When you call, mention priority code 16KL-PNR9
  • Mon, Tue, Wed 8AM - 10PM (EST)
  • Thur Closed
  • Fri 8AM - 10PM (EST)

Rating and Reviews: Behringer MDX2600

Take complete dynamic control with the Behringer MDX2600 that features a voice-adaptive de-esser, dynamic enhancer, and authentic tube emulation.

"Maximum compression with complete" submitted October 12, 2003

By a customer from nedfagan.com
Overall
Music Style: folk, blues, classic rock/pop
Overall: I purchased this unit here at Zzounds. I am a single vocalist/guitarist and sometimes play with one or two others. My normal venue is a coffee shop. This unit provides two independent channels (which can be linked for stereo) so I can put voice on one channel and guitar on the other; this helps performance immensely, because the compression characteristics of voice and instrument are very different. The unit has useful (defeatable) automatic functions for attack and release, along with auto knee settings. The peak limiter also has an auto program limiter function. I picked mine up at 3:30 in the afternoon and had it up and running at a job by 5:30. It wasn't yet running optimally, but it was working, making things better. By the next day I had it tweaked to produce maximum benefit. This unit does two things for me: 1) it makes my amplification system more effective, because the compressed signal comes through with more power at any given amp setting. 2) it allows my music to "sit" above the ambient conversation level of the coffeehouse. Everyone can hear my music, even the softer parts, but the volume is not too high for customers to talk comfortably. Without compression I had to choose between being annoyingly loud or annoyingly inaudible (the quieter parts of the music could not be easily heard by customers.) The physical build is very high quality, the display is very nice, and the controls are exacting. The de-esser works well, as do the tube simulation and dynamic enhancer. The only shortcoming of this unit is the usual Behringer problem: an infuriatingly dense manual that is occasionally incorrect and is always hard to understand. But the unit itself is worth twice the price, and the results exceed expectations. If you are into recording or coffee shops, get this unit!

Behringer MDX2600 Customer Review submitted July 1, 2006

Overall
Sound: The sound of this thing is real nice. I've only tested it out, I jsut got it so I havent done alot of recording yet. So far, I can see where this piece of equipment can be very useful. Feature: the features all sounnd really nice. the compressor is good, the limiter is fine, and I'm really enjoying the enhancer feature that brings the brightness of the signal back after compression. Ease of Use: the manual doesnt give you the best details in the set up as far as giving examples, but I didnt have much of a problem figuring it out. I'm not by far the best with learning new equipment on my own, but if I can do it, any one with any common knowledge can. Quality: I cant find a flaw. I mean, its not built like a tank, but I dont need a tank in my studio. Value: for the price, you can't beat the quality of this thing. You get more for less. Manufacturer Support: I've had a few Behringer products and I've never had the pleasure of dealing with the customer service reps.

"Nice Stuff" submitted December 1, 2008

Musical Background: Producer
Music Style: From oldies to heavy metal.........no RAP or Opera
Sound: I use this tool in my Fred Flintstone studio. I broadcast a music show on SW radio. I needed an up-to-date version for my 1995 "Composer". I couldn't believe the ZZSound price. The audio is alive and clean and much, much louder than the older Composer. Feature: I love the limiter action and the DE-esser. There are high frequency restrictions for short wave broadcast and the DE-esser attenuates without being too noticeable, the offending frequencies. Ease of Use: The 'Composer" is very user friendly, but I felt that the manual's suggestions for settings got me in the ballpark and I proceeded from there. Quality: It's built like a rock. It should survive in an actual broadcast transmitter enironment very well. Solid metal construction. Value: My first Composer was $199.00 Overall: I'll keep this box for quite a while.

