When you call, mention priority code 154L-5RZV

Rating and Reviews: Behringer FBQ2496

The Behringer FBQ2496 features ultra-fast feedback detection and pristine 24-bit/96 kHz A/D and D/A converters. It kills feedback without killing your sound.

Overall

"Operating manual ISSUES!!... but once you set this unit up you will be pleased!" submitted June 5, 2009

By a customer from texarkanacollege.edu
Overall
Musical Background: Semi-Pro (gig on weekends)
Music Style: Country / Classic Rock
Sound: The unit does what is claims to do... eliminate feedback and allow the audio to be virtually untouched or colored in any way. I am very pleased with the unit once set up. Ease of Use: Why a rating of only 5? Because the newer unit OS ver 1.1 purchased in May 2009 does not set up per the operating manual (operating manual ver1.0 written in 2005). I own two of these units, the older unit OS ver1.0 purchased in 2006 sets up as advertised but this unit DOES NOT! You MUST initially put the unit in PEQ mode (parametric eq) and use the fly set up control wheel and set the mumber of parametric filters to some value (I chose zero) and then you can set the number of single shot filters and the balance of the remaining filters will function automatically. THIS INFORMATION SHOULD BE PROVIDED SOMEWHERE!!! After you do this initially it does not need to be repeated because the unit recalls all of the previous settings once the unit is powered down and it works GREAT! Quality: No problems here, the older unit has worked flawlessly for me now for 3 1/2 years. We play gigs 2-4 per month, we are pleased with how well the unit has performed once in operation. Value: Nobody can tough Behringer for price+performance. Manufacturer Support: I have had one experience with the Behringer company and they were very helpful. Zzounds has been wonderful to deal with as I have exchanged products with them and they have been very professional with me. Overall: Well built and performs as advertised... but Behringer needs a new technical writer on staff
32 of 33 people (96.97%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Well worth the money." submitted October 15, 2007

By a customer from therutas.net
Musical Background: Working Musician
Sound: I have this unit connected to all of our vocal mics routed thru a sub-group and it is noiseless. Even when running all 20 filters on a channel the overall impact it has on the sound is negligible. Feature: The FBQ elimination features are nice and easy to manage. The use of this unit as a parametric EQ is just plain silly, however, due to reasons listed in "ease of use" below. Learn mode and autolearn mode are horrendously hard on your speakers because they have to really be ringing for the system to tag it as feedback and suppress it. I had to wear earplugs the first time I let the system learn by itself as it was screaming before suppression kicked in. The use of the panic button in learn mode does prevent this from happening. Recommended procedure for shooting a room is listed below. Ease of Use: As a feedback eliminator, this unit is easy to use. The manual is dense, but easy to understand IF you study it for a few days while the product is in the mail. The manual is rather deceptive in that it makes you think the unit will automatically nuke feedback within 0.2 seconds. Wrong. It takes much longer to learn or autolearn feedback frequencies and will blow out your eardrums or your speakers first. Here's what I have found works best: Setting the system to learn mode and then slowly increasing the gain on the entire system to deliberately induce feedback while pressing the panic button repeatedly. This helps the system detect feedback more quickly and will save your ears and your speakers. Once all 20 filters are full, back the gain off and you now have instant headroom. Now as a parametric EQ, navigation is so clumsy and difficult you'd be better just spending $100 on a 15-band standalone eq. Quality: The product looks nice. The brushed aluminum is gorgeous. I gave it a 9 and not a 10 because the knob on the front isn't perfectly round and feels and looks cheap when it's wobbling around as you turn it. Other than that, it is well made. Value: Feedback suppression for $150........you can't really go wrong here. Once you've figured the darn thing out it really does it's job well. I was able to DOUBLE the volume of our practices in a small room with this unit because of the feedback frequencies it was supressing. Manufacturer Support: Can't rate this one; haven't needed support. The Wow Factor: It has gain LED's and lots of red lights.....looks cool in the rack. I've seen sexier feedback eliminators, but for $150, this is as hot as she's gunna get. ;-) Overall: This product does what it's supposed to do and does it well, after you've figured out how to use it without blowing your ears or speakers. As I said before, autodetect functions are quite slow, but using the panic button to help her along greatly reduces the sound level required to trip a filter.
81 of 86 people (94.19%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Super Feedback Suppression and Affordable - What a Concept!" submitted January 8, 2008

By a customer from texarkanacollege.edu
Musical Background: Semi-Professional musician, live sound technician
Music Style: Country, Classic Rock
Sound: No noise from the unit, and it does a great job of suppressing feedback. Too difficult to use as a parametric EQ, don't waste your time. Ease of Use: Easy to set up for Feedback suppression, and that is what I bought it for. I have used it for over a year in my band's monitor amp & EQ rack. We run four separate monitor mixes and I have used it to suppress feedback on two of those channels. Other channels feedback is regulated by a much more expensive Sabine filter and it does the same job at less than 25% the cost! Way to go Behringer. Quality: I have had no problems with the unit. I did have the cheaper Behringer older unit ad I had "clock hash" noise always at a low level coming through and it was much slower and harder to use. This unit has worked very well. Value: Great value. Manufacturer Support: no experience The Wow Factor: Looks like a piece of rack mount audio gear, nothing special. Overall: This unit meets my band's needs and I don't plan on replacing it.
14 of 15 people (93.33%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Great for very precise filtering." submitted October 17, 2007

By a customer from wideopenwest.com
Overall
Sound: I can't detect any noise from the unit. Feature: I use this as a parametric equalizer in manual mode. Even though another review said this didn't make much sense it does to me. The key is that this will do 1/60th octave filters. This is amazing and is very usefull for room peaks for low frequency (sub-woofer) improvement. Room treatments don't work very well at these frequencies and this product is the best solution. Ease of Use: Setting up the filters manually isn't a big deal once you do it once. Also, there is software avialable that will do it via MIDI download. Quality: I wish the side panels extended under the rack mounts wings. You can't remove the wings or else the sides are open. Overall, the build looks good. Value: Very high value. I haven't found anything else that will do this for this kind of price. Manufacturer Support: There documentation is OK but they could explain things a bit better about setting filters. The Wow Factor: The lights look cool until you want them off. :-) I use this in a home theater setting and cover up the red LEDs because they are too bright. For a rack look it would be sexy. Overall: I have not found any other product close to this value. There are systems that can do filtering like this but at many times the cost.
11 of 12 people (91.67%) found this review helpful. Did you?

Behringer FBQ2496 Customer Review submitted December 27, 2009

Overall
Sound: I play in a damp club (basement type) and often the sliders and pots build up garbage which makes them noisy and scratchy. This happens on all my equipment. From Rane to Panasonic, all do the same. I expected Behringer to be the worse and to my surprise, my Behringer equipment is not experiencing this problem. Go figure... Good stuff. As for sound quality, no different than my really expensive stuff. Feature: Just like any other expensive equipment. Good bang for the buck. Ease of Use: If you cant use this, you cant use any other equipment of this type. Quality: Best in "bang for the buck" category. Value: Best value. Manufacturer Support: Dont need support, just throw it out and buy another at that price.

"Behringer FBQ2496 Feedback Destroyer Pro" submitted October 9, 2012

By Brian C
Musical Background: Decades
Music Style: My own
Overall: Great, fantastic. This Feedback Destroyer Pro actually does eliminate 99.9 % of the feedback. It is built like a super heavy duty quality tank. It works for me. Thanks...........

When you call, mention priority code 154L-5RZV. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976