When you call, mention priority code 161L-DLQH

Rating and Reviews: Behringer UCA202 USB

The Behringer U-Control UCA202 is a high-fidelity 2 in and 2 out USB audio interface. It also includes tons of free software.

"U-CONTROL UCA202" submitted March 5, 2013

By Bob K in Summerville, SC
Overall
Musical Background: I'm basically an Audio Engineer.
Overall: To configure U-CONTROL UCA202 for laptop with Windows 7 ( which was normally configured for mono mic input ). (CLICK THE FOLLOWING) START (bottom left on your screen) CONTROL PANEL SOUND RECORDING (if your recording has been mono up to this point, the only recording input that you will probably see is a Microphone and if you have your U-CONTROL UCA202 plugged into a USB connector on your laptop, you should then, also see - "2 - USB Audio CODEC" slightly grayed under it). Double click this icon - (Microphone) (microphone properties should open) (and here is where the magic is) Click ADVANCED There should be many many choices here to select from. I have selected "2 Channel 16 bit, 44100 Hz (CD Quality)" for myself. afterwards - click "APPLY" then "OK". And NOW - your laptop mono input should see the stereo inputs from your U-CONTROL UCA202. Since most laptop sound card chips, have been designed to get the best sound level using "automatic gain control" and the input to this chip has been designed to be a microphone level, anything louder will be distorted. So you will probably need to open up a portion of your sound card software and make an adjustment to the INPUT level. Normally, you might find a tiny speaker in the lower right area of your screen. After you right click it, you should see something marked "recording devices". After clicking on recording devices, you should see a tiny microphone that has already been setup as the "Default Device". After double clicking this Microphone, you should see either one, or another series of selections. Next click "Levels" and that should provide you with a tiny fader bar that you can slide back and forth. Most Microphone levels can be adjusted from zero to one hundred. Since the input to the audio chip can not be modified, you will need to slide it down to about 5. After clicking the fader once with your mouse, you should be able to use the arrow keys on your keyboard to increase or decrease the fader value. After setting it to 5, make certain that you select "Apply" then "OK". Setting your input level to 5, will allow you to get a rather nice stereo recording, instead of a distorted one. A good source to connect the inputs of the U-CONTROL UCA202, is an external mixer that music and a microphone can be mixed with. An expensive music source device, like a MP3 player, can be connected to one of the external mixers input. There are many different brands, makes, and models of mixers. Some with a series of built-in effects for the voice, such as echo and reverb. Dealing with an external USB audio adapter for your laptop is really a first step into mixing and recording your voice with music. And getting a mixer that suits your production and monetary needs, will go a long way too. If you have a recorder software program, record a few seconds of a stereo sound, then play it back to confirm that you can now record in stereo on your laptop. If you do NOT have any type of Recorder Software, goto - - - http://audacity.sourceforge.net/ - - and Download Audacity. The version at this time is 2.0.3... Its extremely friendly and quite flexible and you can even put the .EXE file onto a flash drive and load it onto other computers. A lot of people like to save their recordings in the MP3 file format. First time users of Audacity will find that another .EXE file is needed for this part and can also be found at the same "Audacity" location above. There are already, many websites telling you that Audacity does NOT contain any viruses, malware, or trojans. But I always create a "Restore Point" before loading any .EXE files in my PC - just a word to the wise. Have fun everyone.....

"Worth every penny!!" submitted March 23, 2007

Musical Background: Minister of Music, self-styled recording artist
Music Style: Praise and Worship, a little country
Sound: I could probably get better sound for a few hundred bucks! It eliminated all the ambient noise I was dealing with. Feature: It doesn't have any features; its a box. Ease of Use: It would have been easier if I didn't have to find out THAT IT DOES NEED A DRIVER!! That information (and software) would have been useful. (Go to the Behringer website, it's all there right next to where it says "No drivers needed.") Quality: It's solid as a rock, and lighter than one, too! Value: This does what I could've spent a ton of money on. I am finishing up my second CD using this thing! Awesome! Manufacturer Support: Again, driver info. The Wow Factor: It's a square box with a tail; how sexy is that? Overall: I hooked up a small 8 channel sound board to it and record using Adobe Audition. It is an incredidible value. Very, very happy!

