When you call, mention priority code 16KG-ZHL4
  • Mon, Tue, Wed 8AM - 10PM (EST)
  • Thur Closed
  • Fri 8AM - 10PM (EST)

Rating and Reviews: Behringer DJX700 DJ Mixer

47 24-bit digital effect presets. Ultraglide faders. 3-band kill EQ.

Overall

"Behringer DJX700: Better than a sharp stick in the eye." submitted August 17, 2007

Musical Background: active DJ
Music Style: Electro House, Drum and Bass, New Wave, Breaks
Sound: The sound is generally good, but at the top end theres a little noise that bleeds through into the PA, even with no sources plugged in. The noise gets much worse if you turn on the "surround" feature. The EQ cut buttons tend to pop periodically too, so I stay away from them on large PAs. Otherwise, its pretty average for a mixer. Better sound quality then an AM radio at least. Feature: Gee, it came jam packed with features, in the traditional Behringer way. Its simply a blatant copy of the Pioneer DJM600, made cheaper. The problem is, cheaper components add reliability issues, so the effects on my unit are kaput. done. dead. terminated. no more. buried in my back yard. See "quality" below for detail.... The BPM counters, well they don't count. The "surround" is really just some kind of expander. The best feature on this thing: the inputs. No shortage of inputs. Inputs for miles. Or kilometers if your in the rest of the world. Also theres an efects send / return, which is useful if you, like me, are mourning the loss of your internal effects. Oh and it has a lot of esoteric blinky lights. Thats a feature, right? Perfect to amuse your local raver. Ease of Use: The layout, like the Pioneer DJM600, is perfect. Two turn tables and two CD mixers are an ideal setup for this unit and can all be used concurrently. Theres tons of line in options, in fact I do believe there is one more line in then the DJM600. Everything is in a very logical place, and the EQ knobs are nice and big and smooth. Everyone likes big, smooth knobs. Quality: My father always beat into me "You get what you pay for." I hate it when he's right. For starters the BPM counters are more like BPM guessers. If you play anything faster then 160BPM, like drum and bass, forget about it. Besides, anyone getting into this type of gear shouldn't even look at the counters - I put duct tape over mine ;) The unit is not plastic, but the steel they used for the main chassis is questionable thin, and Ive found more rigid plastic. The aluminum top plate is reasonable and the silk printing on it seems pretty durable. Now for a sad story about the effects Get your Kleenex out like your going to watch Beaches with Bette Middler. Really, its not the effects fault at all. The digital effects processor sub-board which is mounted under the main mixing board is mounted RIGHT OVER the power supply transformer, which gets VERY HOT. Overly hot. It was simply a bystander and died before its time, tragically, and without friends. I don't know if the transformer is defective or not, but it heats everything in the vicinity to uncomfortable temperatures, including all the RCA inputs on the left side. The bottom of the unit is too hot to touch after a long night. Then theres the faders... they get sticky.. Unfortunately unlike the Pioneer this thing is a copy of, the faders are directly soldered to the main board and replacement is not gonna happen unless you have an extensive knowledge of electronics and a pretty pimp variable temp soldering iron. The crossfader, on the other hand, is just like any other mixer out there and is pretty simple to replace with micro screwdrivers. Anyone that has one out of warranty: if you have some concept of electronics, I suggest moving the power supply to an external box. It shouldn't be that hard, and will probably buy a lot more life out of this thing. Moral: the transformer is a cruel, horrible, hot tempered bastard. Much like my father, without the drink. Value: Everyone knows Behringer is cheap, er, I mean "inexpensive". I really think they've started to slip lately. They have the potential to be a lot of bang for the buck, but you lose that value point if the unit consistently fails right around the time the warranty runs out... Planned obsolescence is a growing trend in products manufactured in China. Unfortunately, Behringer seems to be going in that direction. Manufacturer Support: I'm not sure about Behrindgers support, as my mixer is long out of warranty. I'll find out soon when I attempt to order a replacement digital effects processor board. I'm betting that they're not going to bother sending me one. Its not common to be able to get internal replacement parts from manufacturers and their web site give the DC two step when it comes to sourcing parts. I hope to be pleasantly surprised. The Wow Factor: Oh man, I can't afford a Pioneer, but I really want one. Oh wait, this one looks just like a DJM 600, but its $900 cheaper (1/6 the price, literally)... Thats the hook. This thing looks like a gift from above at the music store when compared to the DJM to any DJ that can barely afford to buy socks and ramen noodles. I spent all my money on rent and turntables, and my rent was late anyway. So as you see the "I want it" factor climbs dramatically, as the money factor slides. Its not quite like buying a Rolex in Tijuana, but its pretty close. Overall: Oh Behringer! Are you listening? I know you mean well by supplying our grubby little DJ hands with affordable products, but how much more quality can we trade off before its too much? So in the end, I grudgingly have to give this monster a pretty low score, and I feel bad for that, because the potential is great for this product. I don't want to have to worry about my equipment becoming self aware in the middle of a show and refuse to work because it is tired. In the end, I would recommend saving a little more money, forgoing the Behringer Instant Gratification bug, and buy something that will last a little longer. In any case, this thing still works for me, but I'll be looking for something a little sturdier in the meantime. And FYI, Behringer EuroPower amps are a totally different story, and you can't go wrong there. Built like Panzer tanks, I tell you. But for the mixer, I give it a really strong "meh" rating, slightly above a long uncomfortable sigh.
125 of 128 people (97.66%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"The DJX700 for the money is a good mixer." submitted January 23, 2004

