When you call, mention priority code 20M-PSV6

Rating and Reviews: Behringer BCF2000 Surface

Take tactile control over your mixes with 8 motorized 100 mm faders and 8 rotary encoders. The Behringer BCF2000 makes serious DAW control affordable!

"wow guys, this is da bomb" submitted May 26, 2005

By a customer from shaw.ca
Musical Background: pro recording engineer
Music Style: rock, pop, dance
Sound: just amazing, my recordings are so much better now thanks to the ease of use from the bcf2000. I can concentrate on making music finally. Feature: emulates baby hui and mackie, as well as allowing customized programming??? better than all other control surfaces in my opinion because of this. I can run ANYTHING with it, even pro tools. Quality: perfect I guess. nothing's wrong with the build of my unit. Great stuff. dropped it even and it keeps on working. Don't recommend dropping any control surface or mixer though, just for the record. Value: simply blows away the competition for versatility and compatibility and price (like less than half the price). Manufacturer Support: they've helped me get setup, helped me through a blue screen problem (which turned out to be sonar related), quick response, excellent english, technically smart yet talking to me in language I can understand. The Wow Factor: it's soooo sexy, flying motorized faders, flashing red leds all over the place. Very kewl, very professional too. Overall: just get one, or two. the more the better of these things (they link up)
40 of 42 people (95.24%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"A excellent DAW controller at price we all can afford!" submitted September 26, 2011

Overall
Musical Background: Retired hobbyist musician, home recording.
Music Style: Many styles
Sound: This is a control device and doesn't actually alter the quality of the sound. I use the BCF2000 to control the faders, pan, solo, mute and such on my DAW recording software. In regards to sound, what is important is it controls the DAW actions without introducing buzz, hum or unwanted electronic noise. Feature: I am finding that this controller does pretty much what it advertises. The faders are smooth and accurate. The buttons and knobs feel well made. The transport buttons layout could be done better, with a dedicated forward/back/pause/stop/record layout. Ease of Use: Here, some users may find that setting up the controller to work with their particular software can be a bit of research. I use Reaper as my primary DAW (recording/mixing software). The BCF2000 didn't come with setup instructions or drivers for Reaper, specifically. But, due to the great folks at the Reaper forum I quickly had everything I needed to get my new controller up and running. I should say that it does come with everything necessary for a sizable list of well known DAWs. Quality: This controller is about a third the cost of most comparable units, so I had some pre-purchase reservations about the low price. So far, I can say that this is a quality made unit that does its job very well. Value: Although, depending on which DAW you use it with, it may require a bit of tinkering to setup, it is an excellent choice for the cost. Manufacturer Support: No service related contact with this company. The Wow Factor: This is a neat machine. It looks great on your mix desk, and it performs. What else can you ask? Overall: This is a difficult question. We all want bigger and better. To me it always falls on usability to cost ratio. Will I use and appreciate the better work flow this controller provides; or will it sit gathering dust after the initial "Gee whiz" factor wears off. So far, The Behringer BCF2000 is getting used every mixing session I've done.

"A Must Have For Pro Tools" submitted December 4, 2013

By Joe M in Leonardo, NJ
Musical Background: Musician 40 years
Music Style: Classic rock/Blues
Overall: I as looking for a control surface for pro tools and man everything I was coming across was big bucs (for my short pockets ). I found this unit at zsounds and read the reviews and conducted my own research and I have to say the unit does control protools with out a hitch very easy setup. Best of all was the price. I highly recomend this unit.

