When you call, mention priority code 156S-6JQN

Rating and Reviews: Behringer Hellbabe Wah

The Behringer Hellbabe HB01 offers lots of features for a great price. With optical control and many functions, the Hellbabe HB01 is a good all-purpose wah.

Overall

"By far the very best value, miles ahead of the more pricey wah's out there.." submitted December 2, 2011

Overall
Sound: Really great sounding wah!! Very responsive and dynamic. It gives you exactly what you want from a wah pedal and much, much more. The tone is incredible, and almost infinitely tweakable. You can dial in super clean shimmering high end sweeps, or throaty, vocal classic wah sounds ... the range control allows this to be used with a bass guitar on the lowest setting, which also lends a really off the beaten path "I'm using a bass wha" with my guitar 'whallop' effect. It's a really fun pedal, because it is absolutely loaded with features! The features and dials are pretty straight forward. Spend an hour with this wah and you'll realize you have several different types of classic wah's in one incredibly inexpensive pedal!! The best part is that it is noiseless - it uses an optical sensor instead of a potentometer -- so good riddance to scratchy, hiss laden garbage in the signal. The old Crybaby pedal I was using actually picked up am radio broadcast! I bought this wah in a pinch, because my crybaby pedal is overdue for a pot change-out, and I needed a replacement yesterday, but I couldn't get it to the tech in time -- so I bought this Behringer as a stand in. I'll still fix the crybaby, but I'm thinking I'll lean on this Behringer wah for a bit yet. The one major thing that takes some getting used to is the on/bypass feature -- there is no 'toe-forward switch on/bypass' -- as soon as you touch the pedal, it is on and functioning, which is nice, because you don't have to 'toe-forward' to switch it on or bypass!! I like that personally and I think it's a great improvement. BUT ... If you are used to aggressively rocking your wah all the way back -on the default setting, you will notice that the 'heel down' position instantly goes into bypass, and YOU WILL hear a pop!! There is a delay adjustment that is not obvious but is clearly marked and accessible from the bottom of the pedal ... you can adjust that delay up to two seconds, which allows the pedal to be at full 'heel down' position while playing, and then as soon as you leave it there, it will switch off. I personally like the 'instant on' functionality of this pedal, but it takes learning a little finesse, which is how a wah should actually be used... Feature: This pedal is loaded with features that pedals costing 8 times as much don't even have! Ease of Use: I'm giving it an eight, because it takes a slight, very slight learning curve to get used to the way this pedal turns on and off --- we're all so used to 'toe-down' to switch on and off. If you use the default settings, you simply cannot rock it all the way back without hearing it go in and out of bypass mode . if you use just a little care and finesse, the instant on/off feature will make you wonder why vox and crybaby pedals never evolved ... Quality: I really should give an eight, but folks that know behringer pedals know that they use industrial grade plastic instead of metal. As far as effects pedals made these days go, time will tell... my 'vintage' crybaby wah is mostly pot metal, I could crack it with a ball ping hammer -- the same blow might shatter or bounce off the housing of this Behringer pedal--I don't know haven't tried either .. they hold up just as good as all the other pedals with normal use. Value: The absolute bang for the buck!! It doesn't get much better. If you don't mind being a pioneer, ignoring all the clap-trap about what vintage pedal this or that guitar god recorded with; back in the day, that was all there was, there wasn't an option -- Behringer just threw it out there, rockstar style!! Finally, a reliable wah, that you don't have to wince every time you go to step on it wondering what kind of sound you're going to get. Manufacturer Support: Haven't had to call them, ever. And I have mixers, amps, microphones and now effects pedals that haven't given me the slightest problem -- so not having to have contacted customer support ever deserves a 9! The Wow Factor: It's sexy, because it works with no frills and it doesn't come with all the quirks and noise, and constant replacing of pots that the vox and crybaby pedals have. This is gonna be my wah for a good while yet!!!