"A good, reliable, invisible compressor with dancing LEDs to light the way." submitted September 4, 2011

Musical Background: studio musician
Music Style: tribal trip hop
Sound: The sound is very good. No pumping and breathing, no special effects. Does a good job of invisible compression, noise floor elimination and limiting. I noticed no difference with the tube emulator. Stereo couple causes a slight unequal pan out so I dont use that. It is not too hard to tweak each channel to the same settings since the knobs are rotary encoders. Bought this for my analog synthesizer and it does the job quite nicely. Feature: the best feature for me is the interactive knee. The unit is easy to use and sounds good. I noticed no difference with the tube emulator. Stereo couple causes a slight unequal pan out so I dont use that. It is not too hard to tweak each channel to the same settings since the knobs are rotary encoders. I very much applaud the lighting. It not only looks cool but it really helps tell you how well you have all the knobs dialed in and they reflects changes in the compression. you can see and hear what you are doing. Ease of Use: It is easy to get good compression with this without unwanted effects. The interface is layed out well and it's easy to use. The issue is the manual, which is written poorly. I had to learn compression from various internet articles and then apply them to this compressor and spent a saturday afternoon on it, without too much difficulty. Quality: Quite reliable and has a nice brushed steel and black appearance.I use it in a studio only, so no comment on roadworthiness. Value: It is a good, invisible compressor / expander / limiter with interactive knee / invisible compression and lots of dancing lights to help you tweak the knobs at a value price, reliable and does the job. Reccommended. Manufacturer Support: never had to contact Behringer. I read behringer products gets mixed reviews but after reading reviews on this product, I ordered it from zzounds and it has not dissapointed. I use it on a regular basis. The Wow Factor: product appeal: price and the knobs and LEDs. I was advised to buy into plug-in VST compressors but I wanted the real thing I could touch, tweak the kobs, see the lights as a new song plays. The black and silver look good. Overall: It helped my music by compressing my analog synth nicely and improving the overall level and sound of it. I would replace it.

Behringer MDX2600 Customer Review submitted November 3, 2005

By a customer from Blomand.net
Musical Background: Acoustic & sound engineer
Sound: The "adapative" mode makes setting up the system very effective. Feature: None supplied. Designed to work into a system. Quality: I've purchased and used several with my sound system installations. Never a failure. Value: Very good value. Oh, there's better but at considerably more cost. Manufacturer Support: Never needed. Information supplied is very complete The Wow Factor: Good looking compact unit. Overall: I'll keep using them.

"Accurate, Responsive, No Coloration" submitted February 3, 2012

By Bryan F in Watervliet, MI
Overall
Musical Background: Played for drums/guitar for 16 years. Record music/voiceovers too. Used to recording in studios.
Music Style: Rock, Metal, Pop, Funk, Electronic, Indie.
Overall: This is a great 2 channel compressor. Buy four, you have 8 for regular size drum kits. It also has a tube button (witch seems to add some 15k highs to brighten your mics a little (especially cheaper ones. Works great.) And also has an enhancer button, witch seems to add a tad of tone (not much really.) Other than that, this compressor is very responsive with little coloration, has a great gate on each channel, along with a rms limiter. I would recommend this to people who need to record drums cheaply, but still need good levels/tone while tracking. You can rely on this for years probably.

"Just so thrilled with a professional sound that captivates." submitted December 4, 2006

By a customer from bellsouth.net
Musical Background: I am an Artist
Music Style: Fork-Rock
Sound: Of all the things I have done and installed into my system this one piece of hardware has made the most resounding difference. The effects in the Korg 32XD DAW are good, even superlative. However, the compressed signal processing from the Michrophone has annealled the pro sound. It was the one thing needed. Feature: This compresser has so many controls it is a little daunting at first, but do what the manual says and some great stuff can happen. I found it relatively easy to use. It looks good. It doesn't heat things up to much and you just half to pay attention to the tweaks that have to be done to get the right nuances. Ease of Use: The unit is generally a signal processer that once in the line you can forget about it. That is exactly what you need. This gets a great sound. You set it and it does it's job. The price was so good it seems like a good idea to have more than one. Once having used something like this you realize your not gonna get the same control and great sound without it. Quality: This unit is made supprizingly well considering it is all steel. This item you can tell is pumped out quick but it does not seem to make a difference. It does what you want it to do. The looks are appropriate. You could give me 1930s English electronics and I would not care. The appearance is just fine. Value: DANGTOOTIN GREAT DEAL!!!!! There is no substitute for a good piece of equipment that does what you want it to. Manufacturer Support: Haven't used it. Based on price I don't expect much. Buy another one!! The Wow Factor: It was this component that solidified a real signal processing chain between the recorder and mic. You can't have a weak link in chain. Overall: This product will be replaced by a new MDX 2600 and maybe a couple more. I want the best too but that is later.

