When you call, mention priority code 173R-10JP

For delivery by Dec. 24, order by 2 p.m. EST on Tuesday, Dec. 23 and select 1-day shipping.

Rating and Reviews: Behringer EM600 Pedal

Access every type of delay imaginable with this pedal. You can have vintage tape-based echo or clean, digital delay.

"Behringer EM600 Echo Unit" submitted June 24, 2014

By Wes H in Tomah, WI
Overall
Musical Background: Playing for 35yrs; previously gig'd, now just home recording & friendly jamming. Primarily Fenders, Strat & Jazzmaster.
Music Style: Instrumental surf-rock; a little bit of blues & country
Sound: Fine sound. It is also, contrary to many previous Behringer reviews, not particularly noisy in the signal chain when activated. In fact less noisy than a small Graphic EQ I have in line that doesn't have all that much boosted. One caveat (which doesn't apply just to this unit): If you operate with Trails ON (the echo continues after you turn the pedal off) you are not by definition operating in true-bypass mode, it can't - they are mutually exclusive. Unless you really need Trails ON for some dramatic effect I'd leave it off. Feature: Ability to preset a couple of different rhythms of multi-tapped echo in the Multi 1 & 2 settings on the unit. Also, in Echo mode, the Modulation knob at about 9:00 yields a fair amount of believable wow & flutter; hardly discernible for those not familiar with tape echo machines but it's there if you want it. (You can also make the machine sound like trash by turning it too far up, but that's an unrealistic simulation.) Also, separate from any stored multi-tap settings, turning the knob to Slap actually does provide a pretty decent rockabilly slap echo. So if you don't already have another delay dedicated to this sound it's a good thing to have in the bag. Ease of Use: Pretty easy - ONCE you get the manual from the Line6 Echo Park from which this item was cloned. Quality: Pretty fair quality; many will denigrate the high-impact non-metallic case but I tend to take care of my stuff. I don't gig anymore but would personally haul it along; but I might not loan it to a boot-stomping metalhead. Value: This criteria is one of those things that sets the EM600 apart; it is literally half to 1/3 the cost of another similar delay unit, let along something up into the gorgeous range of a Catalinbread Belle Epoch or something. But this pedal at its current retail is an incredible value. Manufacturer Support: No chance to evaluate this aspect; the unit works as it should. The mfr's website doesn't seem to have much in the way of forum or feedback for this unit but people are uploading their settings to the Line6 Tonecore site all the time it seems so that may be one source of ideas for settings. But not much from the mfr in terms of how to get the best out of the unit. The Wow Factor: Not particularly, other than the value because I'd probably never be able to justify the expense of some of the boutique units. A little bit of crafted echo from this unit into my outboard Fender reverb tank can be absolutely luxurious so that's as close as I'll get to "wow." Overall: First, I have heard (but do not know) that Behringer now owns CoolAudio who produce the chips for many of the classic delay boxes. Also, they now have a facility in China to oversee quality a bit better. I have no complaints on the quality of the unit, or its housing but then I'm not particularly hard on my stuff & still have an old Arion stereo analog delay from 30yrs ago that works great. I waited awhile for some home testing & recording before writing this so here goes: This is basically a very good clone of the Line6 Echo Park. Do yourself a favor and go out & get that manual off the internet as it's much better written than the 'Chinglish' little booklet that comes with the unit. As a result, there can be some experimentation and learning curve involved if you're not familiar with these functions and/or belong to the instant-gratification generation. With that out of the way, the unit was acquired primarily for a low-cost home recording tape echo simulation as well as to have a spare BBD-based analog delay around. These functions it performs extremely well and the range is quite good. The tap settings work well as long as you are honestly capable of tapping the 1/4 note tempo of the song in question. Playing primarily instrumental surf rock one of the best uses is for a couple of pre-set echo styles that can (attempt to) capture a Shadows-like echo as well as a fast tempo'd echo that smoothly trails off at a faster beat. Here's an example: Instead of the triplet or dotted-1/8th note settings I use Multi1 & Multi2 respectively. With the type of echo set to Tape, trails OFF, Modulation only at about 9 o'clock, Mix & Repeat at about 10 o'clock and Time at 12 o'clock, enter the tap mode per the instructions and tape the 1/4 notes of the intro drumbeat to Apache. Exit the tap mode, switch to Multi2, leave the settings the same, enter the tap mode, and tap the beat of something faster that you want, "Tequila" or something like that, then exit the tap mode. Now both of those are available on the Multi 1 or 2 settings. Multi1 yields some triplets that stay with the played note much better than the regular setting at the end of the dial; Multi 2 yields more pronounced following notes (what you play is what you get) than the bottom settings as well. This all just requires some experimentation but is worth the time investment.