"Good value for laptop recording." submitted August 19, 2007

Musical Background: Hobbyist.
Music Style: Electronica.
Sound: This product gave me a clearer, better quality sound than my laptop's audio did. Allows me to record from external audio sources in high quality stereo, with minimal noise (-32db and better). Feature: The features are perfect for getting stereo audio into your laptop (or desktop) via the USB port. Also, it allows me to hear playback from my sequencer on the laptop (via USB in, RCA out to amp) while at the same time allowing me to hear the synth I'm playing (via RCA out to amp), so behaves in a similar way to live mixing, although crude. I couldn't detect any latency at all. Ease of Use: Let the PC boot up completely, then plug in the device and XP will detect it and add it as a human interface device (just like a USB mouse), no need for additional drivers. Just plug the L/R RCA OUT to your amp, mixer, hi fi, or tape machine and the USB to your laptop. You can use an audio switch box with this device to switch between audio inputs if you don't have a mixer. Quality: Plastic, but solid feel, fine for the price. Value: I paid AU$60 new. Good value product for what it does. Manufacturer Support: Have not used support yet, but their website gave a reasonable description and contact info. The Wow Factor: I had to have it for my setup. A practical way to get audio via USB into laptops and desktop pc's. Overall: This product is a permanent, integral part of my home studio setup, and will be used for the long term.
79 of 82 people (96.34%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Perfect product,worth triple the price,easy to use." submitted June 21, 2006

Overall
Overall: Did what was advertised. It made my dell laptop music sound perfect. Replaced the minimal sound card inside with a great sounding digital to analog converter. Just plug into usb and enjoy the music through your home sound system. Wonderful product,a great buy for triple the price.
29 of 30 people (96.67%) found this review helpful. Did you?

Behringer UCA202 USB Customer Review submitted March 8, 2007

By a customer from necessarry.com
Music Style: hip hop/dj
Sound: crystal clear, just had to lower it a bit Feature: does what it does and does it well. i'd prefer it was a 4X4 but that's asking too much. i'd like to be able to separate the volumes for in and out(wait, in never changes does it? *slaps self). i will find out later Ease of Use: plug and play got me? Quality: solid product, don't care about it being plastic i'm not a child i know how to treat things. though the top sticker peeled a bit i might have done that thinking i'd paint it i don't know Value: 30 bucks barely gets me a single shoe. my last one got an ant colony inside it and replacing isn't a problem Manufacturer Support: never had to use it, for any of their products. speaks for itself The Wow Factor: looks ugly, but anything not wearing a bikini is ugly to me. Overall: suits my initial needs to a T, windows linux mac it was useful for anything. as far as i can tell this thing is in it's own category: disposable(practicaly) soundcard

"A very good unit for the price" submitted November 21, 2006

Overall
Musical Background: Guitarist for the past 13 years. Hobby recording for 10 years. Musician for 15 years.
Music Style: A bit of everything but mainly, Metal (Death, Grind, Thrash, etc.)
Sound: I must say the sound on this unit is quite pristine. I only had to adjust the input level of the USB in my sound profiles under control panel to get the playback at the right volume. Other than that the sound is smooth and crystal clear. Feature: It is a very basic unit, I wish it had more features but for $30 you can not go wrong. I run a boss BR-8 and drum machine directly into the RCA ins on this unit and it works wonderfully. Ease of Use: So simple to use. Plug and play truly. Quality: So far it seems fine. It is made of plastic however and that is fine with me because it will just be used at home for desktop recording. I would of course have preferred a metal casing but for the price who cares. Value: Again, $30 is pocket change for a USB audio interface. This is a no brainer if you want a simple unit like this. Manufacturer Support: Can not rate this, have not contacted them on this unit. But I also own a Virtualizer and had some questions regarding it and they were friendly and quick with a response. The Wow Factor: It is kind of cool looking for what it is, I guess. Overall: I love this thing so far, hope it does not fail. But if it does, I will just replace it, it is cheap enough.
42 of 44 people (95.45%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Does exactly what it says on the tin" submitted June 19, 2008

