When you call, mention priority code 1439-SY07

Rating and Reviews: Behringer MS16

The Behringer MS16 is a compact stereo speaker system that's perfectly suited for home studios, multimedia applications, keyboard and vocal monitoring.

"The Behringer MS16 The smart choise for my budget" submitted April 3, 2011

By a customer from clear.net
Musical Background: Goapel singer musician
Music Style: Gospel
Sound: The Behringer MS16 Active Personal Monitor is a great set of powered speaker. Feature: It comes ready to use, right out of the box. Ease of Use: Very easy to use. Great for home, office, desk and laptop. I use this set of speakers to mix the tracks that I record on my Tascam DP-008. They are excelent monitors for home studio. Quality: Behringer makes excellent products. Excellent sound and controls The MS16 is one of them. I am very happy with Behringer products. Value: The price of the Behringer MS16 is the best one on the market. About five years ago I bought the same kind of monitor made by Roland (the MA-8)and the price was way higher than the actual price of the Behringer MS16. Manufacturer Support: All the products that I have from Behringer work very well. So far, I have not used the support yet. The Wow Factor: I just needed a pair of monitor for my home studio Overall: The MS16 is a great set of speakers with excellent sound quality, and I expect to use this pair of monitor for some years to come.
23 of 24 people (95.83%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Kick Ass! (best monitors for under $60)" submitted July 6, 2006

Musical Background: Former Pro
Music Style: Hip Hop, R&B, Rap, Funk, Jazz, Blues, and a bit of everything else :)
Sound: The sound is pretty good. Keep in mind these are "budget" monitors, and for $60.00 they're well worth it. My only complaint about them is how they handle low frequencies. I have to back off on the bass when I'm using my synths. However, when using my Fostex digital 8 track (MR-8B) they sound quite nice! Feature: I'm going to give features a 10 for several reasons. My (10) rating is based on what all they included on these speakers for under $60. You get bass and treble control, there is a 1/4 mic jack on the front--with its own volume control, and on the rear there are two more sets of inputs. One being RCA, and the other one is a 1/8 jack. You can have three connections to these speakers at one time. Plus the size of the monitors allows them to set nicely into a desktop setup without taking much space. Also keep in mind that these monitors aren't "new" per say. These particular monitors are actually the old "Roland Micro Monitors" with the Behringer name. They're the exact same thing. Ease of Use: Very easy to use. There's nothing to them. Plug them into the wall, connect your gear, and push the power button :) Quality: Quality is very good for the price range. Again, lower frequencies (when using keyboards) can cause distortion. Value: For less than $60 truely a "great value". They're worth every penny. Even if you don't do studio work, these would make a great substitute for cheap (good sounding) computer speakers, or anything you want to hook up to them (ipods, CD players, ect). Manufacturer Support: I've contacted them regarding other products and service was always good. The Wow Factor: Great sex appeal...:) They got a clean design to them, and just looking at them you can't help but think-- "Hmmmmmm how do those puppies sound?" Overall: I plan on being satisfied with them as long as they "continue to work". When they break--then I'll be unsatisfied. If they broke today I'd buy another pair. For the price you can't go wrong. Well worth it.
72 of 77 people (93.51%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"The Best Things Come In The Smallest Packages" submitted January 5, 2013

By Ben M in San Marcos, TX
Musical Background: Engineer
Music Style: Multi-Genre
Overall: Very big sound. I was highly impressed. My one gripe is they are very "heavy" sounding. The low frequencies are most prominent when used with the bass and treble knobs at a flat response. You can adjust them manually but I would like them to be a bit more flat sounding. For 60 bucks, I am not complaining. I will admit, this is the weakest link in my chain, but if you can make your mix sound good on these, trust me, it will sound good anywhere.

"Great item for the price!!!!" submitted June 14, 2011

Overall
Sound: sounds very good even at higher volumes. i use it for recording or playing backing tracks while playing thru my amp. when cranked too loaud there is some distortion but at levels just loud enough to compete with my amp levels in my house it sounds pretty good. Ease of Use: if you cant figure out how to use speakers you probably cant read this review anyway Quality: seems to be good quality, the logos are cheesy but that is just personal preference Value: cant beat the these for 65 bucks reconditioned. they looked brand new Manufacturer Support: never used it Overall: really great speakers for what i do. at the levels i usually use in my house they sound really great. when you factor in the price they really cant be beat

"Good bang for the buck!" submitted July 2, 2007

By a customer from rsu.edu
Music Style: Rock, Country
Sound: For what they are they work good. We use them for non-linear editing system. They are better than computer speakers, better built, not hi-fidelity. We looked at some of the more expensive ones that sounded a little better but for three times the price I thought whatever. We bought the MS16's Feature: Good features for the money Ease of Use: Easy to use. Everything's labeled on the speaker. Quality: Good value for the money. They're cheap, but well worth $70 Value: Good bang for the buck. Manufacturer Support: No The Wow Factor: Basic Overall: Hope it lasts several years