"perfect u2 sounds and more" submitted February 4, 2014

By Mark Evans in Crete, IL
Musical Background: 35 year musician
Overall: The dotted quarter note mode will give you perfect U2 licks. just tap the tempo and go. Three modes emulate tape, analog and digital delay for versatility. Stereo slap and more.

"I hope that the pedal that I recieved was a isolated incedent, if not I think there will be a lot of disatisfied musicians want" submitted January 1, 2012

By a customer from sbcglobal.net
Musical Background: 44 years playing music 25 years semi pro
Music Style: Christian, blues, rock
Sound: EM 600 seems to have a good range of sounds from analoge to digital Feature: I bought this unit mainly because of the selectable taps and dotted modes to do U2ish type sounds Ease of Use: very easy to dial in sound that I was looking for Quality: Well I'm sorry to say that this is where the review goes south for the winter, as the features and ease of use was great the inherent noise in this pedal deemed it unfit for entended use, this thing is a hiss factory even when switched off the noise level is too much. I have never seen a pedal with this much noise including some overdrive/distortion pedals and I have been playing electric guitar for at least 40 years I believe this pedal could only function as a begginers training pedal to learn how to set delays and knob function to see how they react but beyond that, not fit for purpose Value: I have not tried other pedals of this type in this price range so I cant make a good comparison, all I can say is that if all of the EM 600's are as noisy as this one that there is not much value Manufacturer Support: Didnt deal with Beringher as I dealt with the retailer that I purchased pedal from to get a refund Overall: I only could stand it for about 15 minutes just long enough to make sure the hiss wasnt coming from a bad cord or amp (tryed it out on 3 different amps and 3 different cords.)

"Very nice Echo for the price." submitted January 4, 2011

By a customer from verizon.net
Overall
Musical Background: Retired Nightclub Guitarplayer(wore many Hats)
Music Style: All but Rap and Punk(40's,50's,60,s70,s)
Sound: Ok, so the pedal degrades the original sound a bit..... not a big problem, just compensate with your amp controls !! It has very clean sound as far as I can tell. The settings can be almost endlessly twiddled to almost any sound you could want. I love it so much I just ordered it's sibling the RV 600 Digital Reverb Pedal !!! Feature: It should have included a 9VDC Power Supply, as the 9v battery may not make it through a 5 hour gig.....(used to play mainly Nightclubs) The mode selector is a little wierd, as it has no detents! You must turn it carefully to make sure of the selection. Must be voltage control instead of wipers and contacts. Ease of Use: The tiny knobs are very close together, but still very usable. It's an echo device.... you set it so it sounds good to you, and play through it !!! Quality: It's ok, but keep in mind that the case is plastic, and the pedal switch is a tiny momentary switch down on the circuit board. Fine for light duty and home use, wouldn't want to use it on gig's though. Value: Very good price for what it does. Worth 3 times as much as I paid. Manufacturer Support: Haven't needed support. It's a big company, I'm sure the support would be fine. The Wow Factor: As soon as I heard it on youtube .... Overall: As long as it keeps working I won't need another echo pedal. If it is stolen or breaks I would buy the same one again. The thing I like least is the tiny momentary switch on the circuitboard being pressed by a footswitch !!! These don't tend to last too long being pressed by fingers let alone a rubber finger in the pedal.
10 of 13 people (76.92%) found this review helpful. Did you?

When you call, mention priority code 173R-10JP. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976