"EXCELLENT pedal - buy it NOW!" submitted December 21, 2005

Musical Background: Active musician - playing almost 30 years
Music Style: Hard Rock - Heavy Metal
Sound: I absolutely love the sound of this pedal. I (like most of us) am very meticulous with my sound and this Hellbabe pedal really hit the mark. I'm able to use it quite comforably with Damageplan, BLS and Metallica-style covers. I also use the Ibanez Weeping Demon - a good pedal, but the Ibanez sucks a little tone (still good for less 'heavy' uses), whereas I don't have that same issue with the Hellbabe. Feature: Real simple to use with the optical on-off. I haven't experienced the 'noise' issue others have in the ratings, but I did experience the pedal not switching off automatically when I removed my foot. I opened the case (from the bottom) like I had to do with my old Morley and pushed the optical 'eye' down just slightly and BAM, problem fixed. So...I don't know how long it'll hold up with gigging (I've found myself being a little more tender with it now when moving it around), but there are very few moving parts so it'll be an easy adjustment if something goes outta whack. The plastic casing is fine. Quality: I've had Crybaby's/Morley/and Ibanez and they've all had 'issues' of some sort, so the fact I had to minimally adjust the optical eye is not an issue to me. It's been fine ever since and sounds awesome. Value: Absolutely fantastic. It IS, for all intents-and-purposes, the Dimebag Wah (for $150) but for $29 (minus the metal dime-o-flage casing). Manufacturer Support: I haven't needed it...that's the best kind of support. The Wow Factor: Well...I chose a nine because it looks like every other standard wah...nothing more special (or less). Overall: If I totally break (or lose) this thing, I'll definitely replace it with another Behringer Hellbabe....definately.
54 of 55 people (98.18%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"The only thing cheap about it is the price." submitted March 17, 2006

Musical Background: Producer, recording engineer, and musician
Music Style: R&B, Jazz, Hip-hop, and funk
Feature: Adjustable tones Quality: Good quality Value: It does what it's supposed to at a fraction of the cost. I dare you to find another Wah pedal for less than this one. The Wow Factor: It's a perfectly good pedal. Overall: I don't see any need to buy a more expensive pedal. What can other wah pedals do that this one can't? If you want a good pedal for a great price, this is it.

"Great value, well worth it." submitted December 7, 2008

Musical Background: Hobbyist Musician
Music Style: Alt-rock, metal
Sound: It's great. Some reviews indicate that the pedal is rather subtle, but I find that with a little tweaking it sounds just right. Feature: It would be nice if it had an integrated PSU/came with a wallwart, but other than that I really don't have any complaints. It's got a Q control to vary the shape of the wah from a more "round" to a "sharp" sound, and a "fine tune" control which apparently adjusts the high end. I'd rather have a pedal that had a click switch to turn on and off; the automatic off feature of this is a bit annoying if it's turned down too short. Ease of Use: It might take a little bit of tweaking to get the right sound. Once it's set up, though, there's not much to it-put your foot on it and go. Quality: The plastic construction seemed a little dodgy when I was looking at it, but I don't think it's an issue-there's a thick metal plate on the bottom which should lend support, and the entire pedal feels solid. Value: This seems to be the cheapest wah available, but it definitely doesn't sound/feel cheap. Manufacturer Support: I haven't had a need to contact the company. The Wow Factor: If price was no issue, I don't know if I'd choose this pedal over any other. Overall: If it was stolen, I'd buy another.

"Well worth the price" submitted September 25, 2006

Music Style: Blues
Sound: Makes a little click that's annoying when the wah is activated. Feature: Not Bad Ease of Use: READ THE DIRECTIONS!! Quality: Plastic seems to stand up OK. I own one and my son also owns one and both have had the hinge pin slip out the right side requiring that after some use you have to push it back in. Otherwise yo may be surprised with a loose pedal Value: Compared to the price of others, this is a great value... Manufacturer Support: Haven't had to contact them for support. The Wow Factor: Looks fine...Hey it's a pedal. Overall: I would rather have a Crybaby, but for the price and my budget at the time, this was fine.

"good for your money!!" submitted August 13, 2006

Musical Background: Active musician, in a band
Music Style: All kinds of rock & metal.
Sound: pretty good with an ibanez tone blaster Feature: could have had more, but what was there was good Ease of Use: i had it running and annihilating in about 5 minutes after i bought the 9-volt battery Quality: for that cheap it's pretty awesome. Value: totally worth the money. if you've got more $$, go with the dunlop crybaby, but if your budget is low, go for it. The Wow Factor: oh yeah. it's awsesome. it looks cool with my black guitar and black amp. Overall: for beginners, this is a pretty good, non-pricey pedal. reccommended!

