When you call, mention priority code 171C-V78C

Rating and Reviews: Behringer HA400 Amp

Send a stereo mix to the band! This 4-channel headphone amp has a 1/4" TRS input and four 1/4" outputs with individual level controls. AC adapter included.

"Loud Bang for your Buck!" submitted March 11, 2008

By a customer from SPYDERVO.COM
Musical Background: radio air personality, VO talent
Music Style: CHR, Rock, R&B
Sound: This baby cranks!!! Wanted to feed my headphones from my mixer rather than my 200 watt amp in my rack, but the output was took low for my "too long" in biz ears"....the little Behringer amp did the trick for 20 bucks! Fairly clean, and loud. Feature: 4 separate amps with individual controls. Ease of Use: Very simple to use Quality: Nice metal box...the knobs feel solid. Manufacturer Support: no experience The Wow Factor: not sexy just works
27 of 28 people (96.43%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Great for recording" submitted December 16, 2008

Music Style: Death Metal, Black Metal, Thrash, Grindcore, Etc
Sound: I got this thing as we(the band) needed it because during recording our drummer had a hard time hearing the guitar/bass tracks(we're using an fostex x-16) and therefore had a hard time keeping tempo, He was never really of by much, but as a musician I am sure you know already it doesn't take much to ruin a good tune by being just a hair off tempo. Feature: Simple device Ease of Use: Just plug in your headphones and crank the volume up, Doesn't get much easier than that. Quality: Have had no problems so far, It's built pretty tough although it just rests on a desktop for recording so I haven't really tested it in rougher conditions than the home studio. I am also really gentle on all my gear so I don't foresee any major problems with this box. Value: We bought this amplifier mainly because of the drummer he can now actually hear everything the guitars are doing and hits the timing dead on like he should so that makes it worth quite a bit to us. The other neat feature is we can hook up multiple headphones now also, so while I am mixing tracks the rest of my bandmates can grab a pair a headphones and listen to the mixdown as well. Manufacturer Support: Haven't needed any support. Overall: It's perfect for what we needed for. If you happen to record your rough drafts & demos on old school equipment like us this will help you out for sure. Heck, even if you use more modern equipment it doesn't hurt to have a volume boost for your headphones. It also seems to bring out some good definition in the sound as well. Overall I'd say buy one even if you think you may not need it. It's defiently a useful tool to have hanging around just in case.

"20 Bucks, Lots of Uses - Get Creative!" submitted July 21, 2006

By a customer from netzero.net
Overall
Sound: Clean, punchy and clear-no noise that I can hear. Drives even difficult headphones well. Feature: Comes with it's own wall wart- nice. Does what it should. Ease of Use: 4 individual volume knobs...how much easier can it get? Quality: Rating of 9, not 10 'cause there's gotta be a catch somewhere. Solid aluminum case. Don't step on it and it'll last for a long time. Manufacturer Support: Direct dealer exchange for faulty product, responsive email support. The Wow Factor: I got one and gave it to my church. Now I want one for ME! Overall: This is being used in an unusual way- coming off of the matrix output of a Mackie Onyx large format mixer to distribute a non house mix to video and audio recording. The live mix is too heavy on vocals and keyboard, since everyone else uses their amps onstage. The matrix submix lets us compensate for that, and the HA400 lets me distribute that mix cleanly to different recorders at different levels. Perfect to feed a collection of pro- and consumer-grade units the church uses!

"Good Value & Good Product" submitted August 24, 2014

By David H in Fort Worth, TX
Overall
Musical Background: Musician on guitar-keyboards-bass guitar-trumpet-recorder, Singer, Songwriter,Audio Engineer for over 20 years
Music Style: Rock & Roll, Folk Rock, Country & Symphonic Rock all in Christian Gospel and Secular Music.
Overall: I bought 2 of these to replace homemade ones without volume controls in my studio. The price was great and they were shipped quickly. I tested all of the outputs and everything works great on them. I was surprised at how small they are and was expecting them to be a little bigger but the size doesn't bother me. They don't seem to add any noise to the signal path and they look good.

