When you call, mention priority code 175X-9JBM

Rating and Reviews: Behringer B-2 Pro Mic

The Behringer B-2 is a condenser microphone that features a selectable cardioid, omnidirectional or figure-8 pickup pattern and a low-cut filter.

"Is there a better mic for the money? I doubt it..." submitted October 10, 2008

Musical Background: Pro-hobbyist
Music Style: Whatevz
Sound: Maybe not 9/10 stars across the spectrum of microphones, but for the price...yeah, 9/10. Feature: Came with shock mount and windscreen in a sturdy case. On-mic options are great for setting up according to environment and conditions. Ease of Use: Pie...or cake, depending. Easy as, anyway... Quality: Well made and sturdy for me. Value: For the money...definitely worth it. Several times over... Manufacturer Support: N/A The Wow Factor: Classy, smooth, sophisticated-looking in its shock mount. Only 9/10 because it's not black... Overall: Again, for the money, I don't know of too many comparable mics. These price point microphone wars are doing a lot of good for the pro-sumer and home studio buffs these days; I think the B2 Pro is right there at the top. Also, I encourage anyone reading this review to take note of the "Overall User Ratings" at the top of this list. Look at the ratings for all the various categories EXCEPT "Overall" Those 7 categories average out to 9.25+ at the time of my writing this review. So, why is it that the "Overall" rating for this mic is only 7/10 stars? That makes zero sense, but what does is purchasing this mic if you need a solid, sensitive and adaptable microphone for pro-sumer use.

"A great mic for vocals and acoustics at a great price." submitted March 4, 2009

Overall
Music Style: I'm right handed, left brained (yeah, my brain left a long time ago)
Sound: The sound of this mic is fantastic. I dropped it on a medium shag carpeted floor, and the gentle thud it made will be hard to reproduce in this price range. Seriously, comparing this mic to a MXL V57M (the only other studio mic I own), there is no comparison. The B2 comes through pure and clean, and the noise level? None. Zippo. Feature: I like the features of the mic, the low-freq filter, the attenuator, and the 3 patterns available are nice. The shockmount is pretty much standard, but is a qaulity built mount. The case is very high quality, and when you transport a condenser mic, you need that. Glad to see that Behringer put the extra cost in a well built, sturdy, lightweight aluminum case, with sized foam lining. Ease of Use: I mean it's a mic, right. Easy to use though, the features are selectable from the outside, you can try different combos easily, without having to take a cover off, get out your headband mounted combo magnifying glass/spotlight to change patterns. Quality: Mic is very well made, no loose parts or blems. It has not failed to perform to this point, but I am very careful with the handling of the mic. You just can't throw around condenser mics like they're rag dolls. Will probably last a lifetime, givn the proper care. And if you use it for vocals, get a pop filter or some kind of screen. Condensers do not like moisture. And don't spill beer on it, it won't like that either. Value: I looked around for a good quality studio mic, and read a lot of reviews. From what I read, Behringer is not the defacto studio mic that every recording engineer dreams of, but is one of those sleepers, that once it is tried is found to rank right there with the big guns. For the price (don't you hate that phrase? what the heck does it mean?), you may not find a better value. Oh, you can pay less, especially in the used market, but why do people sell used mics? That's what I thought, too. Manufacturer Support: Haven't had to use it, so that's a good start. The Wow Factor: It is a nice looking mic, not small by any means, but has a healthy, sturdy look and feel. It looks impressive, even if it's not black. A little bit of a throw-back look to the old radio days. Overall: I think I will be satisfied with the mic a long time, although I am sure I will supplement it. If this thing goes on sale, I will definitely buy another.
20 of 21 people (95.24%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"warm and fuzzy!" submitted March 8, 2012

By Johnny Brannen in Statesboro, GA
Overall
Musical Background: I've played guitar for 22 years, and sang in bands for about 17 years.
Music Style: rock and country
Overall: This mic allows me to record the true sound of my voice, which I haven't been able to achieve up to now. For the price, I am amazed at how good it sounds. I couldnt get it to come through my PA system clearly without feeding back when I tried to use it for a live performance, but thats not what it was made for anyway. I recommend this mic to anybody who wants a pristine vocal sound from their home studio.