"Sexy control surface will spice up your life." submitted May 20, 2005

Overall
Musical Background: Pro musician, violin, guitar, bass, drums, engineer, composer, arranger, performer
Music Style: classical, rock, pop, classic rock, experimental
Sound: Well it doesn't really make sound except for the motors that move the sliders, but I'm rating the sound quality based on how improved my audio editing experience has been since I purchased and learned the bcf2000. Feature: Excellent features, AMAZING for the money, absolutely nothing else comes close. HOWEVER, I'd love to see a jog dial and the built-in led is something I'm simply ignoring except for the most basic startup settings. It does have a great on-screen display that runs in windows though, a free download from behringer, and that makes up for the tiny led display. faders are long (10 cm), slightly rough movement but very controllable, pots are great, buttons are, well, buttons, they work fine. Quality: I guess it's pretty good. Haven't had any problems so far with the hardware. I have had some windows conflicts with the behringer usb driver blue-screening on me (and that's the latest version 1.1.1.1 which is supposed to fix that). However I'm working with their tech support team currently to solve the problem and we're getting it worked out. Value: well it's unbelievable really. I never dreamed I'd be able to have a motorized control surface for less than $800 canadian, but I got this for less than half of that. How can you go wrong? Manufacturer Support: Very good support so far. I had the problem described above and emailed them, heard back in 2 or 3 days (which is somewhat slow) and the guy was obviously a techie type who I've found to be a very knowledgable and intelligent person with good advice. They're taking their time to not only help me with my problem but to learn from my problem so they can help other users in the future. I'm impressed. Very good service all-in-all. I've heard of much worse service from other companies, although your mileage may vary. The Wow Factor: moving faders, pro looking hardware, flying leds, only use your mouse for really specific tasks (or for plugins when using sonar 4 cuz the mackie support in sonar is lacking somewhat at this time). It rocks. It's sexy. My wife went WOW, and I thought she'd say "take it back" LoL. Overall: Just get it. Why use a mouse? Mix like a pro.

"The BCF2k is the only option in its price-range, but it's well equipped. So long as you don't mind the noise and jitteriness of" submitted January 26, 2011

Musical Background: Recording Engineer, Producer, Guitarist, Hobbyist
Music Style: Rock, Jazz, Rockabilly, Techno, Alternative, Folk...
Sound: It is really loud. The motorized faders, I mean. I don't know what other term to use, but they're fidgety. When they're responding to a slow, steady volume curve (either manual or one drawn in the DAW) it's like the little motor-gear-thingie is nervous or jumping between notches or something. And when the faders are sent from top to bottom, boy do they ever hit! Snap! snap! Of course, one would expect motorized faders to have a little sound, but this is loud enough to bother people in the next room over, through closed doors! Technically, there's no "sound" as this is a midi controller. The sound comes from the speakers. But I rated it a 3 because it actually does make noise. Feature: Given that this is a midi controller, if you know enough about how midi works and can configure things on the software-side, this will do just about anything you need. Ease of Use: The BCF2k isn't made for any particular DAW software, though it has presets built-in for some of the major products, so the hardest thing about using it comes from that fact: Most of the buttons are not dedicated to one function, but can perform several, depending upon other buttons and selectors you depress. Also, you can tweak or edit the assigned functions to make the machine do pretty much anything. I've even heard of a guy using his as a DMX lighting controller. The learning curve comes from figuring out how the button assignments work and how to modify/use them. I use mine as a DAW controller for Logic Studio. There's a built-in configuration for Logic, but you wouldn't know it from reading the directions. I'd say the manual is garbage. But Youtube has some good videos. The knobs and faders all feel pretty good, especially considering the price of the thing. I like the full-length faders. The pan-pots can go 360°+ as where they are at is shown by a ring of LEDs. My only complaint on that front is that I have to fight with the faders when they're following some automation and I want to adjust the tracks via Latch setting. They should just give way, but instead the motor fights me and generally I've got to go back into Logic and pencil in a few bars where the automation curve went all buggy. Quality: If the faders weren't so dang loud and were smoother, I'd have zero complaints on the hardware side. Of course I could complain that the buttons aren't dedicated to this or that function, but the BCF2k wasn't built *just* for Logic or ProTools or whatever. Value: There's nothing else in its price range. You've either got to sink to the one-fader-at-a-time controllers or the korg nanokontrol ($60-$100) or you've got to buy a keyboard with faders on it, or jump up to the $1000 range. Manufacturer Support: Haven't dealt with Behringer. Wish the drop-down allowed for a "N/A" but it's 5 stars instead. The Wow Factor: It looks good. Sure, it's a lot of plastic with a little metal, but it feels pretty solid. The LEDs are nice. It's mostly just a practical way for me to do multi-channel automation. Overall: I'll probably keep this and use it until it wears out or until I get my big break and can afford to buy the über-expensive stuff.