"works as it should" submitted March 14, 2014

By Brian Scott in cleveland, NC
Musical Background: 40yr pro recording/touring ,guitar and bass
Music Style: hard rock, heavy metal ,progressive rock
Overall: better than I hoped for ,I bought the pack with the 4 nady phones was worried about the bad rap the phone have but so far they have held up fine .The amp is plug and play simple and noise free . For the price it was worth a shot .only problem I have is the line in and headphone outs are on the same side of the unit

"my opinion" submitted February 27, 2008

Musical Background: hobbyist.
Music Style: rock. death metal. hardcore. indie. alternative. punk. country. underground hip hop. classical. EVERRRYTHING . NO MUSIC NO LIFE!
Sound: The sound is "LOUDER". it takes ANY one of my state of the art headphones and increases the volume much more than before. The sound is going to still vary depending on your headphones. I own: regular ipod earbuds, cheap no brand head phones, Sennheiser 280HD, Logitech NCH, Bose Over ear, and Ultrasone HFI700. ipod earbuds: with the amp, the sound was just louder, bleh. just pretend turning up the volume on the earphones until they blow. a bit distorted after turning them to high. cheap headphones: theres no brand. they sound like crap. with the amp they sounded much better. but to me the sound was still pretty bad. Sennheiser 280HD: These are awesome cans to begin with and without the amp these are my favorite headphones because its high in quality and its cheap! They produce amazing highs and mids but lack a punchy bass. with the amp, they made these headphones with a much punchier bass but the highs sometimes were to high. nothing is distorted but just SUPER LOUD!!! which is a good thing because all you have to do is make sure your source volume is somewhat lower and bring the amp power higher. overall it made an improvement with my headphones but when it comes down to it. I can live without the amp with these headphones since these are almost perfect for what they are. Logitech NCH: These logitech head phones have decent amount of bass. the highs and mids are average but with the amp it was almost a world of a difference. i tried listening to music with these but the bass was just too much after awhile but then i put on a movie and it was almost insane! i think these would be the perfect movie headphone when paired with this amp because it makes the highs and mids better and the bass much more explosive. so when you're watching a scene where theres a huge explosion you can hear the sharpness and the earthshaking bass. ok maybe earthshaking is wAAAAAy exaggerated but thats okay because its still quite noticeable. overall, the amp is a must with these headphones. Bose Over ear: I know a lot of audiophiles wouldnt say a lot about bose because there are much better stuff out there like Grado, AKG, Sennheiser, etc. but i really like these headphone because its probably the most well balanced headphones I've ever listen too. Its has good highs and mids while having a very VERY thumping bass. perfect for any music genre. these headphones become very powerful when connected to this amp. since these headphones are so well balanced everything becomes enhanced in every way. Again, the amp is a must accessory with my bose headphone. Ultrasone HFI700: This headphone is my pride and joy. No one touches these or puts them on but me. music just sounds different with these headphones. when i say different, i mean it in the best way as possible. The sound can not be explained. it just cant. no matter what i say, no matter what i type, no matter how hard i try nothing will be able to describe how good these cans are. Now as i paired it with the amplifier the headphone became a live. Feature: no feature. it does one thing. adds more power to the headphones to give louder/ sound. but ask yourself, is louder better? HELL YEAH IT IS! Ease of Use: its so easy even you can do it. = ) Quality: alloy casing. average weight for its size. if i dropped it i wouldn't be concerned because its built VERY sturdy. Value: c'mon dude 20 bucks for a mini amp that can make your ears bleed?! FTW! Manufacturer Support: the best support is no support. if i didnt have to pick up the phone to call then everything is alllllllllll good. The Wow Factor: i wanted to see how much better it could improve some of my head phones. Overall: I'm completely satisfied with this product. Just understand that this amp will improve the sound by making your content LOUDER. since i own only 1 earbud i really can't be much help to other owners who perfer earbuds. in my own test, i found that the ipod earbuds is not needed. adjusting the volume knob on the amp to high will cause the earphones to get distorted very easily. As for headphones, it is a must. whether you like listening to rock, death metal, country, classical, blues, hiphop or watch dvds it will make your experience much more enjoyable. I'm going to find away to hook this up to XBOX 360 and play gears of war on my headphones i bet it would be amazing as well.
16 of 19 people (84.21%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"The Amp is plug-and-play magic. A rarity in the music world." submitted February 15, 2011

Overall
Musical Background: "Active Musician"
Music Style: Jazz Funk, Pop
Feature: I bought the Behringer Headphone Amp with the Nady Headphone Package (with four sets of headphones). Obviously, in a bundle like this, I didn't expect the headphones to be great, but they're adequate. The in-line, volume adjustment is a plus, but the stereo mini to stereo 1/4" adapters are sub-par. 2 out of 4 are useless.

