When you call, mention priority code 14RK-BX33

Rating and Reviews: Behringer MIC2200 Preamp

With precise parametric EQ, Behringer's 2-channel tube mic preamp is the perfect front end for a stereo audio interface -- and doubles as a guitar DI box.

"Behringer MIC220" submitted March 1, 2013

By Bruce W in Branson, MO
Musical Background: Vocals and Guitar
Music Style: Progressive, Blues, Hard Rock
Overall: First off this is an excellent product and I'm 100% satisfied with it's performance. I would like to say that changing the tube is a small challenge, but you will more than likely do that if you are into ultra low microphonics and want to go with a lower gain, say a 5751 tube. I went with the 5751 and although it was a task to change, it was well worth the effort. I mean, at $99, just the electronics are worth it, nomatter what tube, just that our crew is going for the sweetest sound possible and this unit delivers.

"Nice bit of cheap kit." submitted July 10, 2004

By a customer from groove-state.com
Music Style: Dance
Sound: The sound is quiet enough noise wise, and the gain given is smooth but not ultra punchy. I used it for vocals mainly and lately on stereo mixdowns, which I'm not totally convinced on the later. On the subject of the tube - it really is only on the post gain that the tube is employed and the yellow light thing that fades in is just a LED. I've never really heard the tube in that regard. Feature: Using the EQ is do-able but not surgical or invisible. The variable req low cut is great. A chain I use alot is; channel 1 for gain and pre compressor eq - into a compressor for de-essing and compression - back into channel 2 for re-gaining and EQ to maximize level for soundcard AD. So even if you want you can get a lot of use out of the two parametric EQs for even one vocal mic. Quality: It takes all sorts of beatings, shipped it overseas and around the place, there was one bit of plastic rattling around in there for a while but I opened it and shook it out. Value: I bought it a while ago and now it's cheaper to buy new! The Wow Factor: Sort of over it now but it was the only pre I used for a while, I'm looking for the next step up. I'd still use it on other gear to get more control on synths and the like.
15 of 18 people (83.33%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"A cheap box that doesn't live up to it promise." submitted July 25, 2004

Overall
Sound: Sounds OK when not clipping but this unit has insufficient headroom for live performance. Change singers after it is trimmed and you may not like the outcome if the next guy is a little louder. +10dBu is not enough input range. Noise floor is acceptable when used individually but when used in groups the power supply noise is additive being in phase. This can be dealt with by throwing the odd unit out of phase but that is not always practical. Feature: I originally bought for the DI/splitter function and as front end for Alesis HD24XR. Lots of I/O connections. Quality: Build quality is actually pretty good but it's apparent the bean counters didn't let Behringer's engineers do what they wanted to do with this unit. Value: For rookie sound engineers this will be one of those pieces they are happy with until they get something better and realize the problems they had were not due to them. It's, at best, Ok for home recording but unusable for live unless you know your signal source very, very well. Manufacturer Support: Haven't need to deal with this yet. Web site is good. The Wow Factor: Yeah it looks nice. Dig the lit buttons. Overall: Not quite what I was hoping for. I will dissect one and see if it can be made better but my guess is that will take major surgery. I'm looking forward to buying a trio of octal preamps or design my own to replace these but now I have a better idea what I need. I'm over the "tube" mystique. I need a preamp with at least 16dBu of input capability.

"Great sound, but be sure to use balanced cables." submitted April 19, 2004

By a customer from nwhealth.edu
Music Style: Christian, Spiritual, Popular Rock
Sound: I've used a few different low priced mic preamps and this one sounds the best by far! Vocals sound very crisp. However, when I used unbalanced cables to output to my computer I could hear a very distinct hum that brought the noise floor way up. Balanced cables never gave me that problem, though. Feature: The lo cut feature was very useful.

Behringer MIC2200 Preamp Customer Review submitted December 27, 2003

Music Style: Christian Rock
Sound: Amazing! Really livened up the signal of my lead vocals. Feature: As far as I can tell this thing is amazing. Quality: Good stuff. I've used it for about 9 months now on different gigs and hasn't let me down yet! Value: What can I say? Manufacturer Support: Haven't needed support. Overall: This is one fine piece of equipment. It has really brought out everything that I could hope for in our vocals. That's all we've used it for so I can't speak for the DI function of using with a line in function. I would recommend it to anyone that asked.