"Wah Wah Wah" submitted April 20, 2006

Musical Background: I do all things at all times
Music Style: I play and love all music
Sound: The sound is Ok. Better after adjusting the settings to my liking. It tone sucks a bit, even when bypassed unless you use high grade cables. Also, be sure not cross audio cables over power cables. Feature: The boost feature is awesome, just not before the pre-amp input. Put the wah in the FX loop after your gain stages and it will be awesome. Ease of Use: Instant off rocks and has already changed the way I play certain songs (all for the better). I can slam a unison "wah" note outta nowhere and continue as if nothing strange has happened. The band loves the new places I can input surprises. Quality: Plastic shell, although it's very heavy. You need to place this pedal just right of your pedal board to make use of the side boost switch. Perhaps the boost switch should have a 1/4" input so you can use an independent switch to activate it. Value: Best wah for under $100. Rocktron Black Cat may be better but I haven't tried it yet. Manufacturer Support: I own many Behringer units and have asked them for way too much info on every unti and they always deliver. I ask for schematics and mmc commands for each unit and they deliver every time but.....I've never had a device fail so I don't know about support for failures. The Wow Factor: Saving money allows me to buy flowers for "HER" and I feel sexier. But, my wah whines better, sounds better and never accuses me of cheating on her!! Overall: Best bang for buck!!!!

"Even Playin With Myself Its Better Than Sex" submitted November 1, 2006

By a customer from verizon.net
Musical Background: composer,thumbtwittler,blah blah blah
Music Style: all
Sound: I dont know how I lived without it,even playin with myself its better than sex. Feature: Worst feature unfortunately is its low power comsumption,when plugged into a normal power supply,around 800ma,it clips badly losing much of its dynamic sound range(which really is quite good).I'd like to see it with own power supply built in,right now,(I use wall warts).Dont think it actually needed all that gain,but its handy,I guess. Ease of Use: Just plug it in and get your ROCKS OFF! Quality: Seems solidly built,but I'm not that abusive with musical instraments,after thirty some years playing with minimal monies coming in a person learns to take care of things. Value: Kiler diller! Manufacturer Support: Not yet. The Wow Factor: Well designed,well built,very responsive too my desires.Sh goes well with other mind candy,very compatible type,a nice personality that goes well its other traits. Overall: A while.It stands on its own merits.Wanted similar for quite some time but purchased things for other instraments,flute,and am now plenty glad that I found this one and think I would seek out another identical to it.

"Behringer Hellbabe Screams Forth!!!" submitted October 25, 2005

Musical Background: Pro Musician
Music Style: Everything/Anything
Sound: The overall sound of this unit is every bit as good as Dunlop Wah its designed to emulate, I tried this thing side by side with a Dimebag Crybaby before i bought it and the difference in sound was very minute. Comparibly an excellent effect at a fraction of the cost of its rival. Feature: This product features a few very usefull controls that you don't find on every wah, Q-control, adjustable frequency range, I.E.- highs and Lows, toe down range control, and a boost level adjustment, not to mention the fact that its activated by optical control instead of a push button toe switch.You do however have to play around with the boost and time adjustment for the on/off switch to avoid excessive noise during paused playing parts. Quality: The guts of this effect seem to perform very well, however the body is only high impact plastic , but it seems quite solid. The one thing they could do to improve this unit is to put the guts in a metal case. Value: Very good value for the price. Manufacturer Support: No service needed so far. The Wow Factor: Well its not really an attractive effect, but it does its job and sounds good in the process. It was a practical addition to my set up,i bought 2 of these to use in my pedal boards for my Pantera tribute band. Overall: I'm very content with these units, if they broke I'd probably replace the unit with the same. I like the fact that this unit sounds every bit as good as the other $200 wahs that i already own, at a third of the cost.

"Hells Babe HB01" submitted August 30, 2013

By michael m in Pontiac, MI
Music Style: Heavy Rock to Blues
Overall: Got a Mprley Pro2, and this bad Pedal puts it to shame.If you master the adjustments, it kicks.Made solid,ease of use. Also have after that a Ultra Wah, what a combo.It will take a beating, supply is only $10,(do a little shopping).I like it better that Dunlop, Morley, and price is Great.

"Useful Wah for Practically Nuth'in!!!" submitted June 13, 2006

Music Style: Gospel,Blues,Rock, Experimental
Sound: You definitely get a wah sound with this pedal, and the controls do offer tweakability.But the biggest thing that I have against this pedal is the limited range of the wah.HEY BERINGER...MORE RANGE, PLEASE.I consider this an excellent value at 30 bucks.I have used it alone, and in combination with the digital effects on my Beringer GMX212 amp, which is a very cool combination.I also put this behind a Big Muff Pi in the effects chain with good results (be patient and experiment).If I lost it, I'd get another one.Well made and durable.Buy it and you will find a use for it...I did!!!! Feature: More controls than a plain jane pedal. Ease of Use: Tweak controls take a little getting used to; more subtle than most pedals. Quality: Well made, holds up to my big heavy feet. Value: It's worth the price I paid for it, and then some. Manufacturer Support: I have several Beringer products and so far have never needed support. The Wow Factor: Attractive and sturdy design. Overall: Even though I will be getting more wah pedals in the future, this one will be used often, and usually in conjunction with other stomp boxes.