Music Style: Rap, R&B, House, Rock........ You name it
Feature: I'm not going to totally down the product. When you pay $200. for a mixer, the features arent all that bad. The BMP doesnt work good. The effects are okay. I compared a few and they stack up okay. Though one of the cheesiest effects to me was the echo, and the way that the effects were pre-assigned bpm. One feature I really like is the kill switch. If you want to really break down some music, this feature works great. Quality: The mixer looks great. I looked at it online, and in a couple of mags before I bought it. I thought it looked kind of cheap, but after taking it out of the box I was pleasently suprised. Value: Yes, this product is worth the price. For the price, its a good buy. Manufacturer Support: N/A The Wow Factor: Again, the mixer looks good, and has some good features. Overall: This product will serve me well. I was looking for an inexpensive mixer with effects, and I found one. My choice is the Pioneer 600 Mixer. I plan to buy one at a later date. I have to say that there is no comparison from a thousand dollar mixer to a $200 mixer. It's not a far comparison. They look simalar, and have some simalar features. If you want a mixer that's simalar but no price wise, get the behringer. If you have the money, know how, and want the best, get the pioneer.
22 of 23 people (95.65%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"The Hobo mixer: Delivers on some, but not all of its claims." submitted November 20, 2008

Music Style: House
Sound: Sound is ok, but you certainly shouldn't expect Pioneer quality. You can hear little blips and noises that shouldn't be there. Nothing too serious though. Feature: You can't possibly get this many features on any other mixer in this price range. I really like the kill switches for the mids, highs and lows. As for the effects, mostly crap. There are some that work ok, but you can barely even hear the filter and flanger. As far as I am concerned, you cannot hear the filter at all. Ease of Use: For anyone that has used a mixer before, the Behringer is super easy to use. The controls are very intuitive. If you have used pioneer mixers, this one is basically a copy. Someone who has been djing for only a short period of time can sit down and learn to use all the features on this mixer in a matter of a couple of hours. Quality: Haven't owned it long enough to really tell people how reliable this product is. I can tell you that the build is much flimsier than more expensive mixers, but that is what you should expect for the price. The faders don't have much weight to them, but most of the knobs feel pretty good. Except for the effects selection knob which feels like it could break at any moment. Value: I would agree that this product is worth its asking price. But that doesn't say a whole lot since it is pretty much the cheapest 4 channel mixer you can buy. Manufacturer Support: No experience here yet, thank god. The Wow Factor: The "I want it" factor for this mixer only exists for homeless DJs, maybe. Overall: I only chose this product because I am a poor student that cannot afford a better mixer. As soon as my financial situation changes I will purchase something better. Sadly it is impossible to find "good" mixers for cheap. The one thing that really upset me about this mixer is its claim of 40-something "breathtaking" effects. I hate false advertisement and this clearly is. If you want a mixer with effects walk away from this one, but you'll have to dish out much more cash.

"OOOH its cheap!....get what you pay for i guess.." submitted December 18, 2009

Musical Background: DJ and Techno producer
Music Style: Techno, House, Dub Techno
Sound: Buzz, never a good thing to have on your mixer. When compared to mixer's like it... it rates the worst in sound department. i thought my gemini sounded better and i sold that for 25 bucks! Feature: Wow tons of effects! too bad they broke and echo ended up being stuck on! Ease of Use: The effects are a little confusing as you have to memorize what they are by number, but the mixer is simple and doesnt deserve less than an 8 in this department. Quality: Didnt take long for the effects to poop out. Then during a set one of the channels visual eq decided to go as well. I had to turn it off and which it back on. That was scary. Value: This thing is cheap. Great way to learn how to dj and has all of the necessary features. Much cheaper than most 4 and 5 channel mixers. Manufacturer Support: ZE like to zpeak german. IT iz hard to unzerstand zem. The Wow Factor: It does look okay, but there is really nothing that jumps out. Overall: The day after i got this i was back online looking for a mixer again. Nothing but dissapointment. This is a tragic issue for the reputation of german build quality.

