When you call, mention priority code 1569-2CHZ

Rating and Reviews: Behringer Q802USB Mixer

Save money (and desk space) with the Behringer Q802USB. Two mic preamps plus USB output to your computer makes this mixer ideal for desktop recording setups.

"Behringer Q802USB Mixer" submitted January 5, 2014

By John V in CHICAGO, IL
Overall
Musical Background: 40 years Pro. Multi-instruments, vocalist , drummer, keys & composer.
Music Style: Progressive.
Overall: Great little mixer I can take anywhere. Good controls and works great with my Condenser Mic. Great price. Even better, zZounds' shipped so fast I forgot I order it. Great work folks, thanks!!!!!!

"Excellent Mixer for the price" submitted February 21, 2013

By Ebiros A in Hayward, CA
Musical Background: 10+ years guitar, keyboard, drums, jam at home
Music Style: Jazz, Rock, Latin
Overall: This was a perfect mixer to get my home studio organized. I have (believe it or not) three computers hooked up to this mixer. I needed a way to organize connecting all my home studio device with the ease of using an analog mixer. I use MOTU's Ultralite for my sound card driving Logic on my Mac. MOTU by itself is a mixer, but you have to go through the computer to control just about everything. That was horribly inefficient to do simple things (like tone and volume out of my monitor speaker). I have limited real estate on my desktop, so I couldn't get a big mixer in there. This notepad sized mixer was a perfect solution. Now everything is very easy to control. It sounds simple, but I have about 40 wires going back and forth between various devices. Just for organizing the wires, this mixer was heaven sent. I use all its inputs in the following way:Mic 1 -> Condenser MicMic 2 -> Mic 2 or Zoom G2.1U guitar pedal inputch3 & 4 -> MOTU Ultralite outputCh 5 & 6 -> Computer 2 audioUSB -> Computer 3 input/outputTape In -> extra CD player input (when you don't want to use computer CD drive)Output 1 -> Monitor speaker and subwooferOutput 2 -> Goes back to MOTU's inputPhone Out -> Goes to drive loudspeaker measurement hardwareFX Loop -> Goes to Lexicon Multi FXNow tell me if you can organize all this in a limited note pad sized space with anything else other than this. And you can imagine what a nightmare it would be to easily have everything connected in an organized way without it.The extra bonus is that the new mic preamp on this mixer really seems to sound good. Behringer has been saying, for a long time that their preamp is extra special super quality, and we used to laugh about it. But when I connected my condenser mic to this, I was shocked at how full, and bold it sounded. It's definitely few notches above my old Behringer mixer that I bought 10 years ago, and also Mackie that I have. I used to have Protools LE, and even compared to those, this mic preamp is good. I'm not sure if this was due to good matching with my microphone, but it's recommended that you try it out.The other channels are clear, but nothing to write home about. It quietly does its job, and is about what you expect from a hardware of this price range..When I got my mixer, I heard something was sliding inside the casing. I took the screws off, and removed the side panel to find out that an insulation glued on to either the chassis or the PCB that came loose and was sliding around. I removed it, and the mixer is working fine (probably until something hits its underside).I haven't played around with USB too much so far, so I can't comment on it except that it's working fine on the playback. When I get more usage, I'll write another review.I'm eternally grateful to Behringer for coming up with variety of mixer formats. Just look around, and you see what I mean. There isn't anything like this on the market, especially at this price. It was the nail in the coffin for my project studio, and I'm sure there are thousands more usage for it.Unbelievably good mixer for the price with surprisingly good mic preamp, and is recommended for anyone who's space or budget is limited.

"Not satisfactory" submitted November 29, 2012

By B F
Overall
Overall: I bought this mixer because it seemed like the cheapest way to get a USB audio adapter for my computer that had gain control on input and output, phantom power for a condensor mic, and a level meter. This mixer, minimally, provides all this but was ultimately not satisfactory. I ended up using a Behringer UCA222 in conjunction with my old Behringer MX802A mixer.Here are some general comments:o The overall frequency response, headroom and signal to noise levels are to a first approximation no better or worse than my several-years-old Behringer MX802A mixer -- The fancy new "Xenyx preamp" branding notwithstanding.o Via USB you at any time can either send audio TO or receive audio FROM the computer, but not both at the same time.o There are only four meter LEDs per channel which is barely enough to be useful if properly calibrated -- but they're not. When outputting the main mix to the computer via USB, the USB data starts clipping when the level is only part way through the third, yellow, LED's range. This is bad. It shouldn't clip unless the fourth, red LED is lit.o When you turn on the receiving of audio from the computer via USB there's a distinctly higher level of background noise present at the main output.o There is no power switch. You turn it on/off by plugging/unplugging the power cord into the back of the unit, and the pins on the connectors are hard to line up.

"Works ok under the narrow conditions in which it actually works" submitted December 12, 2012

Overall
Overall: Granted this was a cheap device but I had purchased Behringer products in the past and considered them to be of high value/low cost . I wrongly assumed this device was more than it was. Some key specs were left out of the product literature and while the hardware still seemed decent for the price, the drivers were hardly usable. To enumerate the problems I have had: * The device is 16-bit, though this was not specified on Behringer's site or any of the online retailers pages. * The device is USB 1.1, though this is also not specified. * The default Windows USB Audio Codec drivers produced cracking at any acceptable latency when combined with ASIO4all v2 driver. * The official Behringer WDM driver when combined with ASIO4all v2 decently low latency, but occasionally the audio would become momentarily distorted (once every 20 minutes or so). * The official Behringer ASIO driver works perfectly at 5ms output latency, but Windows (non-ASIO) audio crackle and pop if the device is left at this setting after exiting my DAW. * When operated with ASIO4all, the device is only available to windows meaning you can run only one ASIO application and sound through windows is unavailable. Granted this is a limitation of the Windows driver model and how ASIO4all operates with it, but I figure this is worth mentioning since Behringer links to this driver from its drivers download page. * The official ASIO drivers do not allow many parameters to be tweaked. Cannot choose number of buffers and buffer sizes are only select-able in a predefined list. ASIO bit depth is hardcoded to 32 bit. * There is no manual available, only a quickstart guide although the quickstart guide refers you to the manual for more information. * When I voiced some of these complaints to Behringer I was told that they couldn't help me, but they would let the guys in China know. I did go through the normal troubleshooting process of choosing high performance power settings in windows, removing old drivers, turning off cpu power management, stopping unnecessary services etc., trying different usb ports and removing all but essential usb devices. All of the above issues were experienced in Windows 7 64-bit on a moderately spec'd machine: Quad core phenom II @ 3Ghz w/4GB DDR2 ram.

When you call, mention priority code 1569-2CHZ. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976