"Great Pedal" submitted July 31, 2007

By a customer from hotmail.co.uk
Music Style: Rock, Metal, Blues
Sound: It sounds the same or better than all the other pedals i've tried. It has a knob that lets you change the ammount of wah which is useful. Feature: It has a boost feature and you can change the ammount of wah you want. I find the springback feature on this pedal easier to use than the Crybaby style one, but thats just a matter of personal taste. Ease of Use: Its a wah peadal. Not exactly complicated. Quality: It seems fairly rugged, however i would not be confident to stand on it. I think it'll last a few years but deffinately not for ever. But then it only cost £30. Value: Great value for £30. It will probably last a while and does the job just as well as a more expensive model would. Manufacturer Support: I dont know. The Wow Factor: I'd rather have a crybaby but this is a great pedal for intermediate use. Overall: Works very well for what it is, great value for money. It does everything I'd expect it to and when it breaks i'l buy another one.

Behringer Hellbabe Wah Customer Review submitted February 8, 2008

Overall
Sound: yeah sounds gud cause i can use it on bass playing and many types of music... i can adjust also the delay of the wah.... i can make fading on the time when i turn on/off the wah.... i can make a very high pitched sound in a slow attacking mode eventhough i dont use s.attack Feature: there are 3 diff. features in this wah that u can't find with others... 1. boost... u can set the main volume from the wah when ur using it 2. time delay... u can set time or i mean delays on turning it on/off in slower manner or in fastest way 3. range.... u can use it on BASS.... and u can make a very very hi pitch so that u can make ur guitar to cry easily 4. mechanism the spring....it has a spring mechanism which u can also adjust its tension... Ease of Use: its very handy unlike other wah because it has 9v battery compartment and u can either use the adaptor if u want Quality: gud quality very eunique style Value: very affordable unlike demon wah, morley and cry baby pedal Manufacturer Support: yeah they are very friendly and honest especially the behringer people The Wow Factor: i like all of its features Overall: just buy it and im sure u will not reget

"Good for practice, but keep it off of the stage." submitted June 6, 2008

Music Style: Rock, Metal
Sound: Sound is where the pedal really lacks. First, it adds noise when in the up position (straight guitar). Next, even with straight guitar it changes the tone of the sound, adds a little too much treble. I've tried many settings and configurations and I just can't get it to leave my tone alone. The actual wah effect sounds good. Feature: Has a ton of options. Not sure they all work exactly as they are supposed to, but it has more options than many pedals on the market. I really like the default to straight guitar feature. Ease of Use: It's a wah pedal. Pretty easy to use. Quality: Built well. Has some plastic that may not hold up well if gigging regularly, but due to the tone change I wouldn't even consider this as part of my stage rig. Value: $29.99, it's a great value. Perfect pedal for practice. Manufacturer Support: I've never had to use Behringer support, but they do offer quite a bit online. Most of their products perform exactly as one would expect for the price being paid. The Wow Factor: Nothing spectacular about it. Overall: I'll always use this pedal in my practice room at home. I won't ever put it on a stage. Seems to built well enough that I won't ever have to worry about it breaking. I've got other Behringer stuff and it holds up well.

"No others on market like it" submitted October 27, 2008

By a customer from corner.net
Musical Background: 40+ years ending as a Hobbyist
Music Style: Old Rock and Blues
Sound: Does not suck tone. Very impressive wah sound with other features that make this pedal worth every penny. The boost is activated with the pedal slightly pressed forward, the wah is activated by pushing the pedal more forward. The range is very limited, but this can be overcome by modifying (voiding warranty) the board attached to the foot pedal inside the unit. This gives it a fuller useful range. The mod makes it a 10. Feature: The boost and Q range for tonal quality is a plus for this pedal. Ease of Use: Same as any other wah pedal - press pedal and it is activated. Quality: Hard plastic that is sturdy. I have dropped several pedal by Behringer and haven't had any crack or stop working, so I imagine this will apply to this pedal as well. I don't have any backup pedals as these Behringer's seem tank worthy. Remember the old Fisher-Price toys that are made of plastic that your kids couldn't destroy. Well, these can be compared to those toys. Value: Best value for any wah pedal! With the boost and Q-settings make this even a better value than any wah pedal. Manufacturer Support: I had two of these pedals come in not working properly. Behringer and ZZounds are quick to answer and resolve the problem. I give both a ten(10), very rare these days. The Wow Factor: Excellent addition to my gear. Not sexy, but is a technical marvel. Haven't seen anything else out there like it. Overall: If stolen I would replace it, I notice that the price is going up.