"Beware of impedance issues!" submitted March 7, 2009

Overall
Sound: This product sounds fine if you're simply hooking headphones directly into the unit. In fact, it sounds quite good. However, it DOES NOT WORK over long distances (25' - 50') of low gauge wire, such as a snake. I believe this is due to impedance issues. Feature: This has the basic features you need to split and individually amp a signal 4 times. It lacks 1/8" in/out, but that's solved using an adapter. Ease of Use: Doesn't get any easier than this. Quality: This unit looks and works fine. The knobs feel a little chintzy, but not too bad. However, I have other Behringer equipment that feels a lot sturdier than this, so this is certainly not their shining product. Value: Impedance issues aside, this is a very good deal. The Wow Factor: It's functional, but not sexy. Overall: The unit sounds good, but only if you're jacking a pair of headphones directly into it. It doesn't work over long runs of low gauge wire (such as a snake), making it unsuitable for many professional/semi-pro studios. I returned the unit and bought an ART HeadAmp4 - WELL WORTH THE EXTRA $20. The ART is much better built, the knobs feel nicer, it's stackable, and it has 1/8" and 1/4" jacks. If you have a pro studio, go with the ART. If you've got a small home studio and don't intend to expand, the Behringer will probably work well for you.

"Behringer Headphone Amp" submitted June 1, 2014

By Al S
Musical Background: Steel pan, keyboard, guitar
Music Style: all kinds
Overall: Very pleased with the service and quality. Arrived in record time. Thank You so much.

"Good Deal for a basic headphone amp." submitted October 10, 2006

Musical Background: Music Listener with some PA/recording experience
Music Style: Jazz, Classical, Alternative, Classic Rock
Sound: Hum and noise are non-existant. I use the amp at low volume levels for late night TV viewing. The bass is tight and the highs are smooth. I am very happy with my purchase. Feature: Simple and easy to use. Most all of my connections are 3.5mm, so had to find adaptors, but would rather have 1/4 phone as they seem to hold up longer. Have had problems in other equipment with 3.5mm jacks breaking. Ease of Use: Plug it in and go. Didn't need a manual. Value: I would have paid the price for a single channel amp. This has 4. Manufacturer Support: Did not have to contact company. The Wow Factor: This product is not sexy. It is a practical design that gets the job done. Overall: This will last me a very long time. I might consider buying a second one for the car so the kids can watch a dvd when we travel.

"Solid value for a terrific price!" submitted July 13, 2006

By a customer from smithism.com
Musical Background: Active Musician, musical coordinator for a church
Music Style: Rock, Pop, Christian, Alternative
Sound: My home studio set up is on a tight budget, and I just needed several singers to monitor tracks while laying down vocals. There seems to be plenty of power (volume) in the headphones with no discernable distortion even at high volumes. Feature: This cost $19.99 - so don't expect any features besides individual volume controls. It is perfect for what it is. Ease of Use: Plug it in and go! Quality: Very simple metal box, single LED, 4 knobs. All seems pretty solid. I've had no trouble at all using it so far. I was skeptical what I would get for so low a price, but I feel like this is a value! Value: Seems like a great value for the price! Manufacturer Support: N/A The Wow Factor: This is not a sexy item. This is a "gets the job done, and done well on the cheap" type of item. Overall: This will do for me until the time comes when I am sure I want to invest more money into a more professional home studio. When I do, Behringer will be my first choice.

"Great for Motorcycle application" submitted October 4, 2006

By a customer from myway.com
Overall
Musical Background: Once a professional musician (very long ago)
Music Style: Rock (oldies), jazz, R&B et al
Sound: I ride a motorcycle and have three input devices. Radar detector (mono), XM radio (stereo needs amplified), could have GPS mono voice. The mixer/amp worked great on the motorcycle and the individual volume levels for each input was usful on set up. During driving, the individual devices (except XM) could be adjusted. If radar went off in city, its volume could be turned down. The Wow Factor: Could you build one that has 1/8th inch input/output. Again, I see a great motorcycle potential as is and even better with modifications. The modifications should not cost $55.00 but you could ask that much more for an "improved" product.

