When you call, mention priority code 156Q-GX26

Rating and Reviews: Behringer DI800 Ultra-DI

Pack 8 DI boxes into a single rack space with the Behringer DI800 Ultra-DI Pro 8-channel direct box.

"kill the hum" submitted May 30, 2006

By a customer from brainwashaudio.com
Musical Background: Active Musician/Recording Engineer
Music Style: electronic rock
Sound: i needed a ground lift to kill the hum on some noisey old analog gear. this thing does the trick. Feature: it's pretty minimal. 8 direct boxes in one rack. Ease of Use: very simple. in & out, ground lift, signal boost. Quality: people gripe about the quality of behringer gear but it works for me. i'm sure if i spent 10 times as much i could find something that sounds slightly better. Value: cant beat it for the price. i was looking at buying a few direct boxes at around $30 a pop to solve my humm problem. this gave me 8 for the price of 2 1/2. Manufacturer Support: dunno. never had any trouble with any of my behringer gear. The Wow Factor: behringer gear isnt sexy. but it is functional with a ruthless efficiency. Overall: if you have humming ground problems with laptops, keyboards, other rack gear or if you need direct boxes for live shows, this thing is peechee.

"Try A/B comparison before buying if possible." submitted March 26, 2009

By a customer from rogers.com
Musical Background: Hobbyist/part time band performer
Music Style: Classic Rock and DOORS cover band
Sound: Has no "sound" of it's own, but facilitates connections and signal quality between consumer and PRO gear. OK, I used a Behringer DI-100 for my old keyboard amp to main house mixer, and it really helped. Then, I tried the DI-100 on 1 channel of a consumer DVD player to my balanced mixer/processor/equalizer/power amps home set-up, and it completely removed noise/hum from the 1 channel. Feature: Therefore, I bought the Behringer DI-800, thinking it would provide the same clarity and noise-free signal as the DI-100....NOT! I therefore returned the DI-800 (don't need that many DI connectors anyway), and bought a second DI-100 instead. I am extremely pleased with the resulting clarity, headroom, and sound spaciousness. I believe the difference is the DI-100 has a OT-1 transformer, whereas the DI-800 does not. Makes sense, since you can't espect to get the same quality from 8 DI connections for only a small price increase. Ease of Use: I would have tried the DI-4000, since that has the OT-1 transformers, but it was not in stock, so I'm using 2 DI-100's instead. If I hadn't been able to A/B compare the 2 units, I probably would have been satisfied with the DI-800, since it still was an improvement over a direct connection to my mixer. Quality: In addition to the above, my temporary DI-800 unit had one of the display lights stuck in the on position, and I couldn't use that particular DI connection. If you don't need anywhere near 8 DI-s, I suggest you try the DI-100 or the DI-4000 instead. Value: I believe the DI-100 units offer a much higher quality value for dollars spent. Manufacturer Support: Returned item to Music Store. The Wow Factor: The DI-800 looks better than it's quality. Overall: As indicated, I don't have the DI-800 anymore, but am more than satisfied with the DI-100's.

"Great budget choice for home theatre application" submitted January 24, 2008

Feature: This product is a nice option for a "cheap and dirty" bridge between low-cost 5.1, 6.1, 7.1 home theatre receivers and big active speaker systems. Without an expensive 8-bus mixer or "boutique" surround sound decoder/controller, this product patches up to 8 channels of movie sound to active speakers, and I can control the overall volume and relative volume of the center, surroud, etc, with the receiver and its remote. Value: This was $80 plus about $20 in cabling, plus the low-end home-theatre receiver I already owned. My next alternative for my home theatre application was at least $1,200.

When you call, mention priority code 156Q-GX26. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976