When you call, mention priority code 156S-KJPL

Rating and Reviews: Behringer UCG102 USB

The Guitar Link UCG102 interface is an amazing practice tool that lets you hook up your guitar to your computer in a flash, giving you the best of both worlds.

"Best item for the price" submitted March 3, 2010

Musical Background: recording engineer
Music Style: metal, neoclassical, blues, classical
Sound: The sound is quite good for the price...I usually use it with a wah pedal, but tried it without other preamps and sounded just fine...I use it for recording with guitar rig 4 and it works just fine... Feature: guitar combos are sort of a demo for guitar rig, so you might want to get the hole soft...I did not use the rest of the package, but it includes also audicity. Has a jack slot for headphones/speakers, and frankly I've never had to push the headphones volum more than 1/3-2/3, so the preamplification is quite good. A level switch for boosting the signal can be very useful. I plug in the headphones slot my speakers, and I still can hear my laptop's speakers so, they CAN work at the same time. Ease of Use: I don;t know about other users but, in my case, I simply plugged it in and it was ready to go...the product's driver is on the cd, but you might want to upgrade it or so from the behringer site or if you want to use other software than the combos you may want to install the asio4all driver, which you can simply google... Quality: Plastic, don't be rough. At this price you would not expect otherwise Value: It is the best item at this price, you will not get better quality sound from any other interfaces at this price, and the only one that's better and near this price would be a line6 pod ux2, in which you have to invest a lot. Manufacturer Support: Never had to use it, but they gave me a 24 month warranty
24 of 26 people (92.31%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"It's just and interface. The sound you get depends on the software you use." submitted January 20, 2010

Overall
Music Style: Jazz, Blues, Classic Rock.
Sound: Pure ear candy. I set it up with Guitar Rig 4, very cool. I downloaded like a million presets. The sound you get depends more on the software you use. With guitar rig, the sound is excellent, almost professional. If you can get your hands on good software, you got it made. Feature: It now works in XP, Vista, Windows 7. It's only the interface. The drivers are great, but the software is not. Ease of Use: The driver setup walks you through. Quality: It's plastic. Just baby it a little. Value: Cheaper than any other usb interface for guitar. Manufacturer Support: Never tried, but I heard things. The Wow Factor: It's a dorky peace of plastic. Overall: It sure beats plugging into a computer sound card. For guitar, USB connections rule. It works fine, it's just an interface, cheap, and I'd buy it again.

"This is ONLY a PRaCTICE tool and nothing more" submitted September 7, 2007

By a customer from centurytel.net
Musical Background: 40 years of guitar mostly for personal enjoyment
Music Style: Rock, Blues, Bluegrass
Sound: The combo amps give you multiple hoices for sound, you get one of the 3 for free, buy the others for $15 each but beware that this is ONLY a one person practice tool Feature: The accessories, like the included Audacity recording program DO NOT work with this unit, you must use the Behringer ASIO and audcity wil not, is not allowed to accept it Ease of Use: It either works out of the box or you spend a lot of time trying to figure it out, the so called manual leaves a lot to be desired Quality: It's ok for the price, plastic like everything else these days and I have a hard time keeping the jack cord plugged in. Value: This is probably a good value if ALL you want is the ability to play using your computer instead of an amp beyond that forget it. Manufacturer Support: In a week of asking for help I got one auto response which was download and read the iaxe owners manual. wrote back three times and am still waiting almost a week later The Wow Factor: Like I said if all you want is to practice using your computer as an amp it's fine, that is all it does, if you want to record look elsewhere and expect to spend a grand or more before your done, as well as investing weeks or months or longer just learning how to use everything. Overall: As a practice tool it's probably great, but as a means for recording your tunes forget it, it doesn't really do that, certainly not the way you would hope for.
34 of 41 people (82.93%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"OK as long as you only use headphones for monitoring." submitted July 9, 2007

