When you call, mention priority code 175Q-6SDR

Rating and Reviews: Behringer BX1800 Bass Amp

The Behringer BX1800 offers plenty of wattage and tonal options. With a Bugera speaker and VTC technology, the Behringer BX1800 is a good gigging amp.

"Read this or I kill the puppy !" submitted April 16, 2008

By a customer from hylandenterprisesinc.com
Musical Background: Note-raper for 36 years
Music Style: Classic rock - 60's-80's, blues, some funk
Sound: Good presence and plenty of punch for small to medium venues. Other amp is a Peavy Mark VIII on a 2-15" JBL Sunn bottom (yep - still got the original head) and this little booger gives it a good run. Feature: Controls could be a bit easier to see - would also like a 6-band equalizer, but then, I guess I'd like a lot of things .... Overall, controls are very functional and friendly. Ease of Use: Manual could be a little more detailed, but once you have the thing plugged in, you'll figure it out. Quality: Very stout - I can sit on it comfortably and I am NOT small. Looks very nice and very "astute". Value: An outstanding value. Would buy another if I had need to, but I've already got one ! Manufacturer Support: Had a question about the controls - support person contacted me within two business days by email - very friendly and helpful. The Wow Factor: Practical addition - needed a small, portable amp and this lil Mo'fo is just the ticket ! Overall: I'll be using this baby for a while. It's a perfect fit to my need.

"Get one-you owe it to the band!" submitted December 19, 2007

Music Style: 50s-60s rock; jazz
Sound: sound is solid and difficult to overload in the most demanding situations. Feature: all you need for recording or live gigs Ease of Use: simple-just experiment with the settings until you find you like Quality: I have heard rumors of this amp crapping out after 1 year- but mine is now almost 2, and not a problem has surfaced. Value: try to find a better sound for $1.10 a watt! the cheapest Fender bassman is now 4.39. Ampeg BA150 is $2.19 Manufacturer Support: don'tknow- haven't needed it The Wow Factor: sex? what matters is the SOUND within the band- dynamic. Overall: probably won't buy anything else- ever. As with all quality bass amps- this dude is heavy to haul around.

"Great product for the money! Classy image and great performance!" submitted April 15, 2008

Musical Background: Active weekend musician
Music Style: 80's rock, modern country rock, rat pack and big band
Sound: I used this amp for three weeks at a local nightclub. I play in a duo that uses backing tracks with bass and guitar. My guitar player uses an Epiphone amp with 12" cab and it can get loud. I just bought a Cort walnut bass that has low signal pickups. The tone was great but I nearly had the pre on 8 out of 10, and master on 6. By the end of the night the pre is on 8 and the master also on 8. However, I also have an Ibanez with active pickups and with that guitar this amp punches! I love the smooth, accurate sound it puts out. The tweeter is very sweet and doesn't introduce a false irritating high end. I'm a finger player and really can't stand tweeters but this one's nice. The tone controls are very musical and they run from 1 to 10. I have low, low mid, mid, on 7 and high on 4 or 5. Even when I pushed the amp almost full out it never distorted, I felt a soft, fast compression kick in, and it was nice sounding. Sound of this amp is very nice. I've played many amps over the years and for the money this one can't be beat. Feature: Here's one I like. All the controls are chicken head knobs going from 1 to 10. Easy! Bass, low mid, mid, and high, master volume. I use them all, and they're very responsive and easy to use. There's a -10db cut be sure you don't use that with passive or the amp will sound too low. There's a mid scoop button but I don't like the sound, some guys might. The parts are well made and nothing was loose when I got it. Ease of Use: Very easy to understand the controls and dial in a good sound. Just take an hour with it alone and get to know your amp. Try all the controls and your favorite bass before taking it onstage. Read the book! Quality: This amp arrived it perfect condition without one flaw. Every part felt solid, and it exhudes an outstanding professional image onstage. Black grill with black tolex and black corners. Very professional looking. For the time I've used this it's been absolutely reliable, and it was running about 90% full half the night, never even got warm. I would easily gig with this guy without a backup Value: You will not find a better amp for the price on the market. I live in Alaska and when I went to Oregon to stay with the in laws I tried many combos. None of them sounded this good or loud for $199. The amp gets pretty loud and never overheats or shuts down. It looks good and is built well enough to be slammed around the back of a van with the rest of the stuff. I'm very happy I bought this amp, and I had a budget up to $400! Manufacturer Support: I own various Behringer gear and unlike other players I've always found their stuff to be sturdy, rugged, and well built. The parts are solid and don't fall apart. For years I've never had to call them for any repairs. The Wow Factor: This amp looks very professional onstage. Very subdued, nice grill cloth and all black faceplate. Some of the catalogs show a white face on the controls but the new ones are black. Knobs look great. Definitely professional image and appealing. Overall: The only reason it dropped one level down is it is just a hair too quiet for me. I wish it was just a bit louder with more built in headroom. Like I would only need to go to 5 instead of 8 or 9 on loud nights. Other than that, I love all the quality of this little amp. By the way, it's also a bit heavier than I thought, but I can still carry it by the handle, although I make a couple stops along the way.

