both of which I own) you just start playing those gorgeous keys and although no power light, you will hear your midi or USB module perfectly. I actually feel "revived" with these sound modules. They have become new and fresh to me again (presets wise) because the new keyboard, long keys velocity, keyboard response and Rotary & Button controllers makes me feel like I'm playing completely new "Fresh Updated) sound module, soft synth or VST pluggin. The Behringer also comes with a ton of free VST instruments & effects as well as some very useful software programs. The N.I. KORE Player with 300mb of sample data (which I already had, but you might not) is substantial. Add an extra USB Audio device to the keyboard and you wonder how does Behringer mane money? Ease of Use: This is something you will say "wow, cool and I love metallic red" to. It's a beautiful instrument made extremely well and like I said the best buy I've encountered in over thirty five years of playing and purchasing electronic music equipment. The manual is not included in it's entirity, but you can get it at behringer.com. You can get more info on the cc controller numbers, tutorials, suggestions and I don't know why it wasn't included in the package, but I would rather receive an item of extreme quality, then a "book" sized manual. This is only the 2nd item I've taken the time to review, but I thought it deserved the attention. Have fun, you absolutely will! Quality: This keyboard looks like an $120,000 car finish in bright metallic RED. It is gorgeous and reminds me of the RED AXXE Roland made back when they were producing their equipment in Italy, only BETTER! If you like red you will be very very pleased. If you don't like red (I don't), you still will feel like waxing this keyboard like it was a brand new car. It makes you like the color and "class" of RED! Just the finish on this keyboard makes it feel like a several thousand dollar instrument. Then the actual "Keys" will! Value: This has been already stated. It blows my mind how you can get this product with VST Instruments, Free Software programs, and an extra USB/Audio interface for $166.00. Manufacturer Support: No need for support. The Behringer web site at behringer.com is one of the best factory sites I've encountered. You can tell Behringer really cares about the customer liking what they have purchased and also make sure everything is updated and there are a lot of other cool Behringer products to gaze at while you visit. This man has started an entire "city" in China. They are proud of it and the only other company I've known to create a town out of it's products is Hershey Chocolate in Hershey, PA. Don't get me started on just how great Hershey is. The Wow Factor: I didn't know just how much I wanted it until I received it! Overall: I'm hoping this will last forever.
32 of 34 people (94.12%) found this review helpful. Did you?

When you call, mention priority code 15Z8-W026. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976