Musical Background: Hobbyist, Audiophile, DJ
Music Style: Drum and Bass
Sound: It obviously does nothing in the way of processing effects etc, nor has any noise canceling, so there is no sound improvement. I have had no troubles with sound quality whatsoever with this, and being an audiophile that says a lot about the product. Overall, very good. Feature: Does *exactly* what it says on the tin. Its not the very latest in technology, and certainly not fun to use... but then again it is not designed to be. It is practical and does exactly what it needs to do, and it does it well. On the bonus side, it does have optical out which is very nice to see. Ease of Use: Its as simple as plugging it in and playing. No problems at all, although I did manage to roll back the drivers... which resulted in needing to reinstall the drivers (there *are* drivers available from the Behringer site) which led to being unable to use it temporarily - I just rebooted and everything was fine again. Quality: Its a small plastic box. It feels quite plastic and lightweight, something a little more weighted is always nice. The silver is not appealing, black would have felt more professional. Despite this, as I have said it is meant to be practical, not sexy. It feels reasonably tough though, I would have no problems using it on-the-go daily! Value: Great value, Its most certainly worth $20... although I can't say that I would pay much more. Manufacturer Support: The Behringer site gives all the information required, and really there is not enough features to fail! In most cases (in fact practically all cases) the problem is the fault of the user! Read the manual, notices and FAQs! The Wow Factor: Its not sexy, however it is designed to do a job... A job which it does well. Put it this way, I wanted it therefore I brought it. I didn't buy it because it looks cool or it has the latest technology. Overall: Does exactly what It claims to do, no more than that! On the bonus side, you gain access to a bunch of software from Behringer upon purchase!
20 of 21 people (95.24%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Excellent value!" submitted October 29, 2006

Music Style: Lots
Sound: Sounds fine, no problems yet. Feature: My only real complaint is that there is no easy way to monitor the input through the output. It seems the only real way to do this involves using software playthrough, which creates a good deal of lag. The 1/8" monitoring output helps with this, but it would still be a nice thing to have. Ease of Use: I was able to set it up and have it running in just a few minutes. Quality: Plastic chasis, but seems sturdy enough. Value: Easily the best you will find for the price. Manufacturer Support: No problem yet, haven't contacted them. The Wow Factor: Nothing spectacular. Could add a bit of color to your desktop, I guess. But it certainly isn't fugly. Overall: Suits my needs perfectly.

"Love this product!!!!!" submitted March 25, 2012

By Ilene M in Woodstock, NY
Overall
Musical Background: Musician since age 7, Dj for 8 years in NYC, and many other places.
Music Style: Argentine Tango, Latin, swing, world pop, r&b, Motown et al...
Overall: I am a tango DJ. My Mac "lost" a sound channel and the genius bar suggested this unit which for all practical purposes restored both channels. Much cheaper and better than getting a new computer. I've used it for more than a year, and I never dj without it. Original Tango recordings can be hissy, scratchy and thin, but the Behringer provides much better sound (in Buenos Aires, other dj's commented on how good my sound was) . Highly recommended. At this price, I bought a second one as backup and have not had to use it yet. Phone support was immediate and terrific! One of the best things I ever bought!

"Works perfectly, Great Value!" submitted December 31, 2007

Music Style: Rock and Blues
Sound: Sounds as good as the tapes that it is digitizing......Very Good Feature: Everything you need to digitze audio, except the software. I use Audacity, which is free, to create the digital recording. Ease of Use: You plug it in and it works. (using Windows2000 Pro) Quality: A plastic box the size of a deck of cards. Has not given me any trouble. Value: For less than $30, this is too good a deal. Nothing even comes close. Manufacturer Support: Has not needed any yet. But there is info (manual) on their website. The Wow Factor: Very practical, not sexy. Overall: Highly recommend.

"Behringer UCA202 USB Interface" submitted January 16, 2011

Music Style: Electronic, Jazz, Contemporary Christian
Sound: I have this connected to my iMac to replace the connection from the headphone jack to my mixer. Feature: A nice feature is an input which I use for my Dell XPS Desktop. So now I have both Mac & PC hooked to my mixer Ease of Use: Just plug it in. No drivers, no hassle. You do have to change your Sound Preferences. Quality: It seems pretty well made Value: Well worth the price Manufacturer Support: NA The Wow Factor: It's not the type of product you normally want to show off but it does its job well in the background. Overall: Hopefully, this will last for a few years.

"Really nice simple interface" submitted December 1, 2008

By a customer from speedex.net
Overall
Sound: I am using this product to along with Audacity software to transfer my Vinyl to my IPod. For the low price this unit works great, sounds great. No noise that my old ears could hear. Well worth the money. Feature: For the money you can't really expect to many toys in the form of features. This unit is bare bones but does what it should and that is to allow you to get audio in and out via USB. Ease of Use: Plug it in and go. No drivers needed for XP. Quality: Not a single problem out of the box. Made out of plastic but thats ok for the price Manufacturer Support: Not had to use any so i can't really say anything The Wow Factor: Not pretty but something that works well does not have to be "Pretty" Overall: I love this thing. Simple to use, works, quiet, allows stereo inputs for my laptop (which does not have stereo sound card) does what is should