Behringer DJX700 DJ Mixer Customer Review submitted December 13, 2003

Overall
Sound: I thought this was a VMX like mixer but it turned out to be much noisier then expected. Beware that the bpm counters put out a buzz noise when active. Feature: A lot of features on this one. Quality: The only thing on this one thats built bad are the bpm counters and the effect module. The buttons on the bpm counters (beat assist/sync lock) are useless beacuse of their size and the fact that they don't always work. The effect module is noisy and is mostly useless. Value: Can't argue with a $200 price tag on a 4 channel mixer. Manufacturer Support: Great support. Technicians will work with you to solve any problem. Overall: The sound quality is not what i expected from behringer. Had to trade this one in for a DJX 400, which is a much better model and puts out almost no noise.

"You get what you pay for." submitted July 24, 2006

Overall
Music Style: Trance, Psytrance, Progressive house.
Sound: Sound quality I suppose is what you pay for. It's not great, it's budget, and therefore sounds that way as well. Feature: For a beginner, which is why you'd probably be buying this anyway, unless you are on a budget and just need something cheap to mix on, it's good, but at the same time, you probably don't need everything this mixer comes with if it's your first one. there's probably more important things you need to be focusing on. Ease of Use: It's fairly easy to use, although the instructions don't go into too much detail as far as the sync lock and beat assist buttons go. Quality: The faders on my unit have gone wacky. Some cut out at the max fader position. Sometimes channels just don't want to work, and the level meters read incorrectly. The balance on the unit for whatever reason is off, and must be corrected even though signals are balanced. I don't know what to think. In my oppinion I've treated this unit with a lot of care, and the condition it's in currently is not what I'd expect from one that's only two years old, with moderate use. Value: Like I said before it's good for a beginner just starting to mix, but you definately get what you pay for. You will eventually be buying another one, not because you want something better but because it wont work anymore. The Wow Factor: The only thing this unit has going for it is the fact that it appears similar to the pioneer. Overall: I am already looking for another product as I type this.

Behringer DJX700 DJ Mixer Customer Review submitted December 29, 2006

Music Style: DnB and Downtempo
Sound: Flat bass, just plain bad. Probably the worst part of the mixer. Feature: There are lots of features, but none of them perform very well. Ease of Use: Its definatly easy to use, but not exactly intuitive. Its an exact clone of the Pioneer Djm 800. Quality: Quality is alright for what you pay for. Value: Good value, but you'll just end up buying another better mixer. Manufacturer Support: haven't dealt with them. The Wow Factor: I deffinatly wouldn't buy another one. Overall: Its an inexpensive begining mixer.

"Love it!!" submitted February 9, 2005

By a customer from email.si
Music Style: Electronic
Sound: The sound Is OK, for the money. Feature: Excelent, BPM counters arent OK, but excelemt for begineers and for money Quality: Very good made. Value: Best buy!!! Manufacturer Support: I recieved answer imidieltly and accurate Overall: I think my wish is pioneer 500, but his one is OK!!!

"EXTREMELY good value! High quality, tons of features, low price!!!" submitted July 26, 2004

Music Style: Trance, Hard Trance
Sound: The sound quality is good. It isn't perfect, but it definately isn't bad. It could be better. Feature: Wow. Tons of features. Kill switches... Beat counters... Phono/Aux switchable inputs... Effects galore... There are so many possibilities with this mixer. Quality: The mixer has a very comfortable feel, is built tough and looks great. The faders will last you a long time. Value: INCREDIBLE value for it's price. There are so many features and is built to last. You pay little and get A LOT! Manufacturer Support: My only complaint is that if you want the manufacturer's warranty, you need to send in the warranty form within 14 days of your purchase, otherwise there is no warranty. The Wow Factor: Although this mixer is a great value, it doesnt seem to be widely used by professional DJs. Cosmetically speaking, this mixer looks GREAT! Overall: I can't think of another mixer that has this many features and is of this quality for the same price. Great job Behringer!

"Bang for the buck" submitted October 30, 2004

Musical Background: Pro DJ 18 plus yrs
Music Style: all
Sound: Quality sound. Solid performance. Feature: Good mix of BPM counter and FX. Quality: Heavy duty. Stands up you use. Value: You can't beat the price for what you get. The Wow Factor: Got it! Overall: I got this as a back up mixer, but will be using this as my primary.

