When you call, mention priority code 160N-WXQY

Rating and Reviews: Behringer PMP6000 Mixer

Power your PA system for less with the Behringer PMP6000. With 12 mic preamps, onboard effects and feedback detection, it's one feature-packed powered mixer.

"Researched and Fulfilled" submitted March 9, 2011

Musical Background: Active Musician and Engineer
Music Style: Rock, Alternative, Country, Oldies
Sound: I am impressed! We use about 13 of the channels for vocals,keyboard and pedal steel. So far, the EQ on the individual channels has been all we've needed. I leave the Graphic EQ set flat. Never been able to do that before. There is lots of output. My speakers are old 8ohm cabs and there is still lots of volume. I use one channel for mains and the other for monitors and it works great. We play a very diverse range of music and I'm pleased to say that this board seems to cover it all well. Feature: There just seems to be all the buttons and knobs that are necessary for all we would need. I was worried when I read some reviews about the on-board effects. So far, I'm finding everything we need. I'm pleased to say that it all works well. Ease of Use: The layout is staight-forward and the colors used to separate the different sends are easy to see but not obnoxious. I really like the switch for going from mono to left-right channels and the speaker matching feature is cool. Quality: This is the second piece of Behringer gear I own. It was perfect out of the box. All the knobs and controls feel solid and the same. No changes from one channel to another,etc. I've pushed it pretty hard so far and it still works. I hope it lasts a long time as it does what I expect out of it. Value: The 700watt power amp that I replaced with this purchase, cost more used than this whole unit! Manufacturer Support: I've never needed any repairs done yet but I did have a question and they got right back to me with an answer. The Wow Factor: As I mentioned before, the colors and the lay-out are great. Not sexy or flashy, just easy and usable. Overall: Being able to use 2 effects at the same time, sent to mains and/or monitors, separate Graphic EQ's for mains and/or monitors was why I bought this model. I won't be for want of a different unit for the foreseeable future.
62 of 64 people (96.88%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Behringer PMP6000" submitted February 27, 2013

By ed soward in louisville, KY
Musical Background: PROFESSIONAL MUSICAN 40+ YRS
Music Style: EVERYTHING
Overall: i purchased this mixer and it worked and sounded great. i was using powered mains, not the internal power amp. when i went to use the internal power amp, for my monitors, only the A side worked? Nothing would come out of the B side. I researched further, and read a whole lot of negative reviews, about this problem & Behringer's Quality control. I took mine to my favorite nearby music store, and they fixed the problem INSTANTLY! In order for ther internal power amp to run 4 monitors @ 4 ohms, you have to "trick" the mixer. Insert a jumper from L power amp insert to A monitor send, then do the same thing on the B side. Now i have all 1600 watts pushing my 4 monitors, using the internal power amp. Quick fix & only cost $10 for the jumper cords. I was ready to ship it back, because i thought the mixer was defective. The way Behringer designed this unit, they want YOU to buy an External power amp! NO NEED TO FOR THAT. PROBLEM SOLVED. I hope this helps out any further folks stumbling on this problem.

"Musicians on a budget, that need a PA. Get This" submitted August 15, 2010

Musical Background: active musician, Recording Engineer
Music Style: Rock, Alternative, Metal,
Sound: The Preamps on this unit are fantastic. They are clean and give alot of headroom. Being the singer, It's important to me for the words to get across in live situations. For fun, we hooked this up and recorded live, just some musical ideas. Put a mic in front of each guitar cabinet and vocal. The PFL button. (pre fader level) helped me achieve a very clean sound without clipping. The effects are useable, it will take a little bit of time to dial in the effects for your situation. Feature: This thing is full of features. If you dont like the built in effects, you can run outboard effects. The Overall EQ is decent. No it is not a 32 band eq. It's 7. It's enough to dial in a better overall sound. The Stereo imaging feature was very nice. Also love that this unit has the behringer speaker processor. In case youre mains can't handle lows very well. Feedback kill function works mice as well. Ease of Use: Well, great sound is all in the listener's ears. It didnt' take me much time at all. Read the manual, then hook it up. I ran 2 mains in stereo at 8ohms. This was loud enough to compete with a drummer, 2 guitar players and a bass player. For drums, either get another small board, or run 3 mics. 2 overhead, one of the kick. The sound from this thing was just unreal. Very good. Quality: Product seems well built. no blemishes, cosmetics are ok. I plan on using this on the road...but a case is something I need to invest in. Value: For the price range, this is the most xlr inputs I could find. I needed a power amp or a powered mixer. This this fits my needs well. After shopping for several months, I decided on this unit. It allows the opportunity to grow as money and maturity allow. (you can add another power amp, you can add outboard effects or eq. It even has an out for a sub, with a built in limiter. I would have liked to see the build in compressor in this unit, but it has a lot of features that are useable. Took no time in getting used to the layout. Manufacturer Support: haven't contacted them. The Wow Factor: It looks decent. Sex appeal...well if red and orange get you off you're gonna love it. Sitting in our rehersal space, yes it is pretty impressive. Overall: This thing should last a long time. It's class d amp technology, I don't understand how it works, but it does. This machine ran for 10 hours straight and stayed cool to the touch. fans are quiet. the standby button is a very nice feature. (kills sound to all channels) I love this thing. If you can't get a good sound with it, then you don't know what you're doing. I would buy it again if stolen. Behringer gets a bad rap, while it is true thier earlier stuff had some quality control issues, this is the second piece of gear I have bought from them, and it works very well.
81 of 85 people (95.29%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Excellent Mixer" submitted May 21, 2012

By Rich B in Wasilla, AK
Overall
Musical Background: Playing Guitar for about 30 years. Leading music and worship at church for about 20 years
Music Style: Christian, rock
Overall: I am very happy with this mixer. I had it up, plugged in, and running our worship team in just a few minutes. We've had it over a month and have zero issues with the mixer. At this point I would rate it as excellent. I am hoping for some longevity with this and don't see why I won't get it.