"No better value" submitted October 5, 2007

Musical Background: Recording engineer
Music Style: Vocal, Christian
Sound: The sound is a HUGE upgrade to the line input recording I was doing. I record using Audacity and it worked great. Feature: I really wish it had a 1/4 inch input rather than the RCA inputs. Other than that it's pretty easy to use. Ease of Use: Plug and play Quality: Pretty reliable. I am on the road with it twice a week and haven't had a problem yet. Value: Great value priced entry with great quality. Manufacturer Support: Did not deal with customer support The Wow Factor: Ehh...not really nice looking but who needs that.
13 of 14 people (92.86%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Perfect USB recording device" submitted July 10, 2011

By a customer from localgrass.com
Musical Background: Recording
Sound: I have a radio show, for which I record live performances of local bands. I've been looking forever for a device or software to optimize using my laptop for ultimate ease and portability. This device, ROCKS!! Awesome sound, and the true blue cure for 'wahwah' when trying to record on a laptop. I had been told I needed a mixer, and someone else told me I needed an external sound card, etc,etc. This product, which by the way was an awesome deal at a price match with another website (thank you!!) and I would recommend this to anyone in need as I was. Perfect USB device! Feature: Came with RCA cables. All I had to do was buy an inexpensive adapter to be able to plug into a quarter inch jack Ease of Use: See note above. Virtually effortless. Plug and record! Manufacturer Support: (no vendor interaction)

"At last a solution to the audio interface-sound system problem!" submitted May 22, 2012

By Bill G in Accokeek, MD
Overall
Musical Background: Tonet (plastic recorder0 at 9. drums at 12, violin at 10 and 45 - 58. I still fiddle when I get a chandce.
Music Style: acoustic instruments mostly. If someone comes with and electric instrument I plug it in one of my .25" phone jacks. There is usu
Overall: I changed my lap top from an IBM Think pad to a more modern laptop. The new laptop did not have a line in jack! Arrrgh! I bought several little devices that plug into the USB, and they all had problems. I ended up buying a Zoom H4 recorder and audio interface. $300 at the time. A fine instrument, expensive though. I did not want to leave the H4 at the church, so when I was not there, there was no recording. Then I found the Behringer audio interface. At $36 or so, I can leave it on the sound system so that anyone with a laptop can use the system to make recordings. No buttons to push, no knobs to twist, just plug it in. I think I have already reviewed the UCA202. - I bought the UCA222 and I will be testing it this week or next.

Behringer UCA202 USB Customer Review submitted September 18, 2007

Musical Background: Recording Engineer, Producer
Music Style: Rock ,Hip Hop
Sound: Just wanted to update you guys that are thinking of buying this, it works great so far and It work with Vista 64 bit OS! i just plugged it in and thought oh no, theres an annoying static in the music playback. I may a few adjustments to the latency, restarted my syste and the static is completly gone an dthis sounds just as good as my HIGH DOLLAR Maya Audio card that was a few hundred bucks but is not compatable with vista 64! If your thinkabout buying this an dyou have Vista or Vista 64 BUY IT! It works great! Feature: There really are no features for this thing, just plug it in and start recording. Ease of Use: This was very easy to use. Manufacturer Support: Behringer was helpful with support and friendly but had not tested this device with Vista or Vista 64.
11 of 12 people (91.67%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Best buy for the Money. Can't be beat." submitted April 19, 2006

By a customer from hackermail.com
Musical Background: Active Musician/Recording Engineer
Music Style: Alt-Country,Blues,Rock, Singer-Songwriter
Sound: Sounds Great. I run it through a mixng board , sounds way better that going from mixer direct to PC. I would say all of the hiss and noise is cut out. Only thing I her is any abiant noise of the room, which is due to my levels not the interface. Feature: Its pretty good. There's not a whole lot to it, 2 RCA I/o left and right. And a headphone jack with a monitor on off switch which comes in handy. Also a optical port, which I dont use, and thats it. It dosnt have a lot but it more than makes up for it. Ease of Use: Like I said theyre is not a lot to it. All I had to do was plug in and go, no drivers no adjustment, I record on A Dell 8200 laptop, and it worked perfect. Quality: The onlyreason I give an 8 is because its made of plastic, Granted Im not going to be throwing it arounf But I would have liked to see at least aluminum. Other than that all the jacks seem solid. I've only had it 2 days though. Real quality is shown over time. Value: If you want to run analog recoding equipment to a PC with the best sound possible this is by far the bet way I have tried, and the sound is great, clear and no delay at all when recording. Manufacturer Support: havnt needed it, its easy to use. The Wow Factor: Its an interface, Brains over beauty I suppose. Overall: There are more expensive ways to get a good sound, But if you know what your doing with your recording sdoftware you can get really close to pro sound on this. For the money it cant be beat, I have used units similar to this that cost $300 or more and I cand tell the difference as far as sound quality goes. The only thing lacking would be Features.
16 of 18 people (88.89%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Best deal on the planet for a digital interface." submitted February 4, 2010