"Please consider my review before buying this product" submitted April 23, 2004

By a customer from solkat.com
Music Style: Dance Music
Sound: its okay for home use, but for professional dj use no way. the minute i plugged it in my room, it worked great. but it doesn't sound right or act correctly when trying to use it at a club. my mind says spend the extra $ and get the Pioneer equivalent. Feature: does have features, like effects and is modelled after the PDJM500 but the effects aren't great on this machine. Quality: def. not made well. i bought mine 3 months ago and its already busted. 2 channels burned out. my friend got his one month before his and his crossfader went out as well as his channel 2. very ligthweight, but feels plasticy. Value: i guess for a 250 mixer its okay but im serious when i say take that extra 250 and get the Pioneer. Your asking for trouble. Manufacturer Support: getting there. still trying to get a RMA# from Behringer on my mixer. Support is limited. The Wow Factor: it looks like the djm500 but doesn't quite act the same. please note the faders are really loose. good for scratch djs, bad for smooth mixers. Overall: i will replace it when i have more $ to get the DJM600

"BETTER THAN THE REST" submitted March 19, 2005

Music Style: Hip-Hop
Sound: The sound is great on this mixer! Some people are mad that the channels bleed sometimes, I had this problem in the beginning, then i found out that i hadnt assigned the channels right. It's got great sound. The only people who are mad are the ones who didnt read the manual and dont know how to use it. Feature: It's a great mixer with good effects. Not great, but good. I still use them. And the kill switches are unbeliveably accuarate. They take out exactly what you want. Quality: I've heard that some people say its a cheap mixer with cheap parts because its light. Let me tell u something people. I have confronted Behringer about it and they said, "It's light because it's cheap. It's light because we have found new technology in the making of the mixer and now we have found that some major components can be lightened in weight and unlike other mixers, it diesnt way a ton." Value: I bought this mixer at $269 when it first came out. If i had known that i could wait 6 months to get it $100 cheaper then i would have done so. I dont think any mixer is worth buying over $200. The current price is a great price, and a phonominal deal for what you get. You will be pleased. Manufacturer Support: They're great!! I have had a few questions for them and their response time is about 24 hours. They helped me with exactly what i needed without any attitude. The Wow Factor: This is dam good looking mixer and people will look at you as a proffesional if you own this. TO the amateur eye it looks like a work of art and you stand there in awe. Overall: Overall this mixer is propably one of the best mixers you can buy, and it will give you all you need to be a proffesional DJ or as a starting DJ (like myself) I have done a lot of resaerch and this one has still come out on top.

"Pretty good for the Price. If you are serious buy something else." submitted December 26, 2005

By a customer from bellsouth.net
Overall
Sound: I experience some unwanted noise with this mixer. Quality: I am dissapointed with the crossfader. It wouldn't be a big deal but I can not seem to find a replacement right of hand. Overall: I would buy something else of higher quality. Also something that is easy to find replacement parts for.

"Great Value, Period." submitted January 14, 2008

Musical Background: DJ, Producer, Active Musician, Radio DJ
Music Style: Progressive House, Electro House
Sound: Sounds Great- love the FX, super-responsive faders and knobs, kills work great- no complaints here. Feature: There are some great features-tons of inputs, nice FX section, FX send/return- but i do have one MAJOR complaint- the BPM counters. The auto-beat function is horrible- mine says everything runs at 160 (which is wrong, i don't exceed 135 in my sets). But wait! There's a manual tap function right? Yes, if you don't mind it not working properly-it will insist that it is running at 160 and put the number right back up there. Is it a major downer? Yes. Does it kill the functionality of the mixer? No. Ease of Use: I have never been able to figure out a mixer so easily- everything is laid out in a logical place, and it's all easy to use-and if, by some chance, it's not easy to use for you, ther is a wonderful manual included. Quality: Nice & heave, everything feels solid- not loose or cheap. Value: Pioneer could learn a thing or two from Behringer-this mixer is just as nice as ANY pioneer mixer - and i've used them all. Manufacturer Support: Behringer may not have the best tech support in the world, but the have an excellent warrenty. If somthing goes wrong, send it back, and they'll give you a new one, no quibble. The Wow Factor: Lots of lights and very clean looks- I just wish it came in black. Overall: On the exception of the BPM counters, this is a great value. I have a 2 turntable, 2 CD player setup, and I couldn't be happier. I own a Behringer 2222FX mixer, and i'm going to buy a Behringer PA package soon. Pioner ain't got nothing on this.

Behringer DJX700 DJ Mixer Customer Review submitted January 8, 2005

Sound: this is really great mixer!!! i got is about 4 weeks ago and it has payed for its self all ready! some people posted saying the chanels bleed over each other, well they dont know how to work it you have to assign each chanel to one of the crossfaders or it will sound like they are bleeding over!!! really great buy if you know how to work it!!!!

"dont buy" submitted June 16, 2006

Music Style: Techno-d&b
Sound: sounds were ok but from the start i had probs w/ this mixer Feature: the effects that were on it were great just the mixer lasted me about 1/2 yrs. :( Ease of Use: the effects that were on it were great just the mixer lasted me about 1/2 yrs. :( Quality: this mixer was not reliable at all.... strange things always happening, like the lights would go out and then on again .... at other time s any given channel was subject to shut down .... over all bad product Value: no Manufacturer Support: dident try for warrenty got mad The Wow Factor: i liked the blue colors Overall: only 1 /2 yrs.