"Great For Nonpros!" submitted June 7, 2008

Overall
Musical Background: Learning musician, Metallica cover band rocker.
Music Style: METALLICA, Metal, 80's hard rock
Sound: When I first plugged the hb in i was a little dissapointed. But, after just turning a few of the REALLY useful knobs, (Q, range, fine tuning, boost) I got the sound i was really looking for. I have a Jackson dxmg with passive emgs, and a Crate GTD65. I play Metallica!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Guns N Roses, Iron Maiden and this thing works well for solos. For $30, you can't beat it. Feature: I love the Q control the fine tuning(pretty much presence), and range. More features than any other wah i know. You can really fine tune your sound. There is also a boost, it does exactly that, boosts your sound. However, it is NOT an overdrive. It just boosts your sound a little bit like turning the master volume a quarter inch. can get muddy if all the way up. Ease of Use: Pretty easy to use nice knobs for everything. wish the button for the boost was not on the side so you could actually use it live. I love the spring. I also love that you just have to put your foot on it. Quality: I just got the wah today. There where no loose parts. I was really surprised at the weight and sturdiness of it. It is metal. Value: Way cheaper than CryBaby or Vox. Also has great q control that i love. It is not a Crybaby or vox it is unique. And 30 bucks. Manufacturer Support: Have never dealt with Behringer. ZZOUNDS IS AMAZING!!! They had it at my door in two days! i ordered ground shipping! Also great order tracking and support. The Wow Factor: Sexy black and steel. Q control. i like it. Overall: I've been playing for 10 months more than half an hour 7 days a week. I love the price because i'm 13 and can't afford 100 for a wah. I love that i can play the Enter Sandman solo and have it sound good! If it was stolen I'd find the guy and beat him with the wah. if it were stolen i'd buy it again or wait and get the Pod xt live or vox tonelab because i've been wanting to get one of those

"Sounds just as good if not better than any other wah pedal." submitted March 4, 2007

By a customer from salsgiver.com
Musical Background: Band Lead Guitarist
Sound: This is the same sound you get out of any other wah pedal. It sounds great for rock music, jazz music, country music, or whatever else you may play. The settings can be slightly adjusted to change the boost of sound when using wah or the amount of wah. It sounds great on guitar, and you can play it on bass, but I would recommend a wah pedal made specificully for bass. Feature: This product has a couple of features that let you adjust the amount of wah or the sound boost, and also some other stuff. You will really like the spring-back feature and the grip. Ease of Use: There is a learnig curve in using this product, but there is going to be a learning curve using all wah pedals. Once you get used to it it will be easy to use, with great playability. If you are playing an uncommon style of music it may be hard to get your specific sound you desire and you will have to rely on your amp. Quality: It comes with a nice spring-back feature and sound boost controls. It also comes with other features that can control other aspects like the amount of wah in use. I am confident in it's durability in fact I would be fine with people jumping on it. It is built very well. Value: With the low price and great sound this is a must buy. Do not go and buy a wah pedal for over $100. I wouldn't even buy one over $50 because this sounds exactly the same. Manufacturer Support: I have never dealt with this company. The Wow Factor: This is a just a simple wah pedal. There is nothing really special about it other than it's great price and sound. Overall: I am confident that this will be the only wah pedal I will ever buy, until I break this one. Has great features and sound. If this pedal ever breaks, or something, I will get the exact same one due to the great price and sound. It gives me the exact sound I want.

"Great.......until it breaks." submitted July 8, 2009

By a customer from aim.com
Overall
Music Style: Rock, Alternative, Classic Rock, Metal, Accoustic, Grunge, R & R (Rock and Rap).
Sound: This has a great sound. I use it for a bunch of the solos i do. Sounds a lot like metallica. Feature: Everything you need, althogh i dont understand why you need 2 outut switches. Ease of Use: You just push it down. Quality: It broke within a month. Whenever i push it down, it makes a very loud spealing noise, and when its on clean, the sound gets taken way from my guitar even when its not pushed down. Its cheap. Value: Its a good value for as long as it still works. Manufacturer Support: Impossible to find any ansers on the behringher site. The Wow Factor: When i saw it i wanted it but now i wish i had saved up for the crybaby. Overall: I need another wah-wah. Its definetely a good thing to have, but there is no way im getting it from behringher.

