When you call, mention priority code 1ZY-3YK3

Rating and Reviews: Behringer FCB1010 Pedal

The Behringer FCB1010 offers easy MIDI control of your rig. With 10 banks and 2 expression pedals the Behringer FCB1010 makes effects control easy.

"Lots of fun. A must have for a MIDI studio." submitted January 5, 2005

Overall
Music Style: Techno, Rock, Easy Listening, Pez, Bratwurst...
Sound: Doesn't make any sound... Feature: I think the features in this unit are pretty nice. There are 100 presets, and each preset can control multiple MIDI devices. For example, with the push of one pedal you could send 5 different program change signals to 5 different MIDI instruments, 2 different control signals to two MIDI instruments, and set the two expression pedals to send MIDI control values 0-127 for two different controls on two different MIDI instruments. Every once in a while I wonder why Behringer didn't give you the ability to send more than 2 controller signals instead of 5 program change signals with each preset - however it's really not limiting me yet. Quality: IN RESPONSE TO OTHER REVIEWS THAT CLAIM THE EXPRESSION PEDALS DON'T WORK: Out of the box, my expression pedals didn't seem to work. I calibrated the unit and they now work fine. Just do a search on the web for the words "behringer", "footpedal", and "calibrate", or something like that - the calibration directions are all over the web. Other than that, the quality seems pretty solid. The expression pedals feel a tiny bit flimsy, but I haven't had any problems with them. Value: For all the functionality you get in this product I think it's absolutely a good buy if you have multiple MIDI instruments that you'd like to use it with. I think it might be a bit overkill if you're only using it with one - however there's nothing else out there that seems better, so it's a good buy for that too. Understand that you should probably have an intermediate understanding of MIDI to get the most out of this and you'll have to spend a little time learning how to use it. Manufacturer Support: Haven't had to use it yet. All my questions have been answered by searching the web. The Wow Factor: i dunno - it's not particularly ugly, so.... Overall: I'll probably have this for a long, long time. Having two assignable expression pedals is great.

"FCB1010 footcontroller, great tool, lousy instructions!" submitted December 28, 2004

Music Style: Rock, Contemporary Christian, Swing
Sound: Doesn't generate sound. Foot switch controller for Midi devices. In this case, used with a Johnson J-Station Feature: Features are that it is programmable for just about any MIDI device. Operators manual was pretty much useless. Very Poorly written. Quality: Seemes relatively strong. Metal case. Foot switches encased in rubber. I have had it over 18 months and use it weekly. I don't move it around too often. No case with it so I had to purchase a Fender Instrument Midi controller case. Value: After corresponding with others that have tried other controllers, this one seems to have the consensus as best value for the money. Others may have a built in Tuner function, but this one is less expensive. Most bang for the Bucks. Manufacturer Support: I had to email Behringer's USA office to get the new software chips. Have had no other issues so no further contact with Tech Support. The Wow Factor: Nothing "Magnetically appealing" about it. Just functional. Nothing to make one LUST after it. Overall: Doubt if it will wear out. I doubt if I have the need to upgrade. Yes, it does help me meet my musical needs. If it were lost or stolen, yes, I would buy it again. I like it because it works. Once I learned how easy it was to program it, I liked it more. Again, the Operators manual, well, sucked big time. Completely useless.

Behringer FCB1010 Pedal Customer Review submitted October 17, 2004

Music Style: Quite diverse
Sound: N/A - MIDI Feature: Lots of features for the money. Despite the claims of other reviewers, the expression pedals on my unit work fine. I had to calibrate them the first time I used it and haven't had any problems since. Anybody whose having trouble with the pedals, read the manual and recalibrate them. My main complaint is that you can assign 5 program changes, but only 2 sysex sends (CC or Control Change messages) per pedal. I believe this is because the pedal is mainly designed to be used with guitar and bass amps that use MIDI to control effect settings. I use it as a MIDI controller for software on my computer and have far more use for CC messages than program change messages (CC messages are what you use for midi control of knobs, sliders and buttons on your music software). I suppose part of the blame goes to the software I'm using, as it won't allow one CC number to control multiple settings. Quality: Rugged, heavy. I spilled beer on it, and it still works fine. Value: Lots of features for the money. I bought B-Stock, so it was even cheaper. Manufacturer Support: Haven't needed to contact Behringer yet, which is a big plus. Their manual, on the other hand, is one of the worst I've seen. Behringer's Web site isn't great either. Overall: You get a lot of features for the money, which is why I bought it. On the other hand, programming it is more complicated than it should be and the documentation is horrible. A good buy if you're good at figuring things out on your own.
18 of 19 people (94.74%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"FCB1010 Thumbs Up" submitted February 21, 2011