"If you want quality and power-this is it!" submitted August 29, 2011

Musical Background: Sound Tech
Sound: I work with a lot of different boards and very much like the features on this one. I like the multiple effects and the ability to tune each channel seperately. The power is great since I do as much outside work as inside. Also works well in the studio. Feature: The effects are great. I really like the feedback indicators built into the equilizer. Great power. I would put it up against any of the higher priced brands. Ease of Use: Learning the effects and how to adjust them was a little difficult without a manuel. Quality: Seems to be well constucted. Had one button cracked when I unpacked it with no visable package damage. Value: Very much worth the money. Definitely equal or better than higher priced models. The Wow Factor: Looks good. Differing colors on control knobs allows for quick identification.

"Great mixer" submitted March 26, 2014

By T K in Winston Salem, NC
Musical Background: DJ for 20 years
Music Style: All
Overall: I have had this for a few years it is still going strong!! I will buy again when the time comes.

"great buy!" submitted January 16, 2014

By Michelle m in Wilton, ME
Musical Background: drums, vocals 18 years
Music Style: Rock, blues, country
Overall: Everything you need and more for a friendly price! The power section is a tad overdone on the spec sheet but still powerful enough for a small band!

"Warning, PMP 6000 is not 1600 Watts." submitted September 2, 2011

Music Style: Blues, Jazz and Rock
Sound: It sounds great when it works. Had this product less that 6 months, in less than a week Channel 1 had some issues. Then it sounded like my speakers were distorting. I rebuilt them totally with high quality selenium drivers. And it sounded awesome. I decided to put some serious horns in my cabinets. And it still sounded great with everything at unity gain. Then all of the sudden melt down. Feature: This product has almost everything you could want for a mixer. Ease of Use: Interface is intuitive but the effect processors could have better readouts Quality: It appears out of the box well made. But the knobs are cheaper plastic and can come off. I would definitely get a case of some kind to protect it. Additionally the advertising states this is a 1600 watt board. If you run it like most it's 800 watts at best 400 per side. So to me that is less than half of the rated power. What small band is going to run this thing in bridge mode? Value: It's ok but not great! Manufacturer Support: Initially it all seemed pretty nice, however took two weeks before the repair shop could even look at my board, then Behringer has the part on backorder, that tells me that these things are dying left and right. I have been without my board for over a month now and my band has lost out on numerous gigs. If you are a local band playing clubs every weekend DO NOT buy this product. Man I wish I had my Mackie gear again. Overall: I'm looking now.

"Not enough power" submitted August 28, 2013

By Maynor V
Musical Background: Pro
Music Style: Latin/Salsa
Overall: Great mixer, however I would advise you on buying Extra amps or just buy a regular mixer with no amp built in and buy the Amps separately, I have a Salsa Band, 13-15 Channels working, trust me, this did not cut it, I'm buying a regular Behringer and 2 Amps to power my speakers and subwoofer,

Behringer PMP6000 Mixer Customer Review submitted January 1, 2011

By a customer from cox.net
Music Style: World
Sound: My wife and friends had purchased this unit with great expectations from another retailer for me for my birthday. It was sadly disappointing. For such a "powerful" unit it put out about 30 watts of power. I called Behringer 2 times and got "techno speak" from someone that told me that digital output was different from analog. I had compared it to my Fender Passport unit that put our far superior sound. I brought the unit to a sound engineer to look it over and he said that it was sorely deficient and putting out according to specifications. Behringer did not offer any substantive help and deflected an inquiry. I ended up returning the merchandise back and getting a complete refund. I also spoke with other musicians that had the same issue with their Behringer powered mixers, so I know it was not a fluke. Caveat Emptor! Feature: The unit was defective and the manufacturer was completely uninterested.

"very sorry, pmp6000 behringer" submitted January 31, 2013

By stephen kirby in coward, SC
Overall
Musical Background: been playing lead guitar for 35 years, also drummer and bass player
Music Style: gospel
Overall: I bought this unit new and A little over a year later it stopped working, now the lights just flash on it, nothing else. its hard to get any parts for it , what the heck, manuel is a peace of crap. now I have a $6 hundred peace of junk. I will never again own anything with the behringer name on it, by the way, it comes from germany. no one around here can fix it. dont buy this unit. it sucks.

"Disapointed" submitted July 18, 2013

By Dan Avery in Pocahontas, AR
Overall
Musical Background: I've been pickin' and grinnin' since about age 11. I pastor a little church and play the guitar during praise and worsip.
Music Style: Christian
Overall: I've had buyers remorse ever since. I was hoping to save money because of the price difference between this and Peavey. All I've had is trouble and for the second time in less than two years of having it, I'm without sound again. I had forgotten about how impossible it is to get ahold of the warranty department until just now after waiting for over 20 minutes then finally giving up and leaving a callback number. Like the last time, I don't expect a call any time soon.

When you call, mention priority code 160N-WXQY. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976