When you call, mention priority code 176R-0CVQ

Rating and Reviews: Behringer SX3242FX Mixer

With the Behringer SX3242FX, you'll have access to 32 channels that you can assign to 4 subgroups for easier mixing.

Overall

"Impressive feature set and sound quality for a couple of day's overtime pay." submitted October 30, 2008

Musical Background: active musician in semi-pro Christian rock band
Music Style: Christian contemporary..rock and souther rock styles.
Sound: There is no downside to the sound of this board. The preamps are transparent and quiet, special effects work great, plenty of headroom...everything you ask a mixer to do for your sound is there. Making vocals and instruments sound the way they go in is extremely important, and this board is that way. You can, however tweak everything to get whatever "version" of those sounds you want. Feature: It would be nice to have two more pre-fader sends, but at this price-point the existing feature set probably makes this too costly. By getting the 24 xlr versin, I create a third mix using the inserts to patch over to other unused channel line inputs. Then I assign those to a subgroup or two and not to the mains. The faders can be used to create the third or even fourth mix with some creative experimentation. Direct outs could be good, but the inserts can be used as d/o, and for me it's enough. Ease of Use: intuitive, well grouped controls. well written manual, although I have previouss mixer experience. I don't think anybody quite matches mackie in this department...user friendly manual, that is. Behringer Online support is there for any questions. I can't think of an easier way to add a subwoofer than to use this mono out with adjustable volume and adustable lpf...in conjuntion with the adjustable hpf on my behringer eq...unbelievable difference in the clarity and power requirements of my system from this one feature. Quality: everything is perfect out of the box. The controls are firm, with the faders the least firm, but very smoothe and controllable. The fit and finish is on a par with everybody else...just fine. I am not the least bit worried about the "horror stories" as they have simply become urban legend on the web. My own personal experience with behringer, and local music store information has laid all these stories to rest around here. How long will it last? I don't plan to throw it arouns, so I expect years of usage. Value: Hands down winner here. Nothing else is even close. You will find some used boards with more sends, but fewer channels, new boards with less of everything, any variation in-between. Pound-for-pound, dollar-for-dollar..this board has more of the typical weekend-warrior needs covered for less money. Manufacturer Support: I have never needed any supports except for simple questions...always a prompt, courteous response. The Wow Factor: It's gorgeous...maybe not exactly like the onyx is gorgeous. A little more of a retro-gorgeous. It is not, BTW a close cosmetic copy of the onyx if you are an observent person....a little siver here and there doen't make them look alike in my book. Overall: I have no inkling to look for a different mixer. I shopped for 6 months and did extensive research to determine if the internet babble on three very vocal forums was really the majority opinion. It is not. It is also not based on current information regarding behringer products or business practices. I bought this mixer because I am an educated consumer who knows what I want and what it's worth. My music sounds better, my bands needs are now met, and this mixer is a key ingredient. The common recommendation for a small mixer with 16 inputs and 6 sends is around $1000. That is simply not a player for many folks. Neither is a legitimate need or technical ability to use 6 sends. This board had 24 mono channels and so many routing options, a competent sound person will find the sends more than adequate for the weekend gig band. I'd replace it with another one...or add a 2442fx or some xenyx version if the need for a monitor board ever arose...that beside this would be capability well beyond any reality I see in my forseeable future.
103 of 105 people (98.1%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Budget or Not this is a GREAT Mixing Board" submitted September 12, 2011