Musical Background: Active musician since 1960
Music Style: Blues, Rock, Classic Rock, RnB, Funk
Sound: This is a Midi foot controller so the sound really doesn't apply Feature: I own 2 of these controllers and use them for both my Fender CyberTwin and Cyber Deluxe. They're programable if I have other midi type equipment that I want to use them on. Ease of Use: There's a learning curve on just about everything that's out there today but, I was able to use this right out of the box without having to make any adjustments. If I did want to access more capabilities I'd just have to program it and I'm there. Quality: I like this controller over my OEM Fender. It's half the weight and half the price. Value: It's half the price of OEM Fender controllers and they'll do the same job. Manufacturer Support: Haven't had to deal with the company on this or any other Behringer equipment I've ever bought. The Wow Factor: It's practical and affordable. Nothing special about the looks but the colors blend in with about everything else on stage. Nothing stands out about it but, being it's a floor controller, I wouldn't want anything that really flashy. It looks and works perfect for its application. Overall: As a main goal, it's to save money whenever possible. This piece of equipment does everything I would expect of it and probably more if I needed it to. No need to look for anything to replace it and it's flexible enough to use on other midi equipment if needed. I'll have it as long as I have a need for it and at this time I don't see any reason for an upgrade, change, or replacement.

"Great foot controller." submitted August 27, 2008

By a customer from integra.net
Music Style: Rock, Blues, some Metal
Feature: Lots of pedals and two expression pedlas. Thats plenty. Ease of Use: I know first hand that it is a bear to figure out for most uses. However, if you use it with the Behringer Vampire series of guitar effects and amps or with the Behringer V-Tone amps it is super easy to use. It gives you so much more versitility with these amps. Quality: Built like a tank. Value: Its inexpensive for what you get. Manufacturer Support: Never need them. The Wow Factor: I now need this for use with my Behringer amps. Without it would be tough. Overall: It works great and is reliable as can be. What more do you need?

"Good unit for a tech-head - manual is poor" submitted July 19, 2006

By a customer from pro-net.com.au
Music Style: Rockabilly/Rock n Roll
Sound: would help if I could understand it better! Feature: Miriad of setup possibilities Ease of Use: Manual is poor in terms of going through the set ups - not easy for a MIDI newbie Quality: Rugged and self contained

Behringer FCB1010 Pedal Customer Review submitted November 20, 2011

By a customer from excite.com
Overall
Musical Background: 20yrs playing . Guitar and Bass. Working on band.
Music Style: Hard Rock, Heavy Metal, Drum and Bass, Alternative
Sound: The product is awesome. It is difficult to program but worth it. I use it with my V-amp pro works great. Feature: Easy to use once its programed to do what you want. Ease of Use: Very difficult to program. Found a guide for dummies on it and it made it a little easier to program. Value: reasonably priced. Manufacturer Support: have not needed to . The Wow Factor: I own it. Overall: If it wasn't so hard to program I would give it a better score.

"If you like a challenge.." submitted January 22, 2006

Musical Background: Musician/composer
Music Style: electro/hip-hop
Feature: lots of features, I can't imagine anything you could want to do with this thing that it can't *theoretically* be programmed to do Quality: Decent craftsmanship/solid as per usual with behringer products Value: Decent value, again what you would expect from behringer

"Behrenger FCB 1010 Foot Controler" submitted January 25, 2016

By Dave R in Clatskanie, OR
Musical Background: Guitar, 10 years
Music Style: Rock, Blues
Overall: I bought this controller for my Avid Eleven Rack, and it is a huge disappointment. Instructions were minimal, even the manual that you have to download off the net. I tried contacting Behringer 3 times, and received no response. So back to my pedal board> Now I only use my eleven rack in a studio environment. I will never buy a Behreinger product again

"fcb1010 is a definate piece of my arsonal" submitted January 9, 2006

By a customer from verizon.net
Music Style: hard rock
Sound: not used for my sound just to control my behringer vamp pro Manufacturer Support: support is not bad but i am having trouble finding an upgraded eprom chip 4 it The Wow Factor: I LIKE THE FCB1010 DEFINATE PICE OF MY STAGE ARSONAL Overall: if i could find the eprom chips for it it could keep me 4 ever

"Unreliable and poorly built. Flexible programming, easy to program, good manual. " submitted April 5, 2010