"GOOD PRODUCT, GREAT PRICE, AWSOME QUALITY." submitted November 18, 2004

Musical Background: RECORDING ENGINEER, STUDIO OWNER
Sound: Has a nice sound.. makes vocals sound Fuller, and when mixed down, blends in nice with the beat. i have not used it for anything other than a mic preamp.. but once set right makes good sounding, crisp vocals. Feature: Have not really messed with this yet.. just using it as a mic preamp for now. Quality: Havent really gone outside of RODE, OR MACKIE.. but i figured ill give this a try because of the price.. for the price.. DEFF! got the best sound. VERY GOOD QUALITY. Value: u cant get a nicer mic preamp for this price! great quality for the price.. hit me up if you need a sample of the vocals i get from it. Manufacturer Support: havent tryed this yet. The Wow Factor: good additon to the rack.. nice basic. hi-tech look.. good quality, nice style. Overall: mos deff got the best out of my $$ got it for $120 with shipping, easy setup, great sound. hoping this will be a good additon to studio.

"I Like Behringer, but not this." submitted August 28, 2006

By a customer from knology.net
Overall
Music Style: R&B, dance, ccm, etc.
Sound: I own two of these. New, they were very clean, crisp and transparent. Lots of available gain. Solid state with mild tube edge. New, they were great. On one, with age, a phntom power button fell apart, and the use of the eqs introduces intrusive amounts of noise. On the other, all kinds of noise has popped up. Lots of hiss, some hum. If the input gain is minimzed, so is the noise. The output gain is clean. I use these to enhance the limited sound of the wireless instrument capsule mic in my rig. A good pre has proven worthwhile, but the noise level from this one makes it unusable unless a gate is in the loop. I went back to my older one which has only been used for home recording and it has the same amount of noise - and I don't recall it having been that way before. So...new, 10, but aged, 6, which in a pre, makes it junk. Feature: It'd be nice if they all worked. Nice metering, phantom power, internal PS, balanced I/O, phase reverse and flexible EQ. EQ in one unit is a no-go. Other unit is clean and works fine. Output stage is good, but input stages are pretty rough. Ease of Use: I'd say 10, except that NOW it's a pain to use because I have to play games with gain to minimize noise. I've got something else on order. Quality: Two units, both mediocre after just over 1 yr of use, and I'm kind to my gear. I like Behringer products, but based on this experience I will not buy another pre from them, including the well-reviewed VX2496. Horrid power-off crackle. Also horrid pop with the eq in/out button. You CAN'T switch it live... it's that bad. With gains high, the pots make signal noise. Value: Limited vaklue at best. Both units are still clean as line-in DIs. Sound is still good with hotter inputs, like handheld mics. Fine with a gate. I still find the sound very good as long as minimal gain is needed. Manufacturer Support: No experience The Wow Factor: Who puts a fakey backlit tube in a plastic window? Overall: I will not buy another pre from Behringer.

"Optimism didn't help..." submitted September 12, 2006

By a customer from knology.net
Music Style: rock, jazz, ccm
Sound: If you don't need alot of gain, and you don't use the eq, this unit is clean, clean, clean. very breathy, crystal sound, but not harsh...just accurate. Moderate to heavy gain introduces hiss and humm to an unacceptable, i.e., can't use it, level. Feature: Great features, until they quit. EQ in one is extremely noisey. My other one overheated outdoors and just quits once its warmed up. Ease of Use: easy enuf to use, until they develop problems. Quality: I really reaaly like behringer products. This, however, does not get my vote. Signal POPs loud with eq in/out buttons, 48V buttons, line/mic buttons. One button stopped latching, hardly ever used. Unit is not vented, and self-overheated. Value: As a DI its probably great. Inability to hold up is poor. Overall: replaced with presonus tubepre.

When you call, mention priority code 14RK-BX33. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976