When you call, mention priority code 172S-XZRZ

Rating and Reviews: Behringer PMP1280S Mixer

1,200-Watt 10-Channel Powered Mixer with Dual Multi-FX Processor and FBQ Feedback Detection System

"Great Powered Mixer!" submitted August 19, 2007

By a customer from nktelco.net
Musical Background: Active Musicians
Music Style: Country
Sound: I play in a 2 man band and this is very impressive for the money. I have hooked up a whole band and it performed like a gem! Feature: Effects are okay at best. Ease of Use: This is dummy proof! Quality: Good and solid, light weight. I keep it very protected as its only a plastic case. Value: Well worth the money! Manufacturer Support: You have to send it away! Need more local techs! Overall: I knew what I was buying and I could not be more pleased!
31 of 33 people (93.94%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"PMP1280S" submitted December 10, 2012

By K Taber in Goleta, CA
Overall
Musical Background: Guitar bass keys vox 46 years in it and still kicking!
Music Style: Blues, R&B, R&R, classic rock, alt rock
Overall: Bought my PMP1280S 2 years ago and have used it a bunch with good results. It drives 2 x 8ohm mains and 4 x (even 6) 8ohm floor monitors - doesn't fade or heat up. I've pushed it hard a couple times with no issues, performance was superb. Thinking of a PMP1680 next - same thing with more output power. I want that !

"True Plug & Play" submitted June 15, 2009

Music Style: Country - Southern Rock
Sound: The sound is accurate, Crisp. clear. Feature: Happy with the effects but could have a few more usable effects for live use Ease of Use: Easy to Use Quality: I have had mine for over a year and am very happy with it. Value: For the price you cant beat it Manufacturer Support: Haven't Need it The Wow Factor: I would buy another Overall: I know there are much more priced units out there but for the price you cant get much better than this

"Power & features to spare without breaking the bank." submitted February 3, 2010

Musical Background: "Active Musician",
Music Style: Acoustic Folk
Sound: The sound quality from this amp is just perfect for me. I'm waiting for new speakers (From Seismic Audio) so have been using it with my 100Watt Puncheads. I know my old speakers well and they sounded better than ever with this amp. The option of using two effects is a real bonus for a folksinger like myself. A touch of "Ambiance" and a little "Room Noise" combine to give a very nice small theatre sound. I won't be using any other effects, I'm afraid so you'll have to get others' opinions about those. I've been plodding along with a Yorkville MP8 for about the last 10 years and before that a small Kustom PA. Both were good to me but this is the best yet. Feature: Dual Effects are a real plus and separate EQ for the monitors is another. Stereo sound is also available in this unit as well as "Tape In" & "Out". There's a Mute button which cuts everything off but the "Tape In" and this came in handy right away. Other effects with regard to Feedback & Voice cancelling will probably come in handy at some point but not a big deal for me. There are so many ways I could find to run extra, powered speakers/monitors from this PA. (Tape out, L&R stereo out, Monitor.) Ease of Use: This day and age there is no real challenge to laying things out in a sensible manner but having said that, I struggle constantly with the Xenyth 1204 FX and have never quite figured it out. No such problem with this unit though. Everything is right where you'd expect it and no guessing to do. None of the LEDs are so bright as to obscure my view and there are zero switches on the back. Don't let the Speakon cables put you off, by the way. They are easy to come by and pretty slick too. Quality: I bought this model rather than one of the wedge mixer amps, for practical reasons. It's meant for throwing into the van and then sits on a table next to my water when I'm playing. So a cube mixer with a rim around the face to protect the knobs is the only way to go. None of the knobs protrude and the power chord comes off. This should stand up well but I'll keep my old amp and speakers for markets and outdoor gigs. Value: This thing is excellent value. Manufacturer Support: I have dealt with Behringer in the past and they actually won me over with their customer service. This time around I have been dealing with Ben O., online for some advice on which speakers to use. He was extremely helpful. I see Behringer matching this with 8 Ohm, 250 Watt RMS Behringer speakers. That's asking a lot of this amp. I've ordered a pair of 4 Ohm, 300 Watt speakers and at 8 Ohm, I wouldn't go over 200 Watts. Remember these numbers. This amp provides 2 X 215 Watts RMS at 8 Ohms. & 2 X 450 Watts RMS at 4 Ohms. You can daisy chain the 8's but you can't daisy chain the 4 Ohm speakers with this amp. The Wow Factor: This looks, feels, performs just as any mixer amp should. It's a tool. Overall: I thought I'd love it forever but I see they have a PMP 1680 "COMING SOON". I'm hoping to use it for ten years or so. I don't see anything comparable in this price range so I'd probably buy another if this one was stolen. Hope this helps Jim Lad ♫

