When you call, mention priority code 16J4-MLH6

Rating and Reviews: Behringer GDI21 Pedal

Recreate the best amp tones money can by from squeaky clean to super distorted. This stomp box can go toe-to-toe with any amp.

"Does it's job, and does it well." submitted January 25, 2011

Music Style: Worship/ Acoustic Americana/ Swampy country-blues
Sound: I am used to playing through a class A tube amp, but needed something for church to use my custom pedal board. I was pleasantly surprised with the sound I got from this box. Convincing tube amp sound through the PA. As a DI box, this is the best electric sound I've had playing through a PA system. Great clean sound was very easy to find. Feature: Not a lot of features, which is nice. Simple to get a good clean sound. I have boutique overdrive effects so I was looking for something clean. Simple tone controls. You can also get a nice overdriven sound with this but I preferred my pedals for that. Ease of Use: Very easy to use. Plug it in, dial in your sound, and go. Doesn't get much easier than that. Quality: This pedal is well made, but it is plastic. I knew that. Sound wise it compares to other similar pedals, but this is a third of the price. You get what you pay for. I leave this on the platform at church and it never moves. I don't think it would hold up to use on the road, but it's good for what I need it for and for what I paid for it. Seems like it will be reliable as long as it is taken care of. Value: For the price this can't be beat. You could spend a lot more on similar items that might be built better, but you'll pay for it. Manufacturer Support: I have never dealt with the company. From what I've heard I don't know that I will ever have to. The Wow Factor: This is just a practical addition to my set up. Patty Griffin and Emmylou Harris provide sex appeal for me, not equipment. Overall: Good piece of equipment, depending on how long it lasts will determine my overall satisfaction with this pedal. If it were lost or stolen I would have to get another one just for the sheer value and effectiveness of it for the price.

"Great unit for the money." submitted May 14, 2011

Music Style: Rock.q
Sound: It's not bad at all. Tweed clean with the drive all the way down is the only setting that will actually do a truly clean setting. But it's a decent tweed sounding clean. Distortion sounds are useable and better then I expected. Feature: I love the XLR output and the quarter inch (non speaker simulated) output. Very cool. I wish other sans amp units would take note of this. Ease of Use: Pretty straight forward and self explanatory. If you can use an amp you can use this. Quality: Haven't had it long, but it's a bit more robust build quality then I would have expected, for the money. And for the money, if I get a year out of it, I'll be happy. Value: For the money this thing is great. It does make a bit of noise, but nothing unacceptable for a live situation. Great for a small budget studio. Or an apartment studio with no ability to use an amp. I use it for late night practice and recording without waking the whole neighborhood. Manufacturer Support: Never used it. Overall: Overall I'm very pleased with this unit. Especially considering the price I paid for it. Had I paid more I might not have been so happy with it though.

"Great Pedal for Many Cool Sounds...at a Great Price" submitted June 13, 2011

Musical Background: Active Musician. playing for 40+ years
Music Style: Rock, Pop, Punk, 60's, 70's & 80's stuff
Sound: The different sounds are fairly authentic. I use it primarily for recording. It hums a little more than I'd like it to...but what pedal doesn't? Ease of Use: Very easy to use. Just plug in and fiddle around! Quality: Seems very solid. I've only used it in the studio but, I would gig with it and be confident it would meet my needs. Value: Big bang for the bucks. The Wow Factor: It's not sexy....it just does the job well. Overall: Short of going out and buying three full sized amps, I couldn't ask for more from this pedal. I still have and use some 30+ year old pedals...I hope this one lasts as long. If it did break or wear out I would probably replace it.

"Avoid this unless you want extreme distortion" submitted January 19, 2013

By Rich K in Merced, CA
Overall
Musical Background: Play guitar at home and in jam sessions; have sat in with bands, but not in one.
Music Style: Mostly blues, some rock and jazz standards.
Overall: The unit models 3 different amps and also allows straight pass-thru. The output levels are wildly different, the tweed level is very low, the straight-thru is a little louder, and the 2 others are crazily louder, making it very tricky to switch between them. Also, even with the drive set to the lowest setting, the 2 non-tweed settings distort (my mixer wasn't indicating overload, so the distortion was coming from the Behringer). I actually thought the unit was defective following an exchange with tech support, and ordered a different one from a different source, and it was exactly the same. The tweed setting did sound a little bluesy, but muffled (I play blues). For the record, I was playing through a Mackie FX-12 mixer and Mackie SRM 450v2 speaker; the mixer has a DI box option built into one channel, and the guitar (1980 Gibson 335s with Dirty Fingers pick-ups) sounded better through that channel and integrated DI than through the Behringer into a normal channel.

When you call, mention priority code 16J4-MLH6. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976