When you call, mention priority code 156T-4WR9

Rating and Reviews: Behringer SRC2496

Sample rate and bit depth discrepancies? No problem. Combine multiple digital sources seamlessly with the SRC2496 format converter from Behringer.

"You cannot go wrong with this!" submitted July 22, 2006

Music Style: b band, country
Sound: The sound quality for this unit is awesome considering its price tag. It has much better sound quality (a much lower noise floor) than I have ever been able to get with a high quality computer sound card. Feature: The entire unit as a whole is a 'swiss-army' knife. Have not used the emphasis though. The SCMS removal is nice - it allows old consumer DAT-tapes to be redubbed. Analog RCA Inputs and outputs would be nice to add though. Ease of Use: Use two of them back-to-back to send 2-channel stereo SPDIF audio through a building's CAT5 Ethernet cabling without picking up any AC hum or distortion. Very easy to use - no learning curve needed. Plug it in and your done. Quality: Ask me that a year from now. The unit seems to be well made - has solid extruded aluminum rack mounts that will hold the unit securely in a rack. The buttons and switches seem like they will hold up. Value: It's a great price thats affordable for starting musicians, which I believe that it's perfectly priced for this group of people who are most likely to buy this kind of equipment. The Wow Factor: Easy to understand and use. Did not buy it for looks, but it's LED layouts and controls are easy to see and use. Overall: I can't see A/D - D/A conversion ever growing obsolete, especially with it's low noise floor. I wish I knew about this unit earlier.

"Clean sound, good features, at a good price" submitted June 21, 2004

Music Style: Mostly spoken word
Sound: The ADC section is quite clean and flat sounding, with a low noise floor. Feature: It might occassionally be nice to have standard unbalanced inputs like RCA or TS. Otherwise its got all the features I can imagine needing. Quality: Although I have heard others claim that Behringer's products are not reliable in their first release, I have never had anything go wrong with this or the other Behringer product that I own. Value: This is a good value. The clean sound and the extensive features are pretty impressive given the price tag. Manufacturer Support: Don't know how their support is because I never needed it. The Wow Factor: This is a practical unit that solves problems with different sampling rates, and converts to and from digital. It's not the kind of thing that has sex appeal. You buy it for its features. Overall: For a lot more money you can probably get a slight increase in dynamic range, a tiny bit less jitter, etc. But for anything less than a perfectionist, this is a great product at a great price, and I've been happily using it to make recordings.
12 of 13 people (92.31%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Value, Features, Awesome Sound- 10 overall EASY." submitted August 31, 2006

Overall
Musical Background: keyboards, studio and live recording novice
Music Style: anything but rap and tekNO
Sound: Best sound-to-dollar ratio DAC in the world? Maybe. It does sound every bit as good as a Benchmark DAC1 even when driven with a cheezy S/PDIF signal from a cheezy consumer sound card. I'm impressed. I really didn't expect this much performance for the price. Feature: It does everything. DAC, ADC, SRC, digital patchbay- And the connectivity leaves me wanting nothing. It even has a decent, though not great headphone pre. I don't know of another product that has this feature set and all of this connectivity. Ease of Use: Some of the lights and buttons could have been labeled with better, more appropriate and intuitive terms, but I'm used to it. Took about a day for me to be 100% confident in using it, now it's a no-brainer and I use it with zero lag on my part. Quality: It's typical behringer, of course. Dubious chinese build quality all the way. Cheesy connectors, case and controls. I wouldn't want to depend on it for a mission critical project, but for my own home use I'm 100% satisfied..As long as it doesn't catch on fire! Value: I'd give it a 12 here. Again, nothing else I know of does all this for 10X the price. Manufacturer Support: I've had it a week, haaven't needed support. The Wow Factor: No sex appeal IMO. Again, it's typical Behringer. But the practicality and features made me want it and now that it's here, I'd never want to let it go...Well, when better chips come out I'll sell it. Overall: I still can't believe it retails for $129 and Behringer AND the retailer both make proffit. Amazing.

"Behringer SRC2496 Ultramatch Pro" submitted April 22, 2012

By Jim L
Overall
Sound: It's completely silent. Feature: It gets the DA/AD out of my PC. Ease of Use: It's a little tricky to set up sometimes. It has forgotten its settings once in a while after a power cycle. But I usually set it and forget it. Quality: It's never given me any reason to doubt its quality. Value: Worth every penny. Manufacturer Support: Never had to deal with it. The Wow Factor: Prevents your recordings from sounding like a complete amateur. Overall: I've had this for several years, and it is great. It's totally silent, and totally reliable.

"Pro Dac" submitted October 31, 2006

Musical Background: Sound tech at my church and general audiophile
Music Style: Eccletic
Sound: The best I've heard so far... big step above my soundcard Feature: Great features but I wish it had rca outs Ease of Use: Pretty straight forward Quality: Heave duty metal construction Value: Considering it used to be $400 and now is $129 great deal Manufacturer Support: good thorough manual The Wow Factor: Definately looks impressive matched up with my tube amp Overall: Great deal one of my best audio purchases

"If it is digital audio in stereo, the SRC2496 can do it" submitted January 29, 2009

Overall
Sound: No difference to highend contenders... Feature: so many features in one slim module. awesome Ease of Use: The manual is crap, should be rewritten from scratch. Better to not read it and just start using: operation explains itself after several trial-and-error sessions Quality: The only minor quirk: mine gets switched on by an external power switch and sometimes resets some of its previously stored settings (like: digital input chosen last time used) Value: no alternative on the market Manufacturer Support: Not needed... The Wow Factor: I wanted it - and I own it

Behringer SRC2496 Customer Review submitted October 17, 2003

By a customer from si.rr.com
Music Style: Contemporary Christian
Sound: Gain can be adjusted for analog, but cannot cut/boost for digital. If digital signal is high, a little distortion may be introduced. I don't particularly find the "emphasis" all that useful, but your mileage may vary. It's probably more intended for analog; I should read the manual. Feature: Top ratings because it does what it is advertised to do; nothing more, nothing less. Quality: No wall-warts. This will stay in a rack in the studio. I cannot attest to its durability on the road, although I don't know why anyone would take it with them. Value: For digital-only connections, you'll get more features than the only other item in the price range, the ART DI/O. Manufacturer Support: Haven't needed it, but I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt. However, I wish I didn't have to pay internation postage for the registration card. The Wow Factor: Behringer products look ... like Behringer products. Surprisingly, aesthetically much better than the older SRC2000. Of course, not even close to t.c. electronic in visual appeal, but it does what it is supposed to. Overall: I'll use this until it burns out.
15 of 16 people (93.75%) found this review helpful. Did you?

When you call, mention priority code 156T-4WR9. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976