Overall
Musical Background: Active Touring Musician, "Recording Engineer, Singer, Songwriter, Studio Musician
Music Style: New Country, Classic Rock
Sound: I was very very surprised with this board. The first thing I did was have a custom flight case made for it by Islandcases out of New York and is a great flight case. This board is absolutely underrated. I use Mackie, Yamaha and Soundcraft boards and this board is every bit as good. It has a lot of head room and I like the fact that you can assign the onboard graphic EQ to the auxiliary buses. We use along with this board DBX's Driveracks. AS with anything as long as you take care of it and don't beat it to death it should last a long time. Behringer has come a LONG way. The 24 xlr channels are plenty and the sound is very clear. The British EQ's work exceptionally well with the DBX DriveRacks EQ. The effects are adequate but in all honesty this board would be better without them, it's just one more thing to go wrong and that's with any unit. Feature: No accessories except for the power chord. As stated above the effects are adequate but the board would have been great without them as well. I do wish there were optional gooseneck lights that could be connected to it. Ease of Use: You will have to read up on this unit to get the best out of it. Quality: This board is well made. I'm starting to believe in Behringer products. I know their power amps are workhorses and absolutely great. That is the main reason I took a chance on this board. As long as it stays in it's case and not thrown around it will last a long time. It is nice and lightweight. It is road worthy and has been holding up. Value: I got it at an EXCEPTIONAL deal. It is worth what the website has it listed for. I would another one if needed. Manufacturer Support: I'm not rating it because I haven't had to use it. I do need to email them about a question I have so we'll see how it gets handled. The Wow Factor: really no sex appeal just a very good mixing board. Overall: I should be using this board for sometime. IF anything I would look for a bigger board. IF it were stolen I would buy another one just like it. Behringer add optional gooseneck lights!!!!lol
12 of 13 people (92.31%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"As good as it can be..." submitted March 19, 2009

By a customer from otenet.ge
Musical Background: Sound Engineer
Sound: Actually, all those who complain about Behringer's quality they don't have even a single DI for themselves, in most cases... They just "talking" and they are very sure that can accuse Behringer, because it's just a cheap one company and its very easy to say : "It's Behringer and thats why it's bad...". When they ask for me to rent them my PA system for a live gig, they want to have the Nexo PS15, a Midas mixer, Neumann mic's, etc, and they want to pay 150$ for one night... Well for all those "i know everything and i want the best" guys, i have to tell this : The last 2 years Behringer make some new models that they are REALLY good, just like the Xenyx series. I have 3 Yamaha's digital mixers and 2 Xenyxs and some times i prefer to work with the Xenyxs. I will never buy a Mackie, a Soundcraft, or whatelse insted of a Xenyx. Period. Feature: Everything is here. Many more features than others mixers in this category. Very good, very good, very good.... Ease of Use: If you know to work with a pro mixer, you don't have to take even a single look in the manual. Quality: As far as you power it on and still works it's just fine. Value: If you have psychologicall problems when viewing the Behringer's logo, on your gear, take this tag out and put a Mackie one on. Then you gonna have it all... Overall: I want to pay and buy something that will work fine and give me back some money. I don't want to pay Mackie's new factory, or the brand new Ferrari of Mida's chief president... After all they are all machines, it's not the meaning of life.
57 of 64 people (89.06%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"It's a MONSTER" submitted June 18, 2012

By Patrick Holzworth in Idaho Falls, ID
Overall
Musical Background: Jam with the buddies, and record in my home studio
Music Style: Acoustic/Tape Electronic/Dubstep/Techno/Club Rock/Metal
Overall: This mixer works great, I'm picking up the features pretty quick, but theres still a TON that I have to learn. I bought this mixer for my studio, and I havent gotten to use it much with an entire band yet, but that will come later this year. So far I'm very happy with it. The knobs feel nice and firm, the sliders not quite as firm but still not bad at all. The buttons work well, and the effects processors do their job. the sound is really good with my rocket 5 studio monitors, and the whole thing is very quiet.

"Great board" submitted April 24, 2012

By Linda T in Drumright, OK
Overall
Musical Background: Been playing one type or another for about 45 years. Some piano/keyboard, trumpet, guitar, bass. Play at church now.
Music Style: Christian, praise and worship mostly
Overall: The only thing I do not like about this board is it does not have monitor controls for individual channels. If I would have known that I would have went up a step. It wasn't clear about that and the picture wasn't large enough to see that by looking. Would really like to trade for the 3200.

"Beginners piece of Gear.. Garage bands welcome..." submitted October 1, 2009

Overall
Musical Background: 17 years active musician and sound engineer.
Music Style: Any and all.
Sound: If you are a pro audio guy, like i am.. This thing is junk. if you are a young band looking for something to get you through. this will work well for you. Feature: The built in effects are good to have. don't sound too bad. The pre-amps suck! you have to push it to the limits if you are a loud music group. Ease of Use: Easy to hook up and use. not a whole lot of Aux outs, but for a small venue, it would work. Quality: It is a disposible piece of gear. It's cost is great, but repairs cost more than just replacing it. Use kid gloves with this unit. Value: The price is right for a toy... cause that is all this is. Learn on it and move on. Manufacturer Support: What support!

When you call, mention priority code 176R-0CVQ. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976