Music Style: spoken word recordings
Sound: I use this for spoken word recordings. I connect a mic by XLR to a small mixer, send it to one channel, and connect that channel's output via an adaptor to the left channel input on the UCA-202. The sound when recording is far superior to what I get if I connect the mixer to the line in jack on my Dell laptop; on playback, through headphone or even on computer speakers, sound quality is noticeably superior than through the native sound card. My only complaint is an occasional glitch on playback, just a momentary dropout. I've never seen it happen on recording, though. Feature: Obviously, for my purposes, I would prefer this come with XLR inputs and phantom power and 1/4 inch jacks, but what do you expect? Couple it to a Behringer mixer and you get a USB audio interface that satisfies my needs much more cheaply than any alternative. Ease of Use: I plugged it into a USB port on my Vista-running laptop, and it takes over input and output duties. Done. Quality: Kind of flimsy-feeling, but it has held up well for eight months with no problems. You can't expect a steel case for $30. Value: Well worth it if you need digital input. Manufacturer Support: Haven't had to deal with it. The Behringer website provided useful information and software, but it's worked perfectly since I got it. That's the best kind of support, IMO. The Wow Factor: It's a box with RCA and mini jacks. Oh, and a cord. And a little light. Just a generic USB dongle. It could be a USB pencil sharpener. Overall: Until the computer I use for recording comes with a better sound card that this product, I will keep using it.

"I would buy it again and again" submitted February 18, 2009

Music Style: Classic rock and alternative
Sound: I Purchased this unit to transfer my LP's to mp3. It works great. I just hooked up rca cables to it from my stereo out, attached the usb to my laptop. The sound generated is great. I used software by Free sound recorder i obtained from download.com I am very pleased! Feature: As abvertised the unit works great and ease of operation can't be beat! Ease of Use: Very easy to configure and use. Quality: Quality seems good. I was surprised. Value: Very nice value. Units i found at best buy were 3 times the price. Manufacturer Support: Havent had to use support yet. The Wow Factor: It is small and easy to use.

"The best 30 € I ever spent on music equipment" submitted May 14, 2009

Musical Background: musician, music teacher
Music Style: pop, rock
Feature: only basic features but they are the necessary and they work perfectly Ease of Use: very easy - plug and play works, but for VST and Reason download the driver from Behringer's web-site. Quality: seems solid enough though the headphone output could be a bit more solid Value: The best thing for the money - similar products cost around 100 € - three times as much The Wow Factor: best 30 € ever spent - just needed it for low latency midi recording and a digital input form mu preamp - GREAT!

"Laptop owners check it out, awesome" submitted December 19, 2009

Overall
Ease of Use: I really did not even need the manual, I just connected the uca202 to my usb hub, connected my stereo aux inputs to the 202 outputs, opened up WinAmp double clicked on a song and it worked, I'm baffeled at how it routed through my hub no set up nothing, how does it do that? I use a laptop and when I get home I just wanted to plug one usb cord into my laptop and have all my "sutff" (keyboard, printer, scanner, external hard drive with all my music I listen to, and now my stero amp via behringer's UCA202. Reallllly cool. Quality: Time will tell

"It works and sounds very good." submitted September 17, 2007

Overall
Musical Background: Records for video productions.
Music Style: All kinds, except heavy metal.
Sound: don't know if i should give it a 10. sounds very good. i listen through Behringer Truth B2031A active studio monitors and the sound is really nice. Feature: simple and it works. that's good. Ease of Use: well, ... it's pretty simple. Quality: for the price, it's a well made. feels good. Value: good price. Manufacturer Support: i'm assuming... The Wow Factor: for the kind of very good music sound i want yes. Overall: very good interface. simple. windows xp recognizes it automatically, and it overrides other audio out, which was my case.