"Get it" submitted September 17, 2011

Music Style: Hip Hop/ Rap/ Alternative Hip Hop
Sound: If you know how to master... you dont need any other mic than the one you see here. Dont waste your money on high end mics if you dont know how to master. This mic leaves you with great raw results... no mastering... so if you can master it... nothing more than good condensing a little reverb and a few others than your good. I highley recomend this mic.

"Really, this is a good buy." submitted September 13, 2012

By Jeff W in Tampa, FL
Overall
Musical Background: I jam and also play professionally -> 47 years playing drums, 27 playing keys.
Music Style: Blues, rock, jazz
Overall: I record live music - a lot. I average at least a thousand songs a year, all recorded live. I have more expensive mics, but I use the B2s probably 90% of the time. I've used two of these mics for about 6 years now, mostly on drums, and they've performed flawlessly. I have absolutely no complaints. None. Nada. The shock holders work great, too. I really can't emphasize enough how good these mics sound and how easy they are to use. If you're on a budget the B2 you should seriously consider this mic.

"behringer b2 pro" submitted May 14, 2012

By shehzad amin in karachi, PA
Musical Background: since 3 years i've been recording on DAW
Overall: yesterday i bought this microphone, and m so happy to have it for the price. the sound response is very transparent, and clear, the only problem is that i need to build a vocal booth as the b2 pro is very sensitive., as i have my studio in my bed room. its an excellent microphone for the price but sound quality is like high end microphones

"Best LDC mic for the price..." submitted May 26, 2005

Overall
Sound: This mic has the best sound of all the LDC in its price range. You get a very nice, crisp sound in the upper freq. and is a great studio instrument mic. Vocals come off with a great full sound. The mic responds very well to EQ. Feature: Most mics in its price range wouldn't dream of coming with 3 patterns for recording. Quality: The mic is very well built. The case it comes in, although a bonus, is a little on the cheap side. The shock mount works very well for the mic too. Value: Best mic for the price. Pluse you get the shock mount, screen, and carrying case. Manufacturer Support: I would rate higher, but have only needed to use Behringer's support once for a mixer. It was your average support, nothing great, nothing bad either. The Wow Factor: The mic has a very polished look. You could put in an assortment of other much higher priced mics, and it would blend in well. Overall: I'm very impressed by the mic that Behringer has put out. A lot of studio buffs hate Behringer soley for some of their buisness practices. Don't under estimate Behringer's products. They are great for the price, and you will be very pleased with them.

"Simply the Best for under a grand!!!!!!!" submitted May 10, 2003

Music Style: Country, Hard Rock, and Blues
Sound: I have used this mic to record male vocals and acoustic guitar so far and the sound is incredible. I own several Condensor Mics and this one so far takes the cake. Totally impressed with the sound, especially for the price. Feature: You can't find a mic of this quality with the variety of features that are included. Quality: I think I have finally found the mic to compliment the vocals I need to record and I did not have to spend a fortune to do so. Very impressed. Value: You won't find a better mic for under a grand!!!!!!!! Manufacturer Support: I own several Behringer products; from mixers to effects units, never had a problem with support. Thanks Behringer!!!! The Wow Factor: I am definitely going to buy another one of these. This mic is outstanding. Overall: You can't beat it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Unless you want to take out a Home Equity Loan!!!!

