When you call, mention priority code 14Y1-9T0P

Rating and Reviews: Behringer DCX2496

Much more than just a crossover system, the Behringer DCX2496 Ultradrive Pro also features all the digital effects you need to get the most from your system.

Overall

"All the speaker management features you need at half the cost." submitted May 26, 2011

Musical Background: Audio Engineer, Singer, Musician
Music Style: Varied
Sound: We are using the DCX2496 in an installed system at Church. We have several sets of speakers at different distances from the front of the church so each needs a different delay, and each needs a different cross over frequency. This fits the bill perfectly. Clean sound and relatively easy to set up. And it is the most flexible box on the market. The user manual was a little confusing because it highlighted the automatic self determining delay feature. Once I contacted Behringer and received a simple instruction for manually setting everything, setup went quick and easy. The price is expensive for Behringer, but half the price of a Drive Rack which can not do what I needed. Feature: Being able to adjust the gain of each output was a nice feature. It allowed me to match all the speaker volumes from the same piece of equipment. The "Sum" intermediate channel turned out to also be a useful feature in that it allowed me to adjust the volume of several sets of speakers with one adjustment. The average user will not need this, but it is available and very handy. Ease of Use: The manual portion of user interface is set up more for a technician than a "player". As an engineer I felt very comfortable with it. It is intuitive so I can go back any time and re-adjust things without consulting the documentation. Can't speak to the ease of using the automatic setup features. Quality: The product is solid and does not generate a lot of heat. So I expect it to last 10+ years. Since it is all digital, there are not a lot of knobs and sliders to fail, and what you hear today should be what you hear years from now. Value: If you need the features of this product it is well worth the price. And it has the ability to be configured to just about any situation now and in the future. Manufacturer Support: We have over a dozen Behringer boxes in our audio systems. Their relatively low price has allowed us to spread our limited budget. The equipment's quality and reliability are about medium. The one time I emailed Behringer with a question, I got an immediate and thorough response. Very professional. The Wow Factor: Huh? This is a piece of rack equipment. I don't care what it looks like! I'd rather the money goes into reliability, not appearance. Overall: This should outlast everything in the audio system. Don't have any plans to replace it or to get a backup.
16 of 17 people (94.12%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Great addition to my rental gear" submitted March 28, 2012

By Ernest G in Midlothian, VA
Overall
Musical Background: I toured as the lead guitar player in a ten piece, spoken word group that used a rhythm section, horns, and an aux percussionist
Music Style: Spoken work, jazz, hip-hop
Sound: I have been a touring guitarist so I have heard many PA setups. This box does the job nearly as well as other more expensive brands. Behringer cuts corners to deliver on the price (so do ALL of the other popular brands of gear thats how they make a profit) and while that may not be acceptable for some applications, it is fine to start out this way. Feature: The crossover and the input/output settings are the most used features by me and the delay/timing feature is not used because I do not need it. Ease of Use: The learning curve for a virgin is a painful, tedious, frustrating one, but you MUST learn the fundamentals of using EQ, crossover and dynamic controls one day so you might as well jump in, I did. I admit there was some gnashing of teeth and cursing at first, but (thanks to Behringer customer service and QSC customer service -GX5 is what I use for my top cabinets-, I have finally grasped what it does and what I can and cannot expect to get out of the device. Like I said I am still learning, but in the past month I have been cramming like I haven't done since midterms and finals in college and it has paid off! Quality: It is made well. It looks hard as steel in the rack and I think it is made out of steel or at least aluminum. You would never want to drop a rack case, but if you did (god forbid) this thing would stand just as good a chance of survival as the high end expensive gear would. Value: Yes. It costs a couple hundred less than the DBX box with similar specs. Manufacturer Support: Yeah I was. I have heard that it varies, but the guy I talked to really knew his stuff. Reminded me of another gear company with top notch customer service. The CSR at QSC had to call me back after doing some research, but the Behringer guy had the answers in his head (even questions about non Behringer gear)! He helped me set up my PA for the first time. The Wow Factor: It is in a dark rack behind the stage I don't know if anyone is paying attention to whats in there except for other sound people. Overall: This box made my life easier just as it should have. I don't want to go back to life without a loudspeaker management system. From FOH Behringer mixer to Behringer EQs one to mains one to monitors, then to a Behringer effects processor for the mains before going to the stage rack in back. Then, on to this box (which handles peak limiting/gate, crossover, EQ and compression when needed). The DCX is makes 3 stereo pairs of the outputs (outut 1- left sub, output 2- left mid, output 3- left high, output 4- right sub, output 5- right mid, output 6- right high) the default setup with appropriate settings and crossovers out the box. Changes are not hard at all even from the little screen on front. After the DCX a Behringer compressor, 8 channel DI box and a sonic maximizer are available, but not used for the main signal nor the monitors. I am a beginner at this, so I have no other speaker managment systems to compare this to. However, I do feel that this product and the entire line of Behringer processing gear in the same line, make a great starting point for a new sound guy. With the price I was able to fully equip my PA and as I learn and grow I can imagine I will then have a better basis to choose if the more expensive brands offer enough ROI overall.

"This is not a typical user's review, but the work of a Professional Audio Equipment Design Engineer. To me this is what I ne" submitted May 29, 2011

By a customer from verizon.net
Overall
Musical Background: Retired Auduio Hobbhyist.
Music Style: Jazz and Classical
Sound: Hi I have not listened to the DXC2496 yet, but I have measured its performance. The unit performs miraculously. according to my measurements. The unit will be used to TriAmp my K2 Klipschorns. That is going to be long project. Probably months. Feature: No Accessories Ease of Use: A little hard to use, you have to be technically oriented, which I am. Quality: I found two problems so far. The linear regulator ICs run quite hot, I added a couple of heat spreaders to lower the case temperature of the regulators. The second problem is that the RS232 port is not wired according to the RS232 specifications. The unit does not use the connector pin ground for signal return but rather the connector shell This I have not fixed yet. Value: Yes it is worth it's price, It would have cost me a lot more to design it myself if I ever could. Manufacturer Support: Got firmware upgrade from Behringer Website. It is difficult to find this unit on the website. The connection through ZZound, however did work. The Wow Factor: Technically this is a marvel, but not designed for the less technically skilled person. It is hard to follow the manual, and the operation is not intuitive. Overall: When I get it all to work like it should it will be used untouched for many years, bu this is a research project.

"Behringer DCX296" submitted April 1, 2012

By a customer from cox.net in San diego, CA
Musical Background: Audiophile
Overall: Fast shipping with a great price on this DCX2496. Very flexible controls to modify or experminent with different frequency/slope/delay settings for your speakers.

When you call, mention priority code 14Y1-9T0P. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976