"UCA202 USB Audio Interface" submitted August 30, 2012

By Ryan F in Austin, TX
Overall
Overall: For anyone using an older Mac mini or Laptop as an "apple TV"...this product is awesome... digital optical out for full surround sound capability..streaming music and vids to the home theater ...great sound..no latency. Stop using the headphone jack and get the most out of your machine! USB audio codec..not software to install. plug and play!

"Small things work big." submitted December 14, 2010

Musical Background: Retired performer
Music Style: 50's, country
Sound: Despite the compact size the sound is terrific. Feature: Only what you need. Ease of Use: Connect it....use it....nuf said. Value: Can't beat it for the price. Manufacturer Support: Little "cheezy" with the plastic case, but it works. The Wow Factor: It does what it's designed to do. Overall: As long as it keeps working, I'll keep using it.

"No need to spend more!" submitted January 2, 2007

By a customer from map.com
Musical Background: musician
Music Style: nearly anything
Sound: I just got done with a nightmare trying to get Lexicon's Omega to work here on my PC. That was a complete waste of $300! This unit does indeed sound just as good (for under $30). This is how to get sound in and out of your computer. Feature: A true ten as there are no features, no drivers, nothing to muck up the works. Simple, useful sound equiptment, what a concept! Ease of Use: Just plug it into your USB port. So simple it's just a complete no brainer! Quality: Though I have little to go on here, I have bought many items with the Behringer name and always been very pleased with their capability. Value: for this price I could justify buying one a month (it would still end up cheaper than that crummy Lexicon). Manufacturer Support: I have talked to them on a number of occasions reagarding other equiptment and always found them to be freindly and available. The Wow Factor: It's small, cute, out of the way. What more could you ask for. Overall: This product is serving me far better than a $300 Lexicon Omega (crap)

"usb interface" submitted May 26, 2014

By James Haley in Springville, NY
Overall
Musical Background: 45 years playing almost every weekend, currently home studio doing commercial jingles
Music Style: oldies, classic rock country
Overall: had problems recording to computer from Fostex Multitracker once I added the Berhinger interface the strange phase style sounds disappeared and I was back in bussiness

"Awsome Bang for the Buck!" submitted July 31, 2006

By a customer from chipmccain.com
Overall
Musical Background: full time gigging musician
Music Style: Beach, Country, Rock, Pop, oldies, etc.
Sound: NA. Feature: Like others, I would have liked to have seen it made from something other than plastic, but I don't entend on treating it very rough anyway. For the money you just aren't going to find anything better. Ease of Use: Just plug it up and go. Nothing to it. Quality: Again, made of plastic, and the USB cable is hardwired. Value: t any better price. Manufacturer Support: Haven't needed it for this piece of geer, but I have delt withBehringer before, and they have a has great support team. Overall: I love this little box. The sound chip was going out on my Dell laptop, and I use it to play break music with, so had to either find a solution or have the laptop repaired. I'm glad I chose to buy the UCA202! Far superior sound quality than the chip inside my laptop, and cheaper than having the laptop sent off for repairs. I would definately buy another, and intend to do so.

"An Interface for less." submitted March 7, 2011

Overall
Musical Background: Been playing sence I was 13.
Music Style: Rock, Country, Oldies.
Sound: The Interface took care of all the problems. Before, when I recorded onto my laptop, It was overdriving,(sounded kinda like your singing in water). I have clean sound now. I use it on my Behringer mixer, I have also used it on a Peavey mixer also. Ease of Use: Just plug it in. Quality: It's O.K., I wouldn't want to drop it, (It's plastic). Value: Way less than other interfaces I found. Manufacturer Support: It's hard to talk to someone. The Wow Factor: It's a tool, no more, no less. Overall: This will be it. It does the job. I'm happy.

Behringer UCA202 USB Customer Review submitted September 7, 2011

Overall
Sound: I WAS LOOKING FOR A WAY TO CONNECT MY COMPUTER TO A PA SYSTEM, THE BEHRINGER UCA 202 USB INTERFACE SOLVED THE PROBLEM WITHOUT KILLING MY WALLET. THE SOUND IS MUCH CLEANER THAN IT WAS WHEN I USED THE HEADPHONE JACK ON THE COMPUTER. NOW ALL I HAVE TO DO IS PLUG INTO THE USB PORT AND I HAVE LINE IN AND LINE OUT RCA JACKS. Feature: THERE WAS A FREE SOFTWARE PROGRAM WHICH IS ALSO FREE ON THE INTERNET Ease of Use: SET UP WAS STRAIGHT FORWARD. INSTRUCTION MANUAL WAS OF LITTLE HELP. Quality: VERY WELL MADE Value: YES IT IS WORTH THE MONEY Overall: I AM HAPPY WITH THIS PRODUCT AND WOULD REPLACE IT IF NEEDED.

