When you call, mention priority code 141L-0L12

Rating and Reviews: Behringer DI100 Ultra-DI

Break free from the limits of impedance with this Behringer DI unit. It delivers fresh, vivid signal with no interference no matter how long the distance.

"This is a great little tool!" submitted February 2, 2007

Musical Background: Active musician, with recording studio
Music Style: Acoustic folk-rock-Americana
Sound: Very clean. I often have to use one or both of the pad buttons if the signal is too hot, but it doesn't affect the sound quality. Feature: I was looking for a DI and I got a much more versatile device than I expected. Two -20dB pads, balanced or unbalanced input, balanced out. Ground lift button to separate the internal grounds in case of noise. It runs on phantom power, too, so you don't have to keep changing batteries. Ease of Use: The unit is VERY easy to use -- plug and play. The battery box was designed by someone with more patience than I have. Quality: I suspect you could drive over this thing. I've dropped cases on it and it still works great. Very well made. Value: You could get a passive DI for less, but the amp in this is very good and the control it gives you is amazing. I'll never buy another passive DI. The Wow Factor: It's got an industrial-looking ruggedness about it and it is very good at what it does. Pretty desirable, I'd say. Overall: If someone lifted this from a gig, I'd waste no time replacing it. It's great! I can't imagine it failing because it's built so well, so I imagine I'll have it for a long time. I might have to give it a name ;o)
33 of 34 people (97.06%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"only good things.........." submitted December 14, 2004

Musical Background: professional
Music Style: christian rock,country,classic
Sound: It cleans up noise efficiently Feature: the pads are a lifesaver Quality: Replacing the battery sucks Value: I got 4 for this price everything into the mixer is balanced Manufacturer Support: haven't needed any Overall: this is a great Behringer product. Scary isn't it!

"GOOD UNIT - BUT HAS KWERKS - READ MY REVIEW BEFORE BUYING!!!!" submitted November 30, 2011

Music Style: Rock, Country, Jazz, Doo-Wop, Christian
Sound: VERY GOOD - if it works with your PA then the sound is good. Be aware that when you first plug it in, sometimes it gives off a MASSIVE SURGE through the board producing very intense feed back! This is one of the bad things about it. Feature: It has 2 atenuators which are great. As stated, above watch out when plugging in!!! THIS IS IMPORTANT. The atenuators work well to cut down the hotness, but make sure and tell your board man power off your channel and bring it up gradually. If the sound is weak, PULL SLIDER ON BOARD TO OFF POSITION, and then click one of your artenuators off.. do them one at a time or you could destroy your PA speakers. This is the only 1 problem with this unit but it is a big one!! Take heed or pay the price!!! Ease of Use: Self explanitory. it has many inputs types to accomodate many applications. Quality: I bought it because it is built like a tank... One big improvement they could make is that the hole to install battery is very tight and small, and the wires going to the 9 V connector to your battery are very chintsy and over delicate. They should make them at least 2 inches longer, but again the cavity that the battery fits into is very tight and may not accomodate the extra length. This makes it a real pain in the butt when installing the battery. You have to be especially careful not to break the delicate wires.. But for $35 bucks.. what can I say more... Value: For the $$$$ you pay it meets all expectations Manufacturer Support: I have always found their support to be good, never used them on this product though... too simple no need. The Wow Factor: The appeal is great, but again, it has its problems. It offers many different solutions 1/4 input, or xlr, 2 atenuator switches, a ground lift that really works, but has to bad features which destroys its integrity.. One is listed above - massive power to the PA .. follow my instructions above and you will be ok. Second -- I have found that on certain PA SYSTEMS --- THE UNIT DOES NOT FUNCTION. I never figured out why. Maybe Support may have answers. But I tried everything from switching cords, XLR to 1/4, atenuators, ground lifts... if it don't work, you're screwed. Overall: I had this unit for 2 years and it has served well. but as I say, sometimes it is contrary with certain boards and just won't function. If you buy this, plan on re-investing in a back up for this reason.

"Problem solving workhorse" submitted October 7, 2013

By Steven H in Manheim, PA
Overall
Musical Background: 40+ years of playing out several times a month.
Music Style: rock, country, blues, standards and live sound
Sound: I'd say the sound quality is neutral or clean pass through in a live situation. Feature: Most useful is the flexiiblity of this device. This is used in live open mic setups where there is a constant stream of change. One guitarist has a battery preamp, the next has only a peizo pickup, then one who has a DI output but it's 1/4", then another instrument with an XLR out. This box handles them all, easily. Ease of Use: Plug in, adjust gain on instrument, adjust gain on mixer, then play. Quality: Rugged. Value: It's a bargain! You could spend a lot more, but in a live sound it won't sound any better. Manufacturer Support: Never a problem with these. The Wow Factor: It's heavy, so it stays put. Has a light so you know it's on. Stackable. Overall: Love these. With this you can connect anything to your live sound system.

