When you call, mention priority code 15G8-R4CJ

Rating and Reviews: Behringer BDI21 Bass DI

The V-Tone DI box convincingly models tube amp sound while the precision dials let you tune and tweak until you've got just the right tone.

Overall

"During a gig I might change basses,the BDI21 lets me alter my tone w/o changing amp settings,sound guys love this.At this price," submitted February 7, 2011

Musical Background: working musician
Music Style: whatever keeps me working
Sound: Stumbled on this guy by accident,what a find.If you're a flat wound player you'll love this unit,warms and brightens an otherwise dull thud.Have used it as a live DI and recorded direct with it,the engineers were surprised and impressed. Feature: Like another reviewer suggested phantom power and mid-sweep would be nice,but at this price I' very happy. Ease of Use: Not being a fan of digital units I love being able to experiment without having to go thru a series of steps just to change sounds. Quality: Seems pretty solid,not that I'm planning to throw it around.No problem with the knobs or jacks. Value: Every working bassist should have one of these. Manufacturer Support: Don't know,haven't needed yet. The Wow Factor: I own it;depending on the gig my rig may vary,from 1-12 combo to 400w 8-10 cabinet,the BDI21 is first in line on all. Overall: I wasn't looking when I found the BDI21,will probably order another.Works great over-driving organ patches on digital keyboards.I gave straight 9s' because there's always a better sound to be had.I'm a bit old school,a creature of habit,so I can see using this unit for a long while.

"Good Deal Buy It !" submitted April 22, 2011

Overall
Sound: You can get a lot of different tones out of this thing. I bought it to just basicaly see what it could do. I was very surprised at the different tones that it could produce. This is not a SansAmp Bass driver, but it is for sure as good as most any other pedals as far as giving you varied tones that sound really great. Feature: It is pretty straight forward as far as features go. You have knobs, that turn and a switch button to tur it off and on. Ease of Use: Gravy to use. If all else fails look at the paper Behringer gives you with it. The paper has several different to settings. If you can read you can set it up. It's that simple. Quality: It seems to be put together pretty well. I would not abyse any of my other equipment, so I wont abuse this. It seems fairly well constructed. Value: The price is dirt cheap for what you get. this thing will work for about 90% of all Bass applications. Manufacturer Support: I have never needed it. Overall: N/A

"Great price, great sound" submitted September 11, 2012

By Thomas S in New Brunswick, NJ
Musical Background: Bass, 15 years, playing in bands for live and studio uses
Music Style: Hardcore, metal, punk, indie
Overall: This pedal seems to have been based off the tech21 sansamp pedal. It may have a little more gain that the sansamp. I have had great results with the pedal in terms of tone. It delivers that great sansmp tone without a problem. The casing is made of plastic as is the switch, so if you're going to engaging the switch often then it may be a problem. I keep mine on all the time, so the switch won't be an issue.

"Buy it, you will like it." submitted November 16, 2011

Musical Background: 52 years. Christian praise band, classical guitar trio
Music Style: Variety of styles
Sound: The product performs as described. The signal strength is boosted for basses with passive pickups. I rated it a 9 since I do not have another bass direct box for comparison. You will not be disappointed if you purchase this.

"Behringer Bass DI pedal." submitted March 14, 2010

Musical Background: I've been playing bass and guitar since 1968. Hobbyist
Music Style: Rock, Blues, Country, Jazz
Sound: I use mainly a Line 6 Variax 5 string into a GK1001RB amp. I was never happy with the low end on the GK...sort of sterile. I play classic rock and blues mostly. After two years of living with it, I plugged the Behringer DI into the amp. The low end I was hoping for was there. Using the Behringer DI I am able to cop the SVT tone I had in the 70's, as well as the feel. It's become a valuable part of my rig. The DI works far better for me than the direct out on the GK, which I have used for years, both in pre and post EQ modes. The Behringer DI sits in the mix better. Set right, the Behringer DI gives me just enough "tube like" compression to smooth the tone and feel. My rig went down one night and I had to run into the PA only. The Behringer DI worked great. Feature: I love the pedal, but would like it better if it had a midrange. (I'm a working amp tech, and may add one.) There is an inherent mid cut that works most of the time, but in some venues it would be nice to add some mids. It would also be nice if it had the ability to be phantom powered. I may add that too. Ease of Use: It didn't take but a couple minutes to dial in the tone I wanted. The blend and gain settings take the most experimenting. I run the tone controls flat to start and just small tweaks of the tone controls is all that's needed to dial in my tone. Quality: Plastic case, but as with all the Behringer pedals I have, I've never had one crack or break. Sure metal would seem nicer, but for the price, who cares. I've had mine for a couple years and have never had any problems. Value: This pedal is obviously a Tech 21 BDDI knockoff. $29.99 compared to $199.99. I tried this pedal out thinking if it did the job, I'd upgrade to the Tech 21. I never had to make the move as the performance of the Behringer is great. Low noise, great sound... Manufacturer Support: I am a working amp tech, and have had to repair Behringer products. It has always been easy to get parts. Schematics aren't available to non-authorized Behringer techs. I will say that Behringer is a far easier company to deal with than Loud Technologies (Ampeg, Crate, Mackie, etc.) I even told a spokesperson at Mackie that it is a sad day when customer support from Behringer is better than that at Mackie. He sadly agreed. (I hear Loud is finally improving things.) The Wow Factor: Hey, It's a Behringer. Not too much sex appeal, but great value. Overall: If lost or stolen, I'd buy another. It does a great job and sounds great.
12 of 13 people (92.31%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Very Nice!!!" submitted February 7, 2014

By Cris B in APO , AE
Overall
Musical Background: Playing about 12 yrs. Bass, drums and piano. Church musician and producer
Music Style: Christian, Rock, Hip Hop, RnB, Country, Latin and Blues
Overall: Pedal works great and I can get a variety of tones from it...only negative I have is that it does not come with an ac power source. But for the tonality I am able to achieve I am not holding that against Behringer.

When you call, mention priority code 15G8-R4CJ. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976