"Decent all purpose mic. Not for use as a primary mic." submitted September 20, 2007

Musical Background: Recording Student
Music Style: Music
Sound: It's quite clear, and reproduces the entire freq range accurately, but it still sounds Chinese to my ears. I loathe the boost in the upper midrange. It sounds harsh and overly present. For this reason I limit the use of this mic, and when I do use it, I meticulously smooth out that boost. That all said, it is a solid mic. It has stood up to some minor mods that I have done to it and the circuitry is made with quality components. This is not a studio centerpiece, and wouldn't recommend it as such to anyone, but serves well as an all purpose condenser in the clutch. Feature: Polar pattern switching makes all the difference. I would find little use for it without the omni or fig-8 patterns. Ease of Use: It's a condenser... Quality: Should you crack it open, you would find it is very mod-friendly and made to be looked at. The components are pretty high end name brand. Has taken more of a beating than I imagined a condenser could. Value: Good value. I would recommend another comparable Chinese mic in this price range. Go with SP for a better stock sound. Manufacturer Support: Never used it. The Wow Factor: Decent looking. Overall: I have been equally frustrated and satisfied.

"This mic is the one you've been looking for!!" submitted October 1, 2004

By a customer from wordoftruthradio.com
Musical Background: Producer, Radio Station Manager
Music Style: Easy Listening
Sound: I've done music and broadcast recording with this mic and the sound is spectacular! I went to college for audio production where I was able to play around with all sorts of expensive microphones and I can honestly tell you that this behringer ranks right up there with all those expensive mics! Feature: All the features I need to do professional recording. The case is an extra bonus, the shockmount is great. Quality: Behringer really knows what they're doing, very solid construction (I accidently knocked over the micstand once and the mic hit pretty hard, but it still sounds brand new). I have nothing to worry about with this one!! Value: I feel like I stole this thing for the price I paid! I would take this mic over any other under $500. Manufacturer Support: Don't think I'll need support, their products are THAT good! The Wow Factor: Couldn't do without it, I think I'll buy another. Overall: I would definitely replace it if I had too. For the price and quality, you just simply can't beat it

"Excellent value...decent quality for an amazing price." submitted June 15, 2007

Overall
Musical Background: Audio Engineer, HipHop Artist, HomeStudio owner.
Music Style: HipHop, R&B, Reggae, Rock, etc...
Sound: I've only used this mic for vocals (mostly hiphop and R&B) and it sounds pretty good. I mean, you get what you pay for, of course, but for as bad a name as Behringer gets from my fellow audio engineers, they do supply beginners with low beginning budgets with semi-decent sounding equipment. I recorded a whole album on this, and as a demo/mixtape quality recording, it came out pretty good. Feature: Come on...for this price you get 3 polar paterns, a pad and bass rolloff, the shock mount, and the durable case. That's a good deal...great features. Ease of Use: Like the man above said...it's a mic...plug it in and use it, it can't get much easier. Quality: For the price, the quality can't be beat. If you got a little more dough though, I would definately go for a better mic, but starting out, you can't beat what you get for this price. Also, I had a drunk artist drop mine on the side of my desk, which put a dent in the grill, but the mic still works great. Value: Again...great value. What you get for this low price is unbeatable. The sound quality & features to money ratio works out in your favor here. Manufacturer Support: None needed...the best kind of support. The Wow Factor: It's a cool looking mic, and it has a wow factor to it, as long as the person you're recording doesn't know anything about Behringer. People give Behringer a bad name because it's cheap, and the quality is not all that great for Pro Audio. When it comes down to it though, on a budget, it'll get the job done, and it looks professional grade to the untrained eye. It's not gonna get you laid, but it could get you paid. (A little bit) :o) Overall: I give it a high score because it's great for the money, but it doesn't get a 10 because of course, you can do soooo much better with a bigger budget. To start out though, you can't beat it's price and it gives decent enough quality for a demo, and for mixtape quality CDs. If music is just a hobby, this is a good mic for home recording, and once you've got more experience, and more money you can upgrade to something better. I've had nothing but good experiences with it though, and look at my first condenser mic with fondness. All in all a good buy...I've never regreted the purchase for a second.