"Overall, you cant go wrong with the Behringer 1800 180 Watts Combo Amp. I have been a Bass player for many years and have purcha" submitted March 21, 2011

By a customer from chuckboggs.com
Music Style: Classic Rock, Blues, MoTown, country
Sound: My Behringer 1800 Bass amp arrived today (3-21-2011). UPS delivered it early afternoon. I immediately unpacked it, quickly read the owners manual, plugged it in, connected my Watwick 4 string and played. I was impressed with the warm tone coming from the 15 inch speaker. I tweaked the EQ a bit and liked those higher end tones also. I am impressed with the total package. I will not hesitate to gig with this Amp and for the price, you wont find a better sound. Feature: The Behringer 1800 Bass Amp did not contain any accessories. The five band EQ is more than adequate but I wish it had come with 7 bands. The handle sits atop the cabinet and is more than adequate for carrying the amp. it weighs in at around 60 lbs and casters would have been nice but I have a small hand truck that fits the bill for now. Handles on each side would have been a blessing, but for now, my setup for transport will suffice. Ease of Use: The ownwers manual comes in several languages but I used the english script and understood everything as written. Pretty much plug and play. I dont feel there is a learning curve for experienced Bassists, but it will take me a time or two before I have everything dialed in to suit my playing styles. Quality: My Behringer 1800 Bass Amp was packaged very well. I am impressed with the construction and I noticed no rattles of any kind. The finish is great. Currently I have no back up Amp available so this is it. I am impressed. Like anything else, I feel that this amp will be appropriate for the road as long as it is not abused,dropped or used for anything other than a Bass Amp. Cosmetically this rig should last for years. I found nothing negative about this product. Value: Actually, for what you receive, the value is much more than the price I needed to purchase this Amp. I would buy another if not for the sound then for the value you receive with the Behringer 1800 Bass Amp/Combo Manufacturer Support: I had a couple of questions for support concerning another product. There response time was very quick and the info I received was accurate. The Wow Factor: Sex appeal?? Its a Bass Amp. I do like the black color. Overall: I purchased this product for smaller venues, rehersals ets. I am keeping this Combo amp for sure although Hartke is my next purchase. If the Behringer was lost or stolen, I would probably purchase another as soon as possible.

"Can't Beat It!!" submitted August 11, 2006

Music Style: Classic Rock
Sound: The Shape button makes the string stand out when depressed. The LOW and LOW/MID controls make the bottom end kick. Feature: Came with CD input, FX Loop, Return Jack, Headphone Jack, Ground Lift, D.I. XLR Output. These are Good Features that can be used to learn, Record, or just have fun with different effects. Only thing is the PAD and SHAPE button could use LED lights to let you know they are on. Ease of Use: The sound that you prefer is easy to get, play around with it and you can find it. With the Return Jack Just about any sound you want is at your foot. Quality: The shipping package was soild and very well protected. The AMP itself is Strudy and well built. It seems to be well ROAD WORHTY. If you blow the big 15" Bugera speaker just replace it because the cab.is well, well built. Value: I don't know how you do it. Manufacturer Support: Have not dealt with but when I called to get the size of AMP They where Very nice and knowedgeable and asked if I wanted a new Zzounds mag. The Wow Factor: I leave the sex appeal up to my beautiful wife. It's a great addition to my setup. Overall: If anything happens to this AMP is the only way I would search for another and if so it will be a Behringer.

"Great Practice amp. Great value. The review below, Don't kill the puppy." submitted May 1, 2008

By a customer from hvc.rr.com
Overall
Sound: Very good sound. I needed a practice amp and chose this one cause I've always liked the warm bass sound that behringer has. Feature: Surprised there isn't an active input in it but thats fine, again it was bought for the practice and it really does the joband than some for that purpose. I did use it at a show (theater) we went direct with it. I had to crank it for the drummer to hear it. So cranking it I lost a lot in the EQ. It was hard to get that nice bass sound I have at home with it. If your looking to practice with it get it. Ease of Use: Very easy, plug in and play. No too much to the knobs. Quality: Im not gonna give it a ten cause the last behringer I had the inputs wore out. This is very heavy and seems to be durable. It lasted a night at a benefit with a few bands using it cranked........ Value: The best for me cause I aint that far away so shipping is always cheap. The price for this is great considering the wattage and also considering the show I just did wit it. I keep mentioning that show cause I put this thing through a pounding that night and it sounds just the same today. So long story shot...great value FOR A PRACTICE AMP Manufacturer Support: ZZounds has great tech support. I've been buying from them for a few years now. The Wow Factor: Out of all the practice amps this one stuck out. Glad I grabbed it. Overall: For what i got it for Im totally happy with it. I know If I needed to (emergency) I could go direct with it and it would do fine. I really don't wanna use it for that but it is there for the use. I like it.