"Great buy! Worth every penny!" submitted March 9, 2009

Overall
Musical Background: Rapper / Recording Engineer / Mastering Engineer (One Day :-)
Music Style: Rap / Hip Hop
Sound: Not to much noise to a fader, ya the motorized faders create noise but not much! Feature: It has the volume faders for mixing, you can Pan and Solo and Mute on it as well! Mine is connected to Pro Tools 8! Great product! Ease of Use: Easy setup, this products installation varys one what your trying to use it with! Cubase was a lil complicated to setup with, but Pro Tools was a breeze! Contact me if you need to no how! Quality: Its kind of light, not to much weight to it. But everything feels sturdy on it and good quality. I read somebody dropped theres and it still worked great! (PS dont drop yours lol) Value: Definitely worth the selling price! Its worth every penny! Its so nice to have faders in front of you for mixing instead of a mouse! I recommend it to anyone! (Motorized faders are wonderful, they fly in to place where left off in your last session! Manufacturer Support: Havent had to use any support, so i geuss its good! :-D The Wow Factor: Nice blue color or white you can get both! Overall: Overall this product is DEFINITELY worth it! Its great for hand on mixing! Works well, and is built well! Motorized faders are amazing! If you cant afford a rediculous priced mixer definitely get this! its only lacking a couple features that the others have! It does all the essentials youd want it to! (Volume, Pan, Solo, Mute) and im sure it can be programmed to do more! GO GET IT!

Behringer BCF2000 Surface Customer Review submitted November 27, 2008

Musical Background: Music Producer/Engineer
Music Style: rap/Hip hop and R&B
Sound: well it dosn't really make a sound because its only a midi controller but the faders make some noise when they move Feature: The features of the BCF2000 is basicly unlimited its fully mapable and can be used under Mackie Control Universal mode, you can even daisy chain them together to have 16,22 ect. ect. faders. Behringer has an app out that gives you a virtual LCD screen that gives you all the info Ease of Use: real easy to set up, if not just go to youtube Quality: it is real durable Value: this is about the only midi control surface that has moving faders for such a low price. and the possibilitys are endless with 2 or more of these, you could even thro in a BCR and it is priced WAY WAY WAY lower than the Mackie Control,,the only thing missing is a jog wheel Manufacturer Support: Havn't had any problems The Wow Factor: well....i dont know about sex appeal but it does look nice, I have the white one in my studio Overall: its amazing

"MUST HAVE ON A BUDGET!!!!!!!!" submitted August 29, 2010

By a customer from YAHOO.COM
Musical Background: RECORDING ENGINEER/EXECUTIVE PRODUCER
Music Style: RAP/RNB
Sound: I HAVE OWNED THIS PRODUCT FOR QUITE SOMETIME NOW ON MY PROTOOLS LE SYSTEM AND I HAVE TO HONESTLY SAY THAT IT SAVED ME ALMOST $1000... DOES THE EXACT SAME THING AS THE COMMAND 8 AND CAN ACTUALLY CONTROL UNLIMITED NUMBER OF TRACKS... WOW! Feature: MOST USEFUL FEATURES WOULD INCLUDE LIVE AUTOMATION THROUGH MIDI ON MULTIPLE TRACKS AT ONCE... AND IF U FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS FOR SET UP AND CAN GET THE DRIVERS FROM BEHRINGER IT LOADS IN HALF AN HOUR AND IF 2 BUTTON PUSHES FROM CONTROLLING YOUR PROTOOLS SYSTEM. Ease of Use: VERY SIMPLE READ THE DIRECTIONS.... Quality: DUNNO BOUT HOW WELL IT'S MADE IT'S LIGHT AND PLASTIC AND THE FADERS DO SOUND LIKE THEY ARE STUCK SOMETIMES... BUT FOR $1000 CHEAPER THAN IT'S COUNTER PART WHO CARES... P.S. YOUR NOT SUPPOSED TO RECORD FROM THE ROOM THIS IS IN ANYWAY... AND IF YOU LIKE THE MUSIC YOU MAKE IT SHOULD BE LOUD ENOUGH FOR IT TO STUFF THE MINIMAL NOISE ANYWAY... Value: AT $1000 CHEAPER THAN THE COMMAND 8 LOL IT'S A NO BRAINER... Manufacturer Support: WHO NEEDS IT LOL IT COMES WITH DIRECTIONS AND THE DRIVERS AND ON THE BEHRINGER WEBSITE ... The Wow Factor: I WOULD RATHER HAVE THE COMMAND 8 BUT IT'S NOT IN MY BUDGET SO HELL YA THIS WORKS Overall: LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT.... AND THE 2 BUTTON RECORD IN PROTOOLS IS THE BEST SINCE I RECORD AND ENGINEER FOR MYSELF... AND THE RUNNING BACK AND FORTH EVERY TAKE REALLY SUCKS... LOL ... THIS PRODUCT IS A MUST HAVE IF YOUR ON A BUDGET AND THE COMMAND 8 IS WHAT YOU ARE LOOKING FOR....