By a customer from mcsdstudio.com
Overall
Musical Background: full time instrumentalist, composer
Music Style: experimental electro-acoustic
Sound: it doesn't make sound Feature: Flexible programming and easy to program. Good manual. BUT I have owned four over the last 5 years and all of them have had a switch or pedal break. While it looks and feels sturdy it is not. I treat all my instruments/tools with a lot of care and the units broke because they are not well made NOT because of abuse. I've had a Yamaha MFC10 foot controller on the road at the same time and never had any problems. Ease of Use: Interface is nice. Flexible programming and easy to program. Good manual. Too bad they fall apart :-( Quality: No. I have owned four FCB1010's over the last 5 years and all of them have had a switch or pedal break. While it looks and feels sturdy it is not. I treat all my instruments/tools with a lot of care and the units broke because they are not well made NOT because of abuse. I've had a Yamaha MFC10 foot controller on the road at the same time and never had any problems. Value: I'm MORE then happy to pay two or three times as much for another company's foot controller that is sturdy and reliable. The FCB1010 may be inexpensive but it sure is unreliable. You get what you pay for and the FCB1010 is proof. Manufacturer Support: Difficult to contact and not at all helpful. The Wow Factor: doesn't matter how sexy it is if it breaks Overall: I will never buy another FCB1010 again. My living depends on reliable instruments.

"No substitute for quality" submitted May 15, 2003

By a customer from philips.com
Music Style: jazz
Sound: N/A Feature: Great features - I wish I wish I wish they would work because the only thing like them is an ART and they aren't too good at making things work either Quality: The expression pedals on three units failed to work. This is not good quality Value: I want one so bad but i need them to work and the expression pedals do not Manufacturer Support: No answer on e-mail promised to call back - still waiting The Wow Factor: it has great features. I want it so bad I am about to reengineer it myself to get the expression pedals to work Overall: I think I have been clear. I won't go into the testing details but suffice it to say: In the programming mode you are supposed to be able to use expression pedal A to set parameter values. It won't even do that. I tried three units right out of the box

"Great for a tech-head with a tight budget" submitted January 17, 2007

Music Style: Electronic
Feature: Plenty of configuration available. Maybe too much. Ease of Use: Really difficult and time consuming to configure. With any luck though, you'll only need to configure it once. Quality: The main pedals are sturdy, rugged and quick to respond. The expression pedals are not so hot though. They have a really small response range. I'm tempted to replace the potentiometers and see if that'll give a more expressive transition from loud to soft. Value: Great bang for your buck as pedals go. Really low price but still gets the job done of most pedal boards. The Wow Factor: Meh... looks okay. Nothing spectacular.

"crap!!!" submitted October 8, 2006

By a customer from shsu.edu
Overall
Overall: this product sucks. it does not do half of what it promises. The pedals are absolutely worthless and when i called for support all i got was being put on hold!

"The most affordable MIDI footswitch" submitted July 10, 2011

Overall
Sound: This product is a MIDI foot switch that controls other musical devices such as keyboards, sound modules, etc. Therefore, it produces no sound. Feature: This product has no accessories. All you need is a MIDI cable to connect this product to any other device that you would like to control. And with a deep programming capabilities of this product, you would be able to produce a diverse range of features. Ease of Use: There is certainly a learning curve. If you have some basic MIDI knowledge and you are willing to read the manual, you will have a very very very powerful MIDI footswitch. Quality: zZounds did a good job by having double boxed this product prior to shipping. This double boxing method has kept the factory box look brand-new & pristine. The product is very solid and well-built. No loose parts & no blemishes. The product looks elegant & expensive. It also looks strong & sturdy for use "on the road". Value: Given the diverse range of functions that this product is capable of, this product is much cheaper than other MIDI footswitches made by other companies. Manufacturer Support: Because I have no issue with the product, I have no need to contact the company that made this product. The Wow Factor: As stated earlier, this product looks very elegant & expensive Overall: If this product were lost or stolen, I definitely would replace it.

"Great Product. Why isn't there more competition??" submitted July 1, 2008

Overall
Feature: a bit hard to program but i feed it into software so it's not a problem. it's got all the pedals i need! Quality: never had any trouble with it and i've used it for 3 years. I loan it out periodically to other musicians and i never worry it will be damaged. I'm only giving it an 8 because a good drop, or spilling liquid on it, would probably do it in. Value: I'm giving it a 6 because I wish it was around $100. However I haven't seen any other pedals with a continuous-controller pedal built in and that's what I really want. Manufacturer Support: idk. never had any trouble so i've never needed to call support! The Wow Factor: People ask me what it is all the time. Gigs, carrying it around, they see it and they want it. Overall: I don't know anything that compares to this feature set but I feel it could be better (i.e. I'm not giving it a 10). I own it and like (might buy another to keep in my home studio).

When you call, mention priority code 1ZY-3YK3. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976