Behringer BX1800 Bass Amp Customer Review submitted February 27, 2009

By a customer from live.co.uk
Music Style: CCM, Blues, Funk, Ambient
Sound: Superb - really nails that B-15 growl. Definitely a warm, tubey sound rather than a clinical, modern tone. Feature: Plain, simple controls. All the ins and outs you could wish for, except an extension speaker socket. Only other complaint is the single, central handle - unit is heavy to move one-handed, and the handle, though it's never given me any trouble, looks almost too frail for the job. Ease of Use: Simple, effective 4-band EQ. Remarkable degree of control achievable between the gain (unaccountably labelled "Volume") and master controls. Very natural, effective limiter. Quality: Excellent construction. Very very solid. Nice smooth controls. I've gigged with this (church, pubs, small clubs) with no backup, and without the least worry. Except that silly little handle! Value: Unbeliveable value. Would be reasonably priced at twice the cost. Manufacturer Support: I bought the unit nearly new, and called Behringer about the warranty, which they were very pleased to extend to me. Charming folk to deal with. The Wow Factor: Looks purposeful but modest, just like a bass amp should. Overall: This'll do me - if it were stolen or wrecked I'd replace it with another.

"behringer 1800 bass amp, A-1!" submitted December 9, 2009

By a customer from windstream.net
Musical Background: 6 years active musician
Music Style: gospil / country
Sound: my 1800 has a very mellow sweet tone on low- mid level volumes. has good power and punch at high volume levels. it's a very nice sounding bass amp! Feature: has plenty of features for a practice amp. it's good enough as is. Ease of Use: it is very versitle in getting the sounds you want or need. Quality: it is well made and durable. it came out of th box with no blemishes on the cabinet or front grill. the only thing that i'm not thrilled with are all the control knobs. all the knobs feel loose ( no resistance as you turn them). and all the knobs are wobbly. they feel cheap. but this could be a plus; less resistance means less friction, which in turn means slower wear. including the wobbliness of the knob stems. and this may be intentionaly done by the factory engineers that have this in mind! i'm having no problem with them at all. so; don't let this keep you from buying this wonderful amp! i'm not concerned about it! they work great! and i've cranked and cranked on them! you can depend on this amp completely. it is very road worthy too! this amp will last you many years! so just enjoy it! Value: this amp is worth the investment. absolutly! Manufacturer Support: i have not needed them. The Wow Factor: this amp looks professinal and is pleasing to the eye. looks great on stage! Overall: i'm getting ready to buy the behringer 550 watt head and a behringer cabinet in a feww days. i'm sold on their equipment totally! i am keeping my behringer amps for good! i've used fender and others equipment and their products just aren't worthy of the huge price tags they demand! example- iplayed on a fender 'p' bass at a music store last month, and the knobs on it were so cheap and cheezy, i couldn't hardly believe my own eyes! so don't get all hung up on names! it's just a lot more costly usually,and not that much better in these days and times the way equipment is made anymore. ok?

"great build love this amp" submitted November 22, 2009

By a customer from YAHOO.COM
Musical Background: ACTIVE MUSICIAN
Music Style: PUNK , CLASSIC ROCK , HARD ROCK
Sound: This amp is just about perfect the only thing is when i turn my tone on my basses tone i get a little feed back. This amp is my favorite amp ive ever had i have a silvertone a crate and a fender. I got this amp from castle music in norwalk ohio and this amp is a must buy for a band. Feature: has everything i need Ease of Use: a little on the heavy side if u get it buy some casters Quality: great quality Value: great Manufacturer Support: never had to use support The Wow Factor: very sexy lol love this amp Overall: great

"Good amp" submitted April 6, 2014

By michael Turnipseed in Birmingham, AL
Musical Background: 10 years bass guitar
Music Style: Christian
Overall: It a good amp loud

"DON'T WASTE YOUR CASJ OR TIME" submitted April 2, 2008

By a customer from pobox.upenn.edu
Music Style: soul
Sound: This amp died after 10 mins of using it. I plugged it in and got a deafening hum and then the think tanked from the tenuousnes of the power plug socket to the EQ adn volume knobs. Dealing with it up close, it's just a shoddy piece of equipment. There's a reason that they're selling 180W of power for under $200 folks. I'm returning this and getting a Fender 210 Rumble like I should have in the first place. This Behringer BX1800 weighs a ton, but then doesn't actually perform. I went with this item because we needed a loud amp for church. Since, I don't actually need another amp for my personal use and am donating this without compensation, I took a chance and went with the option that suited my thin pockets right now. Don't waste your money or time with this.

When you call, mention priority code 175Q-6SDR. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976