"if all you need is clean i/o for your laptop - this is it - but for musicians, no midi, no asio" submitted July 15, 2007

Music Style: rock/computer
Sound: sound is just fine Feature: has no features, but it is not supposed to many have said here "has no drivers". well, it actually uses the microsoft usb drivers that come with windows. this is NOT the way to go for people looking to do software instruments, for that you need asio drivers. comes with no software Ease of Use: plug it in, duh Quality: seems ok Value: nice and cheap The Wow Factor: this is great for laptops with crappy sound i/o builtin and you want something cheap Overall: great to replace laptop i/o no midi but you are stuck with windows drivers - too much latency for software instruments with midi

"Very simple product but does very well that one can expect from it." submitted May 21, 2010

Overall
Sound: Sounds absolutely clean to me. No buzz. Feature: No one. That's I wanted. Ease of Use: Just plug and play. Cannot be more simple. The sound is automatically switch from the sound card to the interface. Value: Unbeatable for the price

"USB1.1 = perfect. USB2.0 = hum!" submitted March 3, 2007

Musical Background: musician, transcriptionist, engineer, FM jock/newsman
Music Style: all
Sound: For some reason, it sounds find on the USB1.1 ports on my desktop, but when used on either USB2.0 port on my laptop, it sends an annoying hum that is above 60Hz and therefore can't be eliminated with your usual rumble filter. It didn't cost much but I wasn't expecting such a problem, especially considering the D-A SNR was listed as being >89dB! I was planning on using this for mobile recording, but now it's relegated to emergency duty. Ease of Use: A chimpanzee and an intern could figure this thing out. :-) Quality: It's a Behringer so it's well-built. It does what it does consistently, just not up to a high standard. Value: It is cheaper than most items that promise to do the same thing, and therefore is a reasonable bargain. Aside from the hum, or perhaps I should say in addition to it, it delivers great sound. Overall: I am already searching for another product to do what this one does -- but without hum in a USB2.0 port.

"The cheapest way to input some audio." submitted August 13, 2008

By a customer from yandex.ru
Overall
Musical Background: Keyboards, Record Engineering, Mixing and so on...
Music Style: Krautrock to industrial to disco
Sound: Accept only line level signals, so it's better to have some kind of mixerwith preamp to accompany - so you could record guitar or mic. Doesn't include limiter or something similar - so be carefull with levels - too much and you'll have nasty clipping (even I don't like it). Better the fidelity of incoming signal - the better result, I think every AD converter would add some static(it has no movement opposed to analog) to the sound (mostly because its hum/hissless) Feature: I give 5 because I hate RCA plugs, and probably hate them to the rest of my life - I tried to make 1/4 plugs , so i'd had to put it in the bigger enclosure, but during process i burned out little UCA. I really feel myself bad about that. But nonetheless i'll buy second one. Ease of Use: OK. If you just plug it you will get windows driver (wich is bad). SO you'll have to go the BEHR site and take their ASIO driver. When it came out i was almost crying. I could actually play with REAL 2 ms delay! ASIO4ALL - was liyng to me saying 64ms (actually its about 14ms with ASIO4ALL). Well , for waiting of new ASIO drivers i give 5. Quality: Its surisingly good built. The output level is good (thanks to the JRC386 amplifiers). Value: I bought it for 20$ (the UCA200 version). I really hope these guys have some left for 20$. If not - 50$ isn't that much to pay. Manufacturer Support: Haven't dealt with them. Though here its not the case when warranty will help. The Wow Factor: Neutral. If you want to make sound than it is very appealing. Overall: Only 2 channels in, 2 channels out. RCA plugs. Good ASIO.

"Complete folley" submitted February 27, 2007

Musical Background: Professional Sound Designer/DJ/Producer
Music Style: Funky/Progressive House/Breaks
Sound: Absolutely atrocious sound. While the signal maintains harmonic integriy, my immediate gripe is a signal flow issue. The RCA leads aren't properly grounded, resulting in signal interference and noise modulation... attempted with multiple RCA cables to no avail. I would rather haul my turntables and mixer inconveniently across the country to a ProTools box instead of using this. Feature: Theoretically, it has the features one needs. Ease of Use: I managed to plug in all the cables. As for getting results? None. Quality: It would have a qualty score if it actually sent audio into the computer for recording. Value: Biggest mistake of a purchase in my life. Manufacturer Support: Contacted Behringer...support was helpful, it failed the resolve the "no-input onto the computer system" issue. The Wow Factor: Giving it a 5 because cosmetically and ideally, it has the appeal. In implemenation however, it fails completely.