"Junk" submitted February 16, 2012

By Marcus Aurelius in Philadelphia, PA
Overall
Musical Background: Professional musician and DJ for over 10 years.
Overall: Absolute junk. This is clearly a shameless clone of the Pioneer DJ mixers, which are expensive, but well engineered and built to last even in the often rough conditions of a nightclub. First of all, sound quality and preamps are mediocre. But one might expect that at this price.Even within the first few months, sometimes the LED meters would not work consistently. I should have sent it in for warranty repair then. Once the warranty expired, of course, problems became much worse. Even though I mainly used this for DJ home practice, only for the occasional gig at a venue that was mixerless, this unit began falling apart. Distortion on the main fader. Crossfader stopped working altogether. 3 of the eq kill switches stopped working. Etc etc etc. Absolute junk. Save your pennies and buy a real mixer. If you think you "save" money by buying this cheap rip-off, you'll just end up spending again for a real mixer.

"Do NOT buy this product." submitted May 9, 2008

Musical Background: DJ/Producer
Music Style: Psychedelic Trance and Goa
Sound: Sound quality is not the best. It sounds very dull. Feature: Features? Well the BPM counter is useless for a start. Not that it matters - mixers shouldn't even HAVE bpm counters. It's a waste. The effects are cheap and sound crap. Ease of Use: Yeah it's very easy to use. Quality: Hmm... you get what you pay for. It's discernibly light and the power supply module gets VERY hot. The sliders and knobs feel cheap. There is VERY bad bleeding through the channels even when the channel volume sliders are at zero. The EQ is unbelievably bad. The low end lets too many mid frequencies through. Value: This mixer is not value for money. You can get much better equipment from other brands for less. (My Numark DM2002X is even better quality) Manufacturer Support: Haven't dealt with them before. Giving an average 5. The Wow Factor: No. You do not want this mixer. Please do not buy it. I know the price looks cheap but you get exactly what you paid for. Overall: Luckily I got mine thrown in when I bought my cdj's so technically I didn't pay for it. I would not pay any amount for it. I've only had it for 3 weeks and am selling it off now.

Behringer DJX700 DJ Mixer Customer Review submitted November 8, 2005

Musical Background: Club DJ
Music Style: Trance, House
Sound: Not bad in sound...though if you know a little about electronics and volume control, you will have no problem. Sounds ok...some noise...but for $180, not really have much to spend. Feature: It's pretty cool that they emulate the effects as the Pioneers, though haven't toy'd with it a little. Usage wise, it's a real deal, though flexability wise, the pioneers are more refined. Never the less, it allows you to learn the basic of effects. Quality: As said you do get what you pay for. But it is still worth it. Is obviously best bang for your buck. Value: Best bang for your buck! Manufacturer Support: Can't really say much...I usually fix my own stuff. The Wow Factor: It resembles almost exact like the pioneers...though not in quality. Overall: Overall, it's a really good mixer for those bedroom DJ's or for house parties. This is definitely not for the usage of a sound studio or club. I've read many differing reviews, but my best thing to say is to just go to anyone who has one on display(any music affiliated store) or one of your friends and try it out. I mean this is not intended for hip-hop or scratching, though the hampster curve is 3-way adjustable. This mixer does out perform some pricier mixers that i have used. EQ gains are like it's it's 626 version, which is ok, it has no kills. Effects has no cycle control...but unless you know what you're doing, it's kinda useless. Overall, if you're on a budget, it's a great starter to build up towards the pioneers.

"Great Price... Bad Quality... BZZZZZZ" submitted October 1, 2004

Musical Background: Producer,Recorder,Sound Technician
Music Style: Electronic (not the cheesy techno BS)
Sound: Well, on the internet this product sounds really good. But as soon as you have had it for a couple months in your studio, you start to get what you payed for. It sounds like there's a bee hive powering this thing. I thaught it was my power outlet, but its not. I conditioned the line, check all my cables and ran it through a hum elliminator. Can't get rid of the hum. BZZZZZZZZZZZ. Feature: The crossfader adjustment is really cool. The frequency range for the cuttofs is great. The band bybass buttons to the side of the crassfader are dope too. The effects are totally weak. Without bpm sync your mixes sound like sheise. I have even tried to produce the tracks to sync with the bpm, and it still trails off and jacks it all up. The bpm counters are not intelligent! Count Dracula on sesame street can count beats better than this mixer. I use MIDI to sync my gear so the BPM readout is digital, and the counters are always way off! Quality: The mixer looks slick, and feels durable. But thats like an attractive hooker with STDs. Its whats on the inside that counts, and this mixer does not have it. I have a channel blown out already, and the next one is on its way. The line hum is really bad. I have a studio with lots of gear. I am a proffesional and know how to condition lines, position equipment and elliminate hum. Value: In this world, you get what you pay for. This mixer is great for anyone getting started but not beyond that. If you want to be serious, you better get a serious mixer. not this one. Manufacturer Support: Can't really say. I only spent $200 on the mixer, so after I'm done with it its not too bad of a loss. I'm going to get a Pioneer. This mixer could be "found dead on the side of a road, gagged and bound with electrical tape" - Marla Singer. The Wow Factor: I'm not going to buy another one. SAVE YOUR MONEY AND BUY ANOTHER MIXER! ITS WORTH IT TO SAVE AND BUY SOMETHING BETTER, THAN TO HAVE TO BUY 2 BAD THINGS!! Overall: This mixer needs to be replaced. The features kick in doors (except for the effects) but the quality is bad.