"A MUST HAVE ACCESSORY!! FOR ANY PROJECT LARGE OR SMALL!!" submitted January 28, 2008

Musical Background: musician, recording engineer
Music Style: Metal, Rock, Experimental, Techno
Sound: I give sound a ten because i cant find anything wrong with it. seems clear and loud. no complaints. Feature: I give features 7 beacuse although it is incredibly ease to maintain and operate, it does not have the simplest or most functional feature, the ON/Off switch. You basically have to keep it plugged in and theres a glowing green light that gets kind of annoying if its on all the time. so leave it plugged in, or bend over to plug it in every time. Ease of Use: Could not be easier to use. plug and go! no instructions needed!! Quality: very light, almost too light. but straight, and to the point. i had to put four little rubber feet on the bottom so it didnt scratch my other gear and so i didnt have to hold it with both hands to plug something in/out. Value: cannot be beat for the price! Period! I would have paid AT LEAST twice what it costs if i were to guess. Manufacturer Support: havent needed any... The Wow Factor: Sex appeal?? hardly. its a rigid little metal box with pointy corners and knobs sticking out...but if your into that sort of thing, thats a whole other story... Overall: Overall had to give 9. it functions well and cannot be beat for the price. but could not give a 10 for lack of the ON/OFF switch. other than that. its excellent.

"Behringer HA400 4-Channel" submitted April 1, 2014

By Michael Janeiro in Orlando, FL
Overall
Musical Background: Professional recording, touring for 30+yrs. Multi-instrumentalist/voclist, HS/Coll Band Dir.,GizmoProductions.net
Music Style: Rock, Pop, Country, Christian, Film Scores, Accompaniment Trax. Produced 20 CDs for major record label, scored 4 feature films,
Overall: I shopped several brands and models of headphone amps for GizmoProductions.net, and wanted something portable to move to where the artists were recording, so that THEY could have control of their volume, similar to an Aviom. It works great for 2-4 vocalists or a vocalist/guitarist duo, or any other configuration. Great price, great simplicity, sturdy construction, and a great deal with the optional headphones!

"Do not buy it." submitted November 23, 2008

Musical Background: Home recording studio
Sound: The channels that worked were clean, but the first one I received had a dead left channel on the #1 output. I returned it and they sent me another which had dead left channel on #2 out put. Exchanged it for an ART unit which seems to be working very well. Quality: The two units I have had both had bad out puts.

"Junk" submitted August 5, 2013

By Jeff L in Massillon, OH
Overall
Musical Background: 40+ years in music and recording.
Music Style: Southern Gospel
Overall: Don't waste your money. I understand that it only costs $20 and you can't expect it to knock your socks off but I thought I'd be able to get a reasonable volume level out of it! BAH!!! I can't get it turned up even a quarter of the way it's all noise, noise and noise. It's junk. RUN AWAY NOW!!!

"LOOK CAREFULLY - THIS BABY IS PACKED WITH TONS OF HIDDEN FEATURES!" submitted January 18, 2006

Musical Background: I do Everything
Sound: not too shabby! (for behringer...) Feature: well, it does what it's supposed to. I dont think this product exactly has any "features!" Dear Behringer: In the next model, please put the headphone jacks on the front and the input/power on the back! (duh!!) And make it rackable with a bunch next to it. And give it some pretty lights. And make the space where it says "level 1, level 2" a whiteboard-like material that you can use wipable markers on. Or better yet, make it a big LED screen programmable by USB, so I can put the name of each person's mix on it. Oh and I guess while you're at it, please add Auxiliary inputs and blend pots. And make the power supply internal. Or battery powered. Or both. Am I asking too much? Quality: It's metal - nice one boys! Value: OK I gotta admit it's dirt-friggin-cheap and does exactly what they advertise. I don't feel ripped off having bought this; I knew exactly what I was getting into. Manufacturer Support: N/A/ Who the heck needs tech support for a headphone amp like this? I can't believe I'm writing this review.... The Wow Factor: Just saw it, bought it, whatever. Overall: I wasn't exactly searching the world over for something like this. I do get a lot of comments about it though. 6/10.

"piece of junk" submitted August 28, 2009

By a customer from verizon.net
Musical Background: average joe
Music Style: mostly rock
Sound: the 60hz hum is ridiculus. cant believe nobody has noticed this, a waste of good money

When you call, mention priority code 171C-V78C. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976