When you call, mention priority code 157B-3P9B

Rating and Reviews: Behringer MS20 Monitor

This budget-friendly speaker from Behringer features ultra-high resolution converters that let you directly connect digital audio sources.

"These guys deserve much respect" submitted April 15, 2008

Musical Background: Music enthusiast
Music Style: Classical, Jazz, Dance, Rock
Sound: Very detailed, superb sound for such small monitors. I found both highs and lows adequate for the purpose - you are not trying to shake the walls of your house and make your neighbors aware of your new sound system. It is a pair of NEAR FIELD monitors and they do what they are designed to do perfectly. Some users may not fully enjoy these classy speakers because of the inferior analog output of the computer and cheap wires. Also, if you are listening to a low-quality MP3 files with bit rates lower than 192kb or such, you'll hear all the sound compression defects - do not blame your speakers then! Feature: Volume and bass- treble controls come in handy. Value: This 100$ product as well as similar Maudio monitors is way way better then anything that you can buy for your computer in a Circuit City within 400$
21 of 22 people (95.45%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Very Nice (With a grain of salt)" submitted April 20, 2012

By a customer from latigotrails.com
Overall
Overall: I am not a professional, nor even a particularly advanced amateur, so I may not be the most reliable witness if you want to know about the accuracy of these monitors. That said, I like them very much. They seem well built. The construction is solid and the knobs are smooth and well dampened. There is a slight hiss, but at a normal distance it is indiscernible unless you have a dead silent room. If this is a serious problem for you, you probably won't find what you need in this price range. I have found the 20W to be plenty of power. They would easily fill a large room.

"The best studio monitors for the price." submitted September 3, 2007

Music Style: Comedy hip-hop, Metal, Classical
Sound: These monitors seem to pump out too much bass when the EQ's are set to default. I guess if you listen to hip-hop that is ideal. I usually have the bass knob at about 10 o'clock, and the treble knob at about 2. Otherwise they are loud enough for 10 watts each. They sound awesome when I play my keyboard through them, especially piano. They have a good range, and definitely plenty of bass. Feature: I know I should give it a 10, but it doesn't have mid-range EQ's. I realize it's only $100, but that would have been nice. I like the SPDIF ins and outs, and having 2 inputs is a plus. They don't cause a noticeable interference if you place them within a reasonable distance from your computer monitor. Mine are about 3 to 4 inches away on either side. Ease of Use: How hard is it to adjust volume, bass and treble? Quality: These things seem heavy duty. I'm sure they will last longer than I have a need for them. Value: I'm loyal to Behringer products because of their quality and value, so for the price I don't know if these can be beat. Manufacturer Support: I haven't needed to contact them. The Wow Factor: Out of all the studio monitors in this range, I personally think these look a LOT better than any others. I like the sleek black with the white ring around the cone of the bass speakers. It makes my home studio look that much more professional, whereas some others look cheap and child-like. Overall: I cannot compare these to other monitors in this range, but I am more than satisfied with the quality, and I will only upgrade when I need more volume and more accurate sound reproduction from professional studio monitors.
23 of 26 people (88.46%) found this review helpful. Did you?

Behringer MS20 Monitor Customer Review submitted January 7, 2009

By a customer from physics.utexas.edu
Overall
Sound: Crisp, well defined sound for such small, self-amplified, speakers. I bought them to replace some older stand-alone computer speakers and the Behringer MS20 are so much better. A perfect match for my home computer set up with limited desk space. Feature: I've yet to purchase an optical digital cable. So far I've only used RCA analog cables and the unit sounds great. Ease of Use: There wasn't much of a learning curve. For me, the ability to instantly adjust the bass and treble are the major benefit. I can quickly adjust the speaker from voice only or internet radio live stream to DVD movies or CD audio. Living in a small apartment, I do use the front head phone jack, which is well placed for my use. Quality: Speaker cabinets are made of dense MDF wood rather than plastic. Value: Everything seems to be well made for this price point. The Wow Factor: My PC, keyboad, mouse and monitor are black. So, the speaker cabinets look great.

"Great monitors" submitted April 19, 2009

By a customer from optonline.net
Musical Background: Active musician,recording engineer
Music Style: Rock, Hard rock
Sound: The sound of these speakers is great. Very clear and allot of seperation. the are the clearest pair of speakers I have. They shoould be they are reference monitors. Feature: Digital in and analog in are great.Each with it's own volume knob. perfect Ease of Use: They are speakers. Plug in and go Quality: Very nice enclosures. Speakers are well made. Value: Can't beat the price on these. Manufacturer Support: I don't know. Never had to contact Behringer on any of the products I own. That's great! The Wow Factor: I want it? I have em. Nuff said Overall: I bought these for my home studio. I needed clear audio for recording. These are great. The bass sound and tweets are great. I recommend these to anyone looking for good near field's.