"Behringer Active DI" submitted February 16, 2014

By Greg W in New Market, MD
Overall
Musical Background: I've been playing publicly for 18 years. I play acoustic guitar, electric guitar and electric bass
Music Style: Country, Blues, Blues-rock, Christian
Overall: I've been using these things for years and have given several away. At this price point it is worth sharing the wealth. The active circuitry is impressive and sounds better to me than passive DIs. The phantom power option is also great and saves on batteries. The only drawback is the small 9 volt battery compartment, but I don't foresee changing it that often. This is a great DI for a great price! The thing is built like a tank. I haven't had to use the manufacturer support so I didn't rate that one.

"clean sound" submitted December 3, 2012

By tom l in tampa bay, FL
Musical Background: 25 years - jam at home
Music Style: acoustic covers
Overall: Simple machine. I run an acoustic guitar through it and use 10db attenuation and the sound is very clean

"Great DI Box, regardless of the price!"

Overall
Overall: This is a wonderful piece of equipment. I have run my bass as well as my acoustic guitar through it, and they both sound great! Behringer has done a great job on this one, especially with the price! I would recommend it to anyone.

"Surprised at the tone and quality; great buy!" submitted May 8, 2009

Overall
Musical Background: Professional Studio Session Bassist, Occasional Live Performances
Music Style: Anything and Everything
Sound: I have used this direct box in a couple of different studios in the city that I live in. I remember first thinking, "Great... ...a Behringer direct box?!?!" when I first saw it. Behringer isn't exactly known for quality... Anyway, hooked up, played, and was VERY please with the tone! The tone was clean with little (if any) noise. Feature: Well, it has features that a good DI should have... :) Ease of Use: Plug in instrument, plug in XLR, play. Quality: I have been impressed with this product when I have used it. Value: After having played through this DI, I would have expected it to be much more expensive! Very good deal! Manufacturer Support: n/a The Wow Factor: I don't really want it because I have a passive DI box that is still working, and I usually run directly into ProTools when recording sessions anyway. The few studios in the area that still use analog mixing consoles have their own DI's, and I just use them. Overall: This is an excellent product at an excellent price. Having recorded at premier studios such as The Process and Underground Sound Recording Studio, if this item is good enough for them to use, I know that it is good enough for anyone else. If you are looking for a DI, this is an excellent buy.

"Is your guitar sound sleeping...then stick it in here...you will be amazed." submitted December 2, 2004

Musical Background: Active musian..recording tech
Music Style: Old rock the best.
Sound: Puts back that which was missing...for the price...come on excellent. Feature: The phantom power supply is very nice to have....clean. Quality: This was made for the busy musician,no doubt. Value: Very good product Manufacturer Support: Not yet ,but who knows

"I want to rewrite my previous review!" submitted May 5, 2003

Overall
Overall: Previously I said something about the thing not being able to get rid of static coming from my computer CRT monitor. I was an idiot. DI box has nothing to do with that function. (Turn the monitor off or point your guitar to a different direction) And a comment about the LINK sounding better than the OUTPUT. I was an idiot again. Get a XLR to 1/4 in. if you want to connect this to an effector with only 1/4 in. output. The thing works very well. And for what it costs, no one can complain. I use this for my guitar recording, and this is the first machine that the guitar MUST go through!

"Great DI!" submitted July 3, 2006

Overall
Ease of Use: Plug it in, push a button, play. Quality: Has worked well for a few months. Let's see how it does for a year or two! Overall: Works well. Does exactly what a DI should, nothing more and nothing less!

"Good value, but not roadworthy." submitted January 17, 2009

By a customer from acebass.com
Musical Background: Pro Bassist/Recording Engineer/Producer
Music Style: Whatever pays.
Sound: Tends to hum and hiss when pushed. Tolerable for live situations, but not that useful in the studio. Feature: No jack for ac adapter. Phantom power is a life saver, though. Ease of Use: Pretty easy to use. One thing is not made clear - is the mic cord input balanced or unbalanced? It says both in different places. Quality: On the surface, it seems to be very well made. The internal parts have come loose a few times, causing its ultimate demise. Value: A good, inexpensive di box. Don't expect Pro quality or reliability. Manufacturer Support: Never dealt with them. The Wow Factor: Rather have something that's reliable. Overall: Already looking for something with xlr input, phantom power, ac adapter jack. Something more professional with less of a noise floor.

"Only use without preamps" submitted October 19, 2007

Musical Background: Active professional musician
Sound: We were getting distortion when using with a bass off of a bass effects processor. Also distorted with digital V-drums. Distortion is worst if the pads are used. We went to a cheap passive box and the problem was fixed.

When you call, mention priority code 141L-0L12. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976