When you call, mention priority code 20K-0NQF

Rating and Reviews: Behringer MIC100

Need an affordable tube mic preamp/DI? Plug into the Behringer MIC100. It's got XLR and 1/4" instrument/line I/O, +48V phantom power, and a built-in limiter.

Overall

"Behringer MIC100 is a professional quality mic processor for little money." submitted January 8, 2004

By a customer from nonprofitcard.com
Music Style: Voice, techno, R&B, Jazz, Fusion
Sound: Amazing little instrument. I bought this because I needed a quick way to connect my shock mounted voice mic to a sound card that didn't provide the 48V phantom power needed to run the mic. What I got was incredibly enhanced sound that really extended the feature set of my mic system. The warm tones and clean sound alone, make this a great piece of equipment for the money. Feature: I really like the features of this little device. I can use it with or without the 48V phantom power for my mic, simply by pressing the button. It has a button for 20db boost, and I really like the mechanical (analog) control it gives me outside of my computer sound setup. No mouse needed to set the gain or output. Quality: Outstanding quality, build, fit, and finish. Value: I would say it's well worth the money. I actually paid list because I needed it, and it's well worth the money. Manufacturer Support: Haven't needed the support yet. The Wow Factor: It's not something you might think you want until you have it. It's not a sexy product by looks or specs, but by sound, you can't beat it! Overall: Don't see trading it, but I might buy more of them.

"Behringer Ultragain Mike Preamp" submitted March 27, 2004

By a customer from cox.net
Music Style: Anything but (C)Rap
Sound: Excellent sound quality - using to power a condenser mike and connect to a ham radio. Feature: It does get quite warm to the touch - I'm going to add a small fan on the outside to aid in venting. Quality: Well built and small enough to fit in my crowded shelf. Value: Does the job as advertised. It provides more than enough gain for any circumstance. The Wow Factor: Nothing spectacular - it just works! Overall: Overall, very pleased.

"Worth the low low PRICE!!!!" submitted June 23, 2005

Overall
Musical Background: Home Studio Owner/ Musician for 11years.
Music Style: Acoustic Alt. And Electronic
Sound: Clear sounding, No real coloring to the sound which is what its suposed to do. I own a Tube MP(ART). This sounds the exact same. Feature: More features than my Tube MP. I assume that Behringer Copied the design very closely. As with most low priced gear its componats could use some upgrading(better tube, ect ect). but these can be done by local shops. Quality: Good Build, Behringer makes a good product that keeps working and is tough as nails. Value: Very Very good value, I plan to get another. Manufacturer Support: Five here since I have never in my 5 years of using behringer products had to contact them for support. The Wow Factor: I like the case and the vibe of it. The Chicken head knobs give it a retro vibe. Overall: I cant realy say how long I would stay satifyed with anything as I like to use multiple brands of simular things as they all sound diferent. So I will say its a good piece that will stay in my collection. As we can see some people dont know how to use something as simple as a Mic pre. DOnt listen to their ignorant ramblings. This realy is a great product for a dirt cheap price.

Behringer MIC100 Customer Review submitted January 10, 2008

Music Style: Anything. Metal to Easy
Sound: Swap the tube, it makes a huge difference. I put in a electro-harmonix 12AX7EH, really improved the sound and reduced hum quite a bit. Going back to the stock tube would reduce my rating from an 9 to a 7. I'm going to scrap the stock opamps and go with something a bit more cleaner. If that works like it did on my 3630 compressor, I would have to change my sound rating to an 11. The limiter really ruins the sound and keeps me from even thinking of anything higher than an 9. In fact I'd be really ticked if I couldn't turn it off. Avoid any setting with the limiter engaged. It just brings in the mud, wipes out any clarity at all levels. (You should know that this is just about par for any kind of limiter, IMHO, just not normally this bad at really low levels.) Feature: Its a simple 1 channel preamp, how many features does it need? What you do get is important though. Ease of Use: Once again, single channel, gain and level knobs, easy... Just watch out, you're not using the tube on any modeling setting that doesn't have the "warmth band" beside it. Quality: Been my first stage preamp, directly after my bass and before my Tech21 SansAmp, for over two years now. It goes with me on the road, I just toss it in back of the rack with the cables. Works every time I pull it out. Great for being able to adjust the level of different basses, even switching to an upright, so I can use one rack with all the rest of my gear without having to change a hundred knobs to get the right sound. As long as the meter on this is peaking at 0, I know my effects will sound like I want them. Don't listen to the retard who says the tube isn't hooked up. It is, just only operational on the models with the "warmth band" next to it. On neutral its just a transparent buffer/level converter. Don't believe me? Take it apart and pull the tube, set the model on "valve". Any idiot holding the manual could tell you this :) Value: Cheap and it works! Manufacturer Support: The best support is the kind you never had to use! Overall: Great size, just wish it had a power switch and mute switch. Neither of which is a deal breaker and if I needed that bad enough there is enough room to install one myself. Quick side note: I currently use the "20dB pad" button as some kind of mute when I switch instruments, this works well enough that I have not added a pure mute switch.
10 of 11 people (90.91%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"The handiest little box for under $100!" submitted March 31, 2006