"Behringer MDX2600" submitted July 18, 2005

Overall
Sound: Its way better than not having one. It really dosnt matter what kind of compressor or how much you pay, this kind of electronics is sorta solid and more exspencive stuff dosnt help, its all the same!! Feature: Really good stuff..took me a few days to get everything down but in the end it all was amazing! Quality: it was so light when i first picked it up. It was really easy to slap it to a rack mount. I just baught it but if u treat your stuff right it should last no matter what knind u get! the sound was amazing. Just great Value: Look.....u cant get anything cheaper for this stuff. if your paying any more than 190$ for this you can get it cheaper!! Manufacturer Support: I actully have called behringer befor and they were quite good. Iv called a few places but nothing as good as BEHRINGER!! The Wow Factor: man....if this was a woman i would have annaliated it!!! Overall: i dont care what anyone says this product kicks all friggin ass alright. I love it. I baught 3 of them!!!!

"Impressive, especially for the do-ray-me $$!" submitted January 9, 2011

Music Style: Americana, blue grass, country, indie, folk
Sound: Still getting familiar with it, but so far we love it. As good or better than many at twice the price. De-essing is impressive. Ease of Use: Actually very easy to use, I am just a slow learner when it comes to new components. Value: Again, hard to beat for the money, but also impressive on the features and quality. The Wow Factor: De-essing is surprisingly good.

"Sexy Sliver and Black" submitted March 28, 2004

By a customer from netscape.net
Music Style: Fusion
Sound: I have played with some of the best known compressors in the business... some more expensive than a monthly car payment and I would have to say: Bang for the buck the this comrpessor wins hands donw .. I have the AutoComp 1600 on loan and was impressed on how it handled hard to mix live situations... I plan to get another two channels worth of this particular compressor for my Live/Bass/Studio rig GREAT JOB Quality: couldnt ask for a prettier set of lights that you could see from across the room to let you know its doing its job .. the brushed steel look with balck face and trim makes it look class act. Manufacturer Support: never had to call support... the product is just that good ... The Wow Factor: 'nuf said.. Overall: I iwll be back to get more stuff from that company ...

"A much bigger upgrade from my existing compresser than I expected!" submitted November 20, 2004

By a customer from canada.com
Musical Background: engineer
Sound: Using the Interactive Knee feature, this thing is invisible! Feature: It has an AUTO function for the attack and release functions that works very well and eliminates unnecessary knob twisting. Quality: For the money, this is a good value. I like how the power supply is built in which means no wall-wart PSU. The dancing LEDs are beautiful when in use. The lights are not just for show either. There are lights that show when the expander/gate, compression interactive knee, de-esser, and peak limiter are active. The more the lights dance, the better you have it dialed in. The LEDs in the switches are bright, maybe too bright, because some light leaks into the switches that are off and not supposed to be lit. Value: I paid just over a hundo (US) including shipping. I think this unit is an EXCEPTIONAL value. Manufacturer Support: So many languages! If this is your first experience with a dynamics processer, you may be a bit overwhelmed at first. The manual is bare minimum. Overall: I bought this unit for recording/broadcasting so I could use my Alesis Nanocompressor elsewhere. It has met my expectations 110%. If I could change one thing, I would have phono-plugs for the input/output instead of the 1/4" jacks. Maybe thats an engineering decision Behringer made because there is another market out there that would be upset without them.
16 of 17 people (94.12%) found this review helpful. Did you?

When you call, mention priority code 16KL-PNR9. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976