"Studio engineer" submitted January 1, 2008

Musical Background: Pop- folk-hiphop
Music Style: modern Folk
Sound: It's not have any effect for sound Feature: Not like Mackie controller but is very near and sexsy Ease of Use: I need it Quality: very nice and very cheap Value: protool and mackie and tascam had first controller technology and so very expensive...but behringer built after this mark and so is cheap...but it is very nice Manufacturer Support: good good good...very good.... The Wow Factor: I want it to be close freind with sonar and reason Overall: manuel for describe isn't good and when I bought have problem for instal good....but I try and found...

"What a surface" submitted June 8, 2006

By a customer from zoominternet.net
Musical Background: Homestudio Junkie
Music Style: Alternative, Grunge, Indie
Sound: N/A but it helps me make my sound a 10 Feature: It's great, push button rotary knobs paired with faders for $180. It's hard to ask for more, but I wouldn't mind another row of buttons to toggle recording on/off. Emulation is 100% awesome, Throw it in BabyHUI and my ProTools6.7 rig works flawlessly Ease of Use: The documentation is worthless, use'd google to get what I needed, the website's driver download was misleading, but once it's setup it's as easy as moving a fader. Quality: It's behringer, It won't last forever, the rotary's are a little cheap and so are the faders but so is the product. Value: Worth every single penny Manufacturer Support: Haven't had to, but, I have heard that they are good. The Wow Factor: There's nothing sexier than faders that move by themselves Overall: Nothing even near it's price can compete

"GET IT NOW, Oh wait. Behringer has been delaying ETA times.. So if you order now, it will be here in 3 months.... thx behringer" submitted June 13, 2005

Overall
Musical Background: 15+ years of guitar playing, theory. 5+ years of audio engineering.
Music Style: Alternative, JAzz, and BLues..
Sound: DOES NOT AFFECT SOUND QUALITY.. Just a control surface.. Feature: For the money, its the best out there. dont get a mackie universal. way over priced. Quality: It is built solid. Value: Good! Manufacturer Support: havent needed them yet... Heard they suck though. The Wow Factor: Looks good, geat design! Overall: Good price, Great product for less!

"FADERS ARE NOT TOUCH SENSITIVE!!!" submitted August 21, 2011

Musical Background: Musician-engineer
Music Style: rock, jazz, blues
Sound: Motors are really pretty loud. Overall: It really shocks me that no one ever posts warnings to potential buyers like this one: THIS UNITS MOTORIZED FADERS ARE NOT TOUCH SENSITIVE!!! Which actually precludes this product from being anything more than Bling Bling. Without touch sensitivity, the DAW has no ability to control or distinguish between read and write mode! Which kinda makes me think, "Why did they even bother releasing this product?" And...Why am I the only one mentioning such a huge oversight? And Behringer isn't interested in discussing it, let alone rectifying this. Overall Review: Nice Bling Bling toy. It's shamefull how a huge company like behringer can "Drop the Ball" like they have with the design of this controller.