"Excellent home studio mic" submitted June 13, 2005

Musical Background: Musician and home studio engineer
Music Style: Wide range of styles
Sound: This is a very nice mic for the price. I have recorded acoustic guitar, vocals and drums (the B2 and a SM57 behind the drummer and one SM57 in bass drum)and all sounded great! Feature: Everything you need. Quality: Sturdy construction Value: Very happy with this product for the price Overall: Happy with this mic

"Stop!!! Don't spend 500 yet!!! B2 Is a great sound" submitted September 22, 2004

By a customer from netzero.com
Musical Background: Active Vocalist, Song writer
Music Style: Rap, R&B, ROCK
Sound: When i first bought this mic the sound was Flawless no more studio dollars for me, but now i can get rid of the horrible mic signal and i'm picking up a lot of air i think it's the sound card though Feature: You are able to change the sound using switches on the mic, definite plus Quality: Doesn't work well with the budget cables but when i got more expensive cables it Rocked Value: I think it sounds as good as some akg's i've used in studios Manufacturer Support: I don't call the company i call the store i bought it from and they are a huge help it's pretty popular with the retailers (prosound magazine) The Wow Factor: I actually make a lot of money charging people to record they look at it and think it's worth thousands Overall: I Will probably use this mic Until a B-3 comes out, better than the B-1 spend the extra cash

"Great value for money, you won't get something better at this price!" submitted February 17, 2004

By a customer from yahoo.co.uk
Overall
Music Style: Rock, Pop, RnB, Jazz, Alt.
Sound: Clean, spit clear sounds. Transparent too Feature: It comes with a spider mount, wind shield and a stylish metal case. It has 3 polar patterns (omni, cardiod, fig.8), low cut filter, and pad. Quality: Its made pretty decent, solid construction and look. Value: GREAT VALUE FOR MONEY!!!!! Manufacturer Support: No problems with it so far and I don't forsee any... The Wow Factor: GREAT!!!!! Overall: For a long time even after I upgrade to an AKG

"good condenser mic." submitted April 15, 2010

By a customer from WK.NET
Musical Background: RECORDING ENGINEER
Music Style: ALL BUT HIP HOP
Sound: Most people are so stupid about the proper use of mics ,I'll bet if the same people putting this mic down saw Newman as the name on the thing would say its the best they ever used. I owned the highest price microphones and a few low cost and some times the cheaper mic sounds better.With a few exceptions the only thing about this brand is you either get a good one or a bad one so you need to try the exact mic out before you buy,I've had this brand and was satisfied and I've had this brand and threw it away.But I will say their mic that looks like a shure sm58 sounds better then the shure I know I tried a side by side test and I own probably 40 shure mics.They had a good 8 channel tube out board saturation but quit making it. Feature: Good Mic for any price if used properly. Ease of Use: Plug in and use. Quality: Built as good as most. Value: For what you pay it's the best. Manufacturer Support: Never used it. The Wow Factor: I don't anymore mics as I have plenty of all sorts of mics.I don't even know how many I have a hundred or so, and I don't need any more. Overall: for ever

"Great Value" submitted April 14, 2006

By Geoff Taylor
Overall: These are good microphones, and amazing value when you consider what you get for your money - case, shock mount and wind shield included. For field recording they are pretty well ideal, offering three pick up patterns plus a -10dB pad, and solid construction. I have yet to drop one on something solid, but they have survived being bounced around in transit and still work out of the box. The slight peak in the frequency response helps compensate for the deficiencies in my recording equipment, so, whilst not flat 20 - 20000Hz they're more than up to my requirements.

Behringer B-2 Pro Mic Customer Review submitted October 21, 2006

Music Style: post/inde rock
Sound: I'v used two of these mics as a spaced pair for room. I get this electro staticy sound especialy in the high end. I would recomend the MXL990. Feature: The switchable poler paterns are a real plus! you don't see that at this price level.