"I love these thangs cheap but are worth every buck" submitted February 16, 2010

By a customer from aim.com
Musical Background: Recording Engineer Hobbyist
Music Style: Rap,R&b,Neo Soul
Sound: Sound is terrific to me gotta love them.. you can really hear everything. No hiss in less you turn the treble up all the way then you hear a little bit.. Beats the hell out of computer speakers! Feature: they are ok really wish they had 1/8 jacks so i plug directly into my interface as 1/8 instead of quarter inch.. Quality: Its made pretty cheap what do you expect your only paying like 60 bucks so.. What more can you expect? Manufacturer Support: Dont need none just hook her up correctly and you will be listing in no time=] The Wow Factor: not very sexy looking lol but the def get the job done. they really look like some speakers you would up to a regular stereo

"Well, at least I didn't pay a ton for them" submitted October 4, 2006

Overall
Sound: You get what you pay for. These are more like mid-range computer speakers than audio monitors. They do that duty fine. But they are not for mixing or critical listening. Bass is weak (I'm not looking for big bass, just a somewhat flat frequency response down to 90 Hz or so, and these definitely don't have that) and they rattle like mad at certain frequencies. Value: Well, they're really cheap, so even if they don't sound good, you can use them for plenty of applications other than mixing and critical listening. Manufacturer Support: They didn't seem to care that I was really displeased and wouldn't consider an exchange of some sort or some kind of credit.

"Worth every penny & then some" submitted April 8, 2006

Overall
Sound: They get excellent sound from these speakers, for the price you can't beat it $59.00 is worth every penny, I'm using these speakers w/ my cry baby 535Q wah & my zoom GFX-8 pedal lines run straight out of the GFX-8 L/R jacks into the L/R RCA's & it makes these speakers sound like a full blown stack even at loud levels I thought they would distort like crazy once I turned them up I was wrong it sounded even better like an amp being turned up with plenty of practice volume also can pacth my sound into the mixer w/ the supplied cable & record my sound I hardly use my amp after buying these Manufacturer Support: no Overall: This is worth every penny & I wouls replace it if it stays the same price you can't go wrong for the price of these speakers
22 of 23 people (95.65%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Listen and Not look at Big Brand Names. MS16 is the ONE." submitted July 25, 2006

Musical Background: Recording Engineer
Music Style: pop
Sound: Perfect sound production which you can never imagine Behringer can get this far. Hell with other BIG BRANDS when you can save hundreds and thousands by not looking at brands but listening..truthfully/. Quality: Best of the best Value: Best Manufacturer Support: Excellent The Wow Factor: No doubt i want. Overall: Listen and not look. MS16 is the truth to monitoring your production.

"If you have a tin ear, buy tin cans ..." submitted January 8, 2011

Music Style: Fusion
Sound: These monitors are probably the single worst investment I've made of any sort yet this new year. One person claimed they had too much bass, but when he plugged the ports it tightened them up. What these have, in my opinion, is a boomy replica of bass reproduction, but not actual bass. Effectively they're just a couple of tin cans that I'd return if it were worth the hassle. I'll just Craig's List 'em, take the hit and get rid of them. Feature: Basic; nothing more. Ease of Use: I give them a (4) on this count because you have to spend an incredible amount of time trying to position them to sound well, only to find that it can't happen. Quality: Nothing special, but not defective at any rate. Value: Total waste of money even if they were ten bucks! Manufacturer Support: No idea. The Wow Factor: "I want them gone" Overall: They stink, basically.

"In short if you are looking for a desktop monitor then dont get this one it is weak! You have to turn to volume wide open to rea" submitted December 27, 2010

Musical Background: Active Musciian
Music Style: gospel, bluegrass, mandolin, bass, country,praise and worship
Sound: Sounds are hissing and at very low volume. All the buttons function as they should,,,, bass is very hard to hear not matter the volume. I would not buy again!! I am currently looking to Bose for their companion 3 sepakers. Feature: No Ease of Use: Whats to learn? Plug the cord into the wall, the wall into the unit plug speaker jack into speaker and there you go. Concentrate on well built sounding product and ease will come. Value: No Manufacturer Support: Dont know have not used them The Wow Factor: weak.....weak.....weak!! Overall: hate it wish I had not bought it. Looking now for a replacement.

"Get it n you will not regret" submitted May 23, 2008

Music Style: Multi styles
Sound: You reallu cant expect the best quality.......however the sound overall is good and you basically get what you want of it Feature: I Must say that i am quite impressed with the features this lil thing has Ease of Use: Very Very easy to use Quality: Yes "this" product could'nt have been made better Value: Cant get smthng better fot the price Manufacturer Support: never had to deal with the company however the local music shop from where i got this were supportive The Wow Factor: Quite impressive Overall: As long as it lasts happily singing out beautiful tunes

When you call, mention priority code 1439-SY07. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976