Behringer DJX700 DJ Mixer Customer Review submitted December 4, 2003

Overall
Sound: Amazing sound, especially from a mixer of the $200 price range. There may be a little humming from the counters but what mixer can u get at this price range that dosen't? Plus my buddy has a djm600 and it hums too. Sound os overall Excellent. Feature: The feature list for this price is astounding. I couldnt believe that Behringer would make such an excellent and affordable mixer. At one point i thought the VMX300 was great, much better than anything out there in its range, but then this mixer comes along. Behringer never fails in the wallet. Quality: Damn, Behringer did not leave the quality hanging on this mixer. It feels Very Strong and even the faders feel fluid but tight. The dials are perfect and nothing seems to be wrong since i got it. Also i like the Brushed aluminum, because it makes you feel more privaliged when you open the box. Well worth your money 3X over. Value: NOTHING BEATS THIS MIXER IN THE $200-$240 PRICE RANGE. ITS A SIMPLE FACT. I DONT EVEN THINK ANYTHING CAN BEAT IT IN THE $250 - $400 RANGE EITHER. Manufacturer Support: Didnt need any. The Manual was great but i only looked at it after i set everything up myself. The Wow Factor: Sheer amount of features for an unbelievable price. What a company, what a quality mixer! Overall: MAYBE IF I HAD AROUND 800 DOLLARS I WOULD BY AN X-ZONE OR MAYBE A RANE EMPATH. NO WAY IM SPENDING 800 ON A DJM500 WHEN I CAN BUY IT FOR 600 LESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IN THE FORM OF BEHRINGER.

"Don't buy this non-quality mixer..." submitted November 23, 2008

By a customer from sbcglobal.net
Musical Background: professional Djay
Music Style: techno,house, trance, r&b, hip-hop, old school,
Sound: Sound if okay for the price... Feature: The crossfader works pretty well, but the efx sucks... Ease of Use: Easy to use, not complicated at all... Quality: SUCKS BIG TIME!!!!!! Value: Too expensive, the price should've atleast been 69.99... They made a quick come up off this mixer. And they took the money to make the DMM-4000, I bet that mixer gets hot and sucks as well... Manufacturer Support: No haven't dealt with the company as of yet. So can't grade this one... The Wow Factor: I'm a 2 channel kind of guy, my faders has to be top notch for me...If your not going to make replaceable faders for the mixer, then make the faders unlimited life faders.... Overall: It really sucks, I would never buy another thing from behringer... I'm a rane ttm56/pioneer djm909 fanatic. Have both of these mixer they're the best to me hands down....

"Best Bang for your buck mixer..." submitted April 2, 2005

Musical Background: DJ hobbyist
Music Style: Trance, Techno, Hip-Hop
Sound: The sound quality is very good compared to other mixers that I have used... I noticed the small HISS that other people were talking about, but its not "HUGE" like they say. I can only notice it if I turn off ALL The music and listen very closely, it does not affect anything and is no problem at all. Feature: It has so many different features that all work amazing. other people complained about the "EFFECTS SUCK AND DONT WORK", well that is because you are stupid and can not read the user manual, it tells you exactly how to use the effects and everything. I use the effects in every one of my mixes, they are a great addition to ANY SONG! I know this mixer is a clone of the pioneer mixer but it is a great clone in which you definately get your moneys worth. Quality: I've had this mixer for a few weeks now, and so far there is nothign wrong with it. This mixer is definately worth the measly 175 dollars that you will spend on it. It would be a waste to spend 1000+ dollars on an identical "PIONEER" mixer. This mixer will give you all of the same FEATURES! Value: AMAZING VALUE. MIXER IS DEFINATELY WORTH THE PRICE... if the price was 500 dollars i still wouldve payed it for this mixer. It is an amazing mixer. I love it. I have so much fun with it, and I am never going to upgrade from it because there is nothing to upgrade to, this mixer is the best Manufacturer Support: I havent needed them yet, but from what I hear they are great with support The Wow Factor: it definately has sex appeal, whenever my friends come over they are just amazed at the size of it and all of the knobs and switches lol. Overall: Amazing product...i love it