"awesome and detailed" submitted November 12, 2012

By grabe jud
Overall
Musical Background: i play drums guitars and do occasional vocal mixing
Music Style: rock, alternative, grunge, slow rock
Overall: for its size and price, i think these are awesome reference speakers. they might be a little small sounding but they have a flat response for critical mixing.

Behringer MS20 Monitor Customer Review submitted May 9, 2011

Overall
Sound: Great connectivity, good looking speakers, crisp sound. I use them connected to the optical out on my Apple TV 2 to replace the average sound from my bedroom TV Also used with my computer and iPhone Plenty of base and good value Feature: Optical in Quality: Good quality construction

"Just right for my use." submitted February 21, 2012

By a customer from northcoast.com
Overall
Sound: Better than I expected - 5.0 Feature: More than I need - 5.0 Ease of Use: Plug and play - 5.0 Quality: Good, solid construction - 5.0 Value: Excellent - 5.0 Manufacturer Support: Have not needed - 5.0 The Wow Factor: They look impressive on the desk - 5.0 Overall: I have had powered monitor speakers on my "someday" list for years. I use headphones while I do my audio work, but I sometimes need to play my results for others. I have my computer hooked into my component stereo for when I need to do that. But I have always hoped to some day have a nice pair of powered computer monitors. Of course I've used the cheap ones that sound, well, cheap. So that's why I plug my computer at home into my stereo. It wasn't until I got involved in video production that I found what I was looking for in the MS20 pair, which was part of a Mac workstation that had been assembled as the best possible solution with a practical budget in mind. The CPU had to be high-end, and for running FCP, a powerful Mac was a given. The people that put together the workstation decided to have powered computer monitors in the Mac alcoves, rather than the headphones that were supplied at the PC workstations in a row on an open counter. I was skeptical, because price-wise, Behringer is not high-priced gear. But uality-wise, I have always found their products quite competitive at any price. It's as if the product development team at Behringer actually get out and use the gear they produce. Imagine that! But I digress. If you are looking for high-end home theater sound, the MS20 may leave you wishing for more. But if you are used to listening to your work on typical computer speakers, you are in for a pleasant surprise. If you need to fill a cubicle-size room with good sound, get the MS20 and you're set. If you need to fill a classroom or a lecture hall on a regular basis, you might need to spend more and get the MS40. It all depends on your listening environment. Most of the time I am on headphones when I do my editing. I seldom need to play my work for more than a few people at a time. My position in the video production team is usually audio. At home, my MS20 monitors are used to give room sound to an audio production setup where I feed a keyboard into a multi-track digital recorder. It's nice to hear what I have done before I import it into the computer for further editing.

"I'm Very Immpressed" submitted September 7, 2007

Musical Background: Guitar, Keyboard, Composer, Recording
Music Style: Elecronica, Jazz, Metal, Ambeint, Orchestral
Sound: I was getting Some Monitors for my little home studio and heard great things about behringer. So I got some affordable monitors the MS20. I hooked up my Mp3 player and played a deep house song, I was impressed the Bass reproduction. And on a progg metal song I heard Some sounds Ive never hear on my $600 stereo. Feature: I like the selection of inputs Ease of Use: I set it up in about 60 seconds, Just push (power) and select the desired volume. Simple Quality: The Frame Is very solid and well constructed. Value: YES ! for a hundred bucks this thing is probley the best for a little home studio. Manufacturer Support: never neded any Overall: Sounds are Incredably detailed and so simple and straight forward and packs more power then I thought.

"Helium sound" submitted November 13, 2007

Overall
Sound: These speakers (Behringer MS20) sound like someone with nasal speech who has just inhaled some helium. The sound was slightly less irritating with the BASS dialed to about 8 pm and the TREBLE to 9 pm. I received them yesterday, but they are going back ASAP. Feature: No complaint here. Good features with digital and analogue inputs and headphone out. Ease of Use: Straightforward, quite easy to use. Quality: Very low-quality drivers. Can't tell about the electronics. These don't seems to be designed like some of the more expensive "monitors" (no active crossover), which is expected at this price. Value: Cheap, but don't deliver where it matters - the sound. In the end you get far less than what you paid for. Manufacturer Support: Don't know. The Wow Factor: No, I don't want them. Overall: I am returning them right away.

"Extremely DISSAPOINTED." submitted November 17, 2009

Sound: Sound is great except you cant turn the volume up past 1 without the speakers whistling and burping at high pitched squeeking and shaking. Feature: NA Quality: Easy. Overall: Replace immediately.

When you call, mention priority code 157B-3P9B. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976