When you call, mention priority code 1ZR-LGS3

Rating and Reviews: Behringer NU6000 Amp

This lightweight, super-efficient power amp pushes out a massive 2 x 3000 Watts into 4 Ohms or 2 x 1500 Watts into 8 Ohms -- for an equally light price tag.

"Great value so far" submitted February 5, 2015

By John O in Jamestown, NY
Overall
Musical Background: Guitar player for 30 years, theatrical and touring audio engineer for 15
Music Style: 80's pop/rock in my band, everything from ballet to rock 'n' roll shows in the theater
Overall: My PA system is a tri-amped set of EV-MT cabinets running in stereo. When the sub amp started failing, I began looking for a replacement. The old amp was under-powered for our subs (each cabinet is loaded with 2 EVX-180B 1000w drivers in parallel, but the amp was only rated 1250w RMS @ 4 Ohm per channel), so I also took the opportunity to look for an amp that more closely matched the system capability. After lots of painstaking research, I finally decided on the Behringer iNuke NU6000.I was a little apprehensive at first, because I've owned Behringer gear in the past and haven't had much luck with it. They seem to be working hard to change their "disposable gear" reputation though, and after a problem with a bad batch of diodes in their initial production run (not Behringer's fault), the iNuke series has been getting consistently good reviews. The review at http://forum.speakerplans.com/behringer-inuke-nu6000-vs-kam-kxd7200-bench-tested_topic69202.html is what convinced me it's a decent amp. Plus, given the fact that the next closest amp with similar specs was twice the price and I'm a broke musician, I had to give Behringer another shot.I received the amp quickly (gotta love how quickly zZounds gets stuff out the door) and got it hooked up. It's not a good-looking amp by any means - it's bubbly and bright and clashes with everything else in the rack - but that isn't really important. What IS important is its performance, and so far, it has been great. I've got nearly double the headroom that I had with the old amp, it sounds good, it runs cool, and weighs next to nothing (it knocked almost 60 pounds out of my rack).The bottom line is that as long as it holds up to touring life, this is a good amp at a great price, and is worth checking out.

"I'm officially a believer in Class D!!!" submitted May 28, 2014

By Sean P in Hermiston , OR
Musical Background: Dj business owner since 2006
Music Style: Whatever the customer requests.
Overall: Hooked up the amp today and this baby is slamming. Ice cold air blowing out the front and weighing in at just over 10lbs, you better believe it. I am pushing 2 18" subs with just one side of this amp. The amp just yawns at me as i crank it up. I was only able to get the amp up to the 3rd bar and it was louder than i would ever need to use it for. SO HAPPY to be ripping my 48 pound class A/B amp out of my rack. This amp gives me the option to throw another 2 subs in the mix for outdoor events. One side note...the outputs are +1 and -1 only if you you use this amp in Full Range, so i had to change the wiring on my Speakon cables so i can use my subs in Bi-Amping Mode. I use an external crossover, so i have to use +2 and -2 to bypass the Passive crossovers that are built into my subs. All i had to do was change the other end of my speakon cable to +2,-2 and it worked just the same. So you have +1,-1 coming out the amp and +2,-2 going into the sub. Other than that the price point is great and so far the performance is outstanding.

"INUKE6000" submitted March 9, 2014

By John Robinson in Canton, OH
Musical Background: playing in band settings for over 20 years
Music Style: Hard rock/ Metal
Overall: I bought this amp on a whim not sure why, I have a behringer powered mixer thats supposed to 2000watts and it seems more like 20 watts. But I bought this anyway. When I first pulled it out of the box it was very light, so I plugged her up and noticed right out of the gate the power button was stuck, eventually it popped back in. I figured I would send it right back and get my money back but I figured maybe I'll just try it. So got it all hooked up and hooked up 2 peavey dual 15" cabs. To my surprise it really blasted. So I went ahead and chained in my 2 community sp1 dual 15" cabs rated at 4000watts each. Then cranked it up, again to my surprise it really blasted 3/4 power on amp first yellow light was solid and second was almost solid but I had to back off because my eyes were fluttering. I have been using an EV2600 and an EV4800 and this keeps up with both together at a fraction of the weight. I have only had this for a month now but have been working it out and have not yet clipped it. As for the button it still sticks and I would like to replace it but right now I dont want to part with it. Next up will be the 18" jbl's.

"Behringer NU6000" submitted June 14, 2013

By Manuel Segovia in Beeville, TX
Overall
Musical Background: Small sound company and played bass, guitar for over 30 years
Music Style: Rock, Country, Tejano, Latin, Pop Country
Overall: All I can say is WOW, used for the first time 2 weeks ago. Took out 2 dual 18" Yamaha bottoms and used two Yamaha dual 18" bottoms and powered it with the NU6000 instead of a QSC 2450. I don't know how the NU6000 will hold up in long run but for now it's the best mov e I've made.
27 of 32 people (84.38%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"This Is Behringer?" submitted July 22, 2014

By Adam L in Salem, OH
Musical Background: Sound Engineer, D.J., Guitar Player
Music Style: A Little Bit Of Everything
Overall: As we all know, Behringer has a a less than high end reputation, but i went on a whim and Bought the NU6000 because I need an amp right away that was big enough to push my CVP2153's and affordable. I immediately noticed that is was extremely light weight when i picked up the box. compared to my old Crown (that blew up, thats why i needed to replace it.) at 45 lbs this was really light. I figured there was no way this was going to impress me though, but when i hooked it up, I was floored. the NU6000 had no problems pushing these monsters and stayed pretty cool while doing it, even during an all day show. 6 bands and 10 hours later the amp was still cool to the touch. I have to say, i may outfit my whole rig with these now.

"tower of power" submitted April 9, 2014

By leon womack in lakehead - shasta lake, CA
Musical Background: 50 yrs, base and guitar and singer
Music Style: countryrock,blues.and country
Overall: hard to believe a power amp so light can put out that kind of monster power so clean WOW

"Awesome amp" submitted June 18, 2014

By a customer from mac.com
Musical Background: Live sound engineer
Overall: I bought a BLEM unit but when it arrived it looked like it was in factory NEW condition. Powers right up without any sign of an issue. I look forward to testing the unit this weekend! Saved over $100! Thanks ZZ!

When you call, mention priority code 1ZR-LGS3. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976