"Item is really not worth picking up." submitted November 14, 2005

Music Style: Latin
Sound: Sound quality is poor, it really doesn't pump out the sound the way it should, you have to pretty much turn it all the way up to get big sound out of it. Not for a mobile,club, professional DJ environment. Feature: Features were ok. It really is what you get out of this product. Not much else. Quality: It is a cheap product, thats it. If you are in the market for a cheap product by all means grab this. It is really in your best interest to not spend your money on this item and pick up a better mixer from Vestax or Denon for a little more cash. Value: You get what you pay for, if your into purchasing cheap products than pick this one up. Manufacturer Support: I am going to return this item, hopefully they give me my refund check soon. The Wow Factor: it is sheer crapola. Lightweight, cheap knockoff of a mixer. Overall: This item really is good only for a short period of time and only for light duty use.

"DX-700 looks good on paper but frustrates in reality." submitted March 24, 2004

By a customer from ewme.com
Music Style: House music
Sound: The effects sound of low quality. I have a hard time matching the effect volume with the rest of the mix. In 25 days of ownership, already one of the faders is going out. Feature: The effects seemed cool before I bought it but they really sound crappy. Quality: Factory quality control must not be very good seeing as already one of the faders is shorting out in less than 1 month of ownership. Value: I guess you get what you pay for.. With only $200.00 and a large list of features and such, logic says there will be problems fairly quickly. The Wow Factor: Behringer sex appeal is really not there in my own sexy opinion. Overall: I have 2 other friends that also purchased this mixer and with one of them, the mixer is about ready to blow up, there are more problems than one would have expected for a $200.00 mixer...

"This Mixer Is GREAT!!!" submitted June 4, 2003

Music Style: Rap, Rock, Techno
Sound: The Sound Quality of this mixer is awesome! Feature: The features on the DJX700 aren't matched with any other mixers in its price range. They all ROCK! Quality: The mixer is built for rough tough DJ use. So if you want a nice rugged mixer this is the one to use! Value: The value of the product is well worth the money!! The Wow Factor: This will be the next purchase I will make! Be ready for business ZZOUNDS! Overall: This will be probally the last mixer I will ever buy!

"don't have to be expensive to be good." submitted May 19, 2005

Musical Background: dj for 15years
Music Style: worldbeat, reggae, salsa
Sound: Compare to the mixer i am already used to, the sound is a little low but great output. Feature: the features on the mixer are okay... the effect knob could have been written out rather than memorizing the code (2 for delay, 3 for echo etc...). Great effects when mixing songs together. the BMP doesn't seem too accurate but one can use his ears just like the good ol' days... Quality: for the price, it's a damn good piece you got there... i don't know how long it will last me but i plan to give it a shot and see how it handles the gigs. Value: Value is the best for what you're getting... A good clone of the pioneer 500 mixer with a little less accurate bpm and a bit confusing effects (but cool) Manufacturer Support: N/A The Wow Factor: looks very appealing... matching my Pro Scratch.

"not worth buying" submitted August 28, 2006

Musical Background: dj, producer
Music Style: house music, electronica
Sound: sound quality is definitely not that good. Would never use this mixer to record anything, just to practice blending maybe, that is the actual purpose of this mixer. Feature: features are not functional, would rather use an outboard effects processor than use the ones on the mixer, faders are about the best feature on this mixer. my effects stopped working after about 6 months, right after my store warranty expired. not even worth getting fixed. Ease of Use: the bpm is confusind and not precise, though i really dont use bpm counteers when mixing. for a beginner it will confuse. the effects take a while to learn but not the greatest Quality: very low quality of sound, cheap price cheap mixer. Value: no value, you will be spending almost two hundred dollars on a practice mixer, better buying one for less than a hundred dollars for that purpose, or just save up and buy a better quality mixer. The Wow Factor: behringer products are cheap that are supposed german designed, but are built in china. that says it all, oriental products use the cheapest possible parts to maximise profits, but the user ends up with crappy sounding equipment. so there products are not a value rather and expensive headache. Overall: i already bought a good pioneer mixer that i can use all around. wether it be at a club, house party, or recording into my audio interface.

""behringer: just listen, and cry"" submitted November 16, 2004

Musical Background: uni under graduate,
Music Style: post modernism, "classical", techno House.
Sound: Great faders, do they actually respond well? No! sound? just give it a quick main out only listen after couple of months...you will see actually hear great noise. Feature: yeah It gives you many options, but: sound effects are not too versetile. gain, "suround" are there for cosmetic purposes only! I have it for more then two months ( right now I dont use it anymore ) after having to replace the master fader, and channel two doesnt work with phono in. Quality: behringer: you buy cheep you get cheeper quality. now that ought to be their logo, why? just listen! Value: yes it is cheep to what you get...but not the valeu Manufacturer Support: I didnt deal with them. only through my suplyer. The Wow Factor: good looking mixer. no technical marvels here.