"killer" submitted December 20, 2010

Musical Background: somewhat serious musician
Music Style: electronic/ambient
Sound: sounds great, but i'm not audiophile. Feature: can't really say much bad stuff about this, though it would be nice to be able to route to the individual L/R outputs and headphones, rather than just a single stereo output and headphone monitor. that is, it'd be nice to see separate outputs for each one rather than having to pan the channels to achieve the same thing. when i'm not using it for live sound, i use it as my laptop's sound card so i can use optical out. works flawlessly in linux, which is totally awesome. Ease of Use: plugged in, worked first time in both windows and linux (actually better in linux) Quality: nothing wrong here -- i use it during band practice and live shows. holds up fine. Value: surprisingly awesome for $35. The Wow Factor: smaller than i thought.

"What's up with the positive reviews, this thing is junk" submitted March 5, 2008

By a customer from mrchumbers.com
Musical Background: Recording Engineer
Music Style: Electronic Dance Music
Sound: This thing is noisy. Just moving it around makes noise like a live mike. Feature: The headphone line out is not loud enough to do anything with. Ease of Use: Plug it in and it works Quality: Made extremely cheaply, like all Behringer products, but some of Behringer products actually do a decent job Value: Waste of $30.00 Manufacturer Support: I'm not going to bother to call. The Wow Factor: A small unit like this would be great if it was not so noisy. Overall: This thing is useless for anyone who cares about pro audio.

"Did not meet my needs" submitted June 11, 2012

Overall
Musical Background: Retired Broadcast Engineer. Using this product to add audio to video projects.
Overall: I used this product to convert audio from a DVD player to MP3 on my computer. Unfortunately, when I played it back from the conputer, the audio was distorted and unusable for my video project. I haven't given up on this project, but will need more time to add input pads or whatever is needed to get clean audio.

"Doesn't seem to be compatible with SL1 (Serato Scratch)" submitted May 25, 2012

By Down and Out in Mycity, GA
Musical Background: Turntables, guitar, and reason
Music Style: Electronic
Overall: I have a lenovo thinkpad E520 laptop. I bought this product because my laptop does not have a line in input. It suppose to be a headphones/mic dual port, but since it didn't work, i Purchased this product. Luckily it works if I am mixing vinyl records. But for some reason, the SL1 usb won't work concurrently with this USB card...which was my sole purpose of purchasing this item. Still trying to figure out a fix for this.

"Behringer UCA202 USB Audio Interface " submitted June 16, 2012

By Bob C in Summerville, SC
Musical Background: non professional musian
Music Style: NA
Overall: My main reason for this purchase was to help someone upgrade their laptop PC from a "mic only" input to a "line level" input. It wasn't until after everything was delivered and plugged in that we realized that this USB plug-In was mainly an extension for whatever you already had as a soundcard and not a replacement. Most tower type PC's with a soundcard have stereo miniature phone plugs for the line inputs and output. It seems that this device was built mainly to replace those connectors with the standard stereo phono line inputs and outputs. The entire device works perfectly and the on-board headphone connector is great, but if you're looking to replace your current soundcard "this won't do it", it just extends all the current properties of whatever soundcard you have, into it's own little box. Which means if you want to record a line level into a PC that only has a mic level input, after reducing your input level to about 1, your recording quality won't sound like you're expecting.

"USB audio interface replaced the need for the 3.5" audio jacks on my Mac G4 laptop." submitted October 5, 2008

Musical Background: Semi-pro drummer
Music Style: Rock, funk, soul, RB, jazz
Sound: Sounds great for what I need it for. Feature: Features are exactly what I needed - nothing more, nothing less. Ease of Use: Just plug it in and it works - can't get any easier. Quality: Solid. Value: The least expensive USB audio interface that I could find. Manufacturer Support: Being that I didn't needed any support, I can't comment on this. The Wow Factor: "I needed it". The 3.5mm jack wore out on my Mac G4. This product served a perfect solution to the problem.

When you call, mention priority code 161L-DLQH. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976