Behringer Hellbabe Wah Customer Review submitted October 1, 2007

Music Style: blues,rock,grunge
Sound: i would most probly gig with it ................but would not use it for recording ........best thing about this pedal is that u can change the sound/tone .......from muddy to clean babe kills it. another thing if u use a dis pedal its sound differers if u use it before oe after the pedal a lot .................so it depends ............sounds best with out any other pedal.just the babe and the amp ............. Feature: best thing is the spring back................variation of sound.. and its really friking cheap Ease of Use: if u have a brin u would know how 2 use it ..........dont worry Quality: ahh its preety good.............but if u compare it to a crybaby you would just feel bad ...... Value: price is the best ever Manufacturer Support: never used it ............ The Wow Factor: black is black u know but its like plastic with rubber all over it...........so that aint cool .............. looks great ..... Overall: i like it

"Behringer HB01 Hellbabe Wah Pedal" submitted August 25, 2009

Musical Background: Budding Musician
Music Style: 60s and 70s Rock, and Blues
Sound: This is a very nice sounding wah pedal. I would even say it is as good as the crybaby sometimes. I played some old 60s Clapton style stuff with it and it sounded spot on! Feature: It has a fully customizable range and boost features to get the tone your looking for Ease of Use: I had to monkey with this pedal beacuse it was shipped broken to me, In an idle position, I would not get my regular guitar sound. If you are logical and intuitive, you could fix it. (I did my wedging a piece of wood into the pedal to make it always on XD) Quality: It broke before it got here... it is a cheap plastic piece of junk. I have never really gone "on the road" at all, so I would not know... The optical eyes was a mistake on Behringer's part. Value: If you want to take the time to mod it to your likeing then it is worth it. Manufacturer Support: I didn't have to talk to them at all The Wow Factor: This was my first pedal so I wanted it bad. Overall: I like this pedal a lot. It's range feature gives you about any tone you want. I know many people think this pedal is junk, but if you want good tone for a cheap price GO FOR IT!!!

"best wah ive ever used" submitted December 28, 2006

Music Style: any kind rock
Sound: the sound is perfect.the only thing is the click sound it makes wen u it powers on an off.it sounds awesome on amps 20 watts or higher.it can be used for bass but it doesnt sound that good Feature: it has a boost button w/ sum volume tone knob like things.it has a range knob which it plays with the tone. Ease of Use: it can be a pain to use.u cant bring it all the way up cuz itll shut off.it works well with delay and revrb really well(boss pedals the work best). Quality: evn tho its plastic its vry durable.i would rely on it wit my life it is so good..it would be perfect for any gig Value: best wah for the price.it is just like dunlops dimebag crybaby.for evry1 with a small budget an want a wah get this1 The Wow Factor: it is perfect for classic rock,metal,u name it.its perfect Overall: i will use this forever.or until they make another1

"best wah on the market." submitted August 3, 2006

Overall
Musical Background: semi pro lead guitarist
Music Style: rock, heavy metal
Sound: i am almost a professional guitarist and this thing plays better than most wah pedals on the market. it is now my main wah pedal. Feature: all of the controlls work great and if you happen to break the product its just like $30 so its not too much of a los if you break it. Ease of Use: the spring is perfect with just enough resistance Quality: mostly plastic but for the price who can argue? The Wow Factor: its not that good looking but i dont care sound is all i care about

"Sounds great, falls apart in use" submitted August 7, 2006

Musical Background: Gigging guitarist/singer
Music Style: Blues/rock/indie
Sound: This is a pretty awesome sounding pedal - Beats my old Boss V-Wah which was about 4 times as expensive and about 4 times as noisy in use/ Feature: Excellent - tweakable q control, fine tuning and a preset boost with side-switch operation - like the top end Dunlop wahs. Ease of Use: So easy - any stting sounds good. And it even sounds good with my Jazz Bass, since I can tweak the sound to suit the instrument. Quality: Here's where it falls down. The casing is solid, the electronics haven't broken, but what has happened is that the pin holding the treadle to the bass falls out when the pedal is used vigorously. And the wah doesn't operate until halfway through it's upward travel. Sort the quality out, Behringer. May have to modify it to suit... Value: Come on, you find an optical wah with boost and fine tuning and Q control for this money... Manufacturer Support: Hmmm... The Wow Factor: It's a black wah pedal - not exactly unusual, huh? Overall: If I can successfully iron out the faults, then I'll be thoroughly impresses. If not, well, I only wasted