"Mixer Value = decent for the price, Overall Quality/Durability = CRAP" submitted January 10, 2004

By a customer from ilhm.com
Music Style: House
Sound: Decent for bedroom DJ, but should never be used in a club environment. Extremely noisy. Cheap parts used throughout, expect EQ Pots to fail with heavy use. Feature: decent features, almost expected as the norm these days. Doesn't mean that they work good though, just that it has them... Quality: Cheap parts used throughout. I give this mixer less than a year life span with any regular usage. After that I'm positive things will start messing up with it. Value: True, it's a good value for the price. However, the way that this mixer is being marketed as equivalent in quality to the more expensive mixers is bs Manufacturer Support: Behringer is a decent company with decent support. They definately have the reputation of making average/below average mixers/equipment. Haven't had any problems contacting them for tech support/info in the past. The Wow Factor: Sex appeal is that it looks like a pioneer djm mixer. People that don't know better will assume it's the same, when in fact its far from it. Overall: For the price its a good deal, especially for a starting dj. But, don't expect it to hold up to more extended use. I hope I never run into one of these mixers at a club.

"This mixer blows" submitted July 15, 2004

Overall
Sound: Sound quality is horrid. Master out is fuzzier than a peach. Sounds like there is permanent distortion. Feature: The effects are almost totally useless since the are not bpm synced. The highest rated effect is at 120 bpm. Who spins that low tempo?? no one that I know. Quality: I've had mine for 6 months with no problems besides a noisy output. I just had 2 channels go out a couple days ago, and now the PPL stopped working, I'm stuck in stereo. Value: I wouldn't recommend this mixer to anyone. 200$ down the tubes. I'm going to upgrade to a denon 1000X or a Pioneer DJM500. Manufacturer Support: Behringer was unsympathetic to my needs. The Wow Factor: Stay away from this peice of Sh*t at all cost!

"This mixer falls short of acceptable due to mass-production." submitted December 22, 2004

By a customer from cox.net
Musical Background: audio tech
Music Style: Techno
Sound: no issues that I found Feature: Most of the FX are useless. As with all mixers that have FX Quality: It felt as though it was missing parts inside. The weight of it was FAR LESS than what I expected. The main issue I had was that this mixer runs VERY HOT!!! Near the power source the heat is enough to melt anything thats in contact with it..THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE!!.. Apparently the mass-production of this mixer caused the makers to "CUT CORNERS".. Value: I payed more than I should have at the time..$250.00 USD. I think its worth far far less..Advertisers "over-hyped" this product. The Wow Factor: a true expert knows better than to judge a mixer by its cover. Overall: I've had no technoligical issues with it yet. The test of time will tell.

Behringer DJX700 DJ Mixer Customer Review submitted December 8, 2004

Overall
Sound: this mixer sucks. the faders stop working like 3 months after you get it. Feature: there ok. you get what you pay for Quality: crap

Behringer DJX700 DJ Mixer Customer Review submitted June 27, 2003

Music Style: trance, hard trance, uk hard house, NRG
Sound: well the sound for this thing is supposto be amazing i just ordered it so i will see if its true. Feature: great features at the lowest price for any mixer of this type. lets see if it can compare or beat the pioneer djm series. Quality: behringer makes some good products so well see how this mixer preforms Value: this price is amazing i already preordered mine so hope to get it next week. Manufacturer Support: never dealt with the company The Wow Factor: yes i want it now, Overall: the best mixer period...

"What a piese of S%$t" submitted January 22, 2008

By a customer from yahoo.es
Musical Background: Dj playing gigs
Music Style: Electronic
Sound: Nothing impressive Value: It is cheap, but you don't get that much for the money. Faders aren't accurate, effects are crap -you don't have any control on the wet/dry parameters, BPM is not accurate either... Manufacturer Support: Can't rate behringer's support The Wow Factor: It is a DJM600 rip off... Would you like to own a ferrari's replica? Overall: low quality stuff

Behringer DJX700 DJ Mixer Customer Review submitted June 5, 2004

Music Style: all genre
Sound: For the money this mixer is a good buy. Feature: Everything works well and this is a good mixer to learn on. If you match the effect to the right music, they can turn out pretty cool although they are kiddle of the road. There is some distortion and hiss on the high end gain, but you can work around it. Quality: It's kind of light, which worried me. It doesn't seem to be a problem, but long term I would not use this mixer anywhere but at home. If you're a hobbyist, it's a good buy. If you're a working DJ, don't buy this product. Value: good buy Manufacturer Support: haven't needed any

When you call, mention priority code 16KG-ZHL4. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976