By a customer from yahoo.ca
Overall
Musical Background: Lead singer for professional rock band, Songwriter, Recording artist, Sound and lighting engineer, Recording studio ownwer/opera
Music Style: Mostly Rock - pop/rock
Sound: As a mic pramp it's a bit noisy but actually really sounds good for the price. Remember, it costs less than a hundred bucks! A good pre will set you back a couple of grand! Feature: It seems to have and do everything that the ART Tube MP Studio V3 has but for less money. I don't own the ART unit but I would assume that their quality would be about the same. I wish it had a power switch though. Ease of Use: absolutely simple to use. The knobs have a good feel and a cool classic look. Watch your output level, it gets noisy real fast. Quality: I think you get what you pay for. However I have several other Behringer products that I have been using for over six years without any problems whatsoever. 'Most' of their gear works well. I don't anticipate any difference with this tube pre. I had the luxury of trying a $2000.00 UA 610 pre at the same time and I can tell you that it's worth every penny and more. I plan on getting one. However this little puppy also makes a great stage DI for my acoustic guitar so when I can afford a "real" Mic Pre in my studio this unit will still be paying for itself on stage. Value: It's a smokin' deal for the price and as long as it holds up' I'll probably buy more as DI units for stage Manufacturer Support: I've never had to call for any support for any reason before. So I can't answer. Everything they make, usually come with a fairly comprehensive manual, printed in about 20 languages! The Wow Factor: The knobs sold me in five seconds. The sound actually surprised me instantly and it actaully looks quite nice. I practically bought it before I tried it. Overall: If it lasts for even a year as a DI box then I will never use a passive DI box again. My studio doubles as a 'mobile unit' and I don't know how I feel about dragging my studio rack around with a mic pre that costs more than my DAW itself. this unit is small, portable, sounds pretty decent and is 'disposable'. Any studio could use a unit like this at some point. The best hundred bucks I spent in a long time!

Behringer MIC100 Customer Review submitted December 22, 2003

By a customer from enorhted.com
Music Style: Rock, Jazz, New Age, Classical
Sound: Nice tube tone. Running this for electric guitar. Between external preamp & the guitar amp. Gives the solid state preamp/amp a nice warm tube tone. However, this is not a overdrive box, gives a nice crunch when cranked, but not wat would expect from a tube amp. Set clean, it nicely warms up the input signal into a nice thick glassy tube amp tone. Feature: Gain, Output, Phase Reverse, etc... Limiter has no controls, only on & off. Not very useful, as it sounds unnatural. Quality: Well built and sturdy. Not really road worthy, but not designed for that. I was skeptical bout how "good" the stock preamp tube was. It's probably some OEM 12AX7A, labelled Behringer. So I replaced it with a Sovtek 12AX7LPS. Turns out the stock tube sounds much warmer & smoother. Value: At that price... Manufacturer Support: Never needed to. Haven't own this long enough to warrant it as well. I wasn't happy with one of their products I bought in the past, and the dealers allow for exchange to other products, no questions asked. The Wow Factor: Already own it. Several similar problems on the market, by Art & dbx. Behringer is known to be rip offs, but this time, did Art rip off dbx or vice versa? Overall: Well worth the money just for guitar alone. Several other good reviews on it running as a mic preamp.

