When you call, mention priority code 1463-W8Z7

Rating and Reviews: Behringer CT100 Tester

At this price, there's no excuse not to get a cable tester! The CT100 tests XLR, 1/4", 1/8", RCA, and MIDI cables for continuity, phantom power, and ground.

"So Far So Good" submitted June 25, 2013

By Josue H in Hialeah, FL
Musical Background: Church Sound Engineer
Music Style: Christian
Overall: This is an item I've been meaning to buy for quite sometime and when i saw it for that price i had to buy it and what a great Purchase it works great i have already found many bad cables in my Stuff so im very glad that i got it.

"Ridiculously awesome, low-cost, high-features tester" submitted March 13, 2007

Overall
Musical Background: Semi-professional Sound and Lighting Technician and Designer
Music Style: Everything (Depends on the event)
Feature: Has similar features to higher-end testers costing 5 times as much! A little box that packs a HUGE punch. So many different test capabilities. Ease of Use: Th UI takes some getting used to. Another review stated that he couldn't use the thing because there were no instructions. Well, if you are going to be using a more-complex tester like this one, then you should be technically inclined enough to work it as well. I don't want a newbie messing with my cables. Generally it tells you everything and more, but as with most testers you have to logically think about the lights and ensure that they are doind what you want. (ie. A correct XLR cable will have a up-to-the-right diagonal line of three lit LEDs. A correctly wired 1/4 phone TS cable will be a star (a number five on a dice)). Quality: Very good durable construction. I worry that the switches may break off when the tester is thrown around, but the tester is cheap enough to get another one if I can't fix it myself. The male XLR jack on my tester is a bit sticky, but my friends works just fine. This is not a problem just a minor nuisance. Value: For $30?!?!?! This is absolutely the best deal you will find. If you have ever repairs cables before and only been able to test them through you board (yikes!) then this is a must! Plus for a nerdy technician you get a cool toy with blinky lights on it! The Wow Factor: So cool and so ridiculously useful. I have fixed around 15 cable and tested several dozen in the past month of ownership alone. A Super product. Overall: Like I've said; everything you could want and MORE! For only $30!!
82 of 86 people (95.35%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Great Little Test" submitted April 29, 2014

By Kyle Ferris in Sierra Vista, AZ
Musical Background: 12+ years guitar
Music Style: Rock, Metal, Nu-Metal and Thrash
Overall: I purchased this unit to test my cables because I was getting a intermittent signal. I was tired of playing around with cables trying to find the cause. After I got this unit it nailed it right off the bat. For this under priced little wonder you would be crazy not to get it, your pedals, amp, and guitar will thank you. This unit is idiot proof to run, trust me I am not a sound engineer and figured it out within a couple of seconds with the tiny manual included.

"Behringer Cable Tester" submitted June 23, 2014

By Eric Peterson in Danbury, CT
Overall
Musical Background: Playing again after a long hiatus. Currently taking jazz guitar lessons. Play at home with a goal of playing to an audience.
Music Style: Jazz, blues, country
Overall: I'm searching for silence when I'm not playing notes or when I'm not touching my guitar strings/ knobs, etc.Some is surely caused by my home's circuitry.I have weeded out any noise-causing (some quite expensive!) guitar cables using the Behringer Cable Tester.

"Cable tester" submitted October 9, 2013

By Ben T in Seattle, WA
Overall
Musical Background: Been playing electrified music since 1969.
Music Style: Rock & folk
Overall: I have only had this thing a month now but I've used it to test every cable in the travel boxes of 2 bands and I've also used it to check my wiring in a 1-chance-to-do-it-right renovation project.The 3 x 3 continuity grid takes a moment to translate to a mental image of connectors and connections but the normal configurations quickly become familiar.Haven't tried the tone functions yet.Physically everything seems solid so far. I may buy a second one because it seems to be at the other site when I need it. Support not yet required.

"Excellent cable tester" submitted June 25, 2014

By Robert McClure in Cumby, TX
Musical Background: 1999, hammered dulcimer, church musician, and play for fun
Music Style: Traditional, Celtic, Christian.
Overall: This is a great tool for tracking down problem cables. I showed it to our church audio guy and he's going to get one for the church.

"For the money, couldn't do better" submitted May 13, 2009

Musical Background: Recording Engineer at a Low Power FM Station - Volunteer
Feature: Excellent features for the price. Unit seems well built. Ease of Use: Easy to use... directions clear
14 of 17 people (82.35%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"CT100 Cable tester" submitted June 26, 2014

By Jim Patterson in Independence, MO
Musical Background: Keyboards: Blues Band
Overall: No more wondering if is the cord, or mic, or pickup. this one does it all.Great price and peace of mind. Every gigging band needs one.

"Exactly like the Ebtech, but $30 instead of $100. Nice." submitted December 15, 2008

Overall
Overall: I usually hate it when people write "I don't own this, but I've heard about it" reviews. I just couldn't resist when I saw this. I saw this thing immediately after looking at the Ebtech "Swizz Army Knife" and CRACKED UP! They appear to be virtually identical in terms of features and exterior design. This one's just silver instead of blue and costs less than one third as much. I'm getting a pair of these before the lawsuit inevitably happens.

"do not waste your money on this useless, worthless fasely advertised thing" submitted April 30, 2005

By a customer from optusnet.com.au
Music Style: all
Sound: totaly useless, do not waste your money, you've been warned, unlike me. Feature: came with a piece of paper that didn't even explain anything Quality: it is in a metal case Value: it is worhless, and useless Manufacturer Support: i contacted them, they were no help, told me to tey a find a guitar technician, whom maybe able to explain how to operate it The Wow Factor: it looks good but does nothing Overall: i'm looking to buy a different brand

"Take it from a serious user - this thing is so worth it!" submitted March 21, 2006

By a customer from juno.com
Musical Background: Pro musician, composer, engineer, FOH mixer, broadcast tech
Music Style: All styles, no country
Sound: no sound Feature: Everything but a speaker and voltage checker. There is nothing made that does what this does AND has those features. Ease of Use: If you can't figure out how this works you should give up now. Quality: tbd Manufacturer Support: na The Wow Factor: As a tech I don't care about cosmetics but this is small enough to add to my belt. Overall: I can't imagine what the heck happened with these others who have rated this item, maybe they got a lemon. I live in land 'o gear, Los Angeles. I'm a musician first and a tech second but I'm a world travelling pro in both. I work in all kinds of situations from the studio to the stage to the field and REQUIRE reliability. Hands down the most money (and the most pressure) is in television. Me and my tech pals are hired because of our troubleshooting capability. On one show I do, it would cost the network $300,000 per minute if we go down. With that much riding on the gig we are provided with the tools and the time to get it right. Most TV techs use a Q-box which costs three times what the CT-100 does and has half the functions. This particular unit will take the place of three other testers I have and one or two that aren't even made. As soon as this arrived I started pulling out boxes of cables and right away found problems that I never would have detected so quickly or accurately. The only thing it lacks is a speaker but, take it from one who knows, even for twice the ducats this unit is well worth the investment.
66 of 67 people (98.51%) found this review helpful. Did you?

When you call, mention priority code 1463-W8Z7. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976