"Works Great for Bass!" submitted July 11, 2012

By Josef W in Grants Pass, OR
Overall
Musical Background: Playing Double Bass and Bass Guitar for 7 years.
Music Style: Rock, Jazz, Funk.
Sound: The sound is good for bass players as you can adjust the frequency affected. The fine tune knob helps dial in the right frequency for your instrument and the Q know adjusts the peak (high peak or more mellow peak) Feature: There is a boost function in case you need a little more gain, but i don't need that as a bass player. It doesn't use pots, so as it gets old, you won't have a lot of static when you move the pedal. Ease of Use: Pretty straight forward, although it takes a little time to find the right sound. the pedal activates once you push it down. One downside to this pedal is that it will deactivate if you leave it up too long, but you can adjust that. Quality: Metal base and solid plastic body. It feels very reliable and it would be fine for regular use. I don't recommend throwing it down a flight of stairs to test it, but it looks and feels like it could take some abuse. Value: This product is definitely a great buy. At $40-50, this product performs very well. Manufacturer Support: I haven't dealt with Behringer yet, as the product is working just fine. Zzounds, however, is amazing. I found this product advertized on amazon.com for a cheaper price, and Zzounds were happy to beat it. I got it for $39.54 with free shipping! The Wow Factor: I like how well it worked with my setup (Fender Jazz Bass, Markbass Mini CMD 121p). I have it going through my effects loop and it sounds great! I did laugh, though, when I got home and saw the box it came in. It came in a box that was 2'x1.1' 1"x9". Clearly a giant box for this item, but it was protected well and gave me a good laugh! Overall: Great Pedal for one who does not wish to pay $80+ for a decent wah!

"you get what u pay for, this is a budget pedal" submitted May 28, 2009

Musical Background: band member, hobbyist
Music Style: techno, ambient, acoustic, rock, metal, blues, jazz, and anything joe satriani does
Sound: the sound wasn't to bad, it didn't offer enough "tweakability" for me. it made very mild sounds compared to what i wanted it to do. i played with all the knobs i could find and it didn't give me the sound i was really wanting, but at 30 bux it wasn't horrible. Feature: features kinda suck, there are alot in terms of what u can look at, but im a man of specific taste when it comes to sound and the features didn't matter because they didn't do enough for me at all. also, i'd like to be able to click the pedal on and off instead of having it be optical. that part kinda sucked cuz of the lag time. Ease of Use: its pretty simple, there were a few knobs on the side that i thought did very little for the quality of the wah, but it is very straightforward. Quality: its a 30 dollar berhinger, and u get exactly that. i decided to make a pedal board today and had to take the rubber feet off the bottom of the pedal, the screws holding the feet in were crap. after i finally got the feet off and somehow managed to get the screws back in i saw an adjustment for the bypass delay time or something like that on the back, i decided to give that a shot and see what happened. the damn thing broke off inside the pedal, so i had to unscrew the pedal (the screws now have NO head on them and are completely useless, and the piece to adjust the bypass delay time is done for. i tried fixing it but couldn't get it to work, so now my pedal is stuck with like 3ish seconds of bypass delay time and not even worth the trip to throw it out. i've had other berhinger products and they are very cheap, but they are also very poorly made and almost always of low quality, this pedal was no exception. Value: i owned the pedal for about a year and a half till it did went tits up on me. so if ur on a tight budget and just want a very basic wah pedal this one is a good bet, just don't expect it to hold up forever. but if u aren't worrying about money go with like a morley or the good 'ol crybaby Manufacturer Support: haven't had to deal with them directly. i looked around on their website and the way they word their warranty it looks like they don't wanna give up any more services than they absolutely have to. The Wow Factor: its a wah pedal, not to much flair going on. just basic, but it gets the job done Overall: i think im gunna save up and buy a decent wah, or possibly like the EHX HOG that thing is awesome, and incorporated wah, with many other things it can do.

"It cost exactly like it should cost !" submitted January 2, 2007

By a customer from inbox.lv
Musical Background: It's only a hobby
Music Style: Rock , regae and funk
Sound: it's quiet normal, but sometimes it starts to crack or something like that Feature: Many options, but not very usefull Ease of Use: Quiet easy Quality: Not very happy, because it's made of plastic and top part of pedal is shaking and I'm afraid it will broke :| Value: Product worth its price ! I'm happy about ths pice, because I wanted to try out the Wahs and it had the best price of them all Manufacturer Support: it's normal Overall: It's not the best wah and it is not very resistance, but if you don't have much money and want to try out the wahs, then it's the best deal !