"well hell - now my studio is WAY more sexy" submitted June 6, 2005

Overall
Musical Background: professional recording engineer and producer, own a small studio
Music Style: commercial rock
Sound: just amazing what this did for my life. I run a small studio and use 3 of these chained together to control 24 tracks in real time. I spent $1227 CAD in total. Try THAT with the major studio gear of the past! Feature: great features - only flaw is that it doesn't have touch sensitive faders. Makes re-recording of automation data difficult to impossible, at least what I've found so far. but otherwise great! Quality: very very good, but I wish the faders were a little smoother. a bit on the rough side. Value: no comparison, best value of all motorized control surfaces. it's a baby hui, logic control, mackie control and customizeable device all in one. Manufacturer Support: great - had very good help from behringer through email. The Wow Factor: well it's just too cool isn't it?? moving faders!? Overall: please try these things out. make sure you read the 1.07 OS manual (freely downloadable from their website) to learn the emulation stuff, and if you use a mackie mode then read the docs in your OWN DAW software for that control surface since mackie didn't write their own docs (they rely on 3rd parties like cakewalk, steinberg, etc).

"A waste of time and money, don't buy it. It's cheap, works poorly, and for the money you can get something better. Trust me this" submitted July 17, 2011

Musical Background: Audio Engineer, Music Producer, Beat Maker, Musician
Music Style: Hip Hop, R&B, Folk, Rock, Gospel
Sound: Of course it doesn't make sound but the resolution on the faders are awful. They're practically useless, you're still going to need to be using your mouse to get levels right if you're working in a daw. Much better going with the One fader using the AlphaTrack or the Presonus one. Feature: You can map commans to the control surface but since virtually every mixer does that it's not special in any way. Ease of Use: Easy to use I guess, not much to it. Setting it up to use with my DAW wasn't difficult at all. Quality: Feels cheap prbably because it is cheap. Value: It's pointless and a waste of money. I was so upset when I bought the thing I returned it the third day after I had it and bought the AlphaTrack one instead and couldn't be happier. I am shocked people gave this mess good reviews on here Manufacturer Support: Never had to use it. The Wow Factor: Not sexy

"Mac users beware...Behringer doesn't support you" submitted July 11, 2006

By a customer from firedept.net
Musical Background: Hobbyist, play some live music, home studio
Music Style: Jazz, rock, gospel
Feature: The little that I was able to use it before I gave up on it I was pleased with what it would do if I could get it to work. Behringer doesn't support Mac users. I have their VAMP for bass and for guitar, and the Mac support just isn't there. This would probably be great for Windows, but for Mac it screwed up Performer being able to recognize the channel settings and basically made using the features difficult to apply. Ease of Use: I am a Mac user and using Performer with the BCF2000. It was really frustrating. At first I couldn't get Performer to recognize it. After being really frustrated trying to follow the directions I finally contacted tech support. That is when I learned about emulation mode. I thought all of my problems were solved, but it was just one thing after another, and tech support wouldn't even acknowlege my e-mails. Support for Mac users is pretty non-existent. It seems that the updates are for Windows. Think twice if you are a Mac user before buying. Quality: Seems well made for the price. I came close to hurling it across the room in frustration but didn't actually do it. Maybe that would invalidate the warranty. There were moments when I was definitely tempted. Value: If it worked it would be a fantastic value, but it doesn't get along with my main application (Performer for Mac) or my midi interface so what's the point of owning it? Manufacturer Support: After an initial answer to an e-mail where I was told about emulation mode, they stopped responding. Why on earth wouldn't the manual mention emulation mode? You have to wonder. My experience is that tech support doesn't responde unless it's an easy question. The Wow Factor: If Behringer doesn't support Mac users then they should make it known. If the BCF2000 isn't seamless in emulation mode then that should be made known too. To spend so much time trying to decipher the directions only to find out that it only works in emulation mode, and then to waste so much time trying to get it to work with my application is not acceptible. Tech support is maddening. You don't want this if you use something other than Windows. Overall: I'm going to sell it for a few dollars and take the loss. I'm beyond disgusted.