Behringer MIC100 Customer Review submitted February 6, 2004

Overall
Music Style: Rock, Hip-Hop, Alternative, Jazz, Thrash Metal - you name it.
Sound: Sounds Great! Have used it in multiple locations running into several different systems, always has a consistent sound and makes Vocals sound much, much warmer - it also improves the awful sounding SM58's and other dynamic mic's i have used with it considerably. Used with a low noise condenser like the NT-1A it is phenomenal. It Warms up everything you patch through it. Noiseless - which is a major feature. Feature: Once again - noiseless - strong construction - especially for the price. If i had to fault it - it would be the limiter, but everything else no problems. The knobs at first feel kind of weak - but after a couple of months that still work perfectly. Quality: Seems well made - after 2 months of constant use it is not looking like falling apart or anything like that - still looks brand new and acts like it is the first time out of the box. It does get a little hot once you leave it on for a few hours, but you would expect that considering the tube in the middle of it all. It has taken a few hard knocks and a couple of falls - and has travelled with me a lot, overall very sturdy and still in perfect shape. Value: For what it does - i would easily pay triple, and previously did. I have a few other Behringer products i have purchased after this one, and so far the value of all is outstanding. Manufacturer Support: Never needed it - doesn't look like i am ever going to. The Wow Factor: The looks are not going to set the world on fire - but the sound sure makes up for it - so that's why i am rating this one 7 - aesthetically it is bland, who knows though - slap some glossy paint on it and it may just get sexy - i doubt it though. Overall: At this point if i lost this baby i would definitely replace it. It will most likely always have a place in my setup - for its sheer simplicity alone. I will be supplementing my setup with a multiple input pre-amp in the not too distant future - but i can't see going a day recording without getting some sort of benefit from having this one along. Before i bought this i tried out a couple of other pre-amps - one being the Prosonus TubePre - which 3 times the price - and it went straight back to the store because it was awful sounding and noisy - this little puppy in comparison is a dream come true - noiseless and more sturdy construction.

"Great for the money, or for beginners." submitted November 17, 2003

By a customer from ls1.dsc.k12.ar.us
Music Style: Hip Hop/Rap
Sound: This is the first pre-amp I have owned, and I can say for $30... I am very pleased. Has a nice sound when combined with my condensor. Feature: Just your basic plug it in and go features. Not many options.

"Okay little gadget." submitted December 12, 2013

By David Chappell in APO, AE
Overall
Musical Background: Been playing on and off for forty-five years. Guitar and vocals mostly. I jam alone and with friends regularly.
Music Style: I like the blues, folk, rock and latin mostly.
Overall: This is my first ever mic pre so I'm going to give this machine a good grade. It made a difference on the overall warmer presence of the tone. I'd have to say I like it. Bear in mind, I was looking at the price because I've never used one before, too. So, in all I'd say it was worth the effort, the price for the sound improved.

"Great combo for the beginner's home studio" submitted April 5, 2012

By Dan L in Tacoma, WA
Musical Background: I have played the guitar for 40 years
Music Style: I play Christian, rock, blues, country rock
Overall: The Behringher c2 microphone is a sturdy piece of equipment that collects sound well. The Behringher tube ultragain MIC100 was very easy to set up and connect. to my computer. I did wind up purchasing a new usb external sound card because The proprietary one in my pc was insufficient. Both great products and a great price.

"You get what you pay for" submitted December 1, 2007

Musical Background: Home recorder
Music Style: rock, acoustic
Sound: It does add some warmth to the tone. Although I noticed that you will inevitably have some low background hiss. I spent some time adjusting the gain until it wasn't too bad. It does reproduce the sound quite clear however Feature: Nothing fancy. standard preamp features. gain, phantom power, limiter. pretty basic Ease of Use: 2 knobs and a few buttons. you should be able to figure it out in a few minutes Quality: I would have given this more than a 6 if it hadn't crapped out on me after just over a year of having it. I thought the tube may have burnt out so I replaced it to no avail. I guess you get what you pay for. Don't expect this product to last forever......you're probably lucky if you get a few years out of it Value: I guess the value isn't that bad considering how cheap it is. The sound quality is not that bad either considering it is such an inexpensive unit. So while it was working I was pleased, but don't expect it to last for you cause it's not durable at all Manufacturer Support: I wrote some emails and got nothing back The Wow Factor: It's a good paper weight on my desk I guess also a drink coaster multiple functions... Overall: Overall, if you're a solo musician just lookin to throw together a few recordings to see what you sound like, it will do the job. Just remember you're getting what you pay for

"Beware!!!!" submitted December 8, 2006

Music Style: All
Sound: This thing sounds like a toy. Thin, dull, and cheap. I would much prefer an art tube MP or anything for that matter. Feature: It makes a good drink coaster. Ease of Use: I suppose it is self explanatory. Quality: Cheap Chinese junk. I opened it up, and the tube does not even run through the circuitry. Value: For 30 bucks I could build a cheaper one. Manufacturer Support: Behringer in general is crappy. The Wow Factor: Heck no! Its an ugly white box and not even rack mountable. Overall: This thing is a toy. Do not waste your money. It is actually annoying to my ears. Most of the people who have left decent comments have probably never used anything else.

When you call, mention priority code 20K-0NQF. Llame Gratis en Español: 844-432-7449