"And there came the beginners!" submitted April 14, 2009

Musical Background: Recording Engineer
Music Style: Rap/Metal/Emo
Sound: Never thought i'd stoop so low as to use a Behringer microphone.I mean,150 dollars for a mic,a case,a pop-up and a shockmount?There's gotta be compromise for that,and to make you sure,there is. The company says this mic sounds fresh and transparent,but as other experienced engineers,i do not believe them.Why?Because the High-Frequency boost on this mic actually accentises some of the worst sounds a human can make!As every other Behringer,it sounds kinda nasty.Not terrible,but adds a slimey feeling to the sound. Feature: Hey,150 dollars...why did i get this mic again?Oh yes,i remember: The accessories.Costs me LESS to get this microphone than all of the accessories separately,and albeit they aren't pro quality and all,they get the job done. Quality: It's a legend of mythic proportions that Behringer build-quality sucks,and may assure you that this is NOT a Shure. The build quality takes the expenses for the price.Many people here say that this mic is well-made,but compared with my c414,it sucks big. Value: Hey i know i dissed behringer but this mic is good for beginners.Add the accessories to that,and you got a descent package for the price. Manufacturer Support: How come always you ring no one answers? The Wow Factor: Good-looking mic,though i'll give it an 6 because it's a Behringer.Record demos with untrained musicians on it-they'll think it's at least 2000 dollars. Call in a pro and he'll leave as soon as he smells it. Overall: If you're on a really tight budget or a beginner,get this mic!It might not be a NT1 or a AT2020,but will get the job done,and you won't look for another mic in a while.

Behringer B-2 Pro Mic Customer Review submitted April 2, 2006

Musical Background: recording and guitar
Music Style: rock, blues, pop
Sound: this product is very very unstable, i have two of it. after two month i buy, it become noise but will work normal at -10dB, but have noise like "pop....pop...pop...pop...pop.." in few second every few minute. and have pool service in singapore and malaysia. Feature: very well !! got all the accessories we need!! Quality: just about the realibility!! ?? Manufacturer Support: they are sleeping all the time!!

"Behringer and German engineering have got it right! This is a great mic and very versatile!" submitted June 11, 2005

Music Style: Blues, R and B, Soul, Funk, Smooth Jazz, Country, Dance
Sound: This mic is extremely versatile and has great tone with great tonal possibilities. Technology has afforded usthe oppourtunity to have some of the best of the best! This seems to be a Neuman copy with out the Neuman price. Feature: First of all it comes with case, Shock mount and windscreen. The roll off switch/pad and selectable patterns are a great asset. Quality: This mic is built like a "Hummer". Solid feel with good finishing contruction. Connection is good! Value: The price is very comporable especially do to the fact that there are so many Chinese made and mics in this price range. But remember this is German Technology. Manufacturer Support: Have not had to use tech support yet! The Wow Factor: Very Elegant and solid to touch! Overall: My two Behringer B-2's are a necessary part of my microphone arsenal and will always be!

"I sort of look at Behringer as the Peavey of the 90's. I remember when Peavey came out in the 70's and people had thier doubts." submitted June 11, 2005

Music Style: Blues, R and B, Soul, Funk, Smooth Jazz, Country, Dance
Sound: This mic is extremely versatile and has great tone with great tonal possibilities. Technology has afforded usthe oppourtunity to have some of the best of the best! This seems to be a Neuman copy with out the Neuman price. Feature: First of all it comes with case, Shock mount and windscreen. The roll off switch/pad and selectable patterns are a great asset. Quality: This mic is built like a "Hummer". Solid feel with good finishing contruction. Connection is good! Value: The price is very comporable especially do to the fact that there are so many Chinese made and mics in this price range. But remember this is German Technology. Manufacturer Support: Have not had to use tech support yet! The Wow Factor: Very Elegant and solid to touch! Overall: Not sure....my two Behringer B-2's are a necessary part of my microphone arsenal and will always be!

Music Style: Blues, R and B, Soul, Funk, Smooth Jazz, Country, Dance

When you call, mention priority code 175X-9JBM. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976