"One corner too many cut!" submitted September 16, 2011

Musical Background: Composer
Music Style: Choral to Jazz and everything in between
Sound: The BCF2000 has great potential, but why in heaven's name Behringer didn't include a transport panel is mindboggling. To record, one must press two buttons at once, and these buttons are located at the very top and bottom of the unit respectively! If you have small hands, it is a two handed operation! Who came up with this design? There is no jog-wheel, and no master fader. How much would these items add to the price? Probably no more than $25.00 or so. I would gladly have paid another $100.00+ to have these things included. Given that the closest competitor sells for $1,0000+, this kind of corner-cutting is self-defeating. I can live whithout a master fader and a jog-whel, but the absence of a reasonable transport panel spoils the whole thing for me. It gets three stars, since you can't get the motorized faders for anywhere near the price, but it would, could, should have been a 5+ Ease of Use: For me, the ridiculous transport control ruins the whole thing! Quality: Excellent for the price. Value: The addition of a transport panel would have made it a 10! If it had a transport panel, jog-wheel, and master fader it would be an easy 11+ ! Talk about a missed opportunity! Manufacturer Support: Didn't need it. The Wow Factor: It is half as usable as it should have been. Overall: If I can find a simmilar thing, but with a trasnsport panel for, say $500.00 or so I'll buy it. Instantly!

"Even Michael Jackson Couldn't Beat it!" submitted August 21, 2008

Overall
Sound: No Sound But it controls the sound just fine. Feature: I havent owned a mixer controller before but from what I heard and the price of it I wasnt expecting too too much. the outcome however BLEW MY MIND. Features are great as well. BTW this work GREAT with FL studio and Pro tools le. Ease of Use: Very easy to use. Kind of hard to get everything set up within the daws but that's because the manual didnt say anything about that really. so I relied on Youtube lol. Quality: I dont know about other controllers like this, but I still can't believe the quality for the price! 200 dollars and you get full control of you software's mixer PLUS motorized faders which I believe are a Must. Value: Very Valuable to me because it makes my job ALOT easier!!! Manufacturer Support: manual wasnt that great. But on the other hand I never did call the helplines because I figured it out on my own. The Wow Factor: I got it... Overall: I'm very satisfied with this product. I don't see myself getting something else for a while.

"Great controller for the price" submitted August 22, 2007

Musical Background: Active musician , sound designer
Music Style: regge, dub, trip hop, jazz...
Sound: This is a midi controller so there is no sound, except the faders moving! :D Feature: 8 faders, 8 knobs, assignable buttons, all u need for good work. Ease of Use: I had trouble with my mac to get it started with logic 7, but then i founded in a forum that i need a firmware to get a simulation of logic control, and then it works flawlessly! Quality: sturdy products, good full size motorized faders, nice knobs with leds... Very nice indeed for the price... Value: Best controler for the price, motorized faders looks and feel so cool!! Manufacturer Support: I had luck that i founded good forum to ask what to do. Behringer is not so good with their support. The Wow Factor: I have it, and its working perfectly over the years... Overall: Best controller for the price, ill buy another one cause i can link them both and have 16 faders. Really nice!

