When you call, mention priority code 153R-2MNQ

Rating and Reviews: Behringer UFX1604 Mixer

Make the leap to a digital mixer. The UFX1604 has 8 mic pres, onboard compressors, two FX processors -- and even sends 16 tracks to your DAW over FireWire.

"Best of both worlds..." submitted June 9, 2014

By Stephen O in Savannah, GA
Musical Background: Playing professionally 35 years, keyboards, DJ, recording
Music Style: All music styles, depending on client
Overall: I tried out a Presonus Live mixer before buying this unit. Nothing against the Presonus, but as a knobs and slider man, I wanted to get down to making music right away without the learning curve involved with a purely digital mixer. This mixer fit the bill. Although the words Firewire and Digital are slung around forefront, this is basically a traditional analogue mixer with the added benefit of a Firewire port. What I was hoping it would do was to be able to send 8 audio tracks from my DAW and do all the tweaking from the board. This cannot be done; it will only receive a L/R signal from the DAW into an assigned Firewire channel on the board. A little disappointing, but I was victim of my own embellishments while reading the brochure. None the less, it is a very nice board. Have owned it about 6 months now, no problems. They could have done a better job with the flimsy sliders. Very little resistance, not sexy at all. They look good and sound good, but that's about it. Overall a very good choice as the centerpiece for a home studio or rehearsal room. The built in transport buttons do come in handy, but don't expect them to work with Garageband. I tried MIDI mapping but quickly lost interest in trying to overcome Apple's wall of incompatibility. It works just fine with the included Tracktion software. Do not expect this mixer to come with an owners manual. (???) When I contacted Behringer support, they said a manual is not available, so I should submit any questions to their e-mail support system. Responses were usually within 24 hours, but when you're working on a project with people waiting around, the e-mail thing just isn't realistic. I rate this mixer with high marks, but in the back of my mind I feel the unit is half baked. I think Behringer got so excited about their new digital mixer, that this one took a back seat before it was ready for marketing. Just a feeling, especially in regards to the lack of an owners manual.

"Behringer UFX1604 Digital Mixer with FireWire Interface 16-Channel" submitted December 19, 2013

By Edward P
Overall
Musical Background: Been playing fifty years both professionally and as a serious amateur.
Music Style: Jazz, Blues, Rock
Overall: Extremely please with my purchase of this mixer. I bought this to use for my rehearsal space and for gigging. Also, to use as a mixer for recording. I bought this unit as a scratch and dent, and as of yet I can find nothing that is scratched, dented, or not operating correctly. Very happy with my purchase.

When you call, mention priority code 153R-2MNQ. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976