"THE PMP 1280 is a top of the line power mixer" submitted April 1, 2009

By a customer from usatoday.com
Overall
Musical Background: Active Musician.Recording Engineer, Hobbyist.
Music Style: R&B, Jazz, Go Go pocket beats
Sound: Great sound out of this power mixer. The 2 600 Watt amps at 4ohms is off the charts. I run 4 JBL JRX115 from these and they scream out clear and consise sound. This is my second review as I have had them for a year now. Lets just say I have made my money back recording bands and providing live sound. With this alone Im able to hook up a whole 12 man band and every one gets sound. Be sure you know your OHMS as two 8ohm speakers are read at 4ohms in the amp which then provides more power. Thats why I bought another pair of the JRX115 because they rate just right for this system. Feature: I like the FX1 and FX2 and you can use it simultaneously also you can use it on the monitor mix. I wish it had a head phone out so that can you the mix right from the headphones. It gives good FX to guitars. My bass amp head fuzzed out so I just plugged this amp into the 4x10 and got great sound out of it. Its hard plastic but I'd buy a rack for it if your a mobile sound guy. Ease of Use: Very easy to use. I didnt read the manual when I opened it. I just kept working with it to find what I wanted to know. Quality: Very well made...I was giggin with it every Friday for 7 months straight and experience no problems at all. I have depended on this while gigging so yeah it holds up and provides massive power to my PA monitors or the mains as I have used it in a medium size club with over 200 people. Value: I'd by one again or get another one with more channels. I love having the power and mixer all in one. But my rig is growing I may use this for my small scale gigs soon. Manufacturer Support: Havent needed them. I have a behringer tech in my area. The Wow Factor: After a year I still want her Overall: I will always be satisfied with the pmp 1280, its been my source of income from DJ-ing, Providing Live PA services for conferences, parties, club events. I've even mic'd a 11 piece band with it, two guitars acoustic and electic lead a bass, some electic drums, 2 keyboards with 5 singers. This system had them all coming in clean and I ran a aux audio out to my cd and recorded them on the spot. I love this thing!!!
15 of 16 people (93.75%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Nice Power Mixer" submitted June 9, 2008

By a customer from usatoday.com
Overall
Musical Background: Active Musician.
Music Style: R&B, Jazz, Go Go pocket beats
Sound: I dont know what others are talking about I run my JBL 115 two loudspeakers at 250 watts apeice is great power for small to medium sized rooms. Feature: Standard High, Mid, Low controls the FX are good I like the echo effects plus it has two effect knob channells so you can blend the FX from FX1 and FX2, each channel has the FX1 and FX2 knobs. The voice canceller will save you hundreds on Karaoke cd's as it takes out the voice of the singer/singers with ease. Ease of Use: Um plug it in the back apply the speakon cables and your done. But read the manual for help. Quality: first powered mixer ever and Im in love. I wish it had more FX options but hey its easy and I dont need much effects I like the echo for talking purposes and I made my wife sound like a singer the other day with some FX working with her. Value: Im green in this area I dont know how much value but I will say its totally valuable to my set up. Manufacturer Support: These guys are good at zzounds but I have never had to contact the overseas behringer guys. The Wow Factor: Plastic but at least hard plastic, looks like a real deal when turned on. Overall: It does what I want its very effective for my needs.
11 of 12 people (91.67%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"PMP1280S with distortion included...very bad" submitted August 7, 2007

Overall
Musical Background: Sound Technitian / Musician (Drum)
Sound: High Frequency with distortion.....i very disappointed with Behringer equipment. Feature: no comments Ease of Use: all the console of this type is easy to use Quality: Bad Quality.....is very difficult obtain a good sound even with cd Music Value: bad Manufacturer Support: i don´t know The Wow Factor: please they do not buy it, nor by the price Overall: pufff

When you call, mention priority code 172S-XZRZ. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976