By a customer from verizon.net
Music Style: Rock, Pop, Progressive
Sound: The unit works well on the input side, but I agree with another reviewer, the input level seems a little low. On the output side, it works OK with headphones, but emits a high pitched tone in the background when plugged into speakers for monitoring without headphones. Thankfully, the recorded sound is fine. Feature: Pretty bare bones. Comes with 3 "Guitar Combos" based on Native Instruments Guitar Rig, but you can only select one to keep. Also, contrary to the documentation you cannot use the Guitar Combo as a VST plug-in to another audio application like the free Audicity tool that is supplied. The software also does not let you route the output to your soundcard/computer speakers. You have to physically connect the headphone output which leads to the high pitched tone problem I metioned in the sound rating I gave it. Ease of Use: This is fairly easy to use, however the Windows drivers are difficut to uninstall (it makes you physically disconnect ALL of your USB devices then reboot your computer). Quality: The unit itself seems to be made well. Value: Its the least expensive one out there. You get what you pay for. Manufacturer Support: The jury's still out. I have a request in about the high-pitched tone I get while running it into computer speakers. We'll see if they respond. The Wow Factor: Eh. Overall: I'm already searching for another product, though I haven't yet given up on this.
21 of 27 people (77.78%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME OR MONEY - ITS A "TERRIBLE" PRODUCT!" submitted May 18, 2013

By Sherri G in Honolulu, HI
Musical Background: 40-year veteran guitar, ukulele and mandolin player
Music Style: Virtually all
Overall: I foolishly bought two of these things, and both products arrived in factory-sealed boxes WITHOUT any CD enclosed (i.e, no drivers, no audio software, no amp modeling, no nothing)!. Unbelievable! It states right in the USer Manual that the product comes with software on enclosed CD and it shows a software CD right on the external packaging. Are these people kidding? I wouldn't buy another Behringer product if they PAID me to use it! They're nothing but absolute amateurs!

"Almost but nowhere near" submitted September 5, 2012

By Rich W in Baton Rouge, LA
Overall
Musical Background: Toured for 30 years all over USA, Canada and Europe with many different groups, recorded with some great artists.
Music Style: blues rock cajun jazz funk
Overall: The interface didn't work at all for me, the native instruments would have been great if it was possible to activate the program. N. I. website activation nightmare!!! Beware! I found the UCG102 a pointless endeavor as the quality did not exist and the unit had no long lasting type of design to it more like the box your burger came in.

"Don't bother" submitted November 18, 2012

Overall
Overall: The software is impossible to load on to a computer so I can't really tell you whether or not the product works. I emailed Behringer for some support but have yet to hear from them. If I figure it out, maybe I'll change the review.

"A FOOLS PURCHASE" submitted November 12, 2008

Overall
Sound: sounds comes in, only with line levels though. if you try to run a mic through it you'll have to boost the heck out of the signal Feature: came with crappy software. crappy drivers. nearly crashed my computer. downloaded necassary stuff online, got it working, but corrupted other stuff on my computer that normally works fine. crap. Ease of Use: i went to school for this stuff and it took me three days to get a signal. Quality: cheap plastic. gets lost easily, probably broken easy too. mines not broken yet, but then again, the hammer's still in the drawer Value: don't buy it. I've never returned anything to a music store, but i think i just might return this one. like i said, corrupted my computer, and eventually the unit stopped working all together. i've burned a lot of money on crappy items in my day, but this one takes the cake in my opinion. Manufacturer Support: didn't even bother. I deemed it crap and all the live support in the world wouldn't change that The Wow Factor: it could easier be mistaken for an hairless albino mouse.. save the time and get a real mouse that eats and stuff Overall: overall like i said, i went to school for this stuff. i can build and run a studio from the ground up, and if you're panning on buying this unit, you might as well take two twenties and set them on fire. peace

"Poor Form" submitted December 23, 2008

Music Style: Metal, Hardcore, Punk, Rock
Sound: The sound of this product is terrible, there is alot of altering required to avoid getting a high pitched noise over everything else. And even then the amp models arent great. Feature: The product doesnt do what it says it does, you cannot use the amp models to record through audacity. I have spent weeks trying to fix all the problems. Ease of Use: Dont bother Quality: You get what you pay for Value: The product is pointless Manufacturer Support: I havent tried to contact them Overall: I was not satisfied with the product and would not recommend it to anyone.

When you call, mention priority code 156S-KJPL. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976