"Inexpensive. Full featured. Horrible documentation." submitted June 16, 2007

By a customer from thoughtfaucet.com
Overall
Musical Background: Active Musician, Orchestrator/Arranger, Composer, Small time recordist
Music Style: Rock, Ya'llternative, Classical. Bassist.
Sound: Not really applicable, this is a midi control surface. The faders are a little noisy, but your audio application will probably have a "mute" feature for the faders because all motorized faders make a little noise. Might be a cool feature to add into the unit for a future revision though, a hardware button that "mutes" the faders moving. Heavy UI thinking would be needed though. Anyway, I digress, the main point is that this thing loses 2 points for making sound at all (but you don't buy this thing for the sound). Feature: 8 faders, 8 nobs, a handfull of buttons. What more could you ask for? Oh, and if you're in an emulation mode there's a layer or two of shift buttons to increase the functionality of that handful of buttons. Ease of Use: The documentation is very very foul. But that's par for the course with Behringer. You're buying a relatively inexpensive, feature-laden product. They save their money buy leveraging the global economy and not hiring anyone to make readable/actionable documentation. The web is your best source for how to use this thing. Quality: Seems rugged enough to me. The fit and finish was perfectly fine on the model I got. No blemishes or loose anything. It's made of plastic (like everything these days) so I trust it as much as I trust plastic. If it was made of steel/hardwood and had a perfect tension ratio when I moved the faders I'd give it a higher rating. For keyboard players, it's like the difference between an inexpensive midi controller and one with weighted keys. You pay a lot for weighted keys. I don't know if competing products have a more satisfying resistance on the faders or not though. I give it a 7 but this product is totally in line with it's price and I am not worried about it breaking anytime soon. Value: I could buy two of these for the price of one Logic Control. Given the lack of decent documentation I wouldn't pay any more for the BCF2000. But I'm very satisfies with my purchase. Manufacturer Support: Documentation is useless, might as well put in the the WC for better use. It probably makes sense to an engineer somewhere. With Behringer, you save money on product but lose time in learning how to use the stuff. The good old time/money quandary. There is no free lunch. I've never used support for Behringer because I assume, based on the quality of the manual, that it would drive me insane to speak to anyone from the company. The Wow Factor: It's par for the course in looking cool. There is no aesthetic value in this piece of hardware. It's not sexy, but it isn't ugly. I wish that it was built in such a way that I could tear it down and mount it in one of my rolling rackunits. Then it would look sexy. This thing is a practical device that lacks the beauty of a truly austere industrial design but also avoids the gross "alienware" style stupid flourishes of modern plastics design. Overall: I will be satisfied with this product until I have a larger studio setup (currently I'm sort of 8-channel-centric with a Firepod into Logic Express, so everything is in banks of 8 with me). At some point maybe I'll get bigger but I doubt it. Maybe I'll get a windfall of cash and try out the Logic Control and find it so much better suited that I buy it. But I doubt it. This device is going to work, just like all the other Behringer stuff I've had. It's sort of the Wal-Mart effect (and yeah, I don't shop there much either so bear with me). Every time I go to Wal-Mart I never find what I actually want, but I find something that's really close and at a price I can afford. Then that object sits around my house reminding me of Wal-Mart until I can't stand it and go buy the real thing. The only difference is at least the Behringer stuff provides me with tools to keep doing what I want in the meanwhile.

"Great Value" submitted April 30, 2007

Musical Background: Recording Engineer, Composer
Music Style: Anything
Feature: This controller is very adaptable, any of the faders, knobs, or buttons can be assigned a midi message. The motorized faders are a little noisy but work and respond fairly well. The noise shouldnt bother you unless you are recording right next to the bcf2000. Ease of Use: The manual is pretty basic , but this is simply a midi controller and doesn't have a large learning curve at all. A simple google search will also direct you to people also using this controller. Quality: For the cost of this controller , its build quality is pretty good. I personally don't do any touring/gigs so I don't have experience with transporting it around. If you plan on using it in a studio it should be fine. Value: When comparing the cost to features of the bcf2000, I would say it is a great deal. 8 motorized faders, 8 assignable knobs Manufacturer Support: Contrary to what another user commented about , behringer does not make it difficult for mac users. I had no trouble updating the firmware of the machine. I had no problems getting the bcf2000 to work with any of the programs I use. I didn't try it with Digital performer, but I had no problems with Pro tools (after updating to get bhui support), logic, ableton, reason, and reaktor. The Wow Factor: Not much in the way of "sex appeal" unless your a gear addict like myself, but its definetely a practical addition to your setup. Overall: The BCF2000 is a great piece of gear for the budget minded engineer/musician, or someone just starting out. Anyone who does any kind of mixing at home or in a small studio without a proper board will appreciate the tactile sense of having faders and knobs to move , instead of using a mouse.

Behringer BCF2000 Surface Customer Review submitted April 5, 2006

Overall
Sound: N/A Feature: The knobs/faders are motorized, the knobs work as buttons AND as knobs, the interface is very intuitive...I'm very happy with this purchase! Quality: Seems pretty sturdy. The knobs are sligly wobbly, but I think thats because they're also buttons.

Behringer BCF2000 Surface Customer Review submitted February 17, 2005

Overall
Sound: No Sound Feature: Has everything that you need to control programs such as sonar 4.0, cubase, etc. Quality: just because it's not a heavy piece of equipment and the sliders are not made of fake metal like material like the protools and mackie systems doesn't mean it is not of good quality. It does all that any other 1000 controller with ease. Value: I'm very picky and this is by far the best for the price piece of equipment I have ever purchased. I was skeptical at first since it is only $200, but i love this piece. Manufacturer Support: not sure, haven't had any problems.

When you call, mention priority code 20M-PSV6. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976