"Ok for 30 bucks" submitted July 26, 2006

Music Style: blues , jazz , classic rock
Sound: This wah pedal is okay for 30 bucks. Its hard to get a decent wah sound out of it becaue when you step on the pedal it increased the volume so much. If you use reverb with it it sounds okay. Feature: its a wah pedal Ease of Use: Easy to use, difficult to get a good sound Quality: it hasnt broken yet Manufacturer Support: dunno

"Great Product TEN SRAR (owner of product)" submitted June 18, 2008

Overall
Sound: When the pedal is fully pressed down it gives more of a "rock" sound, sometimes i just play music with the pedal pushed down because the sound quality is better. Feature: there are different settings, dials, and overdrive Ease of Use: very easy to use. no trouble setting up or using Quality: very well made. heavy construction and strong material. Value: low price great quality Manufacturer Support: Shipping was extremely fast. i was fully satisfied with delivery. The Wow Factor: The pedal itself is a beginner, "must have" sort of thing. Great for beginers Overall: I belive this product will last years, and keep me rockin on and on

"One Sweet Babe of a wah!" submitted January 19, 2013

By Don F in Silver Spring, MD
Overall
Musical Background: I've been playing professionally, avocationally, and simply as a hobbyist for 46 years.
Music Style: Rock, pop, blues, R&B, jazz rock, a little Latin.
Overall: Behringer's Hellbabe wah pedal is well-built, sounds gutsy and provides great value. The guitarist in my band uses this as his single pedal wah of choice, especially for its nice price. (he useshis multiple effects Boss ME-50 for his main wah sound, with its excellent and spacey modulation capabilities.) The Hellbabe is similar-sounding to a dunlop wah with a little less grit to its sound. It's not like a Morley wah at all, which I'd like to own for keyboards. I'm purchasing the Hellbabe (and a Behringer reverb machine vintage reverb pedal) with my next $100. If you need a broad or special, sweepable "Q" , then this is't the pedal for you- many of this sort of wah are available- but if you want and need a good, overall wah at a sweet price, then get to know this Babe!

"One Sweet Babe of a wah!" submitted January 19, 2013

By Don F in Silver Spring, MD
Overall
Music Style: Rock, pop, blues, R&B, jazz rock, a little Latin.

"Are you really that poor?? but this is false economy..." submitted January 18, 2009

Music Style: Acoustic, Blues, Rock
Sound: This pedal has tried to give the user a variety of wah sounds but really fails to give anything that is close to any of the common wah's that we are used to. Feature: Plenty of adjustments but they don't really do a whole lot or really help to improve or change the overall sound. Would be better to have less or no features and at least produce ONE good wah effect. Ease of Use: Read the manual, it's not a supercomputer. Quality: The case is sturdy enough for general use. The pin that hold the pedal to the base works loose all the time. The tiny piece of card that moves inside the unit that activates the optical sensor is junk. It has to be cut manually by the user to get the wah to really work properly...that means opening up the unit and using a calculated guess to get it right. Value: I think I paid 29 bucks for mine, now they are 40!! guess if you are really poor you could buy it as a foot exerciser. Manufacturer Support: Never dealt with Behringer. The Wow Factor: It takes up space in my closet, it's a good door stop...too big for a paper weight. Overall: Forget it, come on now guys, just pay the extra $30 and at least get a Dunlop Original, it'll give you a real 'wah' and last for donkeys.

"dont buy this" submitted February 23, 2008

Musical Background: hobby guitarist
Music Style: rock, blues, grateful dead etc
Sound: The boost of this pedal is very nice, could not get the blasted thing to work properly on wah setting, take off your foot, and the effect defaults to regular guitar sound......not good. Feature: I found the fact that if you take off your foot, it basically defaults to straight guitar was not a good thing. In fact, I tried to adjust that factor outta the mix and just plain gave up on it. Sold it for less than I paid to get something else. Ease of Use: Maybe it was just me, but I wish I had just paid the extra money and bought a good old Cry baby, now there is a pedal that you can take your foot off, and lo and behold it will play for decades like mine, 30 yrs and still works like a champ, duct tape and all. Quality: built like a brick outhouse, but if you cannot count on it to work if your foot is off from it, why even worry if it was made outta paper mache? Value: My opinion of the pedal is this....buy something else..CRYBABY whatever. Manufacturer Support: Here I gotta say that Behringer did do right by me when my GMX212 went belly up. Called em up, and they gave me a shipping number for ups and even shipped me a brand new one the next day. There I would say they went the extra mile. Maybe my pedal was defective. I guess I should have tried...I did not.....not their fault. The Wow Factor: Like kissing your sister.....butt ugly sister at that. EWWWWWWWW! no wait, I like that!not really just fooling. Overall: I fiddled with it for over a yr and finally gave up.....I am not some brainiac, but I think the instructions are a might hard to cypher.....